FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lady drivers

Lady drivers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is intended as constructive criticism, here goes.

Something keeps happening that frustrates me at T-junctions when a lady driver is trying to get out of a side road, on my right and I stop to let her out. It has just happened to me in Stroud for the umpteenth time in just a few months, since I started my new 'politeness to other drivers' regimen.

She was looking everywhere except at the one person she needed to ie. me, who was waving, flashing my lights, shouting, COME OUT ! She was looking about half a mile behind me, then half a mile the other way, anywhere but me, so I just carried on and I swear that she didn't have the foggiest clue that it happened at all.

In the same situation with fellas they are leering at you, almost, you feel, LET ME OUT ! C'MON, LET ME OUT! and they come out at the least invitation, it has to be said.

Is it just me, or has anyone found the same thing happens to them.

It's embarassing when you have held up other vehicles, isn't it?

OK, sermon over, thank you everyone for indulging me, I feel so much better now, x.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No comment!

Can you draw a diagram please

Mental picture.

Steering wheel 2 tits and a head.

The ladies are quiet, I'm nervous.

"The ladies are quiet, I'm nervous."

Im shitting myself for ya

i'd be nervous too . . . you must have some major big balls posting a thread like this

well it was nice knowing you . . . . .

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

i'm def staying out of this 1

"i'm def staying out of this 1 "

Im staying off the roads.

By *eamCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I would make a comment but war of the sexist would start here I'm sure

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"This is intended as constructive criticism, here goes.

Something keeps happening that frustrates me at T-junctions when a lady driver is trying to get out of a side road, on my right and I stop to let her out. It has just happened to me in Stroud for the umpteenth time in just a few months, since I started my new 'politeness to other drivers' regimen.

She was looking everywhere except at the one person she needed to ie. me, who was waving, flashing my lights, shouting, COME OUT ! She was looking about half a mile behind me, then half a mile the other way, anywhere but me, so I just carried on and I swear that she didn't have the foggiest clue that it happened at all.

In the same situation with fellas they are leering at you, almost, you feel, LET ME OUT ! C'MON, LET ME OUT! and they come out at the least invitation, it has to be said.

OK, sermon over, thank you everyone for indulging me, I feel so much better now, x."

Be good to see you at the pussy posse parties!

Well I have had my car hit by 3 women and one guy driver.. so its not to much worse..

however, dont even get me started on people that you stop to let out and they just dont go..

Me.. I dont wait for a gap.. see it.. floor it.. flash hazards to say thanks.

or .. look like I am going to pull out anyway.. then do a little smile.. thank the driver and make them feel they must have looked like they were going to let me out anyway.

I am actually a very assertive driver and take no crap from anyone.. I find I could tell you every car that is at a junction... but I think if your a biker it makes you a more alert driver.

Cali

What would my life expectancy be, do you reckon?

Exeter

"What would my life expectancy be, do you reckon?"

short

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

A driver, flashed me to let me out at a junction, but I looked behind him. Good job I did as a biker was overtaking him, if I had have gone out the biker would have been on my bonnet.

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well

Hi John, it probebly isn't you....they tend to follow the the Highway Code more than the guys, (rule 110 page 36) does say that you should only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there, also to wave or to beccon is not a valid signal and they should always check to ensure the intended signal is for them and proceed with caution.....sorry to be an anorak but I am a DSA instructor....

Exeter

"A driver, flashed me to let me out at a junction, but I looked behind him. Good job I did as a biker was overtaking him, if I had have gone out the biker would have been on my bonnet.

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well"

see a Sensible female driver

"A driver, flashed me to let me out at a junction, but I looked behind him. Good job I did as a biker was overtaking him, if I had have gone out the biker would have been on my bonnet.

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well

see a Sensible female driver "

Thank you

it isn't just women drivers and it isn't just you this happens to... i (fem) try to be as helpful as i can but people just don't pay attention... old young female male doesn't matter.. people in their cars don't pay attention

In defence of the ladies at least they always say thanks whereas guys quite often dont and act like you had an obligation to let them out!

I think I should stop doing it, in case I cause an accident, like the one I nearly had in my pants posting this, but you have all been marvellous, cheers.

i don't tend to argue with boys when it comes to driving why would i especialy when u stupid feckers keep buy your wife's 4x4 that they can't drive and jam up the school run so i can't get to work on time ffs we may not be able to drive but mostly its the guys that buy the cars x

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

OK, sermon over, thank you everyone for indulging me, I feel so much better now, x.Be good to see you at the pussy posse parties! "

When you flashed the ligts maybe she thought it was a dogging signal

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

AHH was gonna say wait till Cali sees this but she beat me too it.. You wont find me hanging about at any junctions or twiddling me gear stick at lights.. I'm usually 150 yards away by time 2nd car gets off the lights.

ok i'll calm down now

ok so lets talk about male drivers -

1) like the one driving a flashy Bentley who cut up a biker so bad by pulling out and overtaking him...then pulling in front of him so sharply that the poor biker had to jam his brakes on.....

or 2) the male driver who rolled his lorry onto its side at a roundabout yesterday as he was going much too fast for the situation....

or 3 ) the male driver trying to barge his way in at the last minute on a slip road from the main motorway and went into the side of a car that wasn't prepared to let him in - as the slip road/approach to the turn off was a mile long the driver had plenty of time to filter into the lane but obviously decided that he didn't need to queue....

shall I go on???

Exeter

"ok so lets talk about male drivers -

1) like the one driving a flashy Bentley who cut up a biker so bad by pulling out and overtaking him...then pulling in front of him so sharply that the poor biker had to jam his brakes on.....

or 2) the male driver who rolled his lorry onto its side at a roundabout yesterday as he was going much too fast for the situation....

or 3 ) the male driver trying to barge his way in at the last minute on a slip road from the main motorway and went into the side of a car that wasn't prepared to let him in - as the slip road/approach to the turn off was a mile long the driver had plenty of time to filter into the lane but obviously decided that he didn't need to queue....

shall I go on???"

or the one that under took me today trying to see If I would race him as I had the better car than him on the dual carriageway

This is the very reason why I seldom flash/signal people to come out, they're not looking!! They're a waste of space!

Sadly, too many people think that all they need to know/do is get through their test. Actually, that's them only starting to learn!

"Hi John, it probebly isn't you....they tend to follow the the Highway Code more than the guys, (rule 110 page 36) does say that you should only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there, also to wave or to beccon is not a valid signal and they should always check to ensure the intended signal is for them and proceed with caution.....sorry to be an anorak but I am a DSA instructor.... "

This.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

OK, sermon over, thank you everyone for indulging me, I feel so much better now, x."

I'm still waiting for the constructive criticism.

All I can see is someone admitting that they have NO idea about the Highway Code.

That bothers me less than the fact that he is trying to mask his bad driving knowledge and skills by denegrating an entire gender to cloud his shortcomings.

I'm an advanced driver. I drive my car. Not any other tit that want's to play night in shining armour.

Stop trying to get people to drive into the path of other vehicles that may not be giving way and drive like you are supposed to.

You'd be less frustrated.

It won't get you a shag in any case.

Sexism isn't attractive.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

OK, sermon over, thank you everyone for indulging me, I feel so much better now, x.

All I can see is someone admitting that they have NO idea about the Highway Code.

That bothers me less than the fact that he is trying to mask his bad driving knowledge and skills by denegrating an entire gender to cloud his shortcomings.

I'm an advanced driver. I drive my car. Not any other tit that want's to play night in shining armour.

Stop trying to get people to drive into the path of other vehicles that may not be giving way and drive like you are supposed to.

Sexism isn't attractive. "

I also recall you're good at finding long stay carparks too?

And to he who would pluck pheasants, i do hope you're not the type of driver who will obstruct a dozen or so others whilst you indulge in your personal foibles.

Sexism isn't attractive. "

So what is it that your saying then luv/ all women drivers apart from your good self are shit then is that it?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

If "waving, flashing my lights, shouting, COME OUT ! " is your new politeness regime, what were you like before?

Never mind about women drivers, what about those arseholes who don't know about the "give way to traffic from the right" rule?

I pull up at a mini-roundabout to let the car coming from my right go round and all the useless bugger does is sit and stare at me.

After 30 seconds or so I think "Sod this!", I go to drive off and its then that Twatty decides to make his/her move. GRRRRRRR!!! R

XX

How come women can't reverse park yet back onto a cock just fine?

Bradford

"How come women can't reverse park yet back onto a cock just fine? "

Practice?

"How come women can't reverse park yet back onto a cock just fine?

Practice?"

With you? Right now? But there isn't a woman for miles!

'Ere you're not kinky are you?

King's Crustacean

"How come women can't reverse park yet back onto a cock just fine? "

Some things just need suffocating

King's Crustacean

Sexism isn't attractive.

So what is it that your saying then luv/ all women drivers apart from your good self are shit then is that it? "

How amusing for you.

Some things just need suffocating"

Is that they calling it these days?

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

What I find frustrating are the drivers who stop on the highway to let someone out of a side road or street!!!!

Surely the purpose of a road is that the drivers on it maintain the flow as it was designed for, and anyone joining it from side roads etc, have to wait and move into that flow as and when safe to do so.

So, in effect and I say this in the nicest way possible, you are happy to block the highway, to let someone else join in from a secondary road or street without any regard to other road users behind you or coming towards you?

Men behind wheels can be twats too.

This evening, I pulled out of a mini roundabout as there was no car approaching me from the right, to be flashed by some twat in a big 4 x 4 who was driving too fast on a 30mph zone, and did not slow down as he approached the mini roundabout.

I gave him the 1 finger salute in the mirror!

Rant over!

Bradford

Practice?

With you? Right now? But there isn't a woman for miles!

'Ere you're not kinky are you? "

Forgotten already? Ok i won't tell if you don't

Bradford

"Men behind wheels can be twats too.

This evening, I pulled out of a mini roundabout as there was no car approaching me from the right, to be flashed by some twat in a big 4 x 4 who was driving too fast on a 30mph zone, and did not slow down as he approached the mini roundabout.

Rant over!

"

So what direction was this "twat" approaching from then?

Sorry everyone, what I should have made clear was that this was a little side road and perfectly clear in both directions. I just had to stop to let someone back out of their driveway and before I continued on my way I came to this junction as the lady pulled up to it. I waited a few seconds without any gestures, but she didn't move, so then I started my little rant. I never stop on main roads to do it.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My missus is a good driver, but she can't aaaarrgghhhh

Lucky i suvivvvvv

"My missus is a good driver, but she can't aaaarrgghhhh

Lucky i suvivvvvv"

Has your sheep done a runner?

Personally I have no time for car drivers whatever their gender The reason that the people of the UK are now the most obese people in Europe is that they are lazy slobs who drive everywhere. If they were forced to walk or cycle, half of them would probably die with the effort, and the rest of them would lose their blubber and become fit. In doing either they would be doing their country which groans under the weight of too many people, and their vastly overstretched health system an enormous service.

Bradford

"My missus is a good driver, but she can't aaaarrgghhhh

Lucky i suvivvvvv

Has your sheep done a runner? "

That'd be a novelty, they usually run away when i'm interested.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

From a woman's point of view....

Why are men so bad at sex and driving?

Because the bastards always pull out with no thought of who else might be coming.

"From a woman's point of view....

Why are men so bad at sex and driving?

Because the bastards always pull out with no thought of who else might be coming.

"

Trust you to come up with that!

"Men behind wheels can be twats too.

Rant over!

So what direction was this "twat" approaching from then?

"

My left, i.e. I was pulling out of the roundabout on his right.

I think your main problem is the inference that only women react as you suggested when waived out!

Thats a sexist assumption, men do it too.

And.... it appears you only choose to let women out, which may be deemed patronising!

I'm surprised the men haven't complained yet that you only appear to favour women in said scenario!!

"Personally I have no time for car drivers whatever their gender The reason that the people of the UK are now the most obese people in Europe is that they are lazy slobs who drive everywhere. If they were forced to walk or cycle, half of them would probably die with the effort, and the rest of them would lose their blubber and become fit. In doing either they would be doing their country which groans under the weight of too many people, and their vastly overstretched health system an enormous service.

"

My father cycled to work every day, I cycled to work every day, my daughter cycles to work every day .... we all have bad knees now.

"Personally I have no time for car drivers whatever their gender The reason that the people of the UK are now the most obese people in Europe is that they are lazy slobs who drive everywhere. If they were forced to walk or cycle, half of them would probably die with the effort, and the rest of them would lose their blubber and become fit. In doing either they would be doing their country which groans under the weight of too many people, and their vastly overstretched health system an enormous service.

"

Feel free to emigrate.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Feel free to emigrate."

Maybe to Holland?

"

i drove to the chippy at the end of the road the other night. and then drove back with my chips.

Feel free to emigrate.

Maybe to Holland? "

For a schmoke and pancakesh yesh?

The bishyclesh will be parked outshide the shmokers cafe'sh and porno showsh.

There are no fat dutch peoplesh cosh they prefer to exershishe in Needle park and forshake food for the heroin no?

"I think your main problem is the inference that only women react as you suggested when waived out!

And.... it appears you only choose to let women out, which may be deemed patronising!

I'm surprised the men haven't complained yet that you only appear to favour women in said scenario!! "

No I don't care what gender they are, I let anyone out, but not on a main or busy road. But it is remarkable how often it's the ladies that don't look at you. I know it's not PC all this, but I was born sixty years ago today and political correctness then was when the chancellor of the exchequer got his sums right on budget day!

Bradford

"I think your main problem is the inference that only women react as you suggested when waived out!

I'm surprised the men haven't complained yet that you only appear to favour women in said scenario!! "

We were too busy wondering how big this woman's tits were

Bradford

My father cycled to work every day, I cycled to work every day, my daughter cycles to work every day .... we all have bad knees now. "

Doggies out of the question then is it?

I'm surprised the men haven't complained yet that you only appear to favour women in said scenario!!

No I don't care what gender they are, I let anyone out, but not on a main or busy road. But it is remarkable how often it's the ladies that don't look at you. I know it's not PC all this, but I was born sixty years ago today and political correctness then was when the chancellor of the exchequer got his sums right on budget day!"

Sorry but thats bollox, otherwise you wouldn't have posted as you did and followed it up as you did... you just need to learn to move with the times!

You allow women to drive in your country?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Sorry dude, but I got to say this....

I fekkin hate drivers who do this!!

I'm all for "christian motoring", but I hate being behind someone who does this.

Fair enough, if there is already a queue of traffic on the main road, and none of us is moving, by all means leave a gap for someone to pull out of a side street across you.

But if I am driving along the main road which is clear, and some twat decides to "do the right thing" and stop to let someone out of a side street, then I find by horn pretty damn smartish!!!

And, its against the Highway code, to say nothing of being dangerous!

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

I have to join a main A road every morning and it is always at a standstill. so joining it is just a matter of courtesy but i have noticed that it seems that woman drivers would sooner give up one of there kids than there place in the queue.

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

it's a Stroud thing - I find it frequently at the roundabout on the A46 just before Tesco's - they're always sitting around there (men and women) like dummies waiting to see who's going first. Roundabout roulette I call it.

sometimes its not the drivers you need to watch its the passengers

a while ago i pulled up at some lights as a guy was coming out of a carpark so i pulled back so he would be able to come out once the lights changed, well as they changed and he pulled out he blew me a kiss, omg you should of seen the look his lady passenger shot me i bet he got a right ear bashing for that one

"Sorry dude, but I got to say this....

I'm all for "christian motoring", but I hate being behind someone who does this.

Fair enough, if there is already a queue of traffic on the main road, and none of us is moving, by all means leave a gap for someone to pull out of a side street across you.

But if I am driving along the main road which is clear, and some twat decides to "do the right thing" and stop to let someone out of a side street, then I find by horn pretty damn smartish!!!

And, its against the Highway code, to say nothing of being dangerous! "

How is it dangerous?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Sorry dude, but I got to say this....

And, its against the Highway code, to say nothing of being dangerous!

How is it dangerous?"

because, being on the "main" road means you are not expecting someone in front to stop for no reason.

And yes, I know I should be watching whats going on in front etc, and I am, but if you are "looking ahead", prioritising potential threats etc, the last thing you expect is the car in front to stop without there being a proper reason.

The highway code says something along the lines of ... the person waiting to join the "main" carraigeway should wait for a suitable gap in traffic, and exit "without the need for other users to stop, slow down, or take avoiding action".

There are shit women drivers.

There are shit men drivers.

And I'm pretty sure there's probably shit transgender drivers too!

Think the main issue is that there's always someone in more of a rush/less of a rush than you, running late, on an unfamiliar road, on their sodding mobile, eating a burger, changing their cd and generally not paying enough attention to the important stuff - like concentrating on not ramming two tons of metal up the arse of the person in front.

And if you think T junctions cause major problems i'd strongly suggest avoiding the magic roundabout in Swindon at all costs - all it takes is one 'newbie' to be on there in rush hour and you're taking your life in your hands just being on the road!!!

Magic? God knows which council teat came up with the idea! Was probably on something else 'magic' at the time! (No offence to Mr Mushroom intended!!)

As the op of this thread, I should have made it clear that I do not stop on busy roads to do this, because of the obvious dangers. Also, I was criticising the men who leap out in front of you when you are in slow moving traffic, from side roads. But the most astonishing thing is that a driving instructor does not know that the highway code is a GUIDELINE to the USE of the roads in the uk. I hope there are some traffic police reading this thread who will tell you that a court may will overthrow these guidelines and decide themselves whether or not a driver acted safely.

In the case I described, they may well decide that in this particular case I was justified in indicating to the other vehicle driver(not a pedestrian or cyclist) my intention to give way to her. The onus then falls upon that driver to check that it is safe to carry out the manouvre before proceeding. If this was not the case, during the rush hours, every side road in the uk would be absolutely choc-a-block with vehicles until the traffic subsides.

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

the current highway code has elements that are guideline usage and elements that are law-based rules. It clearly differentiates between the two (advice/common sense and law)

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well"

probably a girl on the bike.

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well probably a girl on the bike. "

Probably an idiot on the bike.. first rule of motorcycling never ever overtake at a junction!!!

yep.

"There are shit women drivers.

There are shit men drivers.

And I'm pretty sure there's probably shit transgender drivers too!

Think the main issue is that there's always someone in more of a rush/less of a rush than you, running late, on an unfamiliar road, on their sodding mobile, eating a burger, changing their cd and generally not paying enough attention to the important stuff - like concentrating on not ramming two tons of metal up the arse of the person in front.

And if you think T junctions cause major problems i'd strongly suggest avoiding the magic roundabout in Swindon at all costs - all it takes is one 'newbie' to be on there in rush hour and you're taking your life in your hands just being on the road!!!

Magic? God knows which council teat came up with the idea! Was probably on something else 'magic' at the time! (No offence to Mr Mushroom intended!!) "

My driving instructor used to take me through the 'magic roundabout' in Swindon. I still have nightmares about it.

yep.

"the current highway code has elements that are guideline usage and elements that are law-based rules. It clearly differentiates between the two (advice/common sense and law)"

Perfect answer GR . It happened on Slad Rd. at the junction of Lansdowne by the Fountain pub, do you know it. People do it all day there, am I right? You wouldn't call that a particularly busy road would you?

Exeter

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well probably a girl on the bike. "

I ride a bike and very well thank you(female here)....I think that all car drivers should do a bike test then they learn to look out for bikes more... as on many occasion cars have pulled out from junctions not even seeing me!!

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well probably a girl on the bike.

I ride a bike and very well thank you(female here)....I think that all car drivers should do a bike test then they learn to look out for bikes more... as on many occasion cars have pulled out from junctions not even seeing me!! "

I rode a bike before I frove a car and so am always aware, got knocked off my bike three times by car drivers, none of them my fault

I was always taught not to look at the car immediately in front/behind you but in front/behind them as well probably a girl on the bike.

I ride a bike and very well thank you(female here)....I think that all car drivers should do a bike test then they learn to look out for bikes more... as on many occasion cars have pulled out from junctions not even seeing me!!

I rode a bike before I frove a car and so am always aware, got knocked off my bike three times by car drivers, none of them my fault"

Me too, apart from the getting knocked off part.. only been hit by a car once.. when i was crossing the road with a friend and she failed to indicate and drove on the wrong side of the road into the close...

"I rode a bike before I frove a car and so am always aware, got knocked off my bike three times by car drivers, none of them my fault"

Forgot to say, each time was a male driver, who said they couldn't see me

"I rode a bike before I frove a car and so am always aware, got knocked off my bike three times by car drivers, none of them my fault

Forgot to say, each time was a male driver, who said they couldn't see me"

3 smidsys, thats unlucky! most of the people who pull out on me are men

Exeter

"I rode a bike before I frove a car and so am always aware, got knocked off my bike three times by car drivers, none of them my fault

Forgot to say, each time was a male driver, who said they couldn't see me"

Was it at a junction they hit you?

Forgot to say, each time was a male driver, who said they couldn't see me

Was it at a junction they hit you?"

Two were, the other one was on a main road when I was signalling to turn right and he said he didn't see me, swerved but clipped my back end

King's Crustacean

"Sorry everyone, what I should have made clear was that this was a little side road and perfectly clear in both directions. I just had to stop to let someone back out of their driveway and before I continued on my way I came to this junction as the lady pulled up to it. I waited a few seconds without any gestures, but she didn't move, so then I started my little rant. I never stop on main roads to do it. "

Drive your OWN car. She doesn't have to move because you say so.

I see you drive like you swing. Women MUST say yes if I ask..........she said noooo just accept it.

King's Crustacean

No I don't care what gender they are, I let anyone out, but not on a main or busy road. But it is remarkable how often it's the ladies that don't look at you. I know it's not PC all this, but I was born sixty years ago today and political correctness then was when the chancellor of the exchequer got his sums right on budget day!"

It's pretty clear to me that you malign women as it suits you as a man to do so.

Stop saying that it's your age. It isn't ....it's your mysoginist attitude. Dry up.

No I don't care what gender they are, I let anyone out, but not on a main or busy road. But it is remarkable how often it's the ladies that don't look at you. I know it's not PC all this, but I was born sixty years ago today and political correctness then was when the chancellor of the exchequer got his sums right on budget day!

It's pretty clear to me that you malign women as it suits you as a man to do so.

Stop saying that it's your age. It isn't ....it's your mysoginist attitude. Dry up."

Is he your brother? Just asking as thats pretty much what you do to some blokes on here at times! Rich! And i don't mean your purse.

» Add a new message to this topic