FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So overrated!!!!

So overrated!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I watched HUGO, martin scorsese's fantasydramamystery film, I watched in utter boredom at its drivel.It was acted well and the 3D would have been nice...but in my opinion, I just find scorsese way overrated.

after watching several other 'masterpieces' I do begin to wonder, why I would want to pay to see films in the cinema just to walk away and say,

"well that was SHIT!!!".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

tinker, tailor, soldier, spy (the 2011 version) was dull

not a classic, but i did fall asleep in the cinema during 'catch me if you can'

"tinker, tailor, soldier, spy (the 2011 version) was dull

"

lol thats bad lol, altho those films really dont grab me enough to warrant a watch most times anyway.

"tinker, tailor, soldier, spy (the 2011 version) was dull

"

Oh dear I did the same with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, went with a friend who thought it was brilliant but I didn't and I worked out who the killer was fairly early on even though I slept through most of it I did however like the costumes but nothing else was good zzzzzz

i think its all such a personal taste thing many so called classics have bored the life outta me

watched the godfather trilogy recently as i was fed up of hearing what classics there were and decided i should see for myself and in my opinion it was utter drivel that i struggled to stay awake during in fact i controversialy prefered the third one which to film buffs is just shocking

i went to see wolfman and loved it yet according to most it was attrociously bad

its all just personal taste i guess

and at the risk of loads of flak

i didnt rate warhorse too highly

super 8, was another...great producer/directors trying to recapture that nostalgia from the likes of ET, sorry EPIC fail!!!- worse its my kind of film!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

They say that in rock music, all the tunes have been played out.

I wonder if that's the case with good films and good stories?

It's struck me for a while, see the trailer and you've seen the best bits if any.

"I watched HUGO, martin scorsese's fantasydramamystery film, I watched in utter boredom at its drivel.It was acted well and the 3D would have been nice...but in my opinion, I just find scorsese way overrated.

after watching several other 'masterpieces' I do begin to wonder, why I would want to pay to see films in the cinema just to walk away and say,

"well that was SHIT!!!"."

Movies in general are expensive to make and on the whole are aimed at the mass markets. Some though are quirky or an acquired taste and you can't expect to like them all.

"I watched HUGO, martin scorsese's fantasydramamystery film, I watched in utter boredom at its drivel.It was acted well and the 3D would have been nice...but in my opinion, I just find scorsese way overrated.

"well that was SHIT!!!".

Movies in general are expensive to make and on the whole are aimed at the mass markets. Some though are quirky or an acquired taste and you can't expect to like them all. "

very true.Of course the joy of upcoming independant film makers using the internet to gain a following is good.Vodo appear to have a few films free to watch/share/download on budgets of £15,000 then asking for donations to help with making more episodes or other films.Also some others have made great fanmade additions of films(free), like the hunt for golem (lord of the rings)

of course there is sme seriously bad shit thats even made it to the cinema lol, like 'Monsters'... beautifully filmed arthouse sci-fi(hailed for its low budget)...but I hated it majorly.

with the increasingly good cameras, cheap or free software, almost anyone can make a movie.

I just like my movies to have beginnings middles n ends i suppose...not so much to walk away from and 'discuss' with ur mind or friends lol

» Add a new message to this topic