FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Greedy women (financially)

Greedy women (financially)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce Winger OP   Man  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have sold my house which my dad built & left to me. Had a loan against it which involved my ex g/f 1996-2005(no kids) putting her name on the deeds. Now she wants 50%, I have offered 25%, 5 weeks ago, with no response!

I could be homeless & technically penniless by Friday! Very Grrrrr

Have you had an experiences that have made you think " I want to fuck her up the arse.................with a cactus"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Sadly as her name was on deeds..nothing you can do about it

Feel for you...really do...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If she hasn't contributed a penny towards the upkeep of the house or any mortage/loan secured against it since she left you should seek the advice of a solicitor as she may be entitled to a mere fraction of what you offered her. No way will she get 50%. It may be determined that the part of the mortgage she took on when the loan was struck could be calculated as a percentage of the value of the property at the time the deal was made, and that percentage is held as a charge against the property now. Only you know the sums involved so do the maths and see what you come up with. If her part of the loan amounted to 25% of the property value at that time AND she has regularly serviced the loan from that date to this then 25% of any money you realise from the sale is hers.

my friend married a gold digger she was the rich older woman and he was the good looking toy boy, they got married and he tried to take ger for everything the only way she could stop him going for the house was to sign it over to her daughter till the divirce came thro, she did that with everything gave her daughter the lot, house, car, money everything, when the divorce came thro my friend had fook all in her name and he didnt get a penny, and what she did was perfectly legal, soon as they was divirced her daughter signed the lot back over to her

Sadly with the law as it is sometimes its the only way

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

[Removed by poster at 19/03/12 02:20:41]

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

She ran off 33 days after getting her hands on 15k. Now 7 yrs later she thinks I owe her 1/2 my only inheritance when she has all hers to come!

"She ran off 33 days after getting her hands on 15k. Now 7 yrs later she thinks I owe her 1/2 my only inheritance when she has all hers to come! "

She sees you as a soft touch and by offering her 25% you may well be a soft touch. Tell her to go and see a solicitor and you do the same. She won't get a penny unless you cave in to her.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

That(solicitors) is half the problem I suspect. They charge a fortune for being slow, no matter how many phonecalls you make!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sorry forgot to add that we are both only in touch via as mentioned above. Even though I do have her phone no & address I have decided to bite my tongue in case I say something which I may later regret.

[Removed by poster at 19/03/12 03:07:05]

"Sorry forgot to add that we are both only in touch via as mentioned above. Even though I do have her phone no & address I have decided to bite my tongue in case I say something which I may later regret."

And has your solicitor advised you to offer her 25%?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No, that was my offer after she wanted 50%. Solicitor can't advise you, only follow your instructions?

Have you looked at any 'you and the law' websites?

Have you been in touch with legal aid or citizens advice?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No,I thought I was paying my solicitor for that!

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"No, that was my offer after she wanted 50%. Solicitor can't advise you, only follow your instructions?

"

Rubbish.

It is your solicitor's duty to provide you with an assessment of the legal principles underlying the dispute, the range of potential outcomes, the chances of success and any associated risks. All of this should be outlined in the Customer Care Letter you should have received when the solicitor agreed to take on your case if it wasn't given to you in the initial interview. The SRA say, in the Solicitors Handbook - "clients must be in a position to make informed decisions about:

the services they need

how their matter will be handled, and

the options available to them

While much of the information given in the initial interview will help clients come to an informed decision, the written information given at the start of a retainer, whether in a client care letter or some other format, will also be important in meeting this outcome."

If I've read your version oevents right, your solicitor made the offer of 25% - was this in the form of a 'Calderbank' letter? (Your solicitor may have called it a 'without prejudices save as to costs' letter, or possibly a 'without prejudice' letter?

"No, that was my offer after she wanted 50%. Solicitor can't advise you, only follow your instructions?

Rubbish.

It is your solicitor's duty to provide you with an assessment of the legal principles underlying the dispute, the range of potential outcomes, the chances of success and any associated risks. All of this should be outlined in the Customer Care Letter you should have received when the solicitor agreed to take on your case if it wasn't given to you in the initial interview. The SRA say, in the Solicitors Handbook - "clients must be in a position to make informed decisions about:

the services they need

While much of the information given in the initial interview will help clients come to an informed decision, the written information given at the start of a retainer, whether in a client care letter or some other format, will also be important in meeting this outcome."

If I've read your version oevents right, your solicitor made the offer of 25% - was this in the form of a 'Calderbank' letter? (Your solicitor may have called it a 'without prejudices save as to costs' letter, or possibly a 'without prejudice' letter?

"

and don't assume cos you had bad luck with one that we are all the same.

I am an independent woman and always will be.

please.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Rubbish.

the services they need

"

You won't get better advise than this post....Awayman is dead right on this one.

Everything has to be in your Sons,Daughters or Dogs name for 8 years before you can get away with that one.I once employed a Female who acquired 3 property's in 10 years.That was after she worked for me. Sorry but most guys don't think with there Brains.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I have sold my house which my dad built & left to me. Had a loan against it which involved my ex g/f 1996-2005(no kids) putting her name on the deeds. Now she wants 50%, I have offered 25%, 5 weeks ago, with no response!

Have you had an experiences that have made you think " I want to fuck her up the arse.................with a cactus"

"

Sorry but you knew what it meant to put her name on the deeds... and obviously had a good reason to at the time which worked in your favour... otherwise why have her name put on.

I don't agree with people being ripped-off.... but if someone is legally entitled to something and you didn't plan for it... tough shit.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"Everything has to be in your Sons,Daughters or Dogs name for 8 years before you can get away with that one.I once employed a Female who acquired 3 property's in 10 years.That was after she worked for me. Sorry but most guys don't think with there Brains.

"

this is why it is best to stay single, everything is mine and i'm not sharing it

"

It sounds very much like you need a new solicitor. If you aren't even aware that your solicitor is supposed to advise you as well as take your instructions then he hasn't explained his function to you properly.

"I have sold my house which my dad built & left to me. Had a loan against it which involved my ex g/f 1996-2005(no kids) putting her name on the deeds. Now she wants 50%, I have offered 25%, 5 weeks ago, with no response!

Sorry but you knew what it meant to put her name on the deeds... and obviously had a good reason to at the time which worked in your favour... otherwise why have her name put on.

I don't agree with people being ripped-off.... but if someone is legally entitled to something and you didn't plan for it... tough shit."

Totally agree with this post. If the law favours her share there must be a bloody good reason.

As far as Solicitors being slow, am proof of that. It is 2 years this month and my settlement from a marriage is still going through. I was divorced last year.

I don't agree with people being ripped-off.... but if someone is legally entitled to something and you didn't plan for it... tough shit."

Maybe the OP can confirm or correct me but it does sound awfully like this woman set out to fleece him as soon as she knew she could. Did she make all the usual promises con artists use like 'yes, I will pay it back', or 'I love you so much, do this thing for me'. Then when she'd got the cash, whooosh, like a rat out of an aquaduct, she's gone.

The OP says she took £15k 7 years ago. Now I'm not shit hot at maths but even I know that no house in the east midlands 7 years ago was worth a total of £30k even if it was severely run down. How does that entitle her to 50%?

If you want to apply the rule of law then she only became a shareholder in the property in 1996, remained in the relationship for 9 years and then fucked off with £15k.

A reasonable court would look at that amount over the years she was there and consider it 'paid in full'.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't agree with people being ripped-off.... but if someone is legally entitled to something and you didn't plan for it... tough shit.

Maybe the OP can confirm or correct me but it does sound awfully like this woman set out to fleece him as soon as she knew she could. Did she make all the usual promises con artists use like 'yes, I will pay it back', or 'I love you so much, do this thing for me'. Then when she'd got the cash, whooosh, like a rat out of an aquaduct, she's gone.

The OP says she took £15k 7 years ago. Now I'm not shit hot at maths but even I know that no house in the east midlands 7 years ago was worth a total of £30k even if it was severely run down. How does that entitle her to 50%?

If you want to apply the rule of law then she only became a shareholder in the property in 1996, remained in the relationship for 9 years and then fucked off with £15k.

A reasonable court would look at that amount over the years she was there and consider it 'paid in full'."

I wouldn't like to guess how much she is legally entitled to.... I just know her name is on the deeds, so she owns part of the house.

She could have told him she would shit the moon in a bucket for him for all I care.... he agreed for her name to be on the deeds and we all know the implications of doing that. There was no gun against his head, no forgery, just a choice and free will. A bad choice may be, but a choice all the same. If there was no benefit to the OP in having her name on the deeds, why would he do it? Even if the only benefit for him was to try and impress her, he chose to take that benefit at the time.... you roll the dice and takes ya' chance.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Just noticed the Op stating that her name went on the deeds when he took out a loan.....now that sounds like a joint loan was taken out (could be wrong)....was that the reason for his girlfriend having her name placed on the deeds?.....to protect her in case there was a default on the loan?

The next time you think about signing anything with a woman, do it AFTER your balls have been emptied

That's why I think you should have the honeymoon before the wedding

"I wouldn't like to guess how much she is legally entitled to.... I just know her name is on the deeds, so she owns part of the house.

She could have told him she would shit the moon in a bucket for him for all I care.... he agreed for her name to be on the deeds and we all know the implications of doing that. There was no gun against his head, no forgery, just a choice and free will. A bad choice may be, but a choice all the same. If there was no benefit to the OP in having her name on the deeds, why would he do it? Even if the only benefit for him was to try and impress her, he chose to take that benefit at the time.... you roll the dice and takes ya' chance.

"

That may be so in the black & white letter of the law, but the law also recognises that people do operate with dubious practices to separate the easily led from their money. When my 1st wife and I divorced we had two options as to splitting our finances (a house worth £200k with a £55k mortage on it). She could either raise the money and buy me out or I could take a percentage of the equity and the remainder of what I was entitled to (if she couldn't raise enough capital to buy me out completely) would have held as a charge against the house in percentage terms that realised whenever she sold up. That allows for inflation and equitable growth but the risk is she could sell in a downturn in the market and I'd have got less.

That's how the OPs deal should have been structured. Whatever money was raised as a loan against the property should have been be calculated as a percentage of the full value of the equity in the property and amended in the deeds as a percentage. If it wasn't he was badly advised.

Another example of the point I raised earlier regarding whether she has serviced the debt in the 7 years since she left is this: My brother divorced his wife many years ago but never took her name off the mortgage because he'd never have got the full amount on his own wages and he didn't want to move. When he eventually sold up she demanded half, which would have amounted to £40k of the equity. He fought her through the courts and she got £6k because she hadn't contributed a penny to servicing the mortgage since she divorced him and the court considered that as her not protecting her investment.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Cheers for your input guys, but she is still pushing for 50%, when she has no need to. Cruel heartless GREEDY bitch. She is making me suffer big time & she doesn't need to if only to satisfy her desire to see me crumble. I honestly don't deserve what she is trying to do to me. Maybe I murdered loads of children in a previous life perhaps?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Cheers for your input guys, but she is still pushing for 50%, when she has no need to. Cruel heartless GREEDY bitch. She is making me suffer big time & she doesn't need to if only to satisfy her desire to see me crumble. I honestly don't deserve what she is trying to do to me. Maybe I murdered loads of children in a previous life perhaps? "
I know its no consolation but some may do it for the simple reason they can xx

A hitman is probably cheaper than a bloody solicitor lol

Stick to your guns and see it out to the last penny.

Fighting for YOUR right will pay off

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"A hitman is probably cheaper than a bloody solicitor lol "

Has been thought of many moons ago by many people...

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Stick to your guns and see it out to the last penny.

Fighting for YOUR right will pay off "

Exactly what I'm doing chap, she has a long way to fall.

» Add a new message to this topic