FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Panic Mania!

Panic Mania!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The current panic buying of fuel is down to selfish people. There is no shortage of fuel and no strike, yet some people have no respect for others. 99% of people who sat in a queue were panic buying and all because they were too thick to realise the actual situation. If a strike were to take place, 7 days notice has to be given, but the selfish gits out there just have to ruin for everyone else. Absolutely pathetic!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"The current panic buying of fuel is down to selfish people. There is no shortage of fuel and no strike, yet some people have no respect for others. 99% of people who sat in a queue were panic buying and all because they were too thick to realise the actual situation. If a strike were to take place, 7 days notice has to be given, but the selfish gits out there just have to ruin for everyone else. Absolutely pathetic!"

you are wrong.

its all down to thatcher closing the mines, aliens and the devolution of the Scottish parliament

"The current panic buying of fuel is down to selfish people. There is no shortage of fuel and no strike, yet some people have no respect for others. 99% of people who sat in a queue were panic buying and all because they were too thick to realise the actual situation. If a strike were to take place, 7 days notice has to be given, but the selfish gits out there just have to ruin for everyone else. Absolutely pathetic!

you are wrong.

its all down to thatcher closing the mines, aliens and the devolution of the Scottish parliament"

Selfishness is a terrible trait.

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

aliens... sigourney weaver was involved too?

Wolf

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"The current panic buying of fuel is down to selfish people. There is no shortage of fuel and no strike, yet some people have no respect for others. 99% of people who sat in a queue were panic buying and all because they were too thick to realise the actual situation. If a strike were to take place, 7 days notice has to be given, but the selfish gits out there just have to ruin for everyone else. Absolutely pathetic!

you are wrong.

its all down to thatcher closing the mines, aliens and the devolution of the Scottish parliament"

I actually think its because of the Fab forums...

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

my friend is in derby for a family wedding and fuel is very short there

mullinwire

"my friend is in derby for a family wedding and fuel is very short there "

thats due to gravity, though

By *nytimeadeMan  over a year ago

Skegness

I blame Driving instructors ....and test examiners , i think the government should ban anyone else from learning to drive .. and wasting fuel ..FCUK UM 'let them walk, so i can have plenty of fuel all to my self ....

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

The BBC ran an article yesterday including "quotes" from those in the queues. One thing stood out clearly, just how selfish the people quoted were. Nobody had a valid reason except theirs which were oh so important. Not.

It's gonna be fun when it really does start to run out.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

It's gonna be fun when it really does start to run out. "

Does make me wonder indeed...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"my friend is in derby for a family wedding and fuel is very short there "

yes it is.. its added 45 mins to my school run over the last two days too.. as the petrol stations all seem to be on roundabouts.. and they have been blocked off with people trying to get into the petrol station.

Cali

mullinwire

"

The BBC ran an article yesterday including "quotes" from those in the queues. One thing stood out clearly, just how selfish the people quoted were. Nobody had a valid reason except theirs which were oh so important. Not.

It's gonna be fun when it really does start to run out. "

which actually supports the view that it would happen whether the government said anything or not.

we now live in a me me me society, and it sickens me to my back teeth

bastards they are all these panic buyin, i had to join the queue twice to fill my car up.

No Tanker strike til at atleast after easter if indeed even then! No need whatsoever to panic buy and help retailers to profiter! People just need to get a grip! chill folks..

I am happy to wait until I am desperate for fuel it's a shame every single driver doesn't have the same attitude.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"bastards they are all these panic buyin, i had to join the queue twice to fill my car up."

Were they not there then to do the same as you? i.e. fill their cars up with fuel!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

wasnt my fault .. I only half filled my tank on wednesday.

mullinwire

"I am happy to wait until I am desperate for fuel it's a shame every single driver doesn't have the same attitude."

agreed.

friday/saturday is my day for fuel and it was a ballache.

and the trouble i had to grab a tenners worth last night to ensure i could get to work was unbelievable.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"The current panic buying of fuel is down to selfish people. There is no shortage of fuel and no strike, yet some people have no respect for others. 99% of people who sat in a queue were panic buying and all because they were too thick to realise the actual situation. If a strike were to take place, 7 days notice has to be given, but the selfish gits out there just have to ruin for everyone else. Absolutely pathetic!"

Which is it, selfish or thick?

I disagree that it is all down to that.

The advice given by people who should know better triggered it and then even the sensible people who didn't want to stock-up started to have no choice as others rushed to the pumps.

Yesterday I was down to the last 8th of a the tank and had no intention to fill up, never mind panic buy........ yet after passing 15 petrol stations across 3 counties which had run out of diesel, it seemed prudent to fill up to the brim when I eventually found one with some diesel left.

It is all well and good saying there will be another delivery, but people who rely on their cars and vans to earn money can't sit around putting off work until the tanker turns up.

So, the words of a few and the actions of a minority are in many cases forcing sensible non-selfish people to alter their behaviour.

The advice given by people who should know better triggered it and then even the sensible people who didn't want to stock-up started to have no choice as others rushed to the pumps.

Yesterday I was down to the last 8th of a the tank and had no intention to fill up, never mind panic buy........ yet after passing 15 petrol stations across 3 counties which had run out of diesel, it seemed prudent to fill up to the brim when I eventually found one with some diesel left.

It is all well and good saying there will be another delivery, but people who rely on their cars and vans to earn money can't sit around putting off work until the tanker turns up.

So, the words of a few and the actions of a minority are in many cases forcing sensible non-selfish people to alter their behaviour."

As I said selfish and thick - selfish because they are not thinking of others and thick because even though they were informed there was no strike they went ahead and panic bought anyway. I am not selfish and would never act the way some twats have this week.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am just bored shitless of the subject altogether.

Tayside

"I am just bored shitless of the subject altogether."

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"bastards they are all these panic buyin, i had to join the queue twice to fill my car up.

Were they not there then to do the same as you? i.e. fill their cars up with fuel! "

I thought the post was tongue in cheek

So, the words of a few and the actions of a minority are in many cases forcing sensible non-selfish people to alter their behaviour.

As I said selfish and thick - selfish because they are not thinking of others and thick because even though they were informed there was no strike they went ahead and panic bought anyway. I am not selfish and would never act the way some twats have this week. "

So you think those who needed to know they would have fuel, who filled up earlier than usual to ensure they have the fuel when they need it because they can see what others are doing, are thick?

I'd feel thick if I had waited just to prove a point and then couldn't get any the day I needed it.

It will calm down in a day or two for a while, as people won't use the fuel they wouldn't normally have bought and will be buying less to keep the car topped up. But in the intrim, it's better to be safe than sorry.

if its like this with fuelthen god help us if we had a real calamity!!!! cos one thing is obvious .... people just dont care about each other nowdays

Tayside

"bastards they are all these panic buyin, i had to join the queue twice to fill my car up.

Were they not there then to do the same as you? i.e. fill their cars up with fuel!

I thought the post was tongue in cheek "

It's hard to tell with all the threads on the same subject, I'm just amazed that everyone else is panic buying apart from the posters who have to Q behind them.

mullinwire

"if its like this with fuelthen god help us if we had a real calamity!!!! cos one thing is obvious .... people just dont care about each other nowdays "

Rationing ..... mark my words!

As I said selfish and thick - selfish because they are not thinking of others and thick because even though they were informed there was no strike they went ahead and panic bought anyway. I am not selfish and would never act the way some twats have this week.

So you think those who needed to know they would have fuel, who filled up earlier than usual to ensure they have the fuel when they need it because they can see what others are doing, are thick?

I'd feel thick if I had waited just to prove a point and then couldn't get any the day I needed it.

It will calm down in a day or two for a while, as people won't use the fuel they wouldn't normally have bought and will be buying less to keep the car topped up. But in the intrim, it's better to be safe than sorry."

They are thick because despite being informed there was no strike they panic bought.

It will calm down in a day or two for a while, as people won't use the fuel they wouldn't normally have bought and will be buying less to keep the car topped up. But in the intrim, it's better to be safe than sorry.

They are thick because despite being informed there was no strike they panic bought."

Yeah that's right... everyone who filled up panic bought.

Shame more cars haven't been converted to run on alcohol fumes... there'd be a few around here who'd never have to worry about running out.

They are thick because despite being informed there was no strike they panic bought.

Shame more cars haven't been converted to run on alcohol fumes... there'd be a few around here who'd never have to worry about running out."

Erm I did stay right at the start that 99% were panic buying - get your specs on.

there is more than enough to go around if people just bought at their normal levels. A friend of mine works at a garage, and there are regualrs coming in who barely buy £20 worth, but are filling up with £60 and a jerry can, even though they only do a school run. what annoys me the most is the profiteering of the garages, fuel has gone up 4p a litre this week at my local petrol station.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"if its like this with fuelthen god help us if we had a real calamity!!!! cos one thing is obvious .... people just dont care about each other nowdays "

Nowdays?......you really think this is something new....people not caring about each other?

This 'I'm alright Jack' thing has been snowballing for the last Thirty years.

And we haven't got anywhere near reaching the tip of this iceberg...

By *ANWIDGESCouple  over a year ago

DONCASTER

mines full and I have got about 10ltrs of crisp and dry if all else fails...

Shame more cars haven't been converted to run on alcohol fumes... there'd be a few around here who'd never have to worry about running out.

Erm I did stay right at the start that 99% were panic buying - get your specs on."

And I'd say your guess or stab in the dark at that % is off the mark..... seeing as most petrol stations which did run out had only seen a 10-20% rise in sales. Petrol stations don't stock massive reserves of fuel, it isn't cost effective for them to do it, they order based on sales trends... that is where I get my stats from, where did you pluck the 99% from?

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

They are thick because despite being informed there was no strike they panic bought."

And you think people actually believe what they are told by politicians anymore - even if they are telling the truth.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

And you think people actually believe what they are told by politicians anymore - even if they are telling the truth. "

Obviously lots going by the amount of queues at petrol stations.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Damn you Ruggers, you posted on something that is boring the hell out of you...sit on your hands woman !!

think i might get a diesel audi/vw with one of those 800 mile tanks, then i can drive around looking all smug

Torquay

"

And you think people actually believe what they are told by politicians anymore - even if they are telling the truth.

Obviously lots going by the amount of queues at petrol stations."

You beat me to it....

And the government knew EXACTLY that, that there were great swathes of the public that would panic buy....the only thing they never reckoned on was that they would receive the backlash and not the Union in the dispute.

I should imagine the government advisor who first suggested this tactic is getting his arse kicked as we speak....

You notice they didn't kick it all off when there was a free gift with purchase offer on

Erm I did stay right at the start that 99% were panic buying - get your specs on.

And I'd say your guess or stab in the dark at that % is off the mark..... seeing as most petrol stations which did run out had only seen a 10-20% rise in sales. Petrol stations don't stock massive reserves of fuel, it isn't cost effective for them to do it, they order based on sales trends... that is where I get my stats from, where did you pluck the 99% from?"

99% is quoted in several newspapers and was reported on the news. 99% thick selfish twats who thought that if they didn't fill their vehicles with fuel other people would get their first.

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

it doesn't bother us to be honest but and a big BUT we do not have to traval far for work, schools etc YET i can completely understand those who have to traval far for work feeling they need to make sure there tank is full.

And I'd say your guess or stab in the dark at that % is off the mark..... seeing as most petrol stations which did run out had only seen a 10-20% rise in sales. Petrol stations don't stock massive reserves of fuel, it isn't cost effective for them to do it, they order based on sales trends... that is where I get my stats from, where did you pluck the 99% from?

99% is quoted in several newspapers and was reported on the news. 99% thick selfish twats who thought that if they didn't fill their vehicles with fuel other people would get their first. "

Im going to put this in the nicest way possible and give a small lesson is statistics...

Demand went up by 172% for petrol that means that if 20 people usually turn up for petrol an extra 34 would have yesterday giving us a grand total of 54

34/54 x 100 = 63%

so actually it was only 63% that were being "selfish and greedy"

of course with any statistic its never that simple as you have to factor in the people that would usually have gone for petrol earlier and were finally running out which would bring the % down further still but hey dont let that stand in the way of a rant about the selfish and greedy.

The thing that shocks me most about this is actually how many people listen to government advice

"

99% is quoted in several newspapers and was reported on the news. 99% thick selfish twats who thought that if they didn't fill their vehicles with fuel other people would get their first. "

They weren't that thick then, because they were right.

Some of the highest increases in sales have topped the 80%, though they were after new deliveries following a pre-delivery out stock... initially it only took 10-20% to cause many stations to run dry if they were on the run up to a delivery date. Once you start to experience fuel running out at all of your local pertol stations it is no longer a stupid thing to fill up when you can.... more a thick thing not to.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

99% is quoted in several newspapers and was reported on the news. 99% thick selfish twats who thought that if they didn't fill their vehicles with fuel other people would get their first.

Some of the highest increases in sales have topped the 80%, though they were after new deliveries following a pre-delivery out stock... initially it only took 10-20% to cause many stations to run dry if they were on the run up to a delivery date. Once you start to experience fuel running out at all of your local pertol stations it is no longer a stupid thing to fill up when you can.... more a thick thing not to."

correct,the very essence of panic buying.

"

Some of the highest increases in sales have topped the 80%, though they were after new deliveries following a pre-delivery out stock... initially it only took 10-20% to cause many stations to run dry if they were on the run up to a delivery date. Once you start to experience fuel running out at all of your local pertol stations it is no longer a stupid thing to fill up when you can.... more a thick thing not to."

I prefer to think about others and I personally knew there was and still is no reason to panic. I can still get petrol, albeit looking for an available petrol station or filling up at an alternative hour. Fuel is not due to run out, only thick twats think it is.

"

I prefer to think about others....."

Then thank you for think of me....... I'm happy with my full tank.

By *asonMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Don't worry guys....cars will soon be able to run on the power of orgasms so we are all safe

"

I prefer to think about others.....

Then thank you for think of me....... I'm happy with my full tank."

And so am I, but only when it was needed.

Forum Mod

"Don't worry guys....cars will soon be able to run on the power of orgasms so we are all safe "

How soon? I could run a tank then

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Don't worry guys....cars will soon be able to run on the power of orgasms so we are all safe "

oh shit.

Leicestershire

I bought my solitary one gallon for my lawnmower on Wednesday night. I'll be able to mow my lawn for a whole year, that is if it gets enough water to actually grow, that is...

Wolf

Forum Mod

"I bought my solitary one gallon for my lawnmower on Wednesday night. I'll be able to mow my lawn for a whole year, that is if it gets enough water to actually grow, that is...

Wolf

"

This has made me laugh!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Damn you Ruggers, you posted on something that is boring the hell out of you...sit on your hands woman !!"

Tut tut tut. Ruggers away to the naughty corner with you!

So long as there is petrol when I get to my 1/4 tank Im not arsed. Yes I am ashamed to say it, but I'm all about me and mine, the same as every other fecker is nowadays.

(Noticed I said every other, and not everyone)

Its a shame that you have to look after your own, but when others dont give a toss it makes me think twice.

What an easy way for the government, fuel companies and any unscrupulous union officials to make a fast buck.

Just put the story out that there could be a fuel strike/shortage and Hey Presto, sell a month or more fuel in one week.

Whats the bet it'll be sorted without a strike but before it is the money keeps rolling in.

Just a thought.

XXXX

Leicestershire

"What an easy way for the government, fuel companies and any unscrupulous union officials to make a fast buck.

Just put the story out that there could be a fuel strike/shortage and Hey Presto, sell a month or more fuel in one week.

Whats the bet it'll be sorted without a strike but before it is the money keeps rolling in.

Just a thought.

XXXX"

my crystal ball has come back from the cleaners today, so hang on... the mists are clearing...

...am getting a flashback to Northern Rock

Wolf

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Some of the highest increases in sales have topped the 80%, though they were after new deliveries following a pre-delivery out stock... initially it only took 10-20% to cause many stations to run dry if they were on the run up to a delivery date. Once you start to experience fuel running out at all of your local pertol stations it is no longer a stupid thing to fill up when you can.... more a thick thing not to.

I prefer to think about others and I personally knew there was and still is no reason to panic. I can still get petrol, albeit looking for an available petrol station or filling up at an alternative hour. Fuel is not due to run out, only thick twats think it is."

Can I have your petrol ?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"

I prefer to think about others and I personally knew there was and still is no reason to panic. I can still get petrol, albeit looking for an available petrol station or filling up at an alternative hour. Fuel is not due to run out, only thick twats think it is."

I find it offence you calling anyone "thick twats" .. do you work for oil refinerys or or do you deliver to petrol stations?

Torquay

"

I prefer to think about others and I personally knew there was and still is no reason to panic. I can still get petrol, albeit looking for an available petrol station or filling up at an alternative hour. Fuel is not due to run out, only thick twats think it is.

Can I have your petrol ? "

Sorry Granny....only 'Thick Twats' qualify.....

"

Can I have your petrol ? "

For god's sake don't let her siphon it in the kitchen!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"What an easy way for the government, fuel companies and any unscrupulous union officials to make a fast buck.

Just a thought.

XXXX"

But people won't use more fuel because of this, less if any change! So the money they get in now will fall off as people get back to their old habits!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Can I have your petrol ?

For god's sake don't let her siphon it in the kitchen!"

I'm not sure petrol fumes are any more hazardous than meths. Mind you ....... the whiff is marginally more pleasant than Diamond White.

Think I will blame the telegraph poles... punctured the ozone layer or something....

hope it all settles down in the next week, got a car 5 motorcycles and a chainsaw need filling up!

» Add a new message to this topic