FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No Left Turn?

No Left Turn?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appyTrancer OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I've noticed a few junctions recently in and around Bristol where the council are preventing cars from turning left on the basis that pedestrians are crossing.

I don't get it at all. The junctions are all signal controlled with pedestrian crossing buttons (not zebra style), so I don't see the benefit of screwing up peoples journeys, increasing petrol consumption and pollutant generation.

Do we have any traffic planning people on the site that would care to comment, cos it's fucking winding me up! Why the hell can they not sort the lights out so that pedestrians can cross in their own time and drivers can turn down roads they want to turn down, ensuring their journeys are as short and efficient as possible???

Fuckwits!

HT

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Logic and the Highways agency are two diverse entities.

Rather than actually remodel the aged junctions, which involves money and intelligence, they divert traffic away from one junction towards another... which will in turn become overused...;-);-)

By *appyTrancer OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

All very true Eurotongue, but these junctions have had renovations (i.e. months of roadworks) only a month or two ago! You'd have thought they'd have sorted the signals when they installed the things.

People are directed not to turn left by temporary yellow A-board signs. does that count as a lawful direction or just a suggestion? lol

HT

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Will you stop thinking logically... The Highways agency dont think at all... Ever...

They are one part of a collective group of Fuckwits called the planning department... who are as likely to come up with a plan as Baldrick...;-)

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

So this thread is NOT about Wishy?

How disappointed am i?

» Add a new message to this topic