FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > HSBC

HSBC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

has posted profits of £13.8 billion. One unnamed employee has received bonuses of £8 million.

HSBC makes most of it's money (estimated at around 90%) outside of the UK, thanks mainly to its exposure to the Asian markets.

It has taken no money from the UK taxpayer and remains profitable even though it is exposed to the eurozone debt crisis.

Is it right therefore that we group this bank in with the banks here in the UK that have been handed vast amounts of our money and continue to lose money hand over fist whilst still handing out bonuses (even if the amounts have been reduced)?

I for one would be happy to have my money invested with this bank just now, and given the size of some of the bonuses...I am away to check out the career oppurtunities there!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I Mr liddy already bank with this bank for no other reason than its stable or as stable as can be expected in this climate, and has for bonuses I Don't see a problem with it if the bank is making money and the people are doing there job right, be 100 quid or 10 million,

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I bank with a subsidiary of HSBC. It was one of the first banks that did telephone banking, and they moved onto internet banking quickly too. Been with them 18 years and, apart from a hiccup about charges (which were returned), I've found their service second to none.

Lloyds, however, are another matter.

"has posted profits of £13.8 billion. One unnamed employee has received bonuses of £8 million.

HSBC makes most of it's money (estimated at around 90%) outside of the UK, thanks mainly to its exposure to the Asian markets.

It has taken no money from the UK taxpayer and remains profitable even though it is exposed to the eurozone debt crisis.

Is it right therefore that we group this bank in with the banks here in the UK that have been handed vast amounts of our money and continue to lose money hand over fist whilst still handing out bonuses (even if the amounts have been reduced)?

I for one would be happy to have my money invested with this bank just now, and given the size of some of the bonuses...I am away to check out the career oppurtunities there!! "

It shows how a well run bank works. There is nothing wrong with bonuses too but £8 million is excessive for anyone.

"It shows how a well run bank works. There is nothing wrong with bonuses too but £8 million is excessive for anyone."

Boss of HSBA, Stuart Gulliver, was paid £8m as HSBC's top earner in 2011. Mr Gulliver's package, slightly down on the £8.5 million he made in 2010, included basic pay of £1.25 million, a share bonus of £2.156 million and further shares awarded under a long-term incentive scheme worth £3,75 million.

He also received a £527,000 pension top-up and other benefits, including use of an apartment in Hong Kong, valued at £266,000.

I guess he wouldn't have got if they didn't think he'd earned it and £8m is just .5% ish of £13bn.

» Add a new message to this topic