FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Photos on facebook

Photos on facebook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustyLeRoux OP   Woman  over a year ago

Brecon

Hi forum fabbers ... honest opinions please. I posted some pictures of my niece a few weeks old - had asked my brother if it was ok - didnt say who's child it was etc. Anyway he got a telling off from his partner and now I'm not allowed to put anymore pictures up. Also the message wasnt directly told to me. A bit miffed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

These days I’d err on the side of caution and let the immediate family decide.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

He should have got us wife's agreement. I wouldn't post pictures of my kids on line anywhere when they were young. Not that the internet was available to us then anyway.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Why are you miffed? Your brother said it was OK without checking with his wife, she told him off, you've took them down... What bit are you annoyed about?

Brecon

Just because she didnt say to me directly that is all. Got confused as to what was allowed

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Just because she didnt say to me directly that is all. Got confused as to what was allowed"

Ah right. It's probably your bro she's pissed off at more than you, after all he gave you permission, that's why she told him off and not you! I wouldn't worry about it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just because she didnt say to me directly that is all. Got confused as to what was allowed"

To be fair you didn't ask her directly. I suspect she feels back bit miffed too.

I honestly think you need to accept that your brother did wrong not asking and by default so did you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just because she didnt say to me directly that is all. Got confused as to what was allowed

To be fair you didn't ask her directly. I suspect she feels back bit miffed too.

I honestly think you need to accept that your brother did wrong not asking and by default so did you."

I’ve put photos of my baby up on FB but I’ve asked people to double check with me before uploading anything. If they don’t, me or C will ask them to take it down.

Brecon

"Just because she didnt say to me directly that is all. Got confused as to what was allowed

Ah right. It's probably your bro she's pissed off at more than you, after all he gave you permission, that's why she told him off and not you! I wouldn't worry about it "

True..thank you lovely

My brothers partner did the same thing to us kinda.

We’d been to visit my nephew in the hospital when he was about 12-18 months and took some photos with me and my kids.

Brothers partner but some of them up on her Facebook so I did the same and then she complained to social services (they were going through the process of losing their kids) that I’d put one on Facebook and was forced to take them down even though she’d put them up first and as far as I’m aware, they’re still there.

"Hi forum fabbers ... honest opinions please. I posted some pictures of my niece a few weeks old - had asked my brother if it was ok - didnt say who's child it was etc. Anyway he got a telling off from his partner and now I'm not allowed to put anymore pictures up. Also the message wasnt directly told to me. A bit miffed "

It's a tough decision and many are based on fear and lack of understanding, generated by certain groups and media creating paranoias. Facebook is a lot safer than it used to be. There are far more privacy controls than use to be, restricting who can see pictures but as has been said it is really down to the immediate family to decide what is acceptable and what isn't.

Why would you put pics online of someone else's kids anyway?

"Why would you put pics online of someone else's kids anyway?

"

Think the OP was talking about family/related family children not random kids else there would be worrying .

Can’t put family pics on Feckin Facebook now! Jesus fucking Christ on a bike!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Can’t put family pics on Feckin Facebook now! Jesus fucking Christ on a bike!"

You can put family photos on Facebook.

Brecon

Think the OP was talking about family/related family children not random kids else there would be worrying .

"

Yes family related not random kids

"Can’t put family pics on Feckin Facebook now! Jesus fucking Christ on a bike!

You can put family photos on Facebook. "

Yes! I know we can but the first comment was complaint from family member about putting pics up!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Hi forum fabbers ... honest opinions please. I posted some pictures of my niece a few weeks old - had asked my brother if it was ok - didnt say who's child it was etc. Anyway he got a telling off from his partner and now I'm not allowed to put anymore pictures up. Also the message wasnt directly told to me. A bit miffed "

Christ, how many more photos of your niece do you need to post?!

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

I personally don't have an issue with people I know putting pictures up of our kids, our friends and family have many times without asking permission and it doesnt offend me in the slightest, maybe I'm more chilled than a few people lol

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I copied and pasted the legal text about Facebook from some profiles I saw on here so I’m covered for all the photos on my Facebook page, threw in the other legal bit about using my pics too

Yes family related not random kids "

Not *your* kids. You didn't ask their mum for permission. Can't blame her for being pissed off at you.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

Its never bothered me at all..brother would have my boy for sleepover.. take pics of them up to their antics. Hed put them on fb. Its your niece. I dont see what the problem is. Do all her friends and family have to ask your brother each time? Were you even told of this rule?

» Add a new message to this topic