FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fabulous and Curvy

Fabulous and Curvy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is a sort of follow on to the 'Kinky? What is it to you?' thread. It occured to me that this is a fairly ambiguous term and that there are a few others on this site...

Does anyone else think the descriptions of 'Fabulous' and 'Curvy' when referring to peoples body types are also a bit vague? This is by no means intended to offend, so bear with me and i'll try to explain what I mean...

The term 'Fabulous' is the most subjective of all when describing your body type. We all have different bodies, and everyone finds different things attractive to them. Some people would say larger people have fabulous bodies and others would say the same of slimmer people. It is totally down to opinion and therefore doesn't tell you anything about the person who's profile it is listed on. It may suggest that a person is comfortable in their own skin (which i'm not doubting is a good thing). Having said that, if the pussy posse were to see it on a males profile they might just suggest he was being a touch arrogant....

On to the term 'Curvy'. I have less of a problem with this description because at least it suggests something as to the persons body type. To me still however I think this again can be used (and I have seen it used) for both larger and slimmer people, so I still think it doesn't really help if you look at a profile and it says they are curvy. I guess some may say that they just like women with curves whether they are large, average or slim.

At the end of the day, most of us like to see pictures before we meet someone so I suppose it isn't that much of a problem. It seems to me though that most people have a particular body type that they are attracted to, and they tend to stick to those types, and these descriptions blurr the boundries a bit.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing? Maybe to you its not about size but about something else. If so I would like to know your thoughts!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I brought this up before,when we joined I put average and then changed it to curvy as average sounds really boring lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive put large on mine, have to say it is hard to judge what others think

Honestly never even heard the phrase.. Heard curvaceous, BBW even but never heard that one...

How is a bigger women/man supposed to describe themselves though.. I personally take no notice of tags.. Just go by how they look and more importantly act...

Mike and Ju x

By *couple412Man  over a year ago

faversham

Personally, i think the only way around it is to put a option on the profile for dress or waste size. This would give a ounder picture, so to speak!

Forum Mod

I can act curvy if I want lol oooops sorry I meant pervy

"Personally, i think the only way around it is to put a option on the profile for dress or waste size. This would give a ounder picture, so to speak!"

I can't see that lol.. One woman or man can carry things very differently to another..

Diamond: I think that could become another whole topic, whether what is listed is actually the truth. You have put 'Large' so if you didn't have any pictures then someone reading would have a fairly decent idea, if you had put 'curvy' or 'fabulous' which i'm sure could also be used as a description of you then they may find it more difficult...

Acouple: this would only lead to more of what i have suggested, people not telling the truth because they think they need to be a different size to get a meet on here. There are already enough men with tiny willies telling everyone they have 9 inchers! lol

Forum Mod

But most people have pictures of some sort anyway,and no-one would/should meet anyone without seeing a pic or cam first

Or would that be expecting too much lol

I agree, and did point that out at the start...

Forum Mod

"I agree, and did point that out at the start... "

Ooops obviously didnt compute that bit

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

i hate the term "fabulous" its so elitist as you naturally equate it the media stereotype of what we should all look like ...which is anorexic or like you have been on heroin for a year ...

to be honest if anyone puts fabulous body on there profile i personally would steer clear...athletic is a far better description but then female shot putters are athletes !!!

just my thoughts for what they are worth...

MR X

well...my body type is "mahoosive", but i am also very confident within my layers.

To me..id "curvy" is a woman with a lovly figure maybe size 12 to 18 with lovely curves...

Any more than that like myself, and i would say we are BBW..big beautiful women..or maybe big beached wale..as i have been called before for declining a gentlemans advances..

Curvy is a tough one, as it seem to cover a very large range of body shapes and sizes, judging by its use on here, and in the world in general.

I do agree that maybe there should be an option for users to state their body shape by way of measurement options (or vital statistics as it were)

If you start going down the statistics line then do you go imperial or metric?

In the eye of the beholder Im afraid as size 14 to some is large where as size 18 to others is average.

Cant please all of the people all of the time as they say ..............

That was my point gbies, it covers all.... I dont agree with the measurements idea, but there could be a body size section for slim, average, ample and large, and then another section to say wether you are curvy or think your body is fabulous or whatever...

i certainly wouldnt be putting my vital statistics on here, im me and if a guy doesnt like me then thats there problem.. lol

By *exyBBWpinnyWoman  over a year ago

peterborough/spalding

If i chose to put my dress size on my profile description then that is my choice I don't think it would be right to be made to put this as not everyone is comfortable with it.

I think most people put a fuller description in their profiles anyway.

I had to have a serious think about which one of 'curvy' or 'large' i was going to put as i think most men see curvy as a sexy shape i.e. nice bum, hips and breasts, and large is just a crap way of imagining a womans shape as she sounds butch lol

I think there maybe should be a BBW option as most men know what BBW means or what it refers too.

Im big and proud and not ashamed of what I am.... I just want a body option that makes me sound sexy and makes men know 100% that im a lot of woman lol

This post has made me realize i have never looked to see what someone has listed as build. I reply to people with photos, i can make my own mind up whether i like someone not based on body shape. However, acouple, i dont think dress size or waist size would help as different people carry weight differently. Im happy to go with old fashioned compatibility

By *exyBBWpinnyWoman  over a year ago

peterborough/spalding

Oh and I went for Ample in the end lol

Ok...hope this helps clear things up for us girlies hahahaha

Athletic....Female body builder who can give you a firemens lift but does shave off the excess facial hair caused by the steroids b4 a meet.

Slim.....Ironing board with ribs sticking out, snaps in half in a strong breeze and runs screaming at the mear mention of a calorie.

Average....This is Miss Grey, t twin set and a golden lad...thinks a shaved pussy its just a bit too kinky.

Curvy....Size 16 but will sqeeze into a size 14 resulting in the good old muffin top over spill....Enter stage left fussierpussy lol

Ample.....Same as curvy yet without a clear hip/waste definition

Large....Big bird but without the yellow feathers. Usually has the biggest feet you have seen on a woman....hard to buy shoes for.

Fabulous....Deluded and would probably kiss thier own arse if they could reach

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

@ fussy ....pmsl ....

"Ok...hope this helps clear things up for us girlies hahahaha

Athletic....Female body builder who can give you a firemens lift but does shave off the excess facial hair caused by the steroids b4 a meet.

Slim.....Ironing board with ribs sticking out, snaps in half in a strong breeze and runs screaming at the mear mention of a calorie.

Average....This is Miss Grey, t twin set and a golden lad...thinks a shaved pussy its just a bit too kinky.

Curvy....Size 16 but will sqeeze into a size 14 resulting in the good old muffin top over spill....Enter stage left fussierpussy lol

Large....Big bird but without the yellow feathers. Usually has the biggest feet you have seen on a woman....hard to buy shoes for.

Fabulous....Deluded and would probably kiss thier own arse if they could reach "

pmsl...thats just made me giggle lol

now that is funny lol

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"now that is funny lol"

Can I be fabulous, fat and forty?

"now that is funny lol

Can I be fabulous, fat and forty?"

Why not, im short, fat, middle aged, half blind, knock kneed, diabetic whose mentally unstable with a speech inpediment

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"now that is funny lol

Why not, im short, fat, middle aged, half blind, knock kneed, diabetic whose mentally unstable with a speech inpediment"

Perfect............ when you shagging me?

"now that is funny lol

Why not, im short, fat, middle aged, half blind, knock kneed, diabetic whose mentally unstable with a speech inpediment

Perfect............ when you shagging me?"

I knew you would say that lol, who said there isnt someone for everyone lol

Forum Mod

Im a size 12 but don't wanna be classed as average *stamps feet*

I like curvy *still stamping feet* :D

"Im a size 12 but don't wanna be classed as average *stamps feet*

I like curvy *still stamping feet* :D

"

Squeeze into a size 8 and you can be curvy, remember curvy has to have muffin tops lol

Forum Mod

Fussier,I dont think trying to make muffin tops look sexy by classing them as curvy is the way to go!! lol

Cos muffin tops aint sexy,and neither are arse cracks on show lol

Forum Mod

PMSL that comment from a woman with her arse crack on show??!!!

"PMSL that comment from a woman with her arse crack on show??!!!

"

Yes, I agree, could everyone stop showing us there arse cracks!

Forum Mod

Yeh put it away! *rolls eyes* its outrageous im gonna start a petition up

Sign here to fill in arse cracks!!!

You could probably get some sponsorship from unibond for that!?!

"You could probably get some sponsorship from unibond for that!?!"

LOL, best thing i've heard all day.....

Forum Mod

lmao

Lmao, you're on top form I see this evening Olly x

"Ok...hope this helps clear things up for us girlies hahahaha

Fabulous....Deluded and would probably kiss thier own arse if they could reach "

I have Athletic on my profile,was a bodybuilder,can still give most guys a firemans lift but don't need to shave off any facial hair before a meet.

Why is it that because some women have worked hard and sacrificed for the way they look they get ridiculed,strangely its mainly by other women?

Trace

XX

well iv put large with lumps n bumps on mine

i never get what a lot of the body types mean, i always though curvy was a polite way of saying big, you know curvy as in BBW but i have seen some women who describe themselves as curvy that havnt been big, and fabulas could be seen as someone whos a bit up their own arse lol or fabulas as is a really big BBW seeing as its at the end of the list i assumed it was the top end of the scale? ive also seem men describe themselves as curvy, which to me is just wrong, any men out there never describe yourself as curvy lmao but its like when you see over weight guys who describe themselves as muscular and you look and you think....mate your just fat live with it lol i suppose at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions on what classes as what, i have curvy on mine cause basically im a fat bastard but curvy sounds sexier than ample lol

As a bloke speaking here.. I'd struggle to describe myself.. I'd never put curvy, i'm not hugely fat though carry a wee bit more than i'd like at times.. I'm fairly muscular but i'd never be big headed enough to put muscular ... so we put average and let people make up there own minds.. just seems the simplest option lol

We've noticed that many times very thin people describe themselves as Athletic. To us Athletic is a shape that has to be worked on to be achieved,not something bordering on skeletal.

Its the same with Curvy,that to us implies an hour-glass figure,like the '50's screen godesses,Jane Mansfield,Liz Taylor,Sophia Loren etc.

No way can we imagine a guy as curvy though,unless it was Danny LaRue,lol.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

» Add a new message to this topic