FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Emotional Intimacy Whore*

Emotional Intimacy Whore*

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Have you met them?

Are you one?

*It was a line from The Bisexual (TV series)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I don’t know the context you’re referencing; but semantically I feel like I may well be one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think that might be me.

What does it mean exactly?

I suspect I fall into this category...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What does it mean? If it means what I think then I'm probably the opposite

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Ah that show! I've had it on my watchlist for some time, I need to get round to it. Explain LS, explain what one is.

"I don’t know the context you’re referencing; but semantically I feel like I may well be one. "

I'm not referencing any particular context. It was a line that stuck with me from the series.

I feel I have met some and have been one, at various times in my life.

Not a clue why do u people insist on confusing me

Yep what is one?

Ok I think we need a definition here Lickety, I’m worried

Can you elaborate what it means? X

"Ah that show! I've had it on my watchlist for some time, I need to get round to it. Explain LS, explain what one is. "

The series is frustrating but I enjoyed it. I'm leaving it open to interpretation here.

Intimacy is what i crave but dunno what the rest means

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I'm emotionally avoidant and think most guys i've met are similar.

"Ah that show! I've had it on my watchlist for some time, I need to get round to it. Explain LS, explain what one is.

The series is frustrating but I enjoyed it. I'm leaving it open to interpretation here.

"

Somebody who seeks emotional intimacy above a more light superficial relationship?

"Ah that show! I've had it on my watchlist for some time, I need to get round to it. Explain LS, explain what one is.

"

It had a Girls vibe to it which is interesting. Okay. So open to intepretation. Hmm. Right. I'll have a think.

Actually, fuck! I do know a few. Quite well actually. Yes. Am I one? I'll have a think.

"I think that might be me.

What does it mean exactly?"

Why do you think it might be you? My interpretation of the term does not fit with your public presentation.

So if im in love and like intimacy omg i think im one should i charge her then

Ok Im going to hazard a guess that this means someone who craves regular intense encounters with people they feel astrong emotional connection to. The whore bit suggests their partners pay an emotional price for the encounter as the emotional intimacy whore moves from one encounter to the next?

Am I close?

Somebody who seeks emotional intimacy above a more light superficial relationship? "

I would say crave, rather than just seek. The relationship might be light and superficial but the behaviour would give a different impression.

I know one. They get emotionally attached to people rather quickly which is damaging enough but they also entice it from others who tend to "fall" for them just at the point the person is moving onto their next conquest.

"So if im in love and like intimacy omg i think im one should i charge her then "

Love without intimacy is not very loving.

Somebody who seeks emotional intimacy above a more light superficial relationship?

I would say crave, rather than just seek. The relationship might be light and superficial but the behaviour would give a different impression.

"

Oh OK. No I'm not one. Phew!

"Ok Im going to hazard a guess that this means someone who craves regular intense encounters with people they feel astrong emotional connection to. The whore bit suggests their partners pay an emotional price for the encounter as the emotional intimacy whore moves from one encounter to the next?

Am I close?"

That's very good.

It would fit at least two people I know who went on to 'ghost' me, in the modern parlance.

Depends on my mood.

"I know one. They get emotionally attached to people rather quickly which is damaging enough but they also entice it from others who tend to "fall" for them just at the point the person is moving onto their next conquest. "

The question is, how much do they 'need' it and how much is game play?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 30/04/19 21:56:21]

"What does it mean? If it means what I think then I'm probably the opposite"

You present as the opposite, from interactions on here. You appear secure in your relationship with yourself and your partner.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"Depends on my mood."

How you doin’?

"So if im in love and like intimacy omg i think im one should i charge her then

Love without intimacy is not very loving. "

phew im off the list again

"I know one. They get emotionally attached to people rather quickly which is damaging enough but they also entice it from others who tend to "fall" for them just at the point the person is moving onto their next conquest.

The question is, how much do they 'need' it and how much is game play?

"

I think it's a need. It certainly isn't intentional game play anyway. I think they find it hard to be intimate without an emotional attachment so they create one albeit a false or exagerrated one.

whoops deleted my post. I think im the opposite but know people who are

"I know one. They get emotionally attached to people rather quickly which is damaging enough but they also entice it from others who tend to "fall" for them just at the point the person is moving onto their next conquest. "

Saying nothing.....

That's not me then. I like the closeness I feel when I'm emotionally attracted to someone, and I need an emotional connection to want sex with them. I don't want anything but the feelings in my head and the physical feelings that come from them.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Me too! I do wonder if we’re thinking about the same person! X

"I know one. They get emotionally attached to people rather quickly which is damaging enough but they also entice it from others who tend to "fall" for them just at the point the person is moving onto their next conquest.

That's not me then. I like the closeness I feel when I'm emotionally attracted to someone, and I need an emotional connection to want sex with them. I don't want anything but the feelings in my head and the physical feelings that come from them.

"

That doesn't sound 'whoreish'.

am i one lickety

I'm a demi sexual and need an emotional connection to someone to want them sexually. They don't have to feel the same about me.

I'm not talking about love or having to be in a relationship with them.

A reason I don't want to go to a club is there won't be time for me to form that connection, so it would be a waste of time.

"am i one lickety"

I don't think so. You have a strong and stable relationship with Jay. I don't see you seeking out others to fill a gap.

Me too! I do wonder if we’re thinking about the same person! X"

Thinking, not knowing

"I'm a demi sexual and need an emotional connection to someone to want them sexually. They don't have to feel the same about me.

A reason I don't want to go to a club is there won't be time for me to form that connection, so it would be a waste of time. "

I see club sex as a different beast. Although, when I used to go with someone with whom I had a strong connection it heightened that closeness.

I can (think I) get emotionally dependant but usually only to one person.

I don't think I am one but that might be not wanting to see myself as one. I like an emotional connection but it's not at detriment to my relationship with my partner.

"

I can't see how it can equate to being a whore, or act in a whorish way. Whores are paid for sex.

Perhaps I'm being rewarded with the emotional connection I get from sex? I need that to make me feel fulfilled. So I "whore" myself out to feel good.

"I'm a demi sexual and need an emotional connection to someone to want them sexually. They don't have to feel the same about me.

A reason I don't want to go to a club is there won't be time for me to form that connection, so it would be a waste of time.

I see club sex as a different beast. Although, when I used to go with someone with whom I had a strong connection it heightened that closeness.

"

I would probably need a man with me to enjoy myself.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What does it mean? If it means what I think then I'm probably the opposite

You present as the opposite, from interactions on here. You appear secure in your relationship with yourself and your partner.

"

Yup!

Do we have to have a partner to be one?

I can't see how it can equate to being a whore, or act in a whorish way. Whores are paid for sex.

Perhaps I'm being rewarded with the emotional connection I get from sex? I need that to make me feel fulfilled. So I "whore" myself out to feel good.

"

I think that last line is the point of the phrase. I'm still not sure it applies to you, from my experience of you.

"I don't think I am one but that might be not wanting to see myself as one. I like an emotional connection but it's not at detriment to my relationship with my partner. "

Wouldn't that be emotional bla *mail rather than whore.

"Do we have to have a partner to be one?

"

No, I don't think so.

I think that last line is the point of the phrase. I'm still not sure it applies to you, from my experience of you.

"

I'm still not sure what it means as whores are giving their bodies in return for money.

Using emotion to get what you want from someone would not be whoring yourself. I don't think.

"

Like reclaim sex?

"I don't think I am one but that might be not wanting to see myself as one. I like an emotional connection but it's not at detriment to my relationship with my partner.

Wouldn't that be emotional bla *mail rather than whore."

How so?

Like reclaim sex?"

I'm not sure. I just felt closer to the person I was with seeing them with someone else ad encouraging/enabling my sex with others. Especially if we maintained eye contact.

"I don't think I am one but that might be not wanting to see myself as one. I like an emotional connection but it's not at detriment to my relationship with my partner. "

I don’t think it’s as simple as liking an emotional connection for getting the most out sexual encounters.

I think this is caused by creating an emotional rapid ride for the two involved that generates a deep intimacy. However one of the couple has a deep craving for experiencing that rapid ride and once the rush is over moves on leaving the bewildered partner paying the price. Similar to a narcissistic personality but perhaps without the nasty, controlling, abusive bit?

"I don't think I am one but that might be not wanting to see myself as one. I like an emotional connection but it's not at detriment to my relationship with my partner.

Wouldn't that be emotional bla *mail rather than whore.

How so? "

Are you talking about connecting emotionally with people who aren't your partner?

I'm still not sure what it means as whores are giving their bodies in return for money.

Using emotion to get what you want from someone would not be whoring yourself. I don't think. "

Creating that emotional dependancy with more than one person maybe, or having to do it with all you meet but with no follow up to it, leaving a trail of broken hearts?

I don’t think it’s as simple as liking an emotional connection for getting the most out sexual encounters.

I think this is caused by creating an emotional rapid ride for the two involved that generates a deep intimacy. However one of the couple has a deep craving for experiencing that rapid ride and once the rush is over moves on leaving the bewildered partner paying the price. Similar to a narcissistic personality but perhaps without the nasty, controlling, abusive bit?"

What if they don't do it on purpose?

Using emotion to get what you want from someone would not be whoring yourself. I don't think. "

I think you are overthinking this. Exchange 'money' for any other form of currency and it would still apply. It was a phrase from a telly programme.

Using emotion to get what you want from someone would not be whoring yourself. I don't think.

Creating that emotional dependancy with more than one person maybe, or having to do it with all you meet but with no follow up to it, leaving a trail of broken hearts? "

That’s the kind of idea I’m getting at

I think this is caused by creating an emotional rapid ride for the two involved that generates a deep intimacy. However one of the couple has a deep craving for experiencing that rapid ride and once the rush is over moves on leaving the bewildered partner paying the price. Similar to a narcissistic personality but perhaps without the nasty, controlling, abusive bit?

What if they don't do it on purpose? "

It may be unconsciously driven

Creating that emotional dependancy with more than one person maybe, or having to do it with all you meet but with no follow up to it, leaving a trail of broken hearts? "

I've done that, but not intentionally. More than one man has declared their love or a close emotional connection to me quite soon after meeting them, and I can't reciprocate, so I move on.

I think most don't do it on purpose. In owning it for past self, I would say that I really didn't do it on purpose. At least, not consciously.

I think this is caused by creating an emotional rapid ride for the two involved that generates a deep intimacy. However one of the couple has a deep craving for experiencing that rapid ride and once the rush is over moves on leaving the bewildered partner paying the price. Similar to a narcissistic personality but perhaps without the nasty, controlling, abusive bit?"

Ah I understand that. Well explained! No, that's not me (I hope). But yes, I definitely do know a few like that. It's not done with malice, or at least I don't think it is. More that they constantly seek the next new relationship energy and thrive off that.

I think you are overthinking this. Exchange 'money' for any other form of currency and it would still apply. It was a phrase from a telly programme.

"

I think I might do it unintentionally. Or I keep meeting men who think they are in love, when it's lust.

"Depends on my mood.

How you doin’?"

Needy

I don't think narcissists are aware of what they're doing, or at least refuse to acknowledge it to themselves. The pattern of idealise, devalue, discard is damaging whether done consciously or not though.

I think I might do it unintentionally. Or I keep meeting men who think they are in love, when it's lust."

Infatuation is quite possible in a short period of time. Create intense sexual experiences coupled with an emotional connection and it can be a recipe for the unaware to become infatuated.

It happened to me once without the sex. so I’m on my guard now, as I have a propensity to fall fast.

Ah I understand that. Well explained! No, that's not me (I hope). But yes, I definitely do know a few like that. It's not done with malice, or at least I don't think it is. More that they constantly seek the next new relationship energy and thrive off that. "

I think that’s it, or even they’re in search for the one, but no-one matches up to their ideal, so the quest goes on....

I don't think narcissists are aware of what they're doing, or at least refuse to acknowledge it to themselves. The pattern of idealise, devalue, discard is damaging whether done consciously or not though. "

Funnily enough I was reading recently that the most reliable test for discovering a narcissistic personality is to ask them directly. They often say yes and don’t care.

I don't think narcissists are aware of what they're doing, or at least refuse to acknowledge it to themselves. The pattern of idealise, devalue, discard is damaging whether done consciously or not though.

Funnily enough I was reading recently that the most reliable test for discovering a narcissistic personality is to ask them directly. They often say yes and don’t care."

I might start doing that. It would save time.

I think I might do it unintentionally. Or I keep meeting men who think they are in love, when it's lust.

Infatuation is quite possible in a short period of time. Create intense sexual experiences coupled with an emotional connection and it can be a recipe for the unaware to become infatuated.

It happened to me once without the sex. so I’m on my guard now, as I have a propensity to fall fast. "

It's happened to me more than once and it's difficult to end the relationship, even the sexual ones, because of not wanting to hurt their feelings.

I like the closeness; I don't want the relationship.

I do warn them at the beginning though.

Funnily enough I was reading recently that the most reliable test for discovering a narcissistic personality is to ask them directly. They often say yes and don’t care.

I might start doing that. It would save time.

"

The psychologist who wrote the article was seriously suggesting it as an approach if you have suspicions

It happened to me once without the sex. so I’m on my guard now, as I have a propensity to fall fast.

It's happened to me more than once and it's difficult to end the relationship, even the sexual ones, because of not wanting to hurt their feelings.

I do warn them at the beginning though."

That’s the challenge then, having an ability to reframe the feelings - high doses of dopamine and serotonin - and not think it’s love, but lust or desire.

The difficulty comes if they haven’t experienced that intensity of feeling before.

"

I do warn them at the beginning though.

That’s the challenge then, having an ability to reframe the feelings - high doses of dopamine and serotonin - and not think it’s love, but lust or desire.

The difficulty comes if they haven’t experienced that intensity of feeling before."

It's such a heady feeling, why wouldn't you want to try and repeat it? Unless you get the immediate 'down' and feel hurt.

» Add a new message to this topic