FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > stuff thats on telly now

stuff thats on telly now

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hooter McGavin OP   Man  over a year ago

Exeter

are you as sick as i am with all the crap the telly companys show, if its not a realiety show its a bloody repeat, i remember when there was good stuff on

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *om1noMan  over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I agree entirely, what really pea's me of is between 5 and 6 at night I'm eating my tea and there putting adverts for anti constipation products and sanitary wear, put's me off my grub lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

at the moment i am enjoying :

the big c (more 4, thursday night)

homeland (ch4, sunday night)

loved the recent bbc documentary on putin and russia too

other than that, very little has my attention at the mo

South Worcestershire

I think those adverts on TV for sanitary products are a scam anyway, I bought the ones they advertise with wings, I put one on and I couldn't swim dance or horse ride any better

I wish we could go back to the day when we had only 3 stations, they didn't start transimission until about 9.30 in the morning, they closed down around lunch time and showed the test card, re-opened later in the afternoon with childrens tv then closed again for the night with the epilogue at 11:30pm.

I know that might sound like it was back in the dark ages but I'm talking about 1977 - not so long ago really.

With 24/7 television it's not suprising that we no longer have quality programmes, it simply isn't possible to produce quality in such quantitiy

oh i disagree they do some fabulous stuff these days

great period dramas like Downton Abbey and upstairs downstairs

or crime dramas like Whitechapel or law and order

or documenties like Royal marines: mission Afghanistan

or even the american stuff like Deaperate houswives or Homeland

i'm loving the stuff on tv an the mo but then i guess its all subjective we all like different things

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Hundreds of channels....plenty of choice of what you watch in the modern age...so no, it doesn't bother me.

"are you as sick as i am with all the crap the telly companys show, if its not a realiety show its a bloody repeat, i remember when there was good stuff on"

They have always repeated from the early years so its nothing new. At one point there were only 3 channels to choose from and little day time TV. Its a poor situation if you can't find something on the 40 plus ones there are available.

South Worcestershire

I think with all the reality stuff that's on these days, eg. antique , cooking, diy and makeover programs, just cater for the moronic masses

"I think with all the reality stuff that's on these days, eg. antique , cooking, diy and makeover programs, just cater for the moronic masses "

I have started to enjoy Antiques Roadshow, but I think that has more to do with middle age than my moron score

South Worcestershire

And what about that Fat club thing, what's that all about ?, who wants to watch a load of fat lazy lard ass's ?, bring back Muffin the mule, or is that against the law now ?

South Worcestershire

"I think with all the reality stuff that's on these days, eg. antique , cooking, diy and makeover programs, just cater for the moronic masses

I have started to enjoy Antiques Roadshow, but I think that has more to do with middle age than my moron score "

I quite agree and have watched that program for a few years but there are so many on the same lines it gets boring watching them all

Exeter

IM NOT KNOCKING THE PROGRAMS YOU MENTIONED AT ALL THAT WAS NOT MY POINT, I MEAN CRAP LIKE BIG BROTHER, IM A CLEB, THAT ONE WHERE A CLEB PLANS YOUR WEDDING, AND AS FOR JEREMY KYLE, WHAT WOULD EVER POSSESS YOU TO WANT TO GO ON THAT SHOW, THERE ARE SOME GOOD PROGRAMS OUT THERE BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE CRAP

"And what about that Fat club thing, what's that all about ?, who wants to watch a load of fat lazy lard ass's ?, bring back Muffin the mule, or is that against the law now ? "

um oh well i don't know maybe a whole other bunch of lazy lard arses looking for inspiration to help themselves to change so they aren't judged ny more by narrow minded idiots

just a thought

Exeter

Your comment really made me laugh, i want to go and buy some winged items to see if i have better luck than you lol

thanks for brightening my day lol

deal or no deal ,,,,best

South Worcestershire

Then we have Ice Pilots, Ice rd Truckers, The world's best trucker, Swamp people, what happened to the great drama we used to get like, Sharp or When the boat comes in

The whole digital TV thing is pissing me off no end.The broadcast quality is dreadful,picture and sound are forever going out of sync and both picture and sound quality are dreadful.Bring back the old analog broadcasts......much much better quality!!

South Worcestershire

"deal or no deal ,,,,best"
now your talking, The Chase or Egg heads, Daphne does it for me lol

Exeter

i agree with you about sharp, i was watching it last night, i was thinking i wish they would make some more of that, i did really like 24 though, jack was the man lol

South Worcestershire

"Your comment really made me laugh, i want to go and buy some winged items to see if i have better luck than you lol

thanks for brightening my day lol"

your very welcome, it's only tongue in cheek with me lol, I think I'm turning into Victor Meldrew, well that's what the Mrs tells me lol

South Worcestershire

"i agree with you about sharp, i was watching it last night, i was thinking i wish they would make some more of that, i did really like 24 though, jack was the man lol"
you can still buy both box sets of When the boat comes in and Sharp from the BBC online

We never watch anything that's on british television unless it's the odd documentary, Being Human or Hustle. We generally watch american tv.

We love:

Spartacus

The Walking Dead

Touch - only seen pilot, show starts in March, it's the most promising pilot I've ever seen.

Desperate housewives.

The River

American Horror Story.

Are you there chelsea?

Californication.

The LA complex.

If we ever put our virgin box on we end up flicking through too many channels and never find anything to land on.

Exeter

i have the sharp box set and one of the india ones he did after

"The whole digital TV thing is pissing me off no end.The broadcast quality is dreadful,picture and sound are forever going out of sync and both picture and sound quality are dreadful.Bring back the old analog broadcasts......much much better quality!!"

The picture quality issue is most likely to be related to your equipment as is the audio sync problem which you mention.

The most common cause of bad audio sync is a badly set up home cinema system.

Exeter

i agree with you about Spartacus and the

The Walking Dead, also watch sons of anarchy but there is still to much crap, the americans have made some good stuff though

South Worcestershire

"And what about that Fat club thing, what's that all about ?, who wants to watch a load of fat lazy lard ass's ?, bring back Muffin the mule, or is that against the law now ?

um oh well i don't know maybe a whole other bunch of lazy lard arses looking for inspiration to help themselves to change so they aren't judged ny more by narrow minded idiots It's just like fishing on here LMFAO, put a big worm on and wait for someone to bite, I think I might have to change my line to land this one

just a thought "

"i agree with you about Spartacus and the

The Walking Dead, also watch sons of anarchy but there is still to much crap, the americans have made some good stuff though"

Never seen sons of anarchy, sounds like something we'd watch, gonna have to give it a go... thanks x

"And what about that Fat club thing, what's that all about ?, who wants to watch a load of fat lazy lard ass's ?, bring back Muffin the mule, or is that against the law now ?

um oh well i don't know maybe a whole other bunch of lazy lard arses looking for inspiration to help themselves to change so they aren't judged ny more by narrow minded idiots It's just like fishing on here LMFAO, put a big worm on and wait for someone to bite, I think I might have to change my line to land this one

just a thought "

oh my sides are just splitting your just so funny

By *laggieWoman  over a year ago

Derby

dya not think all the 'fantasy/reality' progs are to momentarily take us out of this life which is so full of pressure ?

South Worcestershire

"We never watch anything that's on british television unless it's the odd documentary, Being Human or Hustle. We generally watch american tv.

We love:

Spartacus

The Walking Dead

Touch - only seen pilot, show starts in March, it's the most promising pilot I've ever seen.

Desperate housewives.

The River

American Horror Story.

Are you there chelsea?

Californication.

The LA complex.

If we ever put our virgin box on we end up flicking through too many channels and never find anything to land on.

"

It's a good thing we all don't like the same things, I'm completely the opposite I hate most things that come from America TV wise, but on saying that recently I watched the new version of True Grit which I enjoyed, the very next day the original was on so I watched that to compare the two, the original did it for me lol

South Worcestershire

just a thought

oh my sides are just splitting your just so funny "

glad you appreciated, I'm here to please

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

"What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

"

Trueblood is amezzing, I love it. Just waiting on the season starting.

Got bored of Grimm within the first cpl of episodes.

Homeland is more something I let him watch while I come on the computer for a game of poker lol x

Exeter

[Removed by poster at 28/02/12 14:39:45]

South Worcestershire

"to be honest no, the big brother thing is just sad, why watch people doing nothing all the time, i will admit the first series was interesting same as the im a celb but they have all been done to death, i have no idea how many series of those things there have been but there has to of been too many"

Lets just face facts, all these reality Programs are cheap to make in comparison with the cost of making good drama.

Exeter

"dya not think all the 'fantasy/reality' progs are to momentarily take us out of this life which is so full of pressure ?"

to be honest no, the big brother thing is just sad, why watch people doing nothing all the time, i will admit the first series was interesting same as the im a celb but they have all been done to death, i have no idea how many series of those things there have been but there has to of been too many

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

Trueblood is amezzing, I love it. Just waiting on the season starting.

Got bored of Grimm within the first cpl of episodes.

Homeland is more something I let him watch while I come on the computer for a game of poker lol x"

Homeland is fabulous, an emotive subject but none the less compulsive watching

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Homeland is pretty good, still only seen the first episode but I have it on season link.

I would also recommend In The Night Garden.

South Worcestershire

"dya not think all the 'fantasy/reality' progs are to momentarily take us out of this life which is so full of pressure ?

to be honest no, the big brother thing is just sad, why watch people doing nothing all the time, i will admit the first series was interesting same as the im a celb but they have all been done to death, i have no idea how many series of those things there have been but there has to of been too many"

I personally think I'd rather keep my feet on the ground, trying to get or aspire to the things that are sometimes portrayed in reality programs such as Makeover/DIY, can sometimes lead to either constructional or financial problems, people can be so gullable trouble

"Homeland is fabulous, an emotive subject but none the less compulsive watching "

I should give it more of a try. Anything to do with MI5, MI6, Spies, CIA, the government or football automatically get a miss as I just group them straight away as boys viewing. But I could be missing out, think we've still got the series, so I'll give it a go x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Homeland is fabulous, an emotive subject but none the less compulsive watching

I should give it more of a try. Anything to do with MI5, MI6, Spies, CIA, the government or football automatically get a miss as I just group them straight away as boys viewing. But I could be missing out, think we've still got the series, so I'll give it a go x"

Give it a go, if you dont like it, you can spank me

um oh well i don't know maybe a whole other bunch of lazy lard arses looking for inspiration to help themselves to change so they aren't judged ny more by narrow minded idiots

just a thought "

South Worcestershire

I should give it more of a try. Anything to do with MI5, MI6, Spies, CIA, the government or football automatically get a miss as I just group them straight away as boys viewing. But I could be missing out, think we've still got the series, so I'll give it a go x"

Why boy's viewing ?, these types of program certainly get you thinking, some of the plots might not be that far from the truth

South Worcestershire

just a thought

"

I see I'm Fishing again, just like clockwork really, easy to wind up

just a thought

I see I'm Fishing again, just like clockwork really, easy to wind up "

i believe its called trolling rather than fishing

South Worcestershire

just a thought

I see I'm Fishing again, just like clockwork really, easy to wind up

i believe its called trolling rather than fishing "

Call it what you like, it certainly provokes a response

take it the larger lady is not your type hun?? each to their own i guess, however i was brought up that if you cant say anything nice say nothing at all, so ......... lol

"take it the larger lady is not your type hun?? each to their own i guess, however i was brought up that if you cant say anything nice say nothing at all, so ......... lol"

oh my goodness that would take manners and sadly some in life just do not have a grasp on that concept

Exeter

"take it the larger lady is not your type hun?? each to their own i guess, however i was brought up that if you cant say anything nice say nothing at all, so ......... lol"

he didnt mention women......just lard arses in general, keep it frendly people, this forum is about crap telly no big boys and girls and if you like that sort of thing

Here we go again, another perfectly good thread on it's way to shitsville

South Worcestershire

On the contrary I prefer larger ladies, but I also think that if you put yourself in the limelight on a TV program then it's perfectly acceptable for others to make a comment on that TV program and the program did include both sexes, and was not a sexist comment in any way

"take it the larger lady is not your type hun?? each to their own i guess, however i was brought up that if you cant say anything nice say nothing at all, so ......... lol

he didnt mention women......just lard arses in general, keep it frendly people, this forum is about crap telly no big boys and girls and if you like that sort of thing "

sorry treacle its an open forum and if he wishes to get offensive about a group of people then those that fit into that group have the right to reply

welcome to the world of open forums

enjoy

"take it the larger lady is not your type hun?? each to their own i guess, however i was brought up that if you cant say anything nice say nothing at all, so ......... lol

On the contrary I prefer larger ladies, but I also think that if you put yourself in the limelight on a TV program then it's perfectly acceptable for others to make a comment on that TV program and the program did include both sexes, and was not a sexist comment in any way "

well what a wonderful way to endear yourself to that group of people

well done you

South Worcestershire

On the contrary I prefer larger ladies, but I also think that if you put yourself in the limelight on a TV program then it's perfectly acceptable for others to make a comment on that TV program and the program did include both sexes, and was not a sexist comment in any way

well done you "

Do you really think i was trying to endear myself ?, I'm so sorry for you sensitive souls out there who completely misinterpreted my tongue in cheek original comment

dont be sorry for me babe, i am having a blast lol

back to the original thread - i love the tv programmes atm, upstairs downstairs, prisoners wives, inside men and a huge host of other 1st class british drama and loads of brill comedy from accross the pond - big bang theory no 1 in my book atm !

well done you

Do you really think i was trying to endear myself ?, I'm so sorry for you sensitive souls out there who completely misinterpreted my tongue in cheek original comment "

tongue in cheek pmsl your legs will ache from back peddling

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"are you as sick as i am with all the crap the telly companys show, if its not a realiety show its a bloody repeat, i remember when there was good stuff on"
surely, if its a repeat, then it must still be good, as it was on when there was good things on, no??

or, do you actually mean, isnt it strange how our perception of things that are good changes with age? lol

Exeter

"are you as sick as i am with all the crap the telly companys show, if its not a realiety show its a bloody repeat, i remember when there was good stuff onsurely, if its a repeat, then it must still be good, as it was on when there was good things on, no??

or, do you actually mean, isnt it strange how our perception of things that are good changes with age? lol"

it doesnt have to be good for them to choose to repeat it, but my main point is the reality shows, i cant stand that stuff

We like watching repeats of last of the summer wine, good to see all the old ones again. I tape doctors and the indian doctor which is on in the daytime. Holby city, eastenders, and harry hill.

South Worcestershire

well done you

Do you really think i was trying to endear myself ?, I'm so sorry for you sensitive souls out there who completely misinterpreted my tongue in cheek original comment

tongue in cheek pmsl your legs will ache from back peddling "

Oh I'm certainly not back peddling I think I'm right in saying that others saw my post for what it was, with more or less only yourself not grasping what was said and the manner in which it was said, I'll consult the Forum police lady next time

I should give it more of a try. Anything to do with MI5, MI6, Spies, CIA, the government or football automatically get a miss as I just group them straight away as boys viewing. But I could be missing out, think we've still got the series, so I'll give it a go xGive it a go, if you dont like it, you can spank me "

wahey, now there's an incentive. I could sit thru anything for that haha xx

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I will do the Scottish sport.... should take 15 lines at most!!

in the night garden

"I will do the Scottish sport.... should take 15 lines at most!!"

Should this not be in the newspaper thread?

South Worcestershire

"I will do the Scottish sport.... should take 15 lines at most!!"

ooh that's going to stir a hornets nest up, you will have the forum police lady after you for racism lol

South Worcestershire

"I will do the Scottish sport.... should take 15 lines at most!!

Should this not be in the newspaper thread? "

Still a very stirring Quote though

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

"What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

"

Havent been able to catch up on True blood in ages but there is also the the other one for the Uk i have been trying to watch, and then Vampire Diaries is back on yeah im a Geek through reading the books, i love Deal or no Deal and also The chase and Pointless

South Worcestershire

"I will do the Scottish sport.... should take 15 lines at most!!

ooh that's going to stir a hornets nest up, you will have the forum police lady after you for racism lol "

No you wont I just noticed where you come from, I like the truth lol

South Worcestershire

"What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

Havent been able to catch up on True blood in ages but there is also the the other one for the Uk i have been trying to watch, and then Vampire Diaries is back on yeah im a Geek through reading the books, i love Deal or no Deal and also The chase and Pointless"

Woman after my own heart, I love good quiz's got to go the chase is on lol

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

"dont be sorry for me babe, i am having a blast lol

back to the original thread - i love the tv programmes atm, upstairs downstairs, prisoners wives, inside men and a huge host of other 1st class british drama and loads of brill comedy from accross the pond - big bang theory no 1 in my book atm ! "

Love love love The big bang theory love also Family Guy aswell and American Dad

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What about..

Homeland

Grimm

Trueblood

Havent been able to catch up on True blood in ages but there is also the the other one for the Uk i have been trying to watch, and then Vampire Diaries is back on yeah im a Geek through reading the books, i love Deal or no Deal and also The chase and Pointless"

i like the vampire diaries as well, think its on tonight although its so so tame compared to Trueblood

in the night garden

"i like the vampire diaries as well, think its on tonight although its so so tame compared to Trueblood "

I tried to watch the Vampire Dairies but got really frustrated at the lack of dairy produce in season one, not so much as a cheese or yoghurt anywhere. Rubbish!

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

oh i know but i love al that sort of thing and i seriously wish they created a tv series on my favourite authors books (by Sherrilyn Kenyon or Laurell k Hamilton) then i would be ever so happy and contented

all based on shape shifters, Gods and Goddesses, the underworld..and the other the same but also Fairies, elves and lots more

Read the books

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"oh i know but i love al that sort of thing and i seriously wish they created a tv series on my favourite authors books (by Sherrilyn Kenyon or Laurell k Hamilton) then i would be ever so happy and contented

all based on shape shifters, Gods and Goddesses, the underworld..and the other the same but also Fairies, elves and lots more

Read the books "

come to a social, plenty of shapeshifters there

"

Love love love The big bang theory love also Family Guy aswell and American Dad"

Big bang theory is brilliant. Love Sheldon but Amy is favourite now. All that pent up sexual frustration and her unabashed girl crush on Penny lol

Other great comedies,

The Middle - basically the story of our family lol

Mordern Family - I want to be Gloria lol

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

"oh i know but i love al that sort of thing and i seriously wish they created a tv series on my favourite authors books (by Sherrilyn Kenyon or Laurell k Hamilton) then i would be ever so happy and contented

Read the books come to a social, plenty of shapeshifters there "

hahaha...that had me laughing out loud but im sure there must be

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

the truth is none of us are swingers,we are just on this site because theres nothing on tv

" ...come to a social, plenty of shapeshifters there "

And they all love ice cream...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" ...come to a social, plenty of shapeshifters there

And they all love ice cream..."

vanilla?

have to say bbc3 and bbc4 do not get enough credit bbc3 is fantastic for new talent and new writers love cherry with her documentaries. Love being human and the fades and great new comedy pramface. BBC4 for documentaries loved hattie and drama about early corrie.

Oh and ITV2 brand new Vampire diaries start tonight at 9 yippeeeeeeee. Stephan and Damon whats not to love.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"have to say bbc3 and bbc4 do not get enough credit bbc3 is fantastic for new talent and new writers love cherry with her documentaries. Love being human and the fades and great new comedy pramface. BBC4 for documentaries loved hattie and drama about early corrie."

BBC4 this coming Friday.....The Joy of Disco

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

"Oh and ITV2 brand new Vampire diaries start tonight at 9 yippeeeeeeee. Stephan and Damon whats not to love."

Indeed

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Hands off ladies....DAMON IS MINE!!!!

South Worcestershire

How refreshing not to of seen Corrie/Emerdale/East enders mentioned in this thread, restores my faith in humanity

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"How refreshing not to of seen Corrie/Emerdale/East enders mentioned in this thread, restores my faith in humanity "
oh theyve been done a few times , shall i bump?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Whitechapel was brilliant last night I don't want them to end it......

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Thats the thing Scottish Tv wont show programs like Whitechapel anymore and i loved it when it was on.....seems we dont get any good tv up here in Scotland (in fighting or something or other) not sure

Exeter

"How refreshing not to of seen Corrie/Emerdale/East enders mentioned in this thread, restores my faith in humanity "

you had to do it didnt you grrrrrrr mention the soaps, you have opened the floodgates now lol

why doesnt anyone in eastenders have a washing machine, they all go to the laundrete, they all buy there wine in the pub, and they spill all of their gossip in the cafe, oh and everyone that ever leaves goes UP NORTH, grrrrrrr bloody soaps

hollyokes grrrrrrr that place must be the best place on earth, only good looking people live there and the weather is always nice, i bet when we all had the heavy snow not last christmas but the one before they didnt have any lol

Forum Mod

I want to see more of Luther..........much more!

South Worcestershire

"How refreshing not to of seen Corrie/Emerdale/East enders mentioned in this thread, restores my faith in humanity

you had to do it didnt you grrrrrrr mention the soaps, you have opened the floodgates now lol

why doesnt anyone in eastenders have a washing machine, they all go to the laundrete, they all buy there wine in the pub, and they spill all of their gossip in the cafe, oh and everyone that ever leaves goes UP NORTH, grrrrrrr bloody soaps

hollyokes grrrrrrr that place must be the best place on earth, only good looking people live there and the weather is always nice, i bet when we all had the heavy snow not last christmas but the one before they didnt have any lol "

You can always trust me to open up a can of worms lol, and I never made a comment about midsummer murders

South Worcestershire

Just to remind everyone, don't forget the Fat Club tonight at 9pm

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

remember when channel 5 first started and in the evening it was basically a soft porn station.... I miss those days.

I am not a porn fan and full on porn does nothing for me.... but I could often have a lady wank to the soft porn stuff.

» Add a new message to this topic