FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 99.9%

99.9%

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Why can't dettol(other products as well) make a cleaner that kills 100% of bacteria.

Domestos (used to say) kills all known germs. I always think If they succeeded get yhour act together dettol.

What tends to grind your gears in adverts ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because if they did then they wouldnt be able to bring out the new improved formula for twice the price

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Back when I did my A Levels we went to a lecture about the psychology of advertising. Apparently the tagline for Anadin of "Nothing acts quicker" is allowed because it's not technically a lie but it is decieving as nothing acts slower either. They all work at the same speed.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Back when I did my A Levels we went to a lecture about the psychology of advertising. Apparently the tagline for Anadin of "Nothing acts quicker" is allowed because it's not technically a lie but it is decieving as nothing acts slower either. They all work at the same speed. "

Sorry it's acts faster not quicker.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

That in a test of 72 women 54 said they saw an improvement in a certain skin care product on their skin.....

Yes just use a moisturiser, and moisturiser and you'll see an improvement

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Mr. Muscle.

Loves the jobs you hate.

I left it with my taxes for like an hour and it bitched about it the entire time. Such bullshit.

99.9% of things get on my nerves

"Why can't dettol(other products as well) make a cleaner that kills 100% of bacteria.

Domestos (used to say) kills all known germs. I always think If they succeeded get yhour act together dettol.

What tends to grind your gears in adverts ? "

the advert fullstop

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Mr. Muscle.

Loves the jobs you hate.

I left it with my taxes for like an hour and it bitched about it the entire time. Such bullshit."

Lol!! Mrs x

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"99.9% of things get on my nerves "

I'd so wished you'd said 99.9% of things get on your tits ... I'd have been the 0.1 and made it 100%.

"99.9% of things get on my nerves

I'd so wished you'd said 99.9% of things get on your tits ... I'd have been the 0.1 and made it 100%. "

I just really laughed, good answer 2good

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Back when I did my A Levels we went to a lecture about the psychology of advertising. Apparently the tagline for Anadin of "Nothing acts quicker" is allowed because it's not technically a lie but it is decieving as nothing acts slower either. They all work at the same speed. "

Its because if you took nothing you would get the exact same result as its all a placebo..

They also had double strength that was the exact same as the origanal but cost more and had different packaging.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I never knew bladder leak underwear could be this pretty"

"because you're worth it"

99.9% is the germs we know about..... the 0.1% is stuff that science hasn’t found yet....so they aren’t really lying....they are just saying they can’t prove it kills the stuff they don’t know about.

tho one of my lecturers reckoned it was closer to 0.2%.....

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Moorish

And

New and improved.

We need germs to build up our immune system. Removing 99.9% is more harmful than benefitial.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Why can't dettol(other products as well) make a cleaner that kills 100% of bacteria.

I used to work at the Dettol manufacturing site and once asked the same question to one of the Senior managers.

Simply, to satisfy advertising guidelines in a lot of countries, not just the UK, not one product can kill EVERY GERM 100%

Regardless of what product is made globally, not one can fully eradicate germs or dirty organisms.

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

Kills all known germs.. Known to who exactly?? If someone proved it didnt kill a germ then they can just say oh well we didnt know about that germ but it kills all the ones we do know about.

Its like when places or businesses advertise Voted No1. Who exactly was doing the voting?

Was it your 2 best friends and next door neighbour?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What tends to grind your gears in adverts ?

Kills all known germs.. Known to who exactly?? If someone proved it didnt kill a germ then they can just say oh well we didnt know about that germ but it kills all the ones we do know about.

Its like when places or businesses advertise Voted No1. Who exactly was doing the voting?

Was it your 2 best friends and next door neighbour?

"

if it kills only the germs I know about its not a very good product

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Known to germacologists of course.

(Note: i may have made that word up).

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

99% is good enough - just smack the dirty area with a hammer to get the last little bastard...

By *hesterXXXMan  over a year ago

in your dreams

"That in a test of 72 women 54 said they saw an improvement in a certain skin care product on their skin.....

Yes just use a moisturiser, and moisturiser and you'll see an improvement "

This!

Why choose such a random number of people? And then claim that 70 or 80% is an amazing success rate? 20-30% of your customers have wasted their money.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"We need germs to build up our immune system. Removing 99.9% is more harmful than benefitial."

This ^

Because germs are constantly Multiplying and becoming more clever so the products that would kill them no longer work so manufacturers have to continually change their formula to ensure they can beat the bacteria however there is always that fraction that is ahead of them.

Leicestershire

"We need germs to build up our immune system. Removing 99.9% is more harmful than benefitial."

I totally agree.

I don't remember all these food in tolerances, allergies and asthma sufferers when I was growing up.

I really do think we've gone too far with this whole germicide thing.

Leicestershire

"

Why choose such a random number of people? And then claim that 70 or 80% is an amazing success rate? 20-30% of your customers have wasted their money. "

They do it to manipulate percentage success rates - it's easier to get 80% of 53 people than 80% of 100 people.

As soon as an advertiser starts talking percentages, walk away...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I Imagine that they wish to have a realistic claim about the product to be made but also to reduce legal liability.

By *houldibedoingthis!Man  over a year ago

london

John Lewis "Never knowingly undersold". That grinds my gears

By *ay19720Man  over a year ago

Ashford kent

If it cleaned 100% you wouldnt need as much..lol

Plus its a product they want u too buy...

Lemon juice and vinegar is best natural cleaning method.

» Add a new message to this topic