FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Coupling up..

Coupling up..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been pondering on another thread..

Does it bother you when someone you've met then gets into a relationship with someone else?

Do you draw comparisons or do you accept that chemistry varies between different people?

How do you handle it?

How should it be handled?

Interested to hear if either sex deal with things better in your opinion?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I must admit I don’t think anyone I have met has coupled up, I have a few times in the past, I just politely told others that I was no longer meeting alone.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn’t care, if we were still in contact I’d be happy for them. Otherwise, wouldn’t care.

I’ve only met one single man anyway, the other two were married/in a relationship

It would depend on the person in question and my feelings (or otherwise) towards them. It's natural to have more of a connection/fondness for some over others

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to see a guy on here whose got himself loved up. He was a perfect catch. I dont really know his girlfriend but what i know of her they are well suited. Couldnt be happier but then its different for me as the last thing i want or are able to is get in a relationship with someone else

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Good luck to anyone who I've met who is now in a relationship.

It's weird isn't it? Because when you are seeing someone and they are saying things to you and vice versa you become a bit blindsided by it all.

Then you realise whilst the sex might have been pretty good, the rest of it was a bit toxic and the person you were then and for a while after wasn't very nice.

So, like I said. Good luck to you

I'm happy, it is all anyone should ever be.

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

Absolutely I’m a possessive bitch....... if I’ve been there no one else can (even if it’s only ever been in my head).

This is a swinging site why would I think any differently???

Ps any new potential meat please don’t be scared off with my erratic beliefs

"I must admit I don’t think anyone I have met has coupled up, I have a few times in the past, I just politely told others that I was no longer meeting alone. "

And no comeback from the guys you told?

"Good luck to anyone who I've met who is now in a relationship.

It's weird isn't it? Because when you are seeing someone and they are saying things to you and vice versa you become a bit blindsided by it all.

Then you realise whilst the sex might have been pretty good, the rest of it was a bit toxic and the person you were then and for a while after wasn't very nice.

I'm happy, it is all anyone should ever be. "

Yeah totally.. maybe easier to see after a short break and a step back. Funny how some get really hung up on it though..

"Absolutely I’m a possessive bitch....... if I’ve been there no one else can (even if it’s only ever been in my head).

Ps any new potential meat please don’t be scared off with my erratic beliefs "

Was that supposed to be 'meat'?

You make me laugh!!! Damn right though if you're upfront about it!!

"I used to see a guy on here whose got himself loved up. He was a perfect catch. I dont really know his girlfriend but what i know of her they are well suited. Couldnt be happier but then its different for me as the last thing i want or are able to is get in a relationship with someone else"

Maybe that does help if you're not looking for a relationship.. it's nice that you're happy for others though!

"I wouldn’t care, if we were still in contact I’d be happy for them. Otherwise, wouldn’t care.

I’ve only met one single man anyway, the other two were married/in a relationship "

Maybe helps that you have your hubby already too so they're always secondary to your relationship..

stockport

"Absolutely I’m a possessive bitch....... if I’ve been there no one else can (even if it’s only ever been in my head).

You make me laugh!!! Damn right though if you're upfront about it!! "

Yeah fresh meat!!!!

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

If I’m honest there would be some people I’d be delighted for, others I wouldn’t mind one way or another and one or too I’d be a bit sad about

"It would depend on the person in question and my feelings (or otherwise) towards them. It's natural to have more of a connection/fondness for some over others"

Very much so.. and we've all met those we've connected with much more than others..

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm not bothered either way, I'm not here looking for a relationship so I'm not going to cry into my pillow thinking why didn't he pick me!! If we were having awesome sex and he decided to not see me anymore I'd be a bit jarred off. You should be able to have your cake and eat it imo.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Chemistry varies person to person and we all value different things, just because I didn't click in that way with someone, it doesn't mean that I compare myself to the person they did connect with.

I'm always happy when I see two people get together, even more so if they're a friend.

Yeah fresh meat!!!!

"

Good job I know you're a softie really...

"If I’m honest there would be some people I’d be delighted for, others I wouldn’t mind one way or another and one or too I’d be a bit sad about "

Think that's natural and very honest!!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"Good luck to anyone who I've met who is now in a relationship.

I'm happy, it is all anyone should ever be. "

"I'm not bothered either way, I'm not here looking for a relationship so I'm not going to cry into my pillow thinking why didn't he pick me!! If we were having awesome sex and he decided to not see me anymore I'd be a bit jarred off. You should be able to have your cake and eat it imo."

Ha ha love that!

If it was one off people I had met absolutely wouldnt mind at all no. If I had built up more of a connection on multiple meets, it might smart a little. But if it wasn't something I had said I wanted with them, then there is no room for regrets. We all have our little hopes and dreams for things that we may not articulate well until it is too late.

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Chemistry varies person to person and we all value different things, just because I didn't click in that way with someone, it doesn't mean that I compare myself to the person they did connect with.

I'm always happy when I see two people get together, even more so if they're a friend. "

Yes!

"Chemistry varies person to person and we all value different things, just because I didn't click in that way with someone, it doesn't mean that I compare myself to the person they did connect with.

I'm always happy when I see two people get together, even more so if they're a friend. "

Totally.. not always easy to do if you have grown fond of somebody though..

"If it was one off people I had met absolutely wouldnt mind at all no. If I had built up more of a connection on multiple meets, it might smart a little. But if it wasn't something I had said I wanted with them, then there is no room for regrets. We all have our little hopes and dreams for things that we may not articulate well until it is too late. "

That sounds quite sad completely agree that it's very much down to communication what we get out of places like this. It's hard to get under someone's skin just knowing them virtually to begin..

No it doesn't. Actually it would bother me a bit if our dynamic completely changed - I think that sometimes when people enter relationships they completely drop friendships only to pick them up again once broken up. I'm normally very happy for my friends (as long as the other person isn't a complete fucktard who fucks them about).

Actually. There's one person I might be a *bit* . But generally I get very excited when people I like couple up.

"No it doesn't. Actually it would bother me a bit if our dynamic completely changed - I think that sometimes when people enter relationships they completely drop friendships only to pick them up again once broken up. I'm normally very happy for my friends (as long as the other person isn't a complete fucktard who fucks them about).

Actually. There's one person I might be a *bit* . But generally I get very excited when people I like couple up."

Yeah it's crappy when people ditch their mates.. I've no danger of that when one lives so bloody close.. I see her way more than him anyway! It's weird when dynamics change on here when people couple up.. like it upsets the balance..

Depends. If the person they've got with is ace then I cheer them on from the sidelines and want to be chief bridesmaid.

If they've got with someone I don't like or consider "bad news" then it's different.

They'll make their mistakes and I'll be there when it goes tits up.

If it doesn't go tits up then fair play and I was wrong

P

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"I must admit I don’t think anyone I have met has coupled up, I have a few times in the past, I just politely told others that I was no longer meeting alone.

And no comeback from the guys you told? "

No not really, it’s not like I was in high demand

By *inkylonglegTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Devizes

If they double up ... i then get two for the price of one

"Depends. If the person they've got with is ace then I cheer them on from the sidelines and want to be chief bridesmaid.

If they've got with someone I don't like or consider "bad news" then it's different.

P"

Were people happy for you when you coupled up or did you have anyone grouchy it wasn't them?

"I must admit I don’t think anyone I have met has coupled up, I have a few times in the past, I just politely told others that I was no longer meeting alone.

And no comeback from the guys you told?

No not really, it’s not like I was in high demand "

Sure you were with the guys you met regularly! Maybe men don't say so as much...

Oh! Me being properly coupled up with my OH helped me meet someone who didn't meet single women. Odd that.

"Oh! Me being properly coupled up with my OH helped me meet someone who didn't meet single women. Odd that. "

"If it was one off people I had met absolutely wouldnt mind at all no. If I had built up more of a connection on multiple meets, it might smart a little. But if it wasn't something I had said I wanted with them, then there is no room for regrets. We all have our little hopes and dreams for things that we may not articulate well until it is too late.

That sounds quite sad completely agree that it's very much down to communication what we get out of places like this. It's hard to get under someone's skin just knowing them virtually to begin.."

People can miss out I suppose because they hadn't realised it was something that they might have actually wanted after all so it hurts more than they thought it might. If that makes sense.

(This isnt me by the way. I am in full communication mode, my motivations are all upfront )

"Oh! Me being properly coupled up with my OH helped me meet someone who didn't meet single women. Odd that. "

Ha ha bizarre!!

Manchester (he/him)

I'm always happy when I see two people get together, even more so if they're a friend.

Totally.. not always easy to do if you have grown fond of somebody though.. "

Even then! Unless a relationship was on the cards then I really can't see an issue.

"If it was one off people I had met absolutely wouldnt mind at all no. If I had built up more of a connection on multiple meets, it might smart a little. But if it wasn't something I had said I wanted with them, then there is no room for regrets. We all have our little hopes and dreams for things that we may not articulate well until it is too late.

That sounds quite sad completely agree that it's very much down to communication what we get out of places like this. It's hard to get under someone's skin just knowing them virtually to begin..

People can miss out I suppose because they hadn't realised it was something that they might have actually wanted after all so it hurts more than they thought it might. If that makes sense.

(This isnt me by the way. I am in full communication mode, my motivations are all upfront )"

Ha ha I think that's often the case.. crossed wires without malice..

I don't understand why it should be an issue unless you're in the market for a relationship. Not ever an issue for me. If I like them I'm happy for them.

Even then! Unless a relationship was on the cards then I really can't see an issue. "

I agree.. weird how new couples get a lot of sniping though..

It doesn't bother me at all. If I've met then it's someone I care about and I want them to be happy. I'm an emotionally unavailable tit so I know there's never a chance that things would go further and seeing people I care about happy makes me happy.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I leave a horses head in their bed.

"I don't understand why it should be an issue unless you're in the market for a relationship. Not ever an issue for me. If I like them I'm happy for them. "

It shouldn't.. yet snipes show otherwise..

"I leave a horses head in their bed. "

That was you?

"It doesn't bother me at all. If I've met then it's someone I care about and I want them to be happy. I'm an emotionally unavailable tit so I know there's never a chance that things would go further and seeing people I care about happy makes me happy. "

That's happy, but sad, but happy, all at the same time.

"It doesn't bother me at all. If I've met then it's someone I care about and I want them to be happy. I'm an emotionally unavailable tit so I know there's never a chance that things would go further and seeing people I care about happy makes me happy. "

never tempted?!?

"I don't understand why it should be an issue unless you're in the market for a relationship. Not ever an issue for me. If I like them I'm happy for them.

It shouldn't.. yet snipes show otherwise.. "

Snipes are avoidable if people keep their interactions with others private rather than broadcasting I find

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I leave a horses head in their bed.

That was you? "

Yes, sorry. Can you suggest somewhere I can dispose of the rest of the horse? It's starting to attract flies.

"It doesn't bother me at all. If I've met then it's someone I care about and I want them to be happy. I'm an emotionally unavailable tit so I know there's never a chance that things would go further and seeing people I care about happy makes me happy.

That's happy, but sad, but happy, all at the same time. "

Kind of the story of my life. I tend to walk a weird bittersweet line.

Yeah fresh meat!!!!

"

I'm all limbs, can't help.....

"It doesn't bother me at all. If I've met then it's someone I care about and I want them to be happy. I'm an emotionally unavailable tit so I know there's never a chance that things would go further and seeing people I care about happy makes me happy.

never tempted?!?"

No, I'm not ready to be in a relationship, so it's not something I really think about.

Yeah fresh meat!!!!

I'm all limbs, can't help..... "

No meat on them bones flower

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Been pondering on another thread..

Does it bother you when someone you've met then gets into a relationship with someone else?

Do you draw comparisons or do you accept that chemistry varies between different people?

How do you handle it?

Interested to hear if either sex deal with things better in your opinion? "

No it doesn't bother me.. except when If I get treated like some dirty secret if we were friends that is...

I've had several of the guys I've met across the years get relationships... to be fair a few asked me and I made it clear I won't go there.. and was so happy for them when they found someone.

Most it's now just speaking as the new partners aren't happy for them to still have sexual dalliances with me even as a couple. I'm fine with that and respect it.

It's just if I'm suddenly referred to in a negative way like a bad ex x

I have a friend who I have met for coffee several times, she has coupled up in the meantime and is about to embark on a couples profile. This will also mean she stops meeting one on one.

I'm absolutely overjoyed she has found someone on her wavelength and wish them both the very best. I hope to remain friends with her as she is awesome. The only niggle is wondering what might have been. However, her happiness absolutely comes first.

"I don't understand why it should be an issue unless you're in the market for a relationship. Not ever an issue for me. If I like them I'm happy for them.

Snipes are avoidable if people keep their interactions with others private rather than broadcasting I find "

I don't mind anybody I've met and shared intimacy with coupling up, as long as I'm not made to feel humiliated or as long as they are honest.

My swinging life journey has had it's ups and downs and I'd be a liar to say when I've had an amazing experience, and then can't have that again, I haven't felt pangs of envy. I suppose it's like trying to get off drugs when you fancy the arse off somebody and there was a connection, the craving part of the mind takes time to shrug off?

I once kissed a man for the entire duration of an album by Sade and remember it still as one of the sexiest experiences ever. He coupled up, but it still remains so deliciously etched in my memory.

"I have a friend who I have met for coffee several times, she has coupled up in the meantime and is about to embark on a couples profile. This will also mean she stops meeting one on one.

I'm absolutely overjoyed she has found someone on her wavelength and wish them both the very best. I hope to remain friends with her as she is awesome. The only niggle is wondering what might have been. However, her happiness absolutely comes first."

Couples profiles

Manchester (he/him)

Even then! Unless a relationship was on the cards then I really can't see an issue.

I agree.. weird how new couples get a lot of sniping though.."

Maybe, I can't say that I've experienced any snipes personally but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

I think it's a matter of who the people getting together are, who they met in the past and how public they are. Some people simply can't be happy for others.

Snipes are avoidable if people keep their interactions with others private rather than broadcasting I find "

True.. but if it's where you met and regularly interact why should you change..

It's happened a few times and I've always been happy. My mate comes back to me in between relationships- I wouldn't ever date him so that works well.

"Been pondering on another thread..

How do you handle it?

Interested to hear if either sex deal with things better in your opinion? No it doesn't bother me.. except when If I get treated like some dirty secret if we were friends that is...

I've had several of the guys I've met across the years get relationships... to be fair a few asked me and I made it clear I won't go there.. and was so happy for them when they found someone.

Most it's now just speaking as the new partners aren't happy for them to still have sexual dalliances with me even as a couple. I'm fine with that and respect it.

It's just if I'm suddenly referred to in a negative way like a bad ex x"

That's tough if it changes the dynamics of a friendship..

"I have a friend who I have met for coffee several times, she has coupled up in the meantime and is about to embark on a couples profile. This will also mean she stops meeting one on one.

I'm absolutely overjoyed she has found someone on her wavelength and wish them both the very best. I hope to remain friends with her as she is awesome. The only niggle is wondering what might have been. However, her happiness absolutely comes first."

Ahhh that's bittersweet such a lovely attitude to have as hard as that must be

Maybe, I can't say that I've experienced any snipes personally but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

I think it's a matter of who the people getting together are, who they met in the past and how public they are. Some people simply can't be happy for others. "

never any need imho. Seeing ppl happy makes my heart sing, whoever they are, sometimes even more so if they're usually miserable or cunty

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've had it happen a couple of times, and I am absolutely chuffed to bits for them.

Seeing my friends happy, makes me happy.

Knowing they've found someone special, to share their life with, have crazy adventures with.

Why on earth wouldn't I be happy for them xx

"I don't mind anybody I've met and shared intimacy with coupling up, as long as I'm not made to feel humiliated or as long as they are honest.

My swinging life journey has had it's ups and downs and I'd be a liar to say when I've had an amazing experience, and then can't have that again, I haven't felt pangs of envy. I suppose it's like trying to get off drugs when you fancy the arse off somebody and there was a connection, the craving part of the mind takes time to shrug off?

I once kissed a man for the entire duration of an album by Sade and remember it still as one of the sexiest experiences ever. He coupled up, but it still remains so deliciously etched in my memory."

Totally get that.. the more intimate the meet the harder it's going to be to put that in a box.. completely natural!

"It's happened a few times and I've always been happy. My mate comes back to me in between relationships- I wouldn't ever date him so that works well. "

Sounds like a good setup

I have no issues at all however I admit to getting a little jealous when my fwb meets. I try not to let it affect me and I can deal with it but I would be lying if I said I didn't get jealous. But someone I've met that gets in a relationship I am usually happy for them.

I think it's a matter of who the people getting together are, who they met in the past and how public they are. Some people simply can't be happy for others.

never any need imho. Seeing ppl happy makes my heart sing, whoever they are, sometimes even more so if they're usually miserable or cunty "

That would actually make my day!!

never any need imho. Seeing ppl happy makes my heart sing, whoever they are, sometimes even more so if they're usually miserable or cunty

That would actually make my day!! "

It's true though innit!

No I'd be happy for them. Fab is a place for making friends and I want my friends to be happy.

I might be a bit put out if they no longer talked to me but again, I'm not one to chase people so if I didn't hear from them then I would just move on.

I had a friend who was so jealous they couldn't even bear to hear I'd met some else in the fab sense nevermind when I did get into a relationship. I think there are people who get a bit possessive and I'm not sure that's healthy in a swinging environment.

I start grafting so I can couple up before the next dumping!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

"No I'd be happy for them. Fab is a place for making friends and I want my friends to be happy.

I might be a bit put out if they no longer talked to me but again, I'm not one to chase people so if I didn't hear from them then I would just move on.

I had a friend who was so jealous they couldn't even bear to hear I'd met some else in the fab sense nevermind when I did get into a relationship. I think there are people who get a bit possessive and I'm not sure that's healthy in a swinging environment. "

Oh lord! That's a bit weird.. suppose it depends if people are proper swingers or not too.. I'm rubbish.. always have been. It's always been more kink than swing so I guess I'm used to only being one on one with someone..

"I start grafting so I can couple up before the next dumping!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame"

It's very much like love island some days on here!!

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I’m happy for you OP!!

"I have no issues at all however I admit to getting a little jealous when my fwb meets. I try not to let it affect me and I can deal with it but I would be lying if I said I didn't get jealous. But someone I've met that gets in a relationship I am usually happy for them. "

Yeah that must be a tough one..my fwb didn't meet anyone else so haven't had that experience.. not sure I could!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

It's very much like love island some days on here!! "

True, it's just the real drama is going on behind scenes, in kik groups

"I've had it happen a couple of times, and I am absolutely chuffed to bits for them.

Knowing they've found someone special, to share their life with, have crazy adventures with.

"

Maybe some people just need something to be grumpy about... my ex moved in with the girl he met after me and I was made up for him. Maybe it's just timings and egos too.. the mindset affects a lot of reactions..

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

True, it's just the real drama is going on behind scenes, in kik groups "

So I hear.. sod that. Not arsed enough to discuss other people. Got plenty of people I enjoy to talk to instead.

"I’m happy for you OP!! "

Ah thanks

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

So I hear.. sod that. Not arsed enough to discuss other people. Got plenty of people I enjoy to talk to instead."

I heard a rumor you have hairy arm pits

And Genghis hasv6 toes on his left foot!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

Only if you get involved in it, innit.... ....mind boggles why ppl would bother with that kind of nonsense without an agenda

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

So I hear.. sod that. Not arsed enough to discuss other people. Got plenty of people I enjoy to talk to instead.

I heard a rumor you have hairy arm pits

And Genghis hasv6 toes on his left foot!"

I can neither confirm nor deny such a thing....

never any need imho. Seeing ppl happy makes my heart sing, whoever they are, sometimes even more so if they're usually miserable or cunty "

Why would it make you happy if they're miserable or cunty? Because being in love might cheer them up?

Why would it make you happy if they're miserable or cunty? Because being in love might cheer them up? "

Yeah, because they've seen the light and are happy and making others happy too

Why would it make you happy if they're miserable or cunty? Because being in love might cheer them up?

Yeah, because they've seen the light and are happy and making others happy too "

Aww

Aww"

Haha, it's just how I'm wired, I know other ppl aren't the same

Aww"

Ha ha ha

Manchester (he/him)

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

Yes, I've heard that's where the stories unfold.

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

Yes, I've heard that's where the stories unfold. "

Chinese whispers though isn't it?!? God knows what craziness has been said that's not remotely true.. cba..

Manchester (he/him)

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

Chinese whispers though isn't it?!? God knows what craziness has been said that's not remotely true.. cba.."

Oh I know that I've been the subject of discussion, as has TeaLady.

If people are so intent on discussing others then that's up to them. If someone else's happiness makes someone angry or jealous, then they need a quiet sit down somewhere far away from other humans and to reassess their lives.

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

Chinese whispers though isn't it?!? God knows what craziness has been said that's not remotely true.. cba..

If people are so intent on discussing others then that's up to them. If someone else's happiness makes someone angry or jealous, then they need a quiet sit down somewhere far away from other humans and to reassess their lives. "

You summed up how I feel about this perfectly!!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

If people are so intent on discussing others then that's up to them. If someone else's happiness makes someone angry or jealous, then they need a quiet sit down somewhere far away from other humans and to reassess their lives.

You summed up how I feel about this perfectly!! "

If I said I felt the same, would that be too coupley?

Manchester (he/him)

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

If I said I felt the same, would that be too coupley? "

No...

That would be a threesome since I said it first

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Interesting topic. Whilst I have close friendships with some of the people I meet and have feelings for one or two of them, I don’t know that I would want them to be more than that. I’m not looking for a relationship but there are times when it would be nice to have someone there for cuddles and some support after a bad day.

I’m happy for friends who find love. We all deserve to be happy in our own way.

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

That would be a threesome since I said it first "

Hahaha, she won't share me, it's her rules....

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Hahaha, she won't share me, it's her rules.... "

Well maybe I'd make exceptions for teamonkey..

Manchester (he/him)

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Well maybe I'd make exceptions for teamonkey.. "

Don't forget TeaLady, I'm not going anywhere without her!

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Don't forget TeaLady, I'm not going anywhere without her! "

Ha ha don't worry you're safe. Couldn't pimp X out to anyone! Way too greedy.

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Ha ha don't worry you're safe. Couldn't pimp X out to anyone! Way too greedy."

Scuse me.....

By *lowingMan  over a year ago

Warrington

This has happened to me twice, both with ling term friends from Fab. For me, that was the point. As well as FB’s we had become friends. Whilst I was sad to lose them as friends (and as FBs), I knew where they were at in life abd was really pleased for them. All on good terms, said I would be there as a friend if needed in future... but not an FB!

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Couldn’t give a monkeys. I wish them all the best

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Scuse me..... "

I'm joking my

Manchester (he/him)

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

Ha ha don't worry you're safe. Couldn't pimp X out to anyone! Way too greedy."

That's good to know, I'm the same

Guess it's kinda the same as the vanilla world like finding out the guy you were dating is now dating one of your friends.

Hurts!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I read that as erotic briefs

Gravesend

[Removed by poster at 22/05/19 18:59:21]

Gravesend

[Removed by poster at 22/05/19 18:58:58]

"Guess it's kinda the same as the vanilla world like finding out the guy you were dating is now dating one of your friends.

Hurts! "

What about if its just one casual fab date though? And then they find something more meaningful and permanent with someone new? Should that hurt? Surely more of an ego issue than genuine heartfelt pain...? I'd be happy for them regardless

#gottastayinthevilla

#playthegame

No...

That's good to know, I'm the same "

I know.. not even pretending to swing. Loitering to discuss the meaning of life..

I read that as erotic briefs"

She's got them too..

"This has happened to me twice, both with ling term friends from Fab. For me, that was the point. As well as FB’s we had become friends. Whilst I was sad to lose them as friends (and as FBs), I knew where they were at in life abd was really pleased for them. All on good terms, said I would be there as a friend if needed in future... but not an FB!"

It's good you both communicated what you wanted so you could still be friends.. i think many don't, which leads to heartache.

"Guess it's kinda the same as the vanilla world like finding out the guy you were dating is now dating one of your friends.

Hurts! "

If you are 'dating' it's different.. on here lines are blurred by 'meets' that sometimes do and sometimes don't become anything more.. it's why communication is so important..

Not a problem - I’m not in the market for a relationship with anyone here. If someone I’ve met here gets into one themselves then good luck to them I say.

Cheltenham

"I've had it happen a couple of times, and I am absolutely chuffed to bits for them.

"

Cheltenham

"Interesting topic. Whilst I have close friendships with some of the people I meet and have feelings for one or two of them, I don’t know that I would want them to be more than that. I’m not looking for a relationship but there are times when it would be nice to have someone there for cuddles and some support after a bad day.

I’m happy for friends who find love. We all deserve to be happy in our own way.

"

Be happy for your friends. And, yes, there are times when we could all do with a cuddle after a hard day.

Manchester (he/him)

"

I know.. not even pretending to swing. Loitering to discuss the meaning of life.. "

Is that what we're doing?

"

I know.. not even pretending to swing. Loitering to discuss the meaning of life..

"

Hope so buddy

"

"

People watching.. trying to make sense of the way people think.. it's fascinating!!

By *carlettVanillaWoman  over a year ago

Gloucesterish

I'm trying to catch flights not feelings but fuck me it's hard!! And I should know better!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Almost all of my previously regular friends have met and coupled up with someone else. I miss them and it does leave a gap. For some I wonder what it is about me that I am never the person that anyone wants to be with in that way. Then I remind myself that it's special to find someone you feel that emotionally attracted to and I am happy for them.

Mine haven't really been played out on the forum. The forum people I have met usually come with their partner's approval so wouldn't be anyone I would attempt or expect to couple with.

Some of the forum relationships have been spectacular to watch - the good, the bad and the downright ugly - especially where they haven't worked out the rules of engagement.

"Almost all of my previously regular friends have met and coupled up with someone else. I miss them and it does leave a gap. For some I wonder what it is about me that I am never the person that anyone wants to be with in that way. Then I remind myself that it's special to find someone you feel that emotionally attracted to and I am happy for them.

Mine haven't really been played out on the forum. The forum people I have met usually come with their partner's approval so wouldn't be anyone I would attempt or expect to couple with.

Some of the forum relationships have been spectacular to watch - the good, the bad and the downright ugly - especially where they haven't worked out the rules of engagement.

"

Wisper me the rules....

"Depends. If the person they've got with is ace then I cheer them on from the sidelines and want to be chief bridesmaid.

P

Were people happy for you when you coupled up or did you have anyone grouchy it wasn't them?"

Don't think anyone was grouchy, more shocked if anything that someone was daft enough to take me on

There were a few that were grouchy the other way round though.

P

P

Were people happy for you when you coupled up or did you have anyone grouchy it wasn't them?

Don't think anyone was grouchy, more shocked if anything that someone was daft enough to take me on

P"

I think you're ungrouchable.....

P

P"

Sounds familiar.. nobody gives a shit im off the market..

P

P

Sounds familiar.. nobody gives a shit im off the market.. "

They pretend not to in here and then talk about you in fight club instead....

I personally wouldn't care, I'm.not here for a relationship. It is what it is.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Has happened to me and I honestly couldn't be happier for them - it's something you accept may happen in this world and let's face it it's should be no surprise that people do couple up when they have been intimate with each other and found that they're compatible in that way.

In fact, to take this off at a slight tangent it was something I was musing on earlier - does the fact you met someone through a site like this, where you're open and honest about sexual preferences and know what makes each other tick sexually make for a potentially stronger relationship?

In vanilla dating you're usually in the relationship before you start to open up about sexual interests, and as is often seen here from people either looking to play away, or coming from a failed relationship, one of the failings appears to be sexual compatibility.

Here you generally find that bit out up front, to an extent, before entering into a relationship, so unless something changes down the line, logic suggests it shouldn't be such an issue.

Know that is a simplistic view, and there are many other reasons relationships fail, but purely from a sexual compatibility standpoint it makes sense.

Manchester (he/him)

P

P

Sounds familiar.. nobody gives a shit im off the market.. "

I know that lots of people were grumpy that TeaLady was taken, someone even started a thread about it.

Ultimately though, it's really none of their business and its rather ludicrous that anyone feels that they have the right to make comment about other people's new relationships, simply because we share a small corner of cyberspace.

"Has happened to me and I honestly couldn't be happier for them - it's something you accept may happen in this world and let's face it it's should be no surprise that people do couple up when they have been intimate with each other and found that they're compatible in that way.

In fact, to take this off at a slight tangent it was something I was musing on earlier - does the fact you met someone through a site like this, where you're open and honest about sexual preferences and know what makes each other tick sexually make for a potentially stronger relationship?

In vanilla dating you're usually in the relationship before you start to open up about sexual interests, and as is often seen here from people either looking to play away, or coming from a failed relationship, one of the failings appears to be sexual compatibility.

Here you generally find that bit out up front, to an extent, before entering into a relationship, so unless something changes down the line, logic suggests it shouldn't be such an issue.

Know that is a simplistic view, and there are many other reasons relationships fail, but purely from a sexual compatibility standpoint it makes sense."

P

P

I know that lots of people were grumpy that TeaLady was taken, someone even started a thread about it.

Ultimately though, it's really none of their business and its rather ludicrous that anyone feels that they have the right to make comment about other people's new relationships, simply because we share a small corner of cyberspace. "

Some people are just knobs.. as long as you're happy that's all that matters.. people have no idea about the dynamics of others relationships.. nor are they entitled to. Just because you met here doesn't mean you owe anyone an insight into your personal life.

P

P

Ultimately though, it's really none of their business and its rather ludicrous that anyone feels that they have the right to make comment about other people's new relationships, simply because we share a small corner of cyberspace.

Some people are just knobs.. as long as you're happy that's all that matters.. people have no idea about the dynamics of others relationships.. nor are they entitled to. Just because you met here doesn't mean you owe anyone an insight into your personal life. "

You'll probs wanna end your messages with S, otherwise you'll get a shit storm if ppl think that you're me....

"Not a problem - I’m not in the market for a relationship with anyone here. If someone I’ve met here gets into one themselves then good luck to them I say. "

This for me too

"Has happened to me and I honestly couldn't be happier for them - it's something you accept may happen in this world and let's face it it's should be no surprise that people do couple up when they have been intimate with each other and found that they're compatible in that way.

Know that is a simplistic view, and there are many other reasons relationships fail, but purely from a sexual compatibility standpoint it makes sense."

I think it's swings and roundabouts. Being open about your sexual proclivities and giving of yourself in that way doesn't mean that you aren't masking other areas of your life.

All relationships take work for them to work. When it's right the work doesn't feel like a chore - it feels like exploration and you have the energy for it.

P

P

Some people are just knobs.. as long as you're happy that's all that matters.. people have no idea about the dynamics of others relationships.. nor are they entitled to. Just because you met here doesn't mean you owe anyone an insight into your personal life. "

Ah, the couples profile stage. Please do sign off or it gets confusing.

Know that is a simplistic view, and there are many other reasons relationships fail, but purely from a sexual compatibility standpoint it makes sense.

I think it's swings and roundabouts. Being open about your sexual proclivities and giving of yourself in that way doesn't mean that you aren't masking other areas of your life.

All relationships take work for them to work. When it's right the work doesn't feel like a chore - it feels like exploration and you have the energy for it.

"

I did think that a few years ago, however my view has changed more recently. If you're with the right person there really is no work, you just synergise and nothing is to much effort because the rewards are more than the initial input, self propulsion innit...

Manchester (he/him)

P

P

Aw! Couples profile!

P

P

Ultimately though, it's really none of their business and its rather ludicrous that anyone feels that they have the right to make comment about other people's new relationships, simply because we share a small corner of cyberspace. "

Unless she has a different username at some point I’m totally oblivious to who TL is, because I don’t spend all day on here wondering who’s with who and being miffed like some.

Really isn’t anyone else’s business unless of course you start threads which invite comments....then you can’t complain..

P

P

Some people are just knobs.. as long as you're happy that's all that matters.. people have no idea about the dynamics of others relationships.. nor are they entitled to. Just because you met here doesn't mean you owe anyone an insight into your personal life.

"

Lol never! You'll have to gag and bind me first.....

"

Oh absolutely Lickety, which is why I said it was a simplistic view - was more from the perspective of sexual compatibility, which is often cited as a reason for relationship dissatisfaction, that I was coming from - there are of course many other factors and compatibilities too, and of course effort is required.

P

P

Lol never! You'll have to gag and bind me first..... "

You’re not going to start having a 3 way forum conversation between ‘yourselves” are you...

"

I did think that a few years ago, however my view has changed more recently. If you're with the right person there really is no work, you just synergise and nothing is to much effort because the rewards are more than the initial input, self propulsion innit... "

You just haven't found the area that needs work yet. If it's work right at the beginning (and it has only been weeks so far) then it's harder to stay the course. One day you bouncing around before she's had her coffee might feel like too much. Enjoy the honeymoon and get to know each other properly.

P

P

Lol never! You'll have to gag and bind me first..... "

I might sign off with your name or initials. You're both posting from your single profiles and the couple profile. You can fill a thread just with your conversation.

Still kicking....

"I know that lots of people were grumpy that TeaLady was taken, someone even started a thread about it.

"

Lots of people? No, I think a couple were a bit meh about it. Doesn't have the same ring though.

Op, have you experienced recent negativity/upset about your coupling hence the thread?

"

I did think that a few years ago, however my view has changed more recently. If you're with the right person there really is no work, you just synergise and nothing is to much effort because the rewards are more than the initial input, self propulsion innit...

You just haven't found the area that needs work yet. If it's work right at the beginning (and it has only been weeks so far) then it's harder to stay the course. One day you bouncing around before she's had her coffee might feel like too much. Enjoy the honeymoon and get to know each other properly.

"

But that's just respect, not work, I already know I'd piss her off in the morning when she's not fully awake, so I leave her be for an hour or so....

I meant more in terms of a burning desire to please one another and an aching when you're apart. With the right person it doesn't necessarily fade or become the chore that a lot of couples call a relationship....

P

P

Lol never! You'll have to gag and bind me first.....

I might sign off with your name or initials. You're both posting from your single profiles and the couple profile. You can fill a thread just with your conversation.

"

My mistake, I thought you were saying to log off my lovely lololololol

"I know that lots of people were grumpy that TeaLady was taken, someone even started a thread about it.

Lots of people? No, I think a couple were a bit meh about it. Doesn't have the same ring though.

Op, have you experienced recent negativity/upset about your coupling hence the thread? "

Yeah a fair bit.. heard similar from friends.. seems to be a running theme in here which is why I've previously avoided forumites.. kinda unavoidable when previous meets are in the public domain.. but still weird when no two meets are the same..

Op, have you experienced recent negativity/upset about your coupling hence the thread? "

No, ppl love us, even in their anger. We're cool about it and everyone will eventually get used to things, or if not then get bored

Manchester (he/him)

"Depends

Unless she has a different username at some point I’m totally oblivious to who TL is, because I don’t spend all day on here wondering who’s with who and being miffed like some.

Really isn’t anyone else’s business unless of course you start threads which invite comments....then you can’t complain.. "

Yes, there is that. The more public you make something, the more 'the public' take ownership of it. Its one thing to be a couple, it's a whole other to invite comment and to have others invested in your business. Sadly, we've all seen how that ends

By *he Genie xMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

love it it's nice to be wanted....

"Depends

Really isn’t anyone else’s business unless of course you start threads which invite comments....then you can’t complain..

Yes, there is that. The more public you make something, the more 'the public' take ownership of it. Its one thing to be a couple, it's a whole other to invite comment and to have others invested in your business. Sadly, we've all seen how that ends"

Or we could just do what we like and what suits us and then log off if we don't like it here. Neither of us is here for what ppl think of us, rather what we think of others and the experience it brings

Real world will always take priority over this place.....

Manchester (he/him)

"Depends

Yes, there is that. The more public you make something, the more 'the public' take ownership of it. Its one thing to be a couple, it's a whole other to invite comment and to have others invested in your business. Sadly, we've all seen how that ends

Or we could just do what we like and what suits us and then log off if we don't like it here. Neither of us is here for what ppl think of us, rather what we think of others and the experience it brings

Real world will always take priority over this place..... "

I wasn't talking about yourselves but in general terms.

I agree that doing what you want is a good way to be, however, I think it's also true that certain behaviours will invite other behaviours in turn. Many people seem to forget the old adage; "you reap what you sow"

"Depends

I agree that doing what you want is a good way to be, however, I think it's also true that certain behaviours will invite other behaviours in turn. Many people seem to forget the old adage; "you reap what you sow""

It depends I guess on whether said couple give many shits what behaviour they "invite" from irrelevant others and how it balances with the joys and freedom of being yourself and ripping up the "rules" imposed by said irrelevants.....

We're happy, I think most couples here seem similarly happy and I see a lot of not so happy folks telling the happy folks how to behave, perhaps in an attempt to level the happiness, who knows?

I hope the happiness spreads and grows and infects those who need it most

Just read this through this thread and man, I am so oblivious to drama on here

"Just read this through this thread and man, I am so oblivious to drama on here "

I seriously doubt that

Fight! Fight! Fight! Kiss

"Just read this through this thread and man, I am so oblivious to drama on here

I seriously doubt that "

Why do you doubt that?

I don’t pay much attention. I just skim over threads and replies unless they interest me. Reading this thread has opened my eyes a lot

Manchester (he/him)

"Depends

I agree that doing what you want is a good way to be, however, I think it's also true that certain behaviours will invite other behaviours in turn. Many people seem to forget the old adage; "you reap what you sow"

It depends I guess on whether said couple give many shits what behaviour they "invite" from irrelevant others and how it balances with the joys and freedom of being yourself and ripping up the "rules" imposed by said irrelevants.....

We're happy, I think most couples here seem similarly happy and I see a lot of not so happy folks telling the happy folks how to behave, perhaps in an attempt to level the happiness, who knows?

I hope the happiness spreads and grows and infects those who need it most "

I think you're misunderstanding or misrepresenting what I'm saying but I guess I fall under the irrelevant banner.

I'm glad that you're both happy.

"Depends

I think you're misunderstanding or misrepresenting what I'm saying but I guess I fall under the irrelevant banner.

I'm glad that you're both happy. "

Nononono, you're very relevant and we both really like you! I just meant we're here for US and not them, and that will always be our motivation

No one cares except those involved. Stay classy San Diego.

"No one cares except those involved. Stay classy San Diego.

"

Tru dat

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"No one cares except those involved. Stay classy San Diego.

"

Bookmarking for May 2020

"Just read this through this thread and man, I am so oblivious to drama on here

I seriously doubt that

Why do you doubt that?

I don’t pay much attention. I just skim over threads and replies unless they interest me. Reading this thread has opened my eyes a lot "

It's crappy how some people believe it's acceptable to behave.. sometimes it's good to say that's not ok.. fab is leisure time not life.. id like to stay and have fun but if that's not possible I'll always choose life

It's like Facebook. The ones desperate to prove at every opportunity how fantastic their life is, but the reality isn't good.

And the ones just quietly getting on with their lives and blissfully happy.

I think the problem is when two forumites get together and openly and regularly display their "undying love" for one another in a public forum is it can get a bit saccharine sweet at times and people do start to ignore it or in ruder instances roll their eyes or pass remark - not out of any sense of jealousy or even wishing that "couple" bad things - more out of a sense of cynicism because it's been done a number of times before and is often quite fleeting so today's "undying love" becomes tomorrow's "want to scratch each other's eyes out".

Not saying that will be the case with any of the current crop, and personally if they're happy, then I am happy for them but sometimes there needs to be awareness that it can be more than a little gushy and sickly when it's a constant - it's probably heightened by the fact that just lately there have been a number of "coupling ups" all of whom are celebrating it quite loudly across various threads. Again nothing wrong with that per se - but as _ea monkey said if you're going to go public then you have to accept public criticism as well as acclaim.

There are a number of "Fab couples" I can think of who aren't quite as vocal and just go about their Fab business without the need to shout their love from the rooftops in quite the same way.

Calling others views an irrelevance probably doesn't help either - like I said if you're going to go public then people's views of that public behaviour are to an extent relevant in that they are entitled to express an opinion of something being played out in front of them.

"It's like Facebook. The ones desperate to prove at every opportunity how fantastic their life is, but the reality isn't good.

And the ones just quietly getting on with their lives and blissfully happy. "

Life's tough enough.. without others chucking their misery everywhere.. nothing's perfect.. but it's nice to be nice..maybe I'm too simple..

"I think the problem is when two forumites get together and openly and regularly display their "undying love" for one another in a public forum is it can get a bit saccharine sweet at times and people do start to ignore it or in ruder instances roll their eyes or pass remark - not out of any sense of jealousy or even wishing that "couple" bad things - more out of a sense of cynicism because it's been done a number of times before and is often quite fleeting so today's "undying love" becomes tomorrow's "want to scratch each other's eyes out".

Not saying that will be the case with any of the current crop, and personally if they're happy, then I am happy for them but sometimes there needs to be awareness that it can be more than a little gushy and sickly when it's a constant - it's probably heightened by the fact that just lately there have been a number of "coupling ups" all of whom are celebrating it quite loudly across various threads. Again nothing wrong with that per se - but as _ea monkey said if you're going to go public then you have to accept public criticism as well as acclaim.

There are a number of "Fab couples" I can think of who aren't quite as vocal and just go about their Fab business without the need to shout their love from the rooftops in quite the same way.

Calling others views an irrelevance probably doesn't help either - like I said if you're going to go public then people's views of that public behaviour are to an extent relevant in that they are entitled to express an opinion of something being played out in front of them."

Yeah totally get that.. and we are both right sarcastic buggers so expect nothing less.. think the difference is that it's not generalised piss taking it's much more spiteful and underhand comments being used. Forums should be more face value and open.. end of the day it's supposed to be fun and we laugh a lot on here..but some take them far too seriously and dull the mood for everyone.

"I think the problem is when two forumites get together and openly and regularly display their "undying love" for one another in a public forum is it can get a bit saccharine sweet at times and people do start to ignore it or in ruder instances roll their eyes or pass remark - not out of any sense of jealousy or even wishing that "couple" bad things - more out of a sense of cynicism because it's been done a number of times before and is often quite fleeting so today's "undying love" becomes tomorrow's "want to scratch each other's eyes out".

Calling others views an irrelevance probably doesn't help either - like I said if you're going to go public then people's views of that public behaviour are to an extent relevant in that they are entitled to express an opinion of something being played out in front of them."

stockport

On a serious note. I’m quite envious of the couples on here. I’d love a partner in crime to shag senseless and push boundaries. Show me off in clubs. I think it’s really hard to find that special someone on a site like this.

So if you have that’s amazing!!

"Depends

I hope the happiness spreads and grows and infects those who need it most "

Just because people aren’t all embracing doesn’t mean they’re unhappy, possibly as GM has mentioned they’ve seen it all play out in the forums before.

Doesn’t really matter what you make public on here, the majority of threads attract positive & negative comments from friends & those irrelevant foes.

It is what it is innit! I seriously doubt there's much conscious choice involved in a genuine relationship, shit just happens for the good of it.... Again you're talking about someone else's rules, not our rules, and the "irrelevants" are thankfully few and far between and nobody in this thread need be offended since all contributions have been relevant and valued. Personally I don't make any effort "go public" with our situation, maybe public went us, fuck knows, I like a quiet life but I'm fucked if I'll ever hide or not be me to please people who don't know us but think they do, that would be utter madness! We can both take care of ourselves in a forum and in real life. Thanks for your input though

"Depends

Just because people aren’t all embracing doesn’t mean they’re unhappy, possibly as GM has mentioned they’ve seen it all play out in the forums before.

Doesn’t really matter what you make public on here, the majority of threads attract positive & negative comments from friends & those irrelevant foes.

"

That's a good point. Ppl we're taking bets on us weeks ago, it's a funny old world in here.....

"On a serious note. I’m quite envious of the couples on here. I’d love a partner in crime to shag senseless and push boundaries. Show me off in clubs. I think it’s really hard to find that special someone on a site like this.

So if you have that’s amazing!! "

Well find you someone soon my lovely

Or maybe you'll find one next week with your twentysix bikinis.....

- END -

(innit)