FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not replying to friendly .messages

Not replying to friendly .messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

One thing I hate is people not having the decency to at least say thanks when you pay a complement. For instance a local couple I praised the photos of the woman but my message was deleted. I did fall outside of the age limit of people they want to meet but I didn't want to anyway but a thank you would have been nice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t reply

Stop ya beefin

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Some do ..some Don't...it's not just rudeness.. sometimes the numbers of messages are just too high

"Some do ..some Don't...it's not just rudeness.. sometimes the numbers of messages are just too high "

Seriously? Some people get literally hundreds of messages... if they replied to all of them they wouldn’t have time for anything else

You’re not entitled to a reply just for being nice

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Join the club, I just don't expect a reply from anybody now. And if they do respond then bonus.

Why should they reply.

I don't reply to all my messages. Some I delete, some I block, some I read and don't reply.

It's personal choice end of.

My advice would be suck it up buttercup....

Women and couples on here get literally hundreds of messages and day! Would you have time to reply to all of them? I sure as shit don't!

Don't take it personally.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

we tried to reply but it opens at can of worms for message after message of somebody who thinks you want to be friends and you really couldn't care so I respect people who just go no it they're right and I can see why they would.

On the subject of messages, if I may be so rude as to briefly interrupt this thread to ask a quick question

I removed my filters yesterday to take part in a forum game. I then put them back to normal but I am still getting messages from the very very young and the very very old. Any ideas?

Thank you

I would reply to whoever messaged me but it does wick me off when ladies don't reply,even if they say no thanks.

Doesn't take a minute to reply.

I do appreciate that some get inundated.

"On the subject of messages, if I may be so rude as to briefly interrupt this thread to ask a quick question

I removed my filters yesterday to take part in a forum game. I then put them back to normal but I am still getting messages from the very very young and the very very old. Any ideas?

Thank you "

Anyone you messaged whilst your filters were off will still be able to message you, otherwise should've returned to normal. Maybe contact admin? They'll fix owt that's broken

"I would reply to whoever messaged me but it does wick me off when ladies don't reply,even if they say no thanks.

I do appreciate that some get inundated. "

I don’t wanna spend my days replying to folk I’m not interested in

Once you have communicated with someone, unless you specifically block their profile, filters do not apply to further messages.

"On the subject of messages, if I may be so rude as to briefly interrupt this thread to ask a quick question

Thank you "

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

So ... just to put into context, you messaged them, even though you fell outside of their criteria and you're complaining they didn't reply. Really?

People would spend ages replying to every "nice" message they get.

Thank you

Anyone you messaged whilst your filters were off will still be able to message you, otherwise should've returned to normal. Maybe contact admin? They'll fix owt that's broken "

Yeah it’s not just people I messaged though. It’s lots of new ones. Strange . Thanks x

Quoted from the Site FAQs page:

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone.

If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested.

If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

"One thing I hate is people not having the decency to at least say thanks when you pay a complement. For instance a local couple I praised the photos of the woman but my message was deleted. I did fall outside of the age limit of people they want to meet but I didn't want to anyway but a thank you would have been nice. "

By *oupleforfun31Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

"I would reply to whoever messaged me but it does wick me off when ladies don't reply,even if they say no thanks.

When single ladies can get literally 100s of messages in no time at all I'm pretty sure it take a hell of a lot more than a minute to reply to them all.

See this really annoys me...

You're right, it doesn't take a minute to reply to ONE message...but hundreds would take hundreds of minutes!

Plus you'd then have to contend with the large portion of people who think that a brief "thanks for the compliment" message means you want to meet them...and those who get nasty when you reiterate that you don't.

"Once you have communicated with someone, unless you specifically block their profile, filters do not apply to further messages.

I know, these are new people x

On the subject of messages, if I may be so rude as to briefly interrupt this thread to ask a quick question

Thank you "

Thank you

Anyone you messaged whilst your filters were off will still be able to message you, otherwise should've returned to normal. Maybe contact admin? They'll fix owt that's broken

Yeah it’s not just people I messaged though. It’s lots of new ones. Strange . Thanks x"

Blame tea monkey..

Thank you

Yeah it’s not just people I messaged though. It’s lots of new ones. Strange . Thanks x

Blame tea monkey.. "

. Yep!!

"Some do ..some Don't...it's not just rudeness.. sometimes the numbers of messages are just too high "

I don’t wanna spend my days replying to folk I’m not interested in "

This.

This old bloody chestnut again.

If i replied to everyone I'm not interested in to say " thanks, but no thanks" I would never have time to chat to the people thete is interested in

I suffer with health problems and am visually impaired so i've done an amazing job if i reply to a dozen messages in a day.

I would like to reply to complimentary messages just to say thanks, but when i do that some take it as a sign I want a meet rather than politeness. It's easier to not reply.

I've been accused of blanking someone i chat to because i hasn't seen a message of theirs.

People rarely see the bigger picture.

Yeah compliments are nice but honestly, there's too many to reply to. I wouldn't take it to heart.

See this really annoys me...

You're right, it doesn't take a minute to reply to ONE message...but hundreds would take hundreds of minutes!

Plus you'd then have to contend with the large portion of people who think that a brief "thanks for the compliment" message means you want to meet them...and those who get nasty when you reiterate that you don't. "

If you said thanks but no I'd just block you ha

"So ... just to put into context, you messaged them, even though you fell outside of their criteria and you're complaining they didn't reply. Really?

People would spend ages replying to every "nice" message they get. "

Not only that they are complaining that they made the mail 'personal' because of mentioning a picture. It's times like this that we should rejoice in remembering we all get emails from arseholes....it really does sometimes make you think you're going mad, then insanity hits the forum and normal order is resumed

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"One thing I hate is people not having the decency to at least say thanks when you pay a complement. For instance a local couple I praised the photos of the woman but my message was deleted. I did fall outside of the age limit of people they want to meet but I didn't want to anyway but a thank you would have been nice. "

If they had replied it would allow you to permanently circumvent any filters that they chose to apply in the future. Don't take it personal.

Thank you

Blame tea monkey..

. Yep!!"

Empty your cookie jar and cache, etc. It might jiggle it a bit.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I always say thank you if someone pays me a compliment. Manners cost nothing and compliments are much appreciated.x

If someone says "hi" or "how was your week" etc then i dont always have time to nessage back. Rude messages get ignored.

Thank you

Blame tea monkey..

. Yep!!"

These people may have winked you whilst you removed your filters. If they did they'll be able to send you messages now.

I have men blocked but sometimes I'll receive a message from someone I've not spoken to before. My guess is they have winked or messaged me previously when men weren't blocked.

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

Would be nice to have automatic reply’s

Thank you but no thank you

Thank you

Blame tea monkey..

. Yep!!

These people may have winked you whilst you removed your filters. If they did they'll be able to send you messages now.

I have men blocked but sometimes I'll receive a message from someone I've not spoken to before. My guess is they have winked or messaged me previously when men weren't blocked."

Oh right didn’t realise if they’d winked they can through filters. Must be that then. Thanks.

A response to a compliment can often lead to an awkward no for a lot of people.

For instance if I responded to a compliment even though I make it clear I do no private meets the conversation always ends with ... Can I have your Kik or your numbers... Why do they need that if I'm only ever going to play in clubs. Then I have to turn them down.

Now days I just block all from messaging me. So peaceful. So lovely

Thank you

Blame tea monkey..

. Yep!!

I have men blocked but sometimes I'll receive a message from someone I've not spoken to before. My guess is they have winked or messaged me previously when men weren't blocked.

Oh right didn’t realise if they’d winked they can through filters. Must be that then. Thanks. "

I'm not sure how i worked it out. Someone might have told me, but it's handy to know.

By *loralDanceWoman  over a year ago

Ashton-under-Lyne

I have ignored and/deleted hundreds of messages in just a few weeks and have rarely replied to polite messages from people that don't interest me. The clue as to why is in the word 'hundreds'. Those that appeal to me, I genuinely give time to replying to. If it isn't my thing, I simply don't have the time to reply. If you aren't brutal, it becomes a chore, and messages slip off after a few days, and then you forget who people are, etc. No, best to keep the people who you reply to to a very limited number.

Shelly x

I just take it as a not interested and block. Unless they're super super hot and i want to continue to perv on them

May I suggest then, you don’t send to receive.

It’s your choice after all to message the compliment in the 1st instance.

By *icetouch83Man  over a year ago

swansea

Most men on here are to up tight relax ffs don't freak out if you don't get a reply move on

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

A response to any message, no matter how well thought or 'innocent' it is, can open the floodgates to more

Experience has taught me never reply to complimentary messages.

It was my birthday yesterday, so I made an exceptuin.

I started to send replies to folk who'd wished me happy birthday

Unless I knew them all I sent was "Thank you"

After less than 10minutes, over 30 had responded back with a FAF type message.

Most where 100s of miles away, none met my preferences.

I deleted the rest of the messages unread as quite frankly I had better things to do with my time.

I'm sticking to being rude & ignorant from now on.

As a single guy I expect to be ignored and sometimes get a rude reply. Not particularly offended and chat to the sociable types.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Should people feel obliged to say thanks for an unsolicited message they didn't ask for?

Even if you'd put lots of time and effort in writing it, does that somehow mean they owe you their time even though the didn't ask for it?

I get the frustration of putting effort into a message and getting a simple delete. But it's you who has chose to project your self on to them? Personally I never expect people to be obliged to take the time to message back if not intrested.

I actually think a message delete is fair enough as it's a simple way of saying no without effort. But when a message sits simply unread that is more frustrating.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

This from a profile which quotes how many unread messages they have in their inbox they have and states that they will reply if and when they get around to it.......hypocrisy at its finest here on Fab!

And yet the last para of your own profile OP you state you have lots of unread messages to which you will reply to some of if you get time, and apologise if you dont reply to others....

[Removed by poster at 29/04/19 17:16:10]

By *icetouch83Man  over a year ago

swansea

I wish I had that many messages that I could just not read them

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I try to reply because I know how pissed off people get especially the men etc..or how rubbish it feels when you don't get a reply. But at the moment I haven't been organising any meets as such .. only to say hi to friends so my inbox is getting fuller and fuller... So im at the point where I'm gonna have to mass delete because I can't see the normal messages from the people on my actual friends list or the people who I want to chat with.. I feel bad but that's how it is..

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

Too many people use it as an in and you go from saying thanks to then having to defend your preferences. They almost always reply, encouraged by the fact you've responded.

If I send a compliment it’s because i want to don’t need validation in a thank you

I do reply with a thanks, but most do it to start a conversation because they want to meet. Then I have to tell them they are not what I'm looking for.

49 people have replied to this post and from what I can see you've not replied to one of them OP. How rude!

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Next time you like a photo just fab it. Saves a lot of needless whinging afterwards lol.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#noreply

A handy link

By *opsy71Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

It's the old adage "You don't give to receive"

If it bothers you that much that you don't receive, then don't give, its very simple.

By *layful Couple For YouCouple  over a year ago

Lust

If it’s blatantly obvious they haven’t read our profile from the content of their message, then we’ll either ignore or block. If the message is along the lines of what we’re looking for then we’ll answer, even if it is a polite ‘no thanks’ kinda response.

Oh dear. Next?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

You knowingly ignored their age range, messaged them without any previous contact and then expect them to reply? You shouldn't give out compliments just to get thanks either btw.

By *iss-louWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Would be nice to have automatic reply’s

Thank you but no thank you "

Definitely...

I dont reply to every message I get... It pisses me off no end if I then get a needy "I see you read my message..whats your answer please?" Second message..

Ummm If I didnt reply it means Im not interested no?

"I always say thank you if someone pays me a compliment. Manners cost nothing and compliments are much appreciated.x

If someone says "hi" or "how was your week" etc then i dont always have time to nessage back. Rude messages get ignored.

"

Those kind of manners would cost me a couple of hours a night if I had filters down. Fab is a bit of fun, not a half time admin role.

And sometimes its because I don't want to And there is nothing wrong with that.

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

"I always say thank you if someone pays me a compliment. Manners cost nothing and compliments are much appreciated.x

"

"

I don't think it's rude not to reply, it's rude to except one then moan when you don't.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nobody gets more messages than me if they so god help them it's a pain to reply as someone said it opens a can of worms but reply I do unless I forget for some reason and no I'm not "beefin"as someone suggested it's the way I am just courteous and a nice sociable person always ha e been. Anyhow that's me done it always ends up the same way getting nasty replies.

By *t8880Couple  over a year ago

Staffs

We don’t reply to many messages, also if someone asks for face pics straight away and don’t send any themselves they usually get ignored as well.

"Nobody gets more messages than me if they so god help them it's a pain to reply as someone said it opens a can of worms but reply I do unless I forget for some reason and no I'm not "beefin"as someone suggested it's the way I am just courteous and a nice sociable person always ha e been. Anyhow that's me done it always ends up the same way getting nasty replies. "

I find it quite offensive to basically be told I'm not a nice person or am rude because I don't respond to every message I get...

No one was nasty to you on this thread...

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Nobody gets more messages than me. "

I sincerely doubt that but if thinking this makes you feel better about having an unrealistic expectation that people deserve a reply then go ahead

The problem with what you did is usually seem as a way to creep in the back door of filters and start chatting. If they're polite in just saying thanks then often many take it as they want to chat more which often isn't the case.

I'm not sure why people feel that others are obliged to acknowledge compliments on fab. It's nothing like the real world as fab clearly tells everyone, no reply means not interested and most take it as that.

Yep it's rude OP but this is fab. It's where people get away with being rude and it's accepted.

You weren’t in their age range, you ignored that and still decided to message.

So they ignored you. Is it really any different?

They are entitled to reply to who they please.

I personally wouldn’t reply to someone who wasn’t within my filters and messaged anyway.

"One thing I hate is people not having the decency to at least say thanks when you pay a complement. For instance a local couple I praised the photos of the woman but my message was deleted. I did fall outside of the age limit of people they want to meet but I didn't want to anyway but a thank you would have been nice.

I personally wouldn’t reply to someone who wasn’t within my filters and messaged anyway."

What would a “no thanks” reply do though? It doesn’t change the fact they’re not interested.

Best to delete your “sent messages” if someone not replying bothers you.

By *cotscouple85Couple  over a year ago

Dumfries

Physically couldn't reply to every message even with the age restrictions we have as a filter. We're here for NSA not much else. Harsh as that sounds x

If I'm rude for not replying, people who expect a reply are deluded.

I just live with the no reply. What I do is block them as not to approach again.

There loss in my eyes

"One thing I hate is people not having the decency to at least say thanks when you pay a complement. For instance a local couple I praised the photos of the woman but my message was deleted. I did fall outside of the age limit of people they want to meet but I didn't want to anyway but a thank you would have been nice.

I personally wouldn’t reply to someone who wasn’t within my filters and messaged anyway."

They obviously hadn't blocked those out of their filtered age, so as so many told me after I used to say in forums that first thing I look at is age filter and if out of it I just move on without showing any interest, they complained as saying we still open to chat and see. I still don't bother however.

"I just live with the no reply. What I do is block them as not to approach again.

There loss in my eyes "

Totally.

Just fire and forget the compliment and enjoy the fact that complete strangers allow you to perv on their naked bodies.

Not exactly difficult concept.

It's nice to compliment. But I don't ever expect a reply, simply because women get hundreds of messages every day. They'd need a full time P.A.!!

A female friend from here once showed me her in-box (no not that one!), 263.....incredible to see!

"Physically couldn't reply to every message even with the age restrictions we have as a filter. We're here for NSA not much else. Harsh as that sounds x"

Same here.

When my profile is visible I get a ton of messages.

I was Number 1 in Hot Photos before and it was the evening, I went to bed early as I had a really long day the next day, didn’t log into Fab until the evening when I was on the train home.

No joke I had 1100+ messages, hundreds of friend requests, I hide my profile for weeks after that, and regularly do so now.

This was with filters aswell.

I couldn’t care less if someone I’m not interested in calls me rude to be honest. We all use Fab in the way that works for us!!

I personally wouldn’t reply to someone who wasn’t within my filters and messaged anyway.

They obviously hadn't blocked those out of their filtered age, so as so many told me after I used to say in forums that first thing I look at is age filter and if out of it I just move on without showing any interest, they complained as saying we still open to chat and see. I still don't bother however."

Yes they probably just added the preferred age at registration but didn’t block them via “message filters” which you have to do afterwards.

I did the same thing when I was new, was chatting to a woman about messages and she mentioned I need to block those out of my age range through message filters. Which I did!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I get that many messages from men that I can't possibly reply to all also I've found if you reply it seems to be taken as an invitation for sex , when you refuse they sometimes get very nasty so these days I just delete

"I just live with the no reply. What I do is block them as not to approach again.

There loss in my eyes "

For it to be a loss, they’d have had to meet you & then ignore you, that would be a loss.

Them not wanting to meet with someone they have never met, technically wouldn’t be a loss.

Maybe a missed opportunity, but then anyone we don’t want to meet could be seen as that!

There loss in my eyes

For it to be a loss, they’d have had to meet you & then ignore you, that would be a

Them not wanting to meet with someone they have never met, technically wouldn’t be a loss.

Maybe a missed opportunity, but then anyone we don’t want to meet could be seen as that! "

Yes... a missed opportunity. I stopped worrying about it when I saw a females inbox after one day.

They have it hard I tells ya !!

They obviously hadn't blocked those out of their filtered age, so as so many told me after I used to say in forums that first thing I look at is age filter and if out of it I just move on without showing any interest, they complained as saying we still open to chat and see. I still don't bother however.

Yes they probably just added the preferred age at registration but didn’t block them via “message filters” which you have to do afterwards.

I did the same thing when I was new, was chatting to a woman about messages and she mentioned I need to block those out of my age range through message filters. Which I did! "

As I said I always just skip them without even looking now. This also tends to be my response if someone clearly has me filtered out and messages with a shot how are you or nice pics or hi. I might say thanks but don't show further interest. Theres need to tell me even though I've filtered out your age I'm interested. Not hard to compose.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No reply means no interest, whether they appreciated the compliments or not. It's worthwhile knowing the Fab style of doing things, as it's got its own norms and official site rules too.

Many people don't reply to gorgeous messages and people - they fit their behaviour to the site, their time and other limitations, as well as what they may be needing at any one point in time. Couples accounts may be variously used by either partner or both, so compliments may not reach the intended half. Think of any response as a bonus, rather than an expectation.

Some use it as an excuse to get talking in the hope of getting a meet.

It happens all the time on our couples profile.

Try not to take offence OP.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Some use it as an excuse to get talking in the hope of getting a meet.

It happens all the time on our couples profile.

Try not to take offence OP."

By *cotscouple85Couple  over a year ago

Dumfries

"Physically couldn't reply to every message even with the age restrictions we have as a filter. We're here for NSA not much else. Harsh as that sounds x

Same here.

When my profile is visible I get a ton of messages.

I was Number 1 in Hot Photos before and it was the evening, I went to bed early as I had a really long day the next day, didn’t log into Fab until the evening when I was on the train home.

No joke I had 1100+ messages, hundreds of friend requests, I hide my profile for weeks after that, and regularly do so now.

This was with filters aswell.

I couldn’t care less if someone I’m not interested in calls me rude to be honest. We all use Fab in the way that works for us!! "

Exactly our thoughts, we don't like the site to get in the way of our "normal" life, time is precious for everyone. x

By *xelf787Man  over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

Thank you

Yeah it’s not just people I messaged though. It’s lots of new ones. Strange . Thanks x"

Did you press save when you put filters back on? Sounds obvious but easily missed!!

Thank you

Did you press save when you put filters back on? Sounds obvious but easily missed!!"

Was my fault. I changed the age range back but forgot to block all other ages from messaging me on the filters part

By *xelf787Man  over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

Thank you

Did you press save when you put filters back on? Sounds obvious but easily missed!!

Was my fault. I changed the age range back but forgot to block all other ages from messaging me on the filters part "

Lol blondie!!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

You sent them a message knowing that you weren't in their age range, they shouldn't feel obliged to reply, nor should you expect one. It was a nice thought, but lots do this to try to get others to change their minds about meeting. This can also lead to being pestered or abuse.

Ive had 400 messages to day

Im not replying to all

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Why should they reply.

I don't reply to all my messages. Some I delete, some I block, some I read and don't reply.

It's personal choice end of."

Exactly this.

Fab rule states no reply not interested.no reply doesn't mean rude.

"Ive had 400 messages to day

Im not replying to all "

That’s mental - how can you manage when you have to sift through them??

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

Some do, some don't. Ultimately you form an opinion based on the interaction

Im not replying to all

That’s mental - how can you manage when you have to sift through them?? "

I dont look at all.i just cant, if a pic catches my eye i will look

Im not replying to all

I dont look at all.i just cant, if a pic catches my eye i will look "

When our inbox is busy we go by fun subject titles...

Heys get deleted pdq!

Im not replying to all

Heys get deleted pdq! "

Any text speak or saying use instead of you and they are deleted asap

Im not replying to all

Heys get deleted pdq!

Any text speak or saying use instead of you and they are deleted asap "

Ha ha - I noticed that catchy/fun titles get more attention. This is good info chaps, take note

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Just because you have an opinion about someone else doesn't mean they should be grateful or appreciate it.

» Add a new message to this topic