FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Robbing bastards!

Robbing bastards!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

I dont mind people making money in business, thats the general idea....

And, I even defended bankers when all that kicked off.... they aint all bad, says I, what naieve fool I was!!

Jayne decided she had enough of her bank being complete nobbers about her loan, she had PPI on it but they wouldnt pay up when she had two weeks off work after a car accident, so she decided to cancel it, and claim it back.

So, we dug out the documents, got a claims company involved (fekkin robbing bastards too, a tad under 30% to fill in a few forms and send a couple of letters!!) and now we find out (Jayne aint great with figures) just how much all this has cost us.... take the initial loan amount, and by the time the PPI is calculated, and then added to the total AT THE BEGINNING.... and then the interest FOR THE WHOLE AMOUNT is calculated..... we are paying 2.36 times the origional amount!!!!!

I'll say it again.... robbing, theiving swindling banker bastards!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah ppi claims companoes are rip off merchants would recommend anyon to contact the bank first and start the process off if it gets rejected the ombudsman usually finds in your favour

PS used to work as a temp doing admin work for PPI section of a bank paid the bills

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I would check out the claims company wanting 30% as i dont think they normaly take it out of your settlement but i might be wrong

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know not everyone is good with figures....but as a general rule it is rather simple........

take monthly payment and multiply it by number of months repayment is for......ie 350 per month for 5 years = 350 x 60 = 21000

subtract initial loan from total above.....and there you have the amount of interest you are paying

many 'customer advisors' at banks are on commission....so basically the more they can screw you for.....the more they make

in desperate times we often ignore the amount of interest we shall pay......and cant see beyond the success of getting approved for the loan

brecon

[Removed by poster at 30/03/12 21:00:43]

brecon

"I would check out the claims company wanting 30% as i dont think they normaly take it out of your settlement but i might be wrong"

Nope.... either we claim it direct from the bank ourselves, in which case they just deduct the amount off the loan, or we get a company to do it, in which case they take 29.4% of whatever they get back!

Myself.... I wanted to tell the claims company to get shagged, but its Jayne's decision, so thats whats happening....

I cant blame her for not wanting to deal with her bank any more, they have dicked her around, told her complete crap, such as if she wants to cancel her PPI of the repayments, the repayments go up??? So, at least this way she gets back a lump sum to take the sting out of how she has been treated.

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

go to Martin Lewis on loan and they have template documents and its something you can do yourself without involving companies

x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"go to Martin Lewis on loan and they have template documents and its something you can do yourself without involving companies

x"

this is exactly what i was just about to say........ martin lewis, moneysavingexpert.com

brilliant for stuff like this... i have been ermming about claiming myself as i think it was so far back and i don't have any of the original documents

» Add a new message to this topic