FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The postage stamp

The postage stamp

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Price of stamps are set to rise as roayl mail given the go ahead to charge what they like for stamps in future. Expected to cost up to £1 per stamp.

Is this a worry to anyone for personal use and not busines as surley these days snail mail is a thing of the past what with all emails on TINTERNET??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

To be honest i havent a clue how much a stamp costs. I just buy them in books of six with my shopping

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate that people don't write much these days. I email my brother who lives in oz... But my dad and little sister won't have mobiles or pcs.... So I write to them..

I love writing letters... And love getting a proper hand written letter too...

I love to write my master letters..

Yes its quicker by email... But sometimes a hand written one is just best

Cali

"I hate that people don't write much these days. I email my brother who lives in oz... But my dad and little sister won't have mobiles or pcs.... So I write to them..

I love writing letters... And love getting a proper hand written letter too...

I love to write my master letters..

Yes its quicker by email... But sometimes a hand written one is just best

Cali "

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

agree with cassie.

its lovely to get a card or letter in the post.

anyhow, no matter how much a stamp costs, its still good value.

you try taking something from one end of the country to the other for less...

"agree with cassie.

its lovely to get a card or letter in the post.

anyhow, no matter how much a stamp costs, its still good value.

you try taking something from one end of the country to the other for less..."

I did but I hadnt planned on her insisting I take her back again with me after the week end doh!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

The eighth at Royal Troon GC i believe.

A lovely wee hole with roughage all around it.

What more could a man want.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Price of stamps are set to rise as roayl mail given the go ahead to charge what they like for stamps in future. Expected to cost up to £1 per stamp.

Is this a worry to anyone for personal use and not busines as surley these days snail mail is a thing of the past what with all emails on TINTERNET??"

I wouldn't mind paying £1 per stamp if the service was reliable.

"Price of stamps are set to rise as roayl mail given the go ahead to charge what they like for stamps in future. Expected to cost up to £1 per stamp.

Is this a worry to anyone for personal use and not busines as surley these days snail mail is a thing of the past what with all emails on TINTERNET??

"

Id service you any time but not sure a quid would cover the cost of petrol or even the blister packs for mi pooor old little toootsies should I chose to walk given the odd pit stop or 600 lol about a week n half to get there if thats ok with you

I only use stamps at Christman time and even then I send roughly 20-25 cards. Paying 60p to send a card to a family member or friend I care deeply about is a small price to pay to let them know I care.

Some people just like to whinge and whine about every little thing but life isn't free and everyone is entitled to make a buck.

"I only use stamps at Christman time and even then I send roughly 20-25 cards. Paying 60p to send a card to a family member or friend I care deeply about is a small price to pay to let them know I care.

Some people just like to whinge and whine about every little thing but life isn't free and everyone is entitled to make a buck."

Is that how much a stamp is 60p. I had no idea how much they where. They even brought back to posts a day here

Lol I dont see any one having a whinge whine or moan on here lol this thread was not started with that intention. Me thinks some people should stop having a cage rattle moment and read the thread again lol

Id service you any time but not sure a quid would cover the cost of petrol or even the blister packs for mi pooor old little toootsies should I chose to walk given the odd pit stop or 600 lol about a week n half to get there if thats ok with you "

Nah can't wait a week and a half.

Have you not got a push bike?

By *nytimeadeMan  over a year ago

Skegness

They should charge some peeps to POST on here ....

Bradford

Id service you any time but not sure a quid would cover the cost of petrol or even the blister packs for mi pooor old little toootsies should I chose to walk given the odd pit stop or 600 lol about a week n half to get there if thats ok with you

Have you not got a push bike? "

Don't forget to tell him it's downhill to London, he'll be there in time for his tea if he sets off early.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I loved writing letters before my accident when away working I write at least one letter everyday and post them. Always think a letter is so much more personnal.

"I only use stamps at Christman time and even then I send roughly 20-25 cards. Paying 60p to send a card to a family member or friend I care deeply about is a small price to pay to let them know I care.

Some people just like to whinge and whine about every little thing but life isn't free and everyone is entitled to make a buck.

Is that how much a stamp is 60p. I had no idea how much they where. They even brought back to posts a day here"

That's how much they will be on Oct 1.

Have you not got a push bike? "

Y but chains come off n all clogged up around thingy majig n all that tickle tackle. If I get my hands full of oil do you have any margarine and sugar to try remove it please?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

As long as you buy stamps marked "1st" or "2nd" you may continue to use them after the price rise and the service you`ve paid for will be honoured. So but up all the "1st" and "2nd" stamps you can get! Stamps marked with a price will get treated as the marked price.

I wonder can you post a letter with a really old stamp that aint in service any more but like say one from a rare collection?? I dont have one as such but just wondered if they would still send ot through the sorting office

"I wonder can you post a letter with a really old stamp that aint in service any more but like say one from a rare collection?? I dont have one as such but just wondered if they would still send ot through the sorting office"

Why would you put a rare stamp on a letter when its probley worth a fortune lol

"I wonder can you post a letter with a really old stamp that aint in service any more but like say one from a rare collection?? I dont have one as such but just wondered if they would still send ot through the sorting office

Why would you put a rare stamp on a letter when its probley worth a fortune lol"

Just for the fun of it I spose why not

Bradford

My grandad let me some rare stamps from Burma but i'm fucked if i'm gonna traipse all that way out there just to post a letter.

Bradford

Could be worse, French letters are dearer at £2 for 3.

"

Could be worse, French letters are dearer at £2 for 3. "

Its a long while since ive heard them called french letters lol

ive got a penny blue

"ive got a penny blue"

I got one thats abit of a green colour. Found it in the system of the nog the other week. Think the water had an effect on the coin hence the dis coulouring of like a green lime scale now

Is this a worry to anyone for personal use and not busines as surley these days snail mail is a thing of the past what with all emails on TINTERNET??"

Pushing us all into paying bills on line net sending cheques. It will hit the old worst which is a shame.

Have you not got a push bike?

Y but chains come off n all clogged up around thingy majig n all that tickle tackle. If I get my hands full of oil do you have any margarine and sugar to try remove it please?"

Hope that's all you want margarine & sugar for?

Pushing us all into paying bills on line net sending cheques. It will hit the old worst which is a shame. "

I haven't written a cheque for about 15 years so I won't miss them. Times have changed and my children will probably never comprehend the meaning of the phrase, "the cheque's in the post" as neither cheques nor the post will exist when they're adults.

Pushing us all into paying bills on line net sending cheques. It will hit the old worst which is a shame.

I haven't written a cheque for about 15 years so I won't miss them. Times have changed and my children will probably never comprehend the meaning of the phrase, "the cheque's in the post" as neither cheques nor the post will exist when they're adults. "

I still write cheques but not as many as I used to as most things are direct debit.

But agree most people I know, don't use them anymore.

I haven't written a cheque for about 15 years so I won't miss them. Times have changed and my children will probably never comprehend the meaning of the phrase, "the cheque's in the post" as neither cheques nor the post will exist when they're adults.

I still write cheques but not as many as I used to as most things are direct debit.

But agree most people I know, don't use them anymore."

Same for me but if stamps go up any more it will make me think more about what i post.

With the increased cost of stamps I'll still buy them but not in bulk anymore. Our local PO is never really busy so I don't mind queueing up to buy one or two stamps as and when I need them. I have been considering investing in a franking machine for the business but I'm not busy enough to justify one at the moment.

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

Well it will certianly make me re-think my christmas card list.....no way will I be able to afford to send the usual amount. Of course I will still send to loved family members and close friends....but I did still send cards to folk I knew from my WRAF days and from various jobs I ve done over the years. I used to sent around 60 cards by royal mail. Hmmm.....guess I'll have to move with the times and send my christmas greetings by e-mail....only problem with that is e-mails don't look as good hanging up on a string to decorate your walls

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I have just had Royal Mail on the phone, asking how they can improve their service to my business.

I was speechless and pointed out that I already send invoices out by email, know they are delivered and are with the customer the same day

» Add a new message to this topic