FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > chivalry......

chivalry......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any chivalry left in this world. Do men still know the art of chilvary. Ie, opening doors for women, walking past a woman on the road side of the path, even letting a woman go before you in a queue. Saying that, do women know when a man is being chivalrous.

I walked past a woman today on the road side of her and I got a very strange look because I actually had to move across the width of path to do so.

Please don't tell me chivalry is a dying art.......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good manners are always appreciated.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Sadly I think yes, but the burn your bra brigade have not helped. I love having a door held open for me, the 'after you', all the things that turn a man into a gentleman

The age of chivalry is not dead but I fear is on it's last legs

I'm a fan of men being gentlemen.. makes me smile when respect is shown to women

Manners cost nothing.

The age of chivalry is not dead, my kids know their manners.

My son got off the bus same time as an elderly neighbour and carried her shopping bags home to her door for her. She invited him in for a cup of tea for doing so, bless her.

By *allieJWoman  over a year ago

East Lancashire

I appreciate good manners, it shows respect.

But I also think that both are, these days, few and far between

A dying breed am afraid. I think Its lovely when men are chivalrous. But I hold doors open for people too..its just polite

I'm definitely old school gentlemanly, was brought up that way, and my boys will be the same, i wont have any disrespect or bad manners out of them

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

it takes no extra time to hold doors open, or do any of the other things people with manners would do. Even if it isn't appreciated or reciprocated, I still feel better for doing it.

I still open doors, let Grannies and Mums with kids que before me and use my manners, manners set examples so there still important

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"The age of chivalry is not dead, my kids know their manners.

My son got off the bus same time as an elderly neighbour and carried her shopping bags home to her door for her. She invited him in for a cup of tea for doing so, bless her. "

Difference between bought up and dragged up I would have thought, bet you are proud of your children

I still open doors to good looking ladies, and also pat their bum on the way through. Only been slapped once haha. I think manners have been replaced by cheekiness in many cases. Bring back the proper gentlemen!!

I have manners, but my actions are not decided by sex ... I'm polite to men and women.

Chivalry is pretty patronising in my opinion ... to both sides

I think there is lots of chivalry about but i do think respect for others has dropped from what it was. some men are very chivalrous.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I have manners, but my actions are not decided by sex ... I'm polite to men and women.

Chivalry is pretty patronising in my opinion ... to both sides "

I love it when guys are gentlemanly and chivalrous, but i think its only because it very rarely happens,,, people today are quite rude, absorbed into their own little worlds and generally don't think to be polite to other people around them that they don't know.

I try to be as nice as possible when i'm out and about, letting people go in front of me in a queue of traffic, letting the old lady with one lettuce go in front of me at tesco when i have a massive shop, holding doors for people who are walking in behind me or walking out when i'm walking in etc.

its just polite behaviour but alot of people seem to forget that they have manners in there somewhere and it took their parents a long time to teach them those manners.

its a shame but that's just society today.

i had one meet where then guy opened the door and walked throught first....it was only then i realised how gentlemanly other guys were.....

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Did you know that Chivalry comes from the French word 'chevalerie' which comes from the Latin word 'caballarius' which translated means 'horseman'.

With that in mind I have obtained two half coconuts and am trotting around my office clacking them whilst naying and whinnying at women.

I win at chivalry!

Show me a Lady, and I'll be a Gentleman. Sadly, today's chavettes come nowhere close. I'll open a door for someone incapable of doing it for themselves or give my seat to someone incapable of standing, but their sex has no bearing on my decision.

Equality runs both ways.

By *araidWoman  over a year ago

the west (ish)

I think chivalry is a step further than manners and I love it when I am lucky enough to be on the receiving end.

I don't think it's patronising at all - its caring and respectful and makes a woman feel feminine.

"I have manners, but my actions are not decided by sex ... I'm polite to men and women.

+1

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Manners maketh the man (and woman)

"I think chivalry is a step further than manners and I love it when I am lucky enough to be on the receiving end.

I don't think it's patronising at all - its caring and respectful and makes a woman feel feminine.

"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

No, i do not think its dead at all. But is it chivalry or good etiquette?

I wouldnt expect everyone to behave like jay does, hes a lot older and grew up in a different generation and im not sure if some would know old fashioned etiquette and im not talking about opening doors ect. Im talking about taking the lead from a lady when your eating ect.

Im always having doors opened for me, rarely i go on a train journey without someone helping me down the steps with my bag.

But i also open doors for people, give up my seat for people less able. Help women with pushchairs ect.

When i was noticably pregnant i was sitting on one of the front seats on the bus that used to face outwards, a really timid old man got on the full bus. Noone stood up, so i gave him my seat, you have never seen so many people stand up at once then.

Manners cost nothing, my son was brought up with perfect manners and im proud of that.

There are a lot without manners but i think there are a lot more with

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I know chivalry isnt a dying ...but it does piss me off when you see men being chivalrous and get shot down in flames by some women....

"I know chivalry isnt a dying ...but it does piss me off when you see men being chivalrous and get shot down in flames by some women.... "

Bloody hell thats two posts youve put up today that i agree with lol. Guys just cant win sometimes. I love men

"I think chivalry is a step further than manners and I love it when I am lucky enough to be on the receiving end.

"

My lad knows to open doors, give up a seat, and to just do things that I think should be taught.

How can it be patronizing... It always makes me smile.

Cali

"I know chivalry isnt a dying ...but it does piss me off when you see men being chivalrous and get shot down in flames by some women.... "

Chivalry is the biggest turn on in a man for me

dudley

"Chivalry is the biggest turn on in a man for me "

Do you require the white charger and armour too

"Chivalry is the biggest turn on in a man for me

Do you require the white charger and armour too"

dodge charger?? yes please :D

dudley

I was bought up to stand for a lady open door etc etc etc, there is quite a long list of things that my parents expected to be carried out. But I was also taught that politeness both ways is the most important quality that a person could carry with them though life. To me it is basic requirement to respect people no matter what sex, but it is a day maker when a lady thanks you for good manners. A thank you goes along way.

dudley

dodge charger?? yes please :D"

Not sure if they do them in white lol

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

I always try to be chivalrous to women, opening doors, giving way to them in a corridor etc etc.

Until one day at work when a senior woman manager accused me of being sexist for opening a door and allowing her to pass through first!!

I was actually summoned to a meeting with HR over this incident and although nothing came of it, I was told in no uncertain terms to forget about being gracious to females and let them take care of themselves.

What organisation is this? Why the NHS of couse!

"Is there any chivalry left in this world. Do men still know the art of chilvary. Ie, opening doors for women, walking past a woman on the road side of the path, even letting a woman go before you in a queue. Saying that, do women know when a man is being chivalrous.

I walked past a woman today on the road side of her and I got a very strange look because I actually had to move across the width of path to do so.

Please don't tell me chivalry is a dying art......."

its 2012, do women still want or expect that?

thats kind of how i see it

If a guy walked thro a door before me id expect he to hold it open for me because he has manners and would do it for everyone, as do i, not because im a woman, if a guy is walking thro a door and he turns round and sees another guy is it ok for him to shut it in his face?

dudley

"I always try to be chivalrous to women, opening doors, giving way to them in a corridor etc etc.

Until one day at work when a senior woman manager accused me of being sexist for opening a door and allowing her to pass through first!!

I was actually summoned to a meeting with HR over this incident and although nothing came of it, I was told in no uncertain terms to forget about being gracious to females and let them take care of themselves.

What organisation is this? Why the NHS of couse!"

Question is who is to blame for this attitude

"Is there any chivalry left in this world. Do men still know the art of chilvary. Ie, opening doors for women, walking past a woman on the road side of the path, even letting a woman go before you in a queue. Saying that, do women know when a man is being chivalrous.

its 2012, do women still want or expect that? "

I most certainly do and i dont think i could be with anyone who wasnt like that now

I most certainly do and i dont think i could be with anyone who wasnt like that now"

Im not saying people should'nt be polite, im saying men should open doors for others, let other pass by first etc to everyone as its basic manners be the other peson a man or a woman, not do it for me because im a woman

I most certainly do and i dont think i could be with anyone who wasnt like that now

Im not saying people should'nt be polite, im saying men should open doors for others, let other pass by first etc to everyone as its basic manners be the other peson a man or a woman, not do it for me because im a woman

"

But i dont count things like that as chivalry, just good manners. I said in my other post i open doors for people and help people. But i love good old fashioned chivalry that is done just because im a woman

dudley

But i dont count things like that as chivalry, just good manners. I said in my other post i open doors for people and help people. But i love good old fashioned chivalry that is done just because im a woman"

As in coat over puddle or the helping you out of car sort of thing. Just in case we ever meet

But i dont count things like that as chivalry, just good manners. I said in my other post i open doors for people and help people. But i love good old fashioned chivalry that is done just because im a woman

As in coat over puddle or the helping you out of car sort of thing. Just in case we ever meet "

Yes exactly that sort of thing. Its only cause ive been so spoilt with it all lol

Forum Mod

So does this mean its everyman for himself when it comes to a sinking ship?

I like manners,I have them and I use them and I expect the same in return from both sexes

I don't demand chivalry but I would'nt turn it down either,Its old fashioned but its also lovely

dudley

As in coat over puddle or the helping you out of car sort of thing. Just in case we ever meet

Yes exactly that sort of thing. Its only cause ive been so spoilt with it all lol"

I have three sisters and they all expect to be treated like a lady especially by their brother

Yes exactly that sort of thing. Its only cause ive been so spoilt with it all lol

I have three sisters and they all expect to be treated like a lady especially by their brother"

Good for them

dudley

I have three sisters and they all expect to be treated like a lady especially by their brother

Good for them"

It is important to treat people right especially family or what chance as anyone else got

Good for them

It is important to treat people right especially family or what chance as anyone else got"

Funny thing is since ive been with jay, he actually does let me do more stuff. A lot of it is age related though. First time we went out and i got up to go to the bar to get a drink he was gob smacked.

Not sure if they do them in white lol"

google it... they do lol white dodge charger classic...

dudley

Good for them

It is important to treat people right especially family or what chance as anyone else got

Funny thing is since ive been with jay, he actually does let me do more stuff. A lot of it is age related though. First time we went out and i got up to go to the bar to get a drink he was gob smacked. "

To be fair to jay I would have been to if he has asked you out he pays

dudley

Not sure if they do them in white lol google it... they do lol white dodge charger classic... "

You mean you do not want a shiny new one

Def do it in orange

Good for them

Funny thing is since ive been with jay, he actually does let me do more stuff. A lot of it is age related though. First time we went out and i got up to go to the bar to get a drink he was gob smacked.

To be fair to jay I would have been to if he has asked you out he pays"

lol, i wasnt paying, just going to fetch them lol. Even now 5 years on he doesnt like me paying for stuff but i do sometimes

dudley

Good for them

To be fair to jay I would have been to if he has asked you out he pays

lol, i wasnt paying, just going to fetch them lol. Even now 5 years on he doesnt like me paying for stuff but i do sometimes"

Been married and could not have told you color of wife's purse or how much she earnt and to be honest never really bothered to find out.

Not sure if they do them in white lol google it... they do lol white dodge charger classic...

Def do it in orange"

really i'd want it in black and old but if a man is bringing a white charger then who am i to complain if its new or old :D

dudley

Not sure if they do them in white lol google it... they do lol white dodge charger classic...

Def do it in orange

really i'd want it in black and old but if a man is bringing a white charger then who am i to complain if its new or old :D"

If memory serves me right very limited room in back

Def do it in orange

really i'd want it in black and old but if a man is bringing a white charger then who am i to complain if its new or old :D

If memory serves me right very limited room in back "

Bench seat in the front lol not that i have thought about it or anything

By *kyblue2681Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Chivalry and good manners are defiantly an attractive trait for a guy to have but if a guy shows chivalry towards me its only polite to thank them and not many do either. I've help doors open for people before who are my elders and should know better and have no acknowledgment for it not even a smile which annoys the hell out of me but i still do it as my mum taught me to do so. and im teaching my son to do this and he does a lot already including banging shopping and carrying the shopping bags and he's only 13 and it makes me a very proud mum when people comment on how polite he is

dudley

Def do it in orange

If memory serves me right very limited room in back

Bench seat in the front lol not that i have thought about it or anything"

Could always have a full length sunroof fitted for leg room

dudley

"Chivalry and good manners are defiantly an attractive trait for a guy to have but if a guy shows chivalry towards me its only polite to thank them and not many do either. I've help doors open for people before who are my elders and should know better and have no acknowledgment for it not even a smile which annoys the hell out of me but i still do it as my mum taught me to do so. and im teaching my son to do this and he does a lot already including banging shopping and carrying the shopping bags and he's only 13 and it makes me a very proud mum when people comment on how polite he is "
good on him

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

my children have perfect manners and im proud that they have,i hate to see bad manners

"I know chivalry isnt a dying ...but it does piss me off when you see men being chivalrous and get shot down in flames by some women.... my children have perfect manners and im proud that they have,i hate to see bad manners "

Well done you.

I like everyone to have good manners and respect for other people. I treat everyone the same, no matter who they are. Managers, friends, dustbin men, whoever. Everyone deserves respect.

On an unrelated note, is it just me but isn't it mental to be reading a serious thread like this... And then scrolling down all of a sudden someone's profile pic of a cock or a close up someone's pussy makes it all very surreal??!!!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

So what do if you know he has done it just because your a woman?

I always say "please" before I push it in, and "thank you" when I pull it out

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

After reading this and finding it insightful....

In an effort to be a gentleman, I stood aside and held the door open for my girlfriend. Two minutes later she said, "Can you please close the door while I'm having a wee ?"

» Add a new message to this topic