FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hitting the trails

Hitting the trails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After a year or so out of the hard trail running scene I m back on it..used to run over 26ers upto 50 miles but meltdown stopped it but now worried I ll be getting ankle sores from my ass cheeks sagging so back on it and loving it...What about you fabbers people..have you returned to a past pleasure and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I hate trail running. So worried about falling and hurting myself. Not helped by my friend doing a run in Wales, falling and splitting her knee open from one side to the other!

I'm trying to get back into thinking again though. Think I need to sign up to a 10k to give me a target.

"I hate trail running. So worried about falling and hurting myself. Not helped by my friend doing a run in Wales, falling and splitting her knee open from one side to the other!

I'm trying to get back into thinking again though. Think I need to sign up to a 10k to give me a target. "

Go for it..trail running is very focused unlike road running..every footfall needs to be looked at and checked in a millisecond...I have to be careful as I broke a tendon in my left shoulder whilst running in mountains. .can't afford to fall hard on it again...thinkings good...enjoy

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I hate trail running. So worried about falling and hurting myself. Not helped by my friend doing a run in Wales, falling and splitting her knee open from one side to the other!

I'm trying to get back into thinking again though. Think I need to sign up to a 10k to give me a target.

Go for it..trail running is very focused unlike road running..every footfall needs to be looked at and checked in a millisecond...I have to be careful as I broke a tendon in my left shoulder whilst running in mountains. .can't afford to fall hard on it again...thinkings good...enjoy "

That's not the best advert

I don't lift my legs high enough for trails.

Go for it..trail running is very focused unlike road running..every footfall needs to be looked at and checked in a millisecond...I have to be careful as I broke a tendon in my left shoulder whilst running in mountains. .can't afford to fall hard on it again...thinkings good...enjoy

That's not the best advert

I don't lift my legs high enough for trails. "

Don't suppose it is but in its defence it was washed out, fogged out conditions carrying huge rucksack..sooooo don t carry a sack and run in sunny clear days...sorted...on beaches, soft landing.....lifting feet up high enough is often what catches roadrunner on switching to trail

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"After a year or so out of the hard trail running scene I m back on it..used to run over 26ers upto 50 miles but meltdown stopped it but now worried I ll be getting ankle sores from my ass cheeks sagging so back on it and loving it...What about you fabbers people..have you returned to a past pleasure and why? "

Only took up running a year and a bit ago and so far done a 10k half marathon and a trail run, out off all of them that was the most enjoyable. Wasn’t sure about it as i was going around the course or when I just finished but by the following day I’d thought about it and what an experience, something about running through the woods with light rain and the only sounds are rivers and other runners footsteps was very relaxing

"After a year or so out of the hard trail running scene I m back on it..used to run over 26ers upto 50 miles but meltdown stopped it but now worried I ll be getting ankle sores from my ass cheeks sagging so back on it and loving it...What about you fabbers people..have you returned to a past pleasure and why?

Only took up running a year and a bit ago and so far done a 10k half marathon and a trail run, out off all of them that was the most enjoyable. Wasn’t sure about it as i was going around the course or when I just finished but by the following day I’d thought about it and what an experience, something about running through the woods with light rain and the only sounds are rivers and other runners footsteps was very relaxing "

Nice one bud..I find the focus and the natural surroundings an absolute must..find road running bad on bones and boring plus it does mean you re breathing fumes..keep on running mate

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"After a year or so out of the hard trail running scene I m back on it..used to run over 26ers upto 50 miles but meltdown stopped it but now worried I ll be getting ankle sores from my ass cheeks sagging so back on it and loving it...What about you fabbers people..have you returned to a past pleasure and why?

Only took up running a year and a bit ago and so far done a 10k half marathon and a trail run, out off all of them that was the most enjoyable. Wasn’t sure about it as i was going around the course or when I just finished but by the following day I’d thought about it and what an experience, something about running through the woods with light rain and the only sounds are rivers and other runners footsteps was very relaxing

Nice one bud..I find the focus and the natural surroundings an absolute must..find road running bad on bones and boring plus it does mean you re breathing fumes..keep on running mate "

Took up trail running a couple of years ago, particularly evening head torch runs.

I'm not into ultras or great distances, but it's all about being outside, up hill and down dale, through the woods and along the dunes

I do a fair bit of trail running but non of it is overly technical. I'm surrounded by fields, woods and brilliant network of footpaths and bridlepaths so that's where I do a lot if my running. Entered a trail ultra next year so may need to up my game!

I backpack with about 30lbs weight. walking with poles making sure I don't fall.

Sex. Sex was a past pleasure for me. I hadn’t practiced it in over a decade. I’m enjoying it very much.

I'm back cycling and I jolly well adore it .

Getting heaps of miles and hills in . It's splendid

I've come back to cycling to take a break from my hills , being in the hills with out pooch was making me glum

Cycling has put a smile back on my face

"I'm back cycling and I jolly well adore it .

Getting heaps of miles and hills in . It's splendid

I've come back to cycling to take a break from my hills , being in the hills with out pooch was making me glum

Cycling has put a smile back on my face "

Hey understand the pooch state of mind, I did same when I lost mine..stopped walking for a while..wasn t the same...my daughter was my best buddy..fantastic you're back cycling

"I backpack with about 30lbs weight. walking with poles making sure I don't fall. "

Nice one..never got on with poles personally

"I do a fair bit of trail running but non of it is overly technical. I'm surrounded by fields, woods and brilliant network of footpaths and bridlepaths so that's where I do a lot if my running. Entered a trail ultra next year so may need to up my game!"

Ooh which ultra and what's the miles on it...they do require training but good nutrition..stay natural rather than chemical quick release energy stuff..enjoy

"Sex. Sex was a past pleasure for me. I hadn’t practiced it in over a decade. I’m enjoying it very much. "

Totally get this..was in a sex less relationship for 17 years..now making up for it with gf

Nice one bud..I find the focus and the natural surroundings an absolute must..find road running bad on bones and boring plus it does mean you re breathing fumes..keep on running mate

Took up trail running a couple of years ago, particularly evening head torch runs.

I'm not into ultras or great distances, but it's all about being outside, up hill and down dale, through the woods and along the dunes "

True..distance isn t the core of it..it's being amongst nature, enjoying the energy and pushing without darned near killing yourself...ultras came natural to me but then I ve always been a physical person naturally..that is my one true strength..everything else takes work for me lol but in among nature....I'm at home

"I backpack with about 30lbs weight. walking with poles making sure I don't fall.

Nice one..never got on with poles personally "

I thought poles were a bit silly at first. But they steady you along the way and they also keep your upper frame active and fitter. I watch every step I take to avoid a fall. Did the Pennine way this year.

Backpacking really works on your inner fat. And within a week or so your junk is all lined up, and your system doing nicely. I think it's where the expression 'get your shit together' came from.

I met a lot of trail runners and it's a demanding sport.

But there's race horses and work horses.

"I backpack with about 30lbs weight. walking with poles making sure I don't fall.

Nice one..never got on with poles personally

I thought poles were a bit silly at first. But they steady you along the way and they also keep your upper frame active and fitter. I watch every step I take to avoid a fall. Did the Pennine way this year.

Backpacking really works on your inner fat. And within a week or so your junk is all lined up, and your system doing nicely. I think it's where the expression 'get your shit together' came from.

I met a lot of trail runners and it's a demanding sport.

But there's race horses and work horses."

Very true..guess for me being military trained with packing big weights poles never came into it as hands had rifle and we learned to use the swing etc of our arms and our body to keep balance..but each to their own..world would be miserable place if we all did the same things same way lol

"I do a fair bit of trail running but non of it is overly technical. I'm surrounded by fields, woods and brilliant network of footpaths and bridlepaths so that's where I do a lot if my running. Entered a trail ultra next year so may need to up my game!

Ooh which ultra and what's the miles on it...they do require training but good nutrition..stay natural rather than chemical quick release energy stuff..enjoy "

Snowdon 24. I'd like to get six summits in but think that will be a big ask although I'm quietly confident I can do 5. Thankfully there's a base camp and I gave a support crew (well my girlfriend!) so nutrition should be relatively easy

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Trail running great but dog shit is my enemy..

"I do a fair bit of trail running but non of it is overly technical. I'm surrounded by fields, woods and brilliant network of footpaths and bridlepaths so that's where I do a lot if my running. Entered a trail ultra next year so may need to up my game!

Ooh which ultra and what's the miles on it...they do require training but good nutrition..stay natural rather than chemical quick release energy stuff..enjoy

Snowdon 24. I'd like to get six summits in but think that will be a big ask although I'm quietly confident I can do 5. Thankfully there's a base camp and I gave a support crew (well my girlfriend!) so nutrition should be relatively easy"

Tough but great event...well worth it...love running north Welsh mountains

Snowdon 24. I'd like to get six summits in but think that will be a big ask although I'm quietly confident I can do 5. Thankfully there's a base camp and I gave a support crew (well my girlfriend!) so nutrition should be relatively easy

Tough but great event...well worth it...love running north Welsh mountains "

We have no real hills round here so I'm really not sure how I'm going to prepare for it! I'm hoping to get a place at Cader Idris next spring as that will give me a better idea of what I've let myself in for!!

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I prefer trail running to roads but not great on hills

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Tough but great event...well worth it...love running north Welsh mountains

We have no real hills round here so I'm really not sure how I'm going to prepare for it! I'm hoping to get a place at Cader Idris next spring as that will give me a better idea of what I've let myself in for!!"

Cader is probably tougher than snowdon tbh as the trails are softer in poorer weather

Snowdon is mainly on rock / tracks which makes it easier

» Add a new message to this topic