FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > all the hugging and celebrating in sports

all the hugging and celebrating in sports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hooter McGavin OP   Man  over a year ago

Exeter

i dont like all of the hugging and praiseing of each other in sports on the telly, i remember when it used to be a slap on the back and a well done mate, what do you think people

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't really care!

Thats what I think!

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"i dont like all of the hugging and praiseing of each other in sports on the telly, i remember when it used to be a slap on the back and a well done mate, what do you think people "

You're too young to remember that it's not a new thing

given some of the win bonuses premier league players get i'm surprised they're not rimming each other

if i got an extra 5k for every league point we got i'd be jumping up and down too..injunctions ain't cheap ya know!

Exeter

"given some of the win bonuses premier league players get i'm surprised they're not rimming each other

if i got an extra 5k for every league point we got i'd be jumping up and down too..injunctions ain't cheap ya know!"

thank you for not taking this to seriouly, it was meant as a joke, pity the 2 people above you didnt see that

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Hmmmmm it's a very good point. I can remember particularly in rugby they wouldn't even make eye contact when scoring a try, now they hug and all sorts! Of course footballers have always celebrated a lot more vociferously than their Rugby playing counterparts but I still think it has escalated a long way in football too. In 1966 Geoff Hurst scored a hat trick in the WC final and only got a pat on the back, I would Imagine if Wayne Rooney were to do the same for England today he would be anally raped on the pitch in front of everyone! I quite like that as a concept. When I play football on Wednesday we will shout 'good goal' or 'nice finish' and clap but that is about all. One time my mates girlfriend played as she is pretty good and I wouldn't have minded celebrating a goal or two with her IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! (I mean she had big tits). I often think about solo sportsmen, all those poor tennis player who have no one to kiss and cuddle when they win, or golfers, although I care less about them as it is barely a sport is it?

Exeter

"Hmmmmm it's a very good point. I can remember particularly in rugby they wouldn't even make eye contact when scoring a try, now they hug and all sorts! Of course footballers have always celebrated a lot more vociferously than their Rugby playing counterparts but I still think it has escalated a long way in football too. In 1966 Geoff Hurst scored a hat trick in the WC final and only got a pat on the back, I would Imagine if Wayne Rooney were to do the same for England today he would be anally raped on the pitch in front of everyone! I quite like that as a concept. When I play football on Wednesday we will shout 'good goal' or 'nice finish' and clap but that is about all. One time my mates girlfriend played as she is pretty good and I wouldn't have minded celebrating a goal or two with her IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! (I mean she had big tits). I often think about solo sportsmen, all those poor tennis player who have no one to kiss and cuddle when they win, or golfers, although I care less about them as it is barely a sport is it?"

woo there tiger with the golf, i play and its a lot harder than the pros on telly make it out to be, i will agree its not a physical game but it is rather mental......ok rant over lol

in the night garden

"Hmmmmm it's a very good point. I can remember particularly in rugby they wouldn't even make eye contact when scoring a try, now they hug and all sorts! Of course footballers have always celebrated a lot more vociferously than their Rugby playing counterparts but I still think it has escalated a long way in football too. In 1966 Geoff Hurst scored a hat trick in the WC final and only got a pat on the back, I would Imagine if Wayne Rooney were to do the same for England today he would be anally raped on the pitch in front of everyone! I quite like that as a concept. When I play football on Wednesday we will shout 'good goal' or 'nice finish' and clap but that is about all. One time my mates girlfriend played as she is pretty good and I wouldn't have minded celebrating a goal or two with her IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! (I mean she had big tits). I often think about solo sportsmen, all those poor tennis player who have no one to kiss and cuddle when they win, or golfers, although I care less about them as it is barely a sport is it?

woo there tiger with the golf, i play and its a lot harder than the pros on telly make it out to be, i will agree its not a physical game but it is rather mental......ok rant over lol"

Whilst I respect your views on golf I can't say I agree, how hard can it be to hit a ball with a stick? And all those men wanting to kiss and cuddle other men when they 'sink one in the hole'!!! It will lead to nothing but sexual frustration and ultimately anal rape in the club house showers! I am reminded of the famous Mark Twain quote 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' and do you know what? Good walks aren't that good either!

"Hmmmmm it's a very good point. I can remember particularly in rugby they wouldn't even make eye contact when scoring a try, now they hug and all sorts! Of course footballers have always celebrated a lot more vociferously than their Rugby playing counterparts but I still think it has escalated a long way in football too. In 1966 Geoff Hurst scored a hat trick in the WC final and only got a pat on the back, I would Imagine if Wayne Rooney were to do the same for England today he would be anally raped on the pitch in front of everyone! I quite like that as a concept. When I play football on Wednesday we will shout 'good goal' or 'nice finish' and clap but that is about all. One time my mates girlfriend played as she is pretty good and I wouldn't have minded celebrating a goal or two with her IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! (I mean she had big tits). I often think about solo sportsmen, all those poor tennis player who have no one to kiss and cuddle when they win, or golfers, although I care less about them as it is barely a sport is it?

woo there tiger with the golf, i play and its a lot harder than the pros on telly make it out to be, i will agree its not a physical game but it is rather mental......ok rant over lol

Whilst I respect your views on golf I can't say I agree, how hard can it be to hit a ball with a stick? And all those men wanting to kiss and cuddle other men when they 'sink one in the hole'!!! It will lead to nothing but sexual frustration and ultimately anal rape in the club house showers! I am reminded of the famous Mark Twain quote 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' and do you know what? Good walks aren't that good either!"

rather that than the organised loitering that claims to be a sport..Cricket

I don't watch or follow any sports so quite honestly I couldn't give a toss what they do

hmm when i was playing rugby a try was scored it generally went with whoever was closest to the scorer or had made the killer run or pass unless it involved the forwards , but they would have a quick shake of the hands a pat on the back on the run back to our own half and that was it , sometimes nothing depending on what the score was . All this going mental crap ....i dont know seems very much like american football style celebrating to me .

Exeter

Whilst I respect your views on golf I can't say I agree, how hard can it be to hit a ball with a stick? And all those men wanting to kiss and cuddle other men when they 'sink one in the hole'!!! It will lead to nothing but sexual frustration and ultimately anal rape in the club house showers! I am reminded of the famous Mark Twain quote 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' and do you know what? Good walks aren't that good either!"

hockey is played with a stick, golf is played with a club, irons, wedges, drivers, various woods, various recoverys and a putter but not a stick lol

in the night garden

Whilst I respect your views on golf I can't say I agree, how hard can it be to hit a ball with a stick? And all those men wanting to kiss and cuddle other men when they 'sink one in the hole'!!! It will lead to nothing but sexual frustration and ultimately anal rape in the club house showers! I am reminded of the famous Mark Twain quote 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' and do you know what? Good walks aren't that good either!

hockey is played with a stick, golf is played with a club, irons, wedges, drivers, various woods, various recoverys and a putter but not a stick lol"

Again with the homo erotic connotations of 'playing with various wood'. You golfers are obsessed! While I'm on it what about the clothes? I am as big a fan of argyle patterns as the next man but the ubiquitous, nay, gratuitous use of the pattern within the sport makes me wonder what it all means. Does the pattern have some secret message to other golfers? i.e. brown argyle I am up for it in the bunker? Blue argyle I am straight leave me alone? It's sinister and a little tawdry. Do you wear argyle?

shows the passion and emotion involved

try scoring a winning goal or summat. its a natural reaction

Having played a team sport at a pretty high level believe me very little compares to the euphoric adrenaline rush you get when you score and your fans and team mates erupt with you.

At that moment you go through a split second of temporary insanity. I've been kissed by grown sweaty hairy men square on the lips at times like that!

"shows the passion and emotion involved

try scoring a winning goal or summat. its a natural reaction "

No, other men just don't do it for me, no matter how passionate and emotional I feel.

"woo there tiger with the golf, i play and its a lot harder than the pros on telly make it out to be, i will agree its not a physical game but it is rather mental......ok rant over lol"

Golf's a fookin walk in the park! Ya only have to whack a lil ball a few hundred yards and drop it in a lil hole... and they even level the fookin grass around the whole out for ya!

* hole

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

your fans and team mates erupt with you.... I've been kissed by grown sweaty hairy men square on the lips at times like that!"

Theres women on here that would be queueing up to see that

To right op ... it makes me sick seeing people celebrate and congratulate each other .... I mean, what did they do to deserve these moments of self congratulatory joy? train for years? be more dedicated and talented than me? bah!

They should be embarrassed by their successes .. like i'm proud of my failures.

"i dont like all of the hugging and praiseing of each other in sports on the telly, i remember when it used to be a slap on the back and a well done mate, what do you think people "

You are doing well they have been snoggin and hugging since the early 70s with Georgie Best and Charlie George. You would have to be 65 to remember hand shakes and back slaps.

Goes find the queue

Footballers are not particular to any intellectual thoughts, some managers can't even read and write very well.

Guess the only way they can express themselves is physically, hugging and jumping on each other...

Not sport at all, just a business concept now, football players and team are the products, football supporters are the customers.

its a fucking stick ,,just the shape a bit different

"Footballers are not particular to any intellectual thoughts, some managers can't even read and write very well.

Guess the only way they can express themselves is physically, hugging and jumping on each other...

Not sport at all, just a business concept now, football players and team are the products, football supporters are the customers."

Bollox you dont see them getting a protractor out to take a corner!

I don't think there is anything wrong with showing a bit of excitement about something you are passionate about.

"I don't think there is anything wrong with showing a bit of excitement about something you are passionate about."

Im passionate about kebabs but i dont snog them!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"I don't think there is anything wrong with showing a bit of excitement about something you are passionate about.

Im passionate about kebabs but i dont snog them! "

oh i dunno, there are some nice female kebabs around

"I don't think there is anything wrong with showing a bit of excitement about something you are passionate about.

Im passionate about kebabs but i dont snog them!

oh i dunno, there are some nice female kebabs around "

Never! with salad and chilli sauce?

By *leasing_to_the_thighsMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

whats with all the hate for golf? u are sayin all u do is hit a ball with a stick well isnt football the same but hitting it with ur foot? u should try and get ur way around a full 18 holes u will find its not that easy.

i dont see the problem with the celebrations though. a sense of achievement and fulfilment from winning is a great thing and when in a group situation why not cheer and share the glory

In any situation, if the other side/team score or have an advantage, over the top excitement and jubilations are a demonstration of a poor (sportspersonship).

Guess sportsmanship needs to be reintroduced.

» Add a new message to this topic