FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Narcissism report in today's news

Narcissism report in today's news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wosunlovers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Witney

I wonder what fabbers think of the report today on the BBC that narcissists, even though "horrible", are happier than the rest of us. I suppose much depends on what is defined as "happy".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That'll be why the Tory party are always smiling.

I used to date one. He was happy because he was blissfully unaware

Mrs

Tbf think they generally are! Though what a lot of people think are narcissists are really just selfish people and they never seem as happy hahahahahahahaha

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No, they are tormented souls.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 29/10/19 22:18:59]

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

They probably are happier, i know it's deemed depressed people are more realistic and that's why they are depressed. It makes sense that someone oblivious to reality, with no empathy for others, who has delusions of grandeur, is happier than most everyone else.

Look at how depressing most peoples lives are and how we feel sad at homelessness, abuse of miniroties and vulnerable people, in work poverty, people taking the piss, people not letting others have the right to be themselves,etc...now if you couldn't empathise with that obviously you are gonna be more happy.

I don't like how this is trying to be seen as beneficial, you need empathy to be able to raise children and participate with others. But ages ago people were trying to treat sociopaths by making them see the benefits of being narcissistic in a way that did help others, i think now they've just thought 'fuck it' and they cba to even try and integrate them into society coz being a self serving prick is positive apparently.

"Tbf think they generally are! Though what a lot of people think are narcissists are really just selfish people and they never seem as happy hahahahahahahaha "

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Well... they do get to spend every hour of every day in the company of the person they love the most.

I hear that's quite nice.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Having been married to one for 13 years I can quite imagine it's easier to be happy when you don't give a shit about anybody else.

» Add a new message to this topic