FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Average 26k

Average 26k

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Government claim average pay is 26k.

Thats more than 500 a week.

Are they serious? and they want to help people on those wages.

I'm 30, jobless at mo but when I did work, I never even made 200 a week. What help do we get?

Every job round here is minimum wage at the moment and temp.

I wasn't lazy either, I spent 4yrs at college, another 2 at uni, then 2yrs home study course, another 1yr at college.

Now its even harder for me as i recently got diagnosed with a long term illness which will effect my work now and then.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Government claim average pay is 26k.

I'm 30, jobless at mo but when I did work, I never even made 200 a week. What help do we get?

I wasn't lazy either, I spent 4yrs at college, another 2 at uni, then 2yrs home study course, another 1yr at college.

Now its even harder for me as i recently got diagnosed with a long term illness which will effect my work now and then.

"

It's just not worth the stress of thinking about it hon. I've not had a pay rise in nearly 6 years, my hours have increased with no extra pay and all bonuses stopped just over 3 years ago. I'm only earning £2,300 gross per year more than I was 9 years ago

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

the average wage in the,UK is artificialy high due to the obscenely high bonus paid within the square mile distorting the figures upwards

By *r Stagger LeeMan  over a year ago

torquay

sorry to hear that, fortunately i have managed to stay employed but as for the extra money i was earning through overtime and unsocialable hours, all stopped, unfotunately there just isn't the work around.

Have you tried any sort of voluntary work to try and increase your job prospects?

earning 26k is a dream of mine

when that day comes i will splash out and buy a litre of fuel (154.9 up here just now and rising....lol)

I can’t regard the statistical average annual salary as a figure of any great importance……

I simply don’t find any relevance to it when the system used to arrive at the average figure takes into account that for every Wayne Ronney who is reputedly on £250,000 a week we arrive at the situation where roughly 500 people can have zero annual earning but statistically an annual average of approximately £26,000 exists between them all….

FFS..... crikey, I hope I've got my maths right...... otherwise I'm gonna be slaughtered when the Correction Patrol check my sums….. yikes…….....

"

can i just say that im on more than 26K a year but by the time you have been taxed etc you dont bring home £500 a week

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Government claim average pay is 26k.Thats more than 500 a week.Are they serious? and they want to help people on those wages.

Every job round here is minimum wage at the moment and temp.I wasn't lazy either,

"

All mean averages are distorted by the freak numbers at each end - in this case, the obscene amounts earned by the very lucky few.

I think there ought to be some law requiring companies paying the minimum wage to have to justify it, such as it would put them out of business to pay more etc. Minimum wage should be an occasional freakish thing, but it's very sadly starting to be viewed as the normal wage that many companies want to pay - may as well be redefined as the UK wage, at this rate, before long.

At one stage in my career I was earning 35 plus and barely brought home 500 a week, not sure how they work out the average based on a 26k income is 500 then?

To my mind a more relevent system for reoprting the national annual average salary would be to calculate it from people who’s individual income does not exceed £100,000 per year....

This would give a much fairer picture that most people could use to compare their income against a national average statistic….!..

£26k is the Mean average, which is totally flawed in this case

9 employees and an employer. 9 employees are on £20k, employer (as Owner) is on £50k, average salary there is £23k, 90% are below the average.

The Mean average is £23k

The Mode (Most) average is £20K

The Median (Middle ) Average is £20k

Which is the true reflection?

I would love to see pay scales on a

Mode average, much easier to see what the true pay bands are.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

not sure how they work out the average based on a 26k income is 500 then?"

52 weeks in a year (give or take) so -

52 x £500 = £26,000

So it was just the OP doing a wee bit of arithmetic - I don't think they said £500 was the take home pay per week.

"At one stage in my career I was earning 35 plus and barely brought home 500 a week, not sure how they work out the average based on a 26k income is 500 then?"

i dont think 'they' did

i think what the OP had done is divided 26,000 by 52 which gives you 500, but as we have both pointed out you do not bring home £500 a week

"At one stage in my career I was earning 35 plus and barely brought home 500 a week, not sure how they work out the average based on a 26k income is 500 then?

i dont think 'they' did

i think what the OP had done is divided 26,000 by 52 which gives you 500, but as we have both pointed out you do not bring home £500 a week "

Oh a life without tax and national insurance, that would do me

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

£26k pa is £380 take home, or there abouts, as its the pay on offer at the company i am temping at WHEN they finally decide to take any drivers on.

its very ignorant for agencies to use it as a figure as it is very perverted.

should really offer average wages for certain sectors, rather than jst 1 sweeping generalisation.

"

'Those' wages isnt that much when your a single mum and the only person bring money into the house, i have 3 kids all of which are in education, i pay for everything and get no help from noone, yet some people sit on their arse all day and get everything paid for them, how much do you think it costs to run a house and pay for 3 kids?

Its about time people who tried their best got help in my opinion

mullinwire

'Those' wages isnt that much when your a single mum and the only person bring money into the house, i have 3 kids all of which are in education, i pay for everything and get no help from noone, yet some people sit on their arse all day and get everything paid for them, how much do you think it costs to run a house and pay for 3 kids?

Its about time people who tried their best got help in my opinion"

would rather the likes of NN get a decent share of my tax payments than some little shit who doesnt even know how to spell work, let alone get up early enough to actually do any, except on giro day.

Relatively high salary and extensive taxes paid, but more than happy to do this after experiences with NHS and Schools last year following youngest son's accidents ... nothing but praise for both organisations. I appreciate that what’s paid is not ring fenced in any way and that my taxes do go to ‘less deserving cases’ but I feel it’s a price worth paying for the system we live with … it’s not perfect but it works well in so many ways.

averages are funny things :

for example, i am above average

most people have 2 legs, however some have none and some have one

making the people with 2 above average !

get what i'm saying ?

It probably is the average as some of us do pretty harsh jobs that you wouldn't do if the pay wasn't very high. I work 12 hr days for a straight 20 days and sometimes it will stretch to 16 hours a day. Ok i get 3 weeks off then but if i wasn't paid a good salary i wouldn't even think about doing it. I think some deserve to be paid well for doing not nice jobs.

I just think at times there is lot of neg on people who do earn but work very hard but think on they pay lots in tax to keep things rolling.

"averages are funny things :

for example, i am above average

most people have 2 legs, however some have none and some have one

making the people with 2 above average !

get what i'm saying ? "

But....Buzzie-boi my fine fellow..... you're far to special to be ever called simply "above-average"

"It probably is the average as some of us do pretty harsh jobs that you wouldn't do if the pay wasn't very high. I work 12 hr days for a straight 20 days and sometimes it will stretch to 16 hours a day. Ok i get 3 weeks off then but if i wasn't paid a good salary i wouldn't even think about doing it. I think some deserve to be paid well for doing not nice jobs.

I just think at times there is lot of neg on people who do earn but work very hard but think on they pay lots in tax to keep things rolling. "

true, i work 12 hour night shifts, i do 4 nights a week but i also have a youjng child that after a 12 hour night shift i have to stay up for, take to school, get back and have usually about 4 or 5 hours sleep before im up again picking her up from school, then once shes home im up and back in to work for another 12 hour night shift, believe me 4/5 hours sleep 4 days in a row when your doing 12 hour night shifts is not enough and theres no way id do it unless they made it financially attractive to me

"It probably is the average as some of us do pretty harsh jobs that you wouldn't do if the pay wasn't very high. I work 12 hr days for a straight 20 days and sometimes it will stretch to 16 hours a day. Ok i get 3 weeks off then but if i wasn't paid a good salary i wouldn't even think about doing it. I think some deserve to be paid well for doing not nice jobs.

I just think at times there is lot of neg on people who do earn but work very hard but think on they pay lots in tax to keep things rolling.

true, i work 12 hour night shifts, i do 4 nights a week but i also have a youjng child that after a 12 hour night shift i have to stay up for, take to school, get back and have usually about 4 or 5 hours sleep before im up again picking her up from school, then once shes home im up and back in to work for another 12 hour night shift, believe me 4/5 hours sleep 4 days in a row when your doing 12 hour night shifts is not enough and theres no way id do it unless they made it financially attractive to me"

Ouch! having to stop up must be a killer after 12 hrs. I do days one run and nights the next and it kills but couldn't stop up after 4 on the trot well done you.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

What gets me about the average wage is this :

Supposed the entire workforce is 10m people all earning £26,000 p.a. gross. Average wage = £26,000. Easy.

Now suppose 1m people lose their jobs yet would like to work.

What's the average wage now? £23,400.

Somehow i suspect the Government don't work this way.

‘There are lies, damn lies - and statistics.’

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"£26k pa is £380 take home, or there abouts"

Correct - tax & NI is very roughly 24% - I also came up with £380 p/w take home.

I am also lucky i do earn over the average of £25k or whatever it is. I took a massive risk oh and a massive loan care of Natwest to start my business, it does ok, i work hard but .... by being a little bit successful ( not a banker earning hundreds of thousands) i still have to pay 40% tax, Ni both employees and employers which works out at thousands and thousands a year. I think its almost better to be on 25 k or 150k but nothing in between.

"I am also lucky i do earn over the average of £25k or whatever it is. I took a massive risk oh and a massive loan care of Natwest to start my business, it does ok, i work hard but .... by being a little bit successful ( not a banker earning hundreds of thousands) i still have to pay 40% tax, Ni both employees and employers which works out at thousands and thousands a year. I think its almost better to be on 25 k or 150k but nothing in between."

Try living off less than 10k a year. Wanting to move out of parents. Havent had a holiday in 12years, can't afford my own car. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs so money isn't wasted.

What do you both do to only earn 10K ?? The mind boggles

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I am a civil servant working for the government and i wish I earnt somewhere near that average...

in fact.. we are getting a 1% pay rise.. inflation is running at 4%... which means we are getting further away from the average...

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

The trouble with the sum = average is that its often used only to make things look good. The sum is typically totally misleading too as some one has already pointed out but here's another example.

Consider hospital waiting times fictitious (I hope) but shows how misleading 'average' is or at least can be...

Say 9 people wait one month and 1 person waits 10 months. The 'average' waiting time is 1.9, less than 2 months, makes it look not too bad perhaps. However the person that had to wait 10 months died!

Now multiply the whole thing by lets say 1 million and the waiting time 'average' still looks the same now only we've got 100,000 dead people!

Maths will always produce perfectly accurate results, however the impression that they give is a totally different matter. Which means that the figures the government publish are not even worth discussing

"At one stage in my career I was earning 35 plus and barely brought home 500 a week, not sure how they work out the average based on a 26k income is 500 then?

i dont think 'they' did

i think what the OP had done is divided 26,000 by 52 which gives you 500, but as we have both pointed out you do not bring home £500 a week

Oh a life without tax and national insurance, that would do me "

I don't mind paying tax and national insurance. What I do mind is paying the lion's share while people on super-high wages pay next to nothing.

"What do you both do to only earn 10K ?? The mind boggles"

Lots of service jobs pay little or nothing. Bar work, fast food outlets, some temp jobs in offices. There is a list. With unemployment so high, highly skilled people are doing these jobs to try and keep afloat until something better comes along.

The problem is the goverment act like there is no one in the UK experiencing true poverty. Some families struggle to send their children with breakfast in them and a proper lunch.

My mind boggles as to how it's come to this.

"What do you both do to only earn 10K ?? The mind boggles"

Well I don't have a job at mo. We don't live together and Rach is still at college so only doing part time.

When I was working, only jobs I could eva get were warehouse temp staff and it was always min wage.

Temp staff are treated like shit. I worked at the same place for 4yrs and still never got on permanent staff as these factories/warehouses can get away with it. Cheaper for them to use temps, when things go bad like a recession, get rid of us all without any hassle.

"What do you both do to only earn 10K ?? The mind boggles

Lots of service jobs pay little or nothing. Bar work, fast food outlets, some temp jobs in offices. There is a list. With unemployment so high, highly skilled people are doing these jobs to try and keep afloat until something better comes along.

"

true, my eldest daughter is at uni and works in tesco as well to make a bit of money while shes in education, she does 30 hours a week and does not make 10K a year or nowhere near, if only one of them works and the other is working for NMW even working 40 hours you dont make 10K a year

"

Temp staff are treated like shit. I worked at the same place for 4yrs and still never got on permanent staff as these factories/warehouses can get away with it. Cheaper for them to use temps, when things go bad like a recession, get rid of us all without any hassle."

nah they cant

im a ware house manager of a very large company and im telling you know they can not get rid of you after 4 years, if you have worked in the same place for over 6 months your classed as semi permanent and have right and they can not just lay you off for nothing, if you have worked continuously for 12 months your classed as employed by the company and you have the same rights as everyone else, thats why a lot of companies take on seasonal staff and only have them over busy periods so they are not there for more than 6 months at a time, soon as you have been there 12 months your entitled to a contact

The only time this does not apply is if your empolyed thro an agency

If you was laid off after 4 years they was breaking the law and the only reason they got away with it is because you didnt know your rights and you didnt challange it

mullinwire

"£26k pa is £380 take home, or there abouts

Correct - tax & NI is very roughly 24% - I also came up with £380 p/w take home. "

i generally work it out @22% and am only ever a couple of quid out, so yeah

"£26k pa is £380 take home, or there abouts

Correct - tax & NI is very roughly 24% - I also came up with £380 p/w take home.

i generally work it out @22% and am only ever a couple of quid out, so yeah"

that works out same as me, im salaried and i pay roughly £500 a month in tax

mullinwire

"

Temp staff are treated like shit. I worked at the same place for 4yrs and still never got on permanent staff as these factories/warehouses can get away with it. Cheaper for them to use temps, when things go bad like a recession, get rid of us all without any hassle.

nah they cant

im a ware house manager of a very large company and im telling you know they can not get rid of you after 4 years, if you have worked in the same place for over 6 months your classed as semi permanent and have right and they can not just lay you off for nothing, if you have worked continuously for 12 months your classed as employed by the company and you have the same rights as everyone else, thats why a lot of companies take on seasonal staff and only have them over busy periods so they are not there for more than 6 months at a time, soon as you have been there 12 months your entitled to a contact

If you was laid off after 4 years they was breaking the law and the only reason they got away with it is because you didnt know your rights and you didnt challange it"

you can almost guarantee it was through an agency, NN.

i know guys that have driven for the same place for 3 years and still no closer to getting a perm job.

"

nah they cant

If you was laid off after 4 years they was breaking the law and the only reason they got away with it is because you didnt know your rights and you didnt challange it

i know guys that have driven for the same place for 3 years and still no closer to getting a perm job."

Agency work is horrible, agency workers have only just been covered by law to guarantee them the same pay/breaks/hours/leave as permanently employed staff (after 12 weeks mind)

By *man33Man  over a year ago

oxford/Aylesbury

i would try to stay away from voluntary work, although it sounds like a good idea and the right thing to do, i work for a recruitment agency, and most employers would look at voluntary work as time off!! You are better off studying something, remember people who work and get paid in charities earn the same, or in some cases more than most companies. (ie Oxfam staff get a very a salary), and I placed someone in a charity (i wont name) as a marketing manger and the salary was £55,000.. Unfortunately Employers dont look at the fact you are doing something good for the community, they just see you doing an unpaid job

oxford/Aylesbury

agency temp staff do tend to be on a better hourly rate though compared to employees, and they have always earned holiday pay entitlement

mullinwire

"

nah they cant

i know guys that have driven for the same place for 3 years and still no closer to getting a perm job.

Agency work is horrible, agency workers have only just been covered by law to guarantee them the same pay/breaks/hours/leave as permanently employed staff (after 12 weeks mind)"

for all the difference that makes, mate.

the agency i am working through tried to get me to register as self employed to avoid giving such perks (have been at the same place for 6 months now), and threatened with not being able to find me any work if i didnt do it, but i steadfastly refused and they have relented, for the time being.

have known other guys that have been told they ave to sign a waiver or they wil not get any work.

its a dogs life, and i dont know why anyone thought bringing this crap in was going to make any difference.

oxford/Aylesbury

you should go to your company, the company is paying the agency your tax, NI workers insurances and holiday entitlement!! I have known temp staff go from one agency to another on mass and stay with the same company.. There are alot of bad agencies out there, but it is up to you who you chose to work for!! If you and the other temps say you want to go through another agency, your employer will agree (as long as you have a valid case) which you have, then you can get paid all your entitlements, because you and the temps can pick the agency!!! Your agency is only as good as the people it employs in a company, so kick them out

mullinwire

"you should go to your company, the company is paying the agency your tax, NI workers insurances and holiday entitlement!! I have known temp staff go from one agency to another on mass and stay with the same company.. There are alot of bad agencies out there, but it is up to you who you chose to work for!! If you and the other temps say you want to go through another agency, your employer will agree (as long as you have a valid case) which you have, then you can get paid all your entitlements, because you and the temps can pick the agency!!! Your agency is only as good as the people it employs in a company, so kick them out"

on site agency, fella.

the only people that work there are through the same agency, unless the shit is hitting the fan and they cant get anyone in, then they may get a subbie in.

until the company decide they arent working out there really is nothing we can do about it.

hopefully they will be taking us on in the next couple of months, so i wont have to worry about it.

oxford/Aylesbury

well i hope it works out, but im sure your finance director would want to know where the moneys going thathes paying the agency for you... they are still breaking the law, i would escalate it, you should have the same rights as employees by law

The post saying that they earn under 10K a year between two means if they do a working week of just 36 hours each they are earning £5.06 an hour between them. Surely thats illegal? Thats £2.53 an hour ?? wtf???

oxford/Aylesbury

looking at his post, he actually says hes not working and they are living off the 10k his partners earning part time... so a little misleading

I didnt see that at all... just said try living off under 10k, lives with parents at 30 ? ... didnt get anything esle from his post... maybe you saw more... just a shame if 2 people are working full time and only getting 10k, wrong!

oxford/Aylesbury

yeah thats what he said in 1st post then theres another one saying hes out of week and his partners at college and working part time

Government claim average pay is 26k.

Looking at how well schooled you are i am lost for words why you dont have a job. 9 years of college and uni you are far far more qualified than me, so why cant you get job? i am amazed that people that are so well educated cant get a job.

"you should go to your company, the company is paying the agency your tax, NI workers insurances and holiday entitlement!! I have known temp staff go from one agency to another on mass and stay with the same company.. There are alot of bad agencies out there, but it is up to you who you chose to work for!! If you and the other temps say you want to go through another agency, your employer will agree (as long as you have a valid case) which you have, then you can get paid all your entitlements, because you and the temps can pick the agency!!! Your agency is only as good as the people it employs in a company, so kick them out

on site agency, fella.

the only people that work there are through the same agency, unless the shit is hitting the fan and they cant get anyone in, then they may get a subbie in.

until the company decide they arent working out there really is nothing we can do about it.

hopefully they will be taking us on in the next couple of months, so i wont have to worry about it."

I have managed an industrial employment business for the last 14 years and the industry has changed massively in that time.

I do agree with the statement that there are a number of 'rogue' businesses out there who do rip temps off, but you also have to bear in mind that clients have slashed margins dramatically over the last 2 years at a time when workers have (quite rightly) been given additional benefits to bring them in line with perm staff.

The result is that some agencies in order to maintain margin and profitability have looked at new ways of doing that.

One of those ways is to ask people to be self employed thus improving margins (slightly) and also reducing liability in terms of claims to perm employment status.

It is however advised that agencies should have staff engaged on a variety of pay schemes - PAYE, Self Emp via Ltd Company, Self emp via Umbrella schemes and so on.

No one agency can force you to become self employed - all they can do is 'suggest' it. It is your decision whether to take the option or not.

If they force people and that can be proven - they are on very sticky ground.

The other thing to consider is that end employer (ie the agencies client) will generally insist that the worker has no come back in terms of claiming the same perks as a perm employee with them.

Our client base is largely 'blue chip' yet in all cases bar 1, all our clients 'washed their hands' of the new legislation that came in late last year, saying pretty much 'it's your problem, not ours'

We have been asked to sign national agreements with some of the largest employers in the UK stating such and that any come back by a worker will be purely on us, not them.

Whilst the employment agency sector is shrinking in it's traditional areas, it is still massively saturated and there is an element of 'if you don't sign it, then someone else will'

So to keep the doors open - many agencies will sign and that puts the onus entirely on them to provide assurances to the client, whilst maintaining a legal duty to its workers.

As a result of the cost involved in this - and the fact that many clients refuse to pay a supplement to their suppliers to take into account this additional liability (in order to maintain their own profitability), businesses will look to find money where they can.

Sadly, sometimes, they look to their workers.

I apologise if this post has been lengthy, but as someone who looks after my staff and has stood up to (and even walked away from) clients who want it all for nothing, it rattles my bones that the whole industry is tarred with the same brush.

This is even more the case when many workers assume that it is always the agency, rarely the client, when often the opposite is true.

That said, as I pointed out initially there are unfortunately still some recruiters that would sell their granny for tuppence.

By *ondafirestormMan  over a year ago

heckington

i personally would not get out of bed for 26 k lol

"i personally would not get out of bed for 26 k lol"

I'm not sure if your being serious,

But if you were being serious , I'm sure. I'll not be alone in finding comments like that as just plain stupid,,,,

After-all pretty much everybody would choose to earn more , but not everbody can !!!

So how would a person who wouldn't get out of bed for less than 26k feed themselves and any dependants should they not be able to find a job that pays more?

How would they clothe thememselves and pay household bills etc?….!.

How would they financially survive with no alternative where they could earn above whatever higher value its is they’ve placed on their self worth….

I’m sure everyone who finds themselves in jobs that pays less would be interested to know what so special about you…..

after-all I’m sure there must be lots of people who’d love to have an opportunity to earn more…. But they still get out of bed to earn less because needs must….

mullinwire

"you should go to your company, the company is paying the agency your tax, NI workers insurances and holiday entitlement!! I have known temp staff go from one agency to another on mass and stay with the same company.. There are alot of bad agencies out there, but it is up to you who you chose to work for!! If you and the other temps say you want to go through another agency, your employer will agree (as long as you have a valid case) which you have, then you can get paid all your entitlements, because you and the temps can pick the agency!!! Your agency is only as good as the people it employs in a company, so kick them out

on site agency, fella.

hopefully they will be taking us on in the next couple of months, so i wont have to worry about it.

I have managed an industrial employment business for the last 14 years and the industry has changed massively in that time.

I do agree with the statement that there are a number of 'rogue' businesses out there who do rip temps off, but you also have to bear in mind that clients have slashed margins dramatically over the last 2 years at a time when workers have (quite rightly) been given additional benefits to bring them in line with perm staff.

The result is that some agencies in order to maintain margin and profitability have looked at new ways of doing that.

One of those ways is to ask people to be self employed thus improving margins (slightly) and also reducing liability in terms of claims to perm employment status.

It is however advised that agencies should have staff engaged on a variety of pay schemes - PAYE, Self Emp via Ltd Company, Self emp via Umbrella schemes and so on.

No one agency can force you to become self employed - all they can do is 'suggest' it. It is your decision whether to take the option or not.

If they force people and that can be proven - they are on very sticky ground.

The other thing to consider is that end employer (ie the agencies client) will generally insist that the worker has no come back in terms of claiming the same perks as a perm employee with them.

Our client base is largely 'blue chip' yet in all cases bar 1, all our clients 'washed their hands' of the new legislation that came in late last year, saying pretty much 'it's your problem, not ours'

We have been asked to sign national agreements with some of the largest employers in the UK stating such and that any come back by a worker will be purely on us, not them.

Whilst the employment agency sector is shrinking in it's traditional areas, it is still massively saturated and there is an element of 'if you don't sign it, then someone else will'

So to keep the doors open - many agencies will sign and that puts the onus entirely on them to provide assurances to the client, whilst maintaining a legal duty to its workers.

As a result of the cost involved in this - and the fact that many clients refuse to pay a supplement to their suppliers to take into account this additional liability (in order to maintain their own profitability), businesses will look to find money where they can.

Sadly, sometimes, they look to their workers.

I apologise if this post has been lengthy, but as someone who looks after my staff and has stood up to (and even walked away from) clients who want it all for nothing, it rattles my bones that the whole industry is tarred with the same brush.

This is even more the case when many workers assume that it is always the agency, rarely the client, when often the opposite is true.

That said, as I pointed out initially there are unfortunately still some recruiters that would sell their granny for tuppence."

then you are a rarity, mate.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

As long as I have enough income to support my relatively modest way of life - I'm happy.

I look for an interesting job rather than shitloads of money. Of course, if i could have both - I wouldn't complain.

can i just say that im on more than 26K a year but by the time you have been taxed etc you dont bring home £500 a week "

+1

» Add a new message to this topic