FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Depression

Depression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hate suffering with it some days are great but the days your down it really really sucks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustafasinghMan  over a year ago

leicester

Well that’s lovely topic to talk about...

By *iz78Woman  over a year ago

wirral

"Well that’s lovely topic to talk about..."

This is an open forum. People can start a topic on whatever they wish.

How dare you belittle someone whi us clearly reaching out in their dark time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depression is something that isn't talked about enough

By *acktar74Man  over a year ago

leeds

If people dont talk about it. It becomes worse.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Never mind I’m sorry I even said anything now

"Hate suffering with it some days are great but the days your down it really really sucks"

I do think this is true for everyone though. Life can’t be all hunky dory and happy all the time .

I think those who suffer from depression and those who are just down (so all of us at some point) should realise that we are not alone. Remember, bad days are a normal part of life and are incredibly challenging for all of us. Hence the importance of supporting each other

Why comment if the topic doesn’t interest you?

"Never mind I’m sorry I even said anything now"

Fuck that guy. Been through it myself, talking helped me out alot, I don't know your situation but I was lucky enough to have some good friends to drag me out of it. Life still isn't perfect now, but i've got a much better outlook on things

By *ister-mischiefMan  over a year ago

Trafford

It's a topic that is not talked about enough.

I'm glad you posted it mate.

My Mrs suffers terribly at times and I just dont know what to do for her, she wont tell me why. But just says, I dont know, i just feel down. All i can do is be there for her.

Do you have anyone to talk to OP?

[Removed by poster at 29/10/19 14:32:13]

Don’t be, it’s best to talk, don’t let it dwell. I’ve seen first hand how depression can seriously affect a person, if it isn’t discussed openly and without judgement/prejudice.

Some people fail to see how talking is the first step, and a very important step, on the road to recovery.

Don’t think like this just because of one response. There are enough of us here who understand and are happy to talk to you

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

You have NOTHING to apologise for.....

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Speak away mate.

Pm me if you need any advice. I went through a bad patch myself and also supported a mate last year who was going through a real bad patch.

Don’t you worry about one post.

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

ayr

"Well that’s lovely topic to talk about...

Depression is something that isn't talked about enough"

By *harliebbwWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hate suffering with it some days are great but the days your down it really really sucks"

there is always a reason to fight so keep fighting. there will be light. x

I hope you have good friends/family to spend time with ... talking doesn't work for a lot of people so reach out in your way

By *llNatural36FWoman  over a year ago

Denbighshire

Nobody should ever need to apologise for speaking out about any mental health.What fantastic posters on this thread, we all go through phases where things become a struggle.

I've been diagnosed for nearly 20 years and it's a relief to know that it can be managed and there's light after the dark struggles.

Keep your chin up op and lean on your support

Never apologise for talking about your feelings. Have been depressed and in a very dark place myself but making that hard first step of opening up does help it's a long road back to being you but with right help and support it can be done. And going by a lot of the messages here theres help from people you dont even know

That’s right show support to someone suffering. Lots of men suffer depression and comments like that really don’t help.

Hugs OP it's a horrible thing to go through but try and tell yourself it's only temporary and try some self care, eat well, shower even if you don't feel like it stay in bed and watch crap on TV, do what you need too to get through it, it will pass xx

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hugs to you xxxx

Ignor the ignorant mate, i was very low last week, and unwittingly reached out on another forum post to which a couple of people pm'd me and really helped me in my hour of need. Dont deal with it alone a problem shared and all that... also just because its a swinging site doesnt mean we cant all support eachother.

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

Never apologise for talking mental health out loud. As others have said, doesn’t get talked about enough and unfortunately us gents are the worst culprits! Sent you a PM, feel free to reply or delete at your leisure OP.

Be well

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Its something thst needs to be out in the open more and tslked about and some steps are being taken there.

I have and still suffer with depression and having domeone to turn to to talk to is what I find helps me in my darkest moments x Storm x

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Don't EVER be sorry for expressing what you feel... it keeps you strong and going forward!

Hope the dark cloud lifts soon xx

It's good to let the pain out.

Better than bottling up.

Be kind to yourself.

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman  over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

Not cool!

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Yes it sucks but as you say some days are great never forget that

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

When you've started to live life, you might understand what OP is going through and be more empathetic.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Sorry to hear you're not having the best of times. Hopefully it will pass soon

From one to another, most people have been there, I was diagnosed 10yrs ago, I've had counselling and the best thing I learnt is " it WILL pass " I have tremendous anxiety attacks and I use the same method.

talking, even if you dont know where to begin just talk.

You will find that you are not alone, the black dog sits with most of us at some point!

It's hard when you dont know why!!!!

If you ever need a blow out chat just message me OP!

Dont ever feel alone!

I have some really bad days and at the moment things aren't good. Life just seem to be on a downwards spiral and I can't kick it.

"I have some really bad days and at the moment things aren't good. Life just seem to be on a downwards spiral and I can't kick it."

I wonder if this is linked to the time of year and weather as a lot of people are feeling like this atm....

"I have some really bad days and at the moment things aren't good. Life just seem to be on a downwards spiral and I can't kick it.

I wonder if this is linked to the time of year and weather as a lot of people are feeling like this atm...."

More linked to family problems that are getting worse

Wishing you well OP and hoping you get the support you need.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to anyone suffering from mental health difficulties. Battling your own mind every day is exhausting, and being determined to keep going through that is nothing short of courageous.

"I have some really bad days and at the moment things aren't good. Life just seem to be on a downwards spiral and I can't kick it.

I wonder if this is linked to the time of year and weather as a lot of people are feeling like this atm....

More linked to family problems that are getting worse"

Ahh that eternal bringer of joy, anger and depression- family. Well if you want to talk you know you can pm me...

"Sending hugs and good thoughts to anyone suffering from mental health difficulties. Battling your own mind every day is exhausting, and being determined to keep going through that is nothing short of courageous. "

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Tough topic. Hang in there dude, you’ve recognised it for what it is - a down day.

Better days will come.

Do what you can to care for yourself in the meantime.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'd never wish depression on my worst enemy, it is horrible to go through.

However people like this, I'd make an exception. They need to go through it to understand why saying shit like this is so damaging.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Hi op. Dont let one negative comment put you off. If you type mental health or depression into the search box you will see many threads with help and advice on them

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

East London

When I feel depressed I like to eat food

People like this is why I don’t talk about it.

OP, you’ll get through this. Take some time for yourself and see if you can find something to distract your mind

However people like this, I'd make an exception. They need to go through it to understand why saying shit like this is so damaging. "

Hey OP. Ignore that ignorant poster. Some people just don't get it.

Just remember your not alone and the forums are full of us that do get it. Don't bottle it up. Talking is good.

Sending you strength to boost you up a little

By *renchadventureCouple  over a year ago

France Bergerac

However people like this, I'd make an exception. They need to go through it to understand why saying shit like this is so damaging.

"

Couldn't agree more.

Having been there myself (Mr) and still have down days now. Life gets better when you surround yourself with the right people. For me it took moving country making new friends, and leaving behind a bad lifestyle. Things will get better op, our thoughts are with you buddy.??

you talk about if as much as you want, it never really goes away I've always been open about having depression in the past , chatting is always good

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Music helps I find.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0tV8pOpiNsKqUys0ilUcXz?si=kwOEQkzcSoCuN_eRP3lgbA

Depression is usually a year long blank of instability and torture in my life. It comes, destroys, leaves. I have the added stress of picking up the pieces afterwards. The nhs are also incredibly unhelpful and patronising. Useless bunch of hypocritical, little devious ar*eholes.

If you’re genuinely depressed, seek medication from a psychiatrist. The only thing that psychology, and the other therapist teams will offer is: “spirituality” and, walking....

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

This past week has been very difficult for us, my (her) daughter has mental health problems and tried to end her life last week, leaving a suicide note addressed to me ("mam").

Thankfully my daughter is still alive and physically is well although mentally and emotionally needs help. She has been receiving help from the NHS and I can't complain about the help or support given, even though she tried to end her life a few days ago.

This latest episode in my daughter's life has in no doubt traumatised and stressed me and our family, and we will continue to support her and each other through her illness.

People need to talk about mental health problems without judgement or feeling ashamed... even on this site!

We should all take our own mental wellbeing seriously and show compassion and support to those who struggle or those like us two (C and P) who are impacted by it from someone we love.

Sending a hug to those who need one.

Xx

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"This past week has been very difficult for us, my (her) daughter has mental health problems and tried to end her life last week, leaving a suicide note addressed to me ("mam").

Thankfully my daughter is still alive and physically is well although mentally and emotionally needs help. She has been receiving help from the NHS and I can't complain about the help or support given, even though she tried to end her life a few days ago.

This latest episode in my daughter's life has in no doubt traumatised and stressed me and our family, and we will continue to support her and each other through her illness.

People need to talk about mental health problems without judgement or feeling ashamed... even on this site!

We should all take our own mental wellbeing seriously and show compassion and support to those who struggle or those like us two (C and P) who are impacted by it from someone we love.

Xx

"

And hugs back to you, and your daughter. Glad that she is getting help, not a short journey but it helps.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"This past week has been very difficult for us, my (her) daughter has mental health problems and tried to end her life last week, leaving a suicide note addressed to me ("mam").

Xx

And hugs back to you, and your daughter. Glad that she is getting help, not a short journey but it helps. "

Thank you so much

Here if you need a chat

I’ve had dark times and still struggle sometimes when I just feel very flat. It helps to know you’re not alone when feeling like that. Sending a big hug to the people above who’ve been there or are there or who have said some really supportive things.

And I’m happy to talk and listen anytime to anyone who wants to x

» Add a new message to this topic