FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hay fever

Hay fever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Horrid day at work today suffering from first bout of hay fever again now the weather is picking up.

Any one else suffer from this??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no but my little girl gets it terrible, i feel so sorry for her, she came in from school today and her eyes are all bloody shot and puffy and have been for the past few days, we've been to the optitions tonight to get her some prescription sun glasses so she can wear then all the time, dont know if it will help but worth a go

Never had it at all up until the age of 29 then it just hit me and have had it ever since. Funny thing is tho when I go abroad I dont suffer from it at all

Suffered from being a teenager and still suffering....had my first hayfever tablet today been a bad one,my daughter suffers too not pleasant...

"Suffered from being a teenager and still suffering....had my first hayfever tablet today been a bad one,my daughter suffers too not pleasant... "

Left the house in the early hours of this morning without any and didnt give it a second thought until out and about later on sneazing at folk lol.

Been a right bugger of a day today have just put some in pocket for tomoz

Im off tomoro so gonna chemist and buy loads....hate the damn itchy eyes n back of throat....

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

havent had a hint of it this year yet.

find yourself some local honey (and it HAS to be local) and have 2 pieces of toast in a morning with it on, will see you through the summer, i guarantee it, or your money back (any monies given to me, not for the purchasement of honey)

I have found the Asda own brand tablets very good they are non drowsy and cost about 90p for 14

"havent had a hint of it this year yet.

find yourself some local honey (and it HAS to be local) and have 2 pieces of toast in a morning with it on, will see you through the summer, i guarantee it, or your money back (any monies given to me, not for the purchasement of honey)"

why does it have to be local?

find yourself some local honey (and it HAS to be local) and have 2 pieces of toast in a morning with it on, will see you through the summer, i guarantee it, or your money back (any monies given to me, not for the purchasement of honey)

why does it have to be local?"

Less petrol costs to take her home after if local

mullinwire

silly as it sounds its the local pollen your daughter is reacting to, so its the local pollen the honey is made with, if that makes sense.

hoestly, it really does work.

i suffer terrible with it, so when i start getting itches in my eyes i find some and have a spoonful, or a couple of spoons, in a morning, and maybe the same at night.

within a week the symptoms are easily manageable, if not completely gone.

i give you the bigade guarantee on it, babb

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Local honey contains the pollen from your area and that is the important part to build an immunity to the area surrounding you.

My son used to suffer but i started to give him a homeopathic remedy called "Allum Cepa" tablets.

A friend recommended it and for both of my sons they worked. Different pollens would trigger them - one tree pollen and one grass.

Worth a try but you need to take them over a period of time.

Good luck

Local honey contains the pollen from your area and that is the important part to build an immunity to the area surrounding you.

My son used to suffer but i started to give him a homeopathic remedy called "Allum Cepa" tablets.

A friend recommended it and for both of my sons they worked. Different pollens would trigger them - one tree pollen and one grass.

Worth a try but you need to take them over a period of time.

Good luck "

Ahh but what if you work in different areas and can be called upon to go over to other areas all the time?

mullinwire

then eat honey from where you live, and take tablets to suppliment it.

"then eat honey from where you live, and take tablets to suppliment it."

But I live in a tent and keep getting moved on all the time

mullinwire

"then eat honey from where you live, and take tablets to suppliment it.

But I live in a tent and keep getting moved on all the time"

fool

silly as it sounds its the local pollen your daughter is reacting to, so its the local pollen the honey is made with, if that makes sense.

hoestly, it really does work.

i suffer terrible with it, so when i start getting itches in my eyes i find some and have a spoonful, or a couple of spoons, in a morning, and maybe the same at night.

within a week the symptoms are easily manageable, if not completely gone.

i give you the bigade guarantee on it, babb"

nah makes sence, i was just being nosey lol

fool"

hmm u aint starting down with the insults again are ya lol. Besides I dont remember asking for your worldly advice in the first place dude

do they make honey in dudley? lol

fool"

if you live in a tent - move up to scotland and you will get some hay fever tablets for nothing in any local chemists / pharmacy..

Really - didnt know you can get them free - where lol?

fool

if you live in a tent - move up to scotland and you will get some hay fever tablets for nothing in any local chemists / pharmacy..

"

Ahhhh haaaaa a worthy response at last with said tonge n cheek that appeals to me hmmmm indeed I just may. I am infact meant to be heading upto Scotland this very week end coming infact tho to be fare the only thing I intend on getting from the chemist is some play safe thingies

Dont you get free condoms from any doctors surgery or chemist shop ??

im sure they have done that in scotland for over a decade..

thought england had it as well - kids and adults any age can walk into a doctors surgery and ask for a bag of condoms - with no questions asked..

"Dont you get free condoms from any doctors surgery or chemist shop ??

im sure they have done that in scotland for over a decade..

thought england had it as well - kids and adults any age can walk into a doctors surgery and ask for a bag of condoms - with no questions asked..

"

Dunno first ive heard of that round here. They normaly just go in and ask for extra sick notes so all the benifit dont stop and the kids dont go short of anything. Think condoms are the last thing on most minds round here haha

mullinwire

"do they make honey in dudley? lol"

no idea.

i used to get mine from a local butchers, silly as it sounds.

try dudley market, maybe get summat from there. i know the garden centres are less than useless when it comes to local produce.

dont forget it doesnt have to be on your doorstep. think bees have a 20 mile radius, or something like that, so honey made with pollen form that kind of area should suffice.

condoms: get them free from family planning clinic or GUM clinic. still to be paid for from chemists.

hits me a bit in the morning and then I seem to adapt.

By *ANWIDGESCouple  over a year ago

DONCASTER

Would you like me to try and cure your hay fever...lol, not being rude at all read this...

I had hay fever so bad i used to take time off, looked like Rocky my eyes puffed up so much...

I have tried every tablet on or off the shelf and some were better than others but in time you get immune to them...

Right Miss or Mr or who ever you are, you need to get some of these bad boys...

They are called 'New Era'homopathic tablets and you get about 500 in a pot...

Every time you feel like your getting hay fever pop a few tablets on your tongue and let them dissolve-they are only tiny, keep doing this as many times as it takes to stop it...

I had really bad hay fever, used these for a few months and i never got it again, we live out in the sticks too...

Try em, they are pretty cheap, they worked for me and they might work for you...

worth a shot.

"Horrid day at work today suffering from first bout of hay fever again now the weather is picking up.

Any one else suffer from this??"

yup. i take steroids and the last about 3 months.

DONCASTER

"Horrid day at work today suffering from first bout of hay fever again now the weather is picking up.

Any one else suffer from this??

yup. i take steroids and the last about 3 months. "

Again, try the above Miss...

I took steroid drops, did nothing...

Not many people know about this homeopathic stuff, personally I couldn't give two shites what homeopathic is, if people want to hug trees and grow hairy pits that's there cheddar ..l.worked though, I am just turning 38 now and I have not had hay fever for 10 years thanks to these...

DONCASTER

IT worked that was ment to say lol...

Somebody will get back if I don't post this to say "what's working got to do with the price of fish"

Why are there so many people whinging and whining about having hay fever? People in this country really have become contemptibly soft and pathetic .If it were up to me I'd compel such people to go and live in Bangladesh for a while, and see how even four year old children cope with their far worse afflictions without whinging and whining about them to all and sundry.

put vaseline on your finger and rub it on the inside of your nose it does help quite abit i've had hayfever since i was young and still get it now and someone told me about vaseline a few years ago and thats what i use now instead of tablets

DONCASTER

"Why are there so many people whinging and whining about having hay fever? People in this country really have become contemptibly soft and pathetic .If it were up to me I'd compel such people to go and live in Bangladesh for a while, and see how even four year old children cope with their far worse afflictions without whinging and whining about them to all and sundry."

yeah but everybody moans in Bristol, that's why the clifton bridge was built...

Moan, moan again, nobody listening ...jump off lol

good words mate, fair play I hear ya.

mullinwire

"Why are there so many people whinging and whining about having hay fever? People in this country really have become contemptibly soft and pathetic .If it were up to me I'd compel such people to go and live in Bangladesh for a while, and see how even four year old children cope with their far worse afflictions without whinging and whining about them to all and sundry."

because its all about context, for christs sake.

if hay fever is the worst some people have to deal with then it will be a problem for them. its pointless saying 'oo, go to africa and then you will see what hardship really is' as thats calling people ignorant, and in this day and age everyone knows what goes on over there.

jesus, i really do hope you never post up about any problems you face in your life cuz thats all you'll get.

Having just come back onto Fab Forums, i have noticed one thing you do not seem to have a pleasant word for anyone- so why bother?! Are you an internet troll?

hahahahaha SHUT UP!

"Why are there so many people whinging and whining about having hay fever? People in this country really have become contemptibly soft and pathetic .If it were up to me I'd compel such people to go and live in Bangladesh for a while, and see how even four year old children cope with their far worse afflictions without whinging and whining about them to all and sundry.Having just come back onto Fab Forums, i have noticed one thing you do not seem to have a pleasant word for anyone- so why bother?! Are you an internet troll? "

Whats the thingies called in the Harry Potter films. You no the dark characters that come along and suck and drain the life and soul out of ya with all there negative ways and persona. Erm dementors or something arnt they called? haha

Me thinks I will be addin yo 2mis block list and sendin yo back to Bongleeedosh thanx

I tried the honey,didnt work for me...grrr but loved the honey...may try the homepathic route....

Combination of beconase nasal spray and clarityn tablets works for me.

There are two types of hayfever tablets that have a different ingredient. Loperamide is the active drug in clarityn and some own brand ones, Piriton has a different drug which doesn't work for me. It's important to find the one that works or you just waste time and money.

Ive heard of local honey helping but hate the stuff so not tried that!

It's pretty grim when you get an attack.

Other tips are close your windows at dusk and dawn as the pollen rises and falls at this time and if you have been outside then a shower before bed helps as pollen can settle on clothes and hair.

Good luck with it!!

» Add a new message to this topic