FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Quick question..

Quick question..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know if the change to the 1989 Children Act(the one giving fathers more rights, basically) has gone through yet? I've just had a look at directgov, and it's still saying that fathers are screwed..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's probably the best place to look. Sorry.

Ah well. Cheers anyway

Fathers do have rights, even more so if you have parental responsibility for you kids, any father is just as responsible for the welfare of their kids as the mother is.

Oh, I know I have parental responsibility(kids born 2005/2006).. Just concerned about the line where it states that parental responsibility doesn't equal right to contact for the non-resident parent.

Some people are, unfortunately, perfectly willing to use the letter of the law(if not the spirit that it's intended), for their own ends.

I was under the impression that the recent change would concede the right to access to the non-resident parent. Ah well, perhaps the page hasn't been updated yet, or the change hasn't actually gone through yet. Will keep checking, and/or see if I can scrounge together the pennies necessary to ask a solicitor.

Cheers folks

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Oh, I know I have parental responsibility(kids born 2005/2006).. Just concerned about the line where it states that parental responsibility doesn't equal right to contact for the non-resident parent.

Some people are, unfortunately, perfectly willing to use the letter of the law(if not the spirit that it's intended), for their own ends.

I was under the impression that the recent change would concede the right to access to the non-resident parent. Ah well, perhaps the page hasn't been updated yet, or the change hasn't actually gone through yet. Will keep checking, and/or see if I can scrounge together the pennies necessary to ask a solicitor.

Cheers folks "

Ask CAB or relate in your town usually clued up

" Ask CAB or relate in your town usually clued up

"

Citizens Advice is the best first port of call...

Good luck...;-)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

Try here, this is were all UK laws live.

They also show proposed changes etc etc.

Always best to go to the source.

Ooh, nice one! Ta very much

Some solicitors have free advice clinics, check your local yellow pages

"http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

Try here, this is were all UK laws live."

*Adds to favourites...* Cheers...;-)

"Ooh, nice one! Ta very much"

Try contacting families need fathers... They can be a great source of advice.. a contact order can be got quite easy and cheaply if you know how.. and can easily be done without a solicitor.

Good luck.

Cali

"Some solicitors have free advice clinics, check your local yellow pages"

All solicitors are suppose to give a free consultation, of course it suites them, bit like a quote for a job really.

They see what the issues are, do I want to take the case and how much money can they make out of it

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Oh, I know I have parental responsibility(kids born 2005/2006).. Just concerned about the line where it states that parental responsibility doesn't equal right to contact for the non-resident parent.

Cheers folks "

My understanding is that "father's rights" to see children will NOT be enshrined in law anytime soon, if at all. Same with Grandparents.

Shame all around really.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

To the OP and others,

IF you use a solicitor for Children Act or divorce matters, try go to a member of RESOLUTION, supposedly non-confrontational lawyers.

Google will bring up more information.

Frigging. Legends, the lot of you. Cheers all

" Frigging. Legends, the lot of you. Cheers all "

"

My understanding is that "father's rights" to see children will NOT be enshrined in law anytime soon, if at all. Same with Grandparents.

Shame all around really. "

Not according to my solicitor in my divorce... I was told to not be seen to be doing anything that could be shown to be preventing the kids or he may well not only get his access but custody too.

The courts now if possible favour 4days with one parent and 4 days with the other.. if you get cafcas involved this is what they will suggest.. but only works if you live close enough to the other parent.

I cant link to the places I want to.. but just pop in fathers rights into google. and you will get lots of places that can help

cali

» Add a new message to this topic