FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who are you calling fat?

Who are you calling fat?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone else watched this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Chesterfield

I should audition for one of those things.

"I should audition for one of those things. "

Me too ! Lol

near Chesterfield

Can we be room buddies? Lol

We should show them the 'F-plan' diet.

"Can we be room buddies? Lol

We should show them the 'F-plan' diet. "

Fries?

near Chesterfield

Fries? "

Try again - F___

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

East London

Oooph... what did I walk in on here

near Chesterfield

A quiz. Lol

Fries?

Try again - F___"

Frankfurters!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's it about

near Chesterfield

Fries?

Try again - F___

Frankfurters! "

Tut tut. There's a penalty for every time you get it wrong.

"What's it about "

Fat people, interesting program x

"What's it about

Fat people, interesting program x"

is there any sexual things in it .if not im not watching it lol (only joking x)

"What's it about

Fat people, interesting program x is there any sexual things in it .if not im not watching it lol (only joking x)"

Nothing sexual whatsoever I’m afraid!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I watched the second part. I thought the doctor in the blue shirt explained a lot about the genetic predisposition to obesity.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

"I should audition for one of those things. "

And me!

Another programme telling us fatties to do more exercise and eat less.

I hadn't thought of that thanks

"Another programme telling us fatties to do more exercise and eat less.

"

Yeah I’ve never heard that before!!!! X

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

The bit I watched wasnt like that at all. I'm going to watch the whole thing but I'll say now I thought the one representing the 'political movement' for body positivity was a bit of a prick. Apparently they don't like BMI but do like labelling each other as small medium fat people and don't believe you can be body positive but Wang to lose weight.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

The bit I watched wasnt like that at all. I'm going to watch the whole thing but I'll say now I thought the one representing the 'political movement' for body positivity was a bit of a prick. Apparently they don't like BMI but do like labelling each other as small medium fat people and don't believe you can be body positive but Wang to lose weight. "

Watched both episodes and I don't like her attitude either. Didn't like her attitude to those who wanted to loose weight either

The bit I watched wasnt like that at all. I'm going to watch the whole thing but I'll say now I thought the one representing the 'political movement' for body positivity was a bit of a prick. Apparently they don't like BMI but do like labelling each other as small medium fat people and don't believe you can be body positive but Wang to lose weight. "

She was awful, really rude to some of the others as well x

She didn’t make too many friends that woman, did she?

The bit I watched wasnt like that at all. I'm going to watch the whole thing but I'll say now I thought the one representing the 'political movement' for body positivity was a bit of a prick. Apparently they don't like BMI but do like labelling each other as small medium fat people and don't believe you can be body positive but Wang to lose weight.

She was awful, really rude to some of the others as well x"

She seemed to have absolutely no empathy what so ever... Im pretty sure mist have treid somw sortnof diet at some point... Its not about that its about mind set

Another program focusing on fat people and making us all feel shit about ourselves... like society doesn’t do a good enough job already. What pisses me off the most is that you don’t see programs belittling Anorexia and making those people suffer. Just because they are seen as frail and helpless they get left alone and given help. Us fatties get ridiculed and told to eat less exercise more... yeah like we don’t try!!!

Obesity IS an eating disorder that usually comes with some sort of body hate or mental baggage. Do people really think someone who is badly overweight REALLY wants to be like that??? No, we don’t, just the same way anorexics don’t really want to die from being underweight! BOTH are eating disorders, both carry the same or similar health risks, just on the opposite end of the sales!

An anorexic person goes to the doctors and will be given help, they will be given mental health support, even given time in a unit with constant help and advice. A fat person goes and comes out with a referral to a slimming club or dietitian and a good talking to as you how lazy we are.

I know 100% my poor eating habits are due to baggage from my childhood. I wish to god I could get help to work through that, because I know it would help my health in so many ways.

So while all you fatty haters sit and take the piss, just try and remember, no one is perfect and whilst all you see is a fat lazy good for nothing... there is so much more going on inside someone’s head!

"Another program focusing on fat people and making us all feel shit about ourselves... like society doesn’t do a good enough job already. What pisses me off the most is that you don’t see programs belittling Anorexia and making those people suffer. Just because they are seen as frail and helpless they get left alone and given help. Us fatties get ridiculed and told to eat less exercise more... yeah like we don’t try!!!

Obesity IS an eating disorder that usually comes with some sort of body hate or mental baggage. Do people really think someone who is badly overweight REALLY wants to be like that??? No, we don’t, just the same way anorexics don’t really want to die from being underweight! BOTH are eating disorders, both carry the same or similar health risks, just on the opposite end of the sales!

An anorexic person goes to the doctors and will be given help, they will be given mental health support, even given time in a unit with constant help and advice. A fat person goes and comes out with a referral to a slimming club or dietitian and a good talking to as you how lazy we are.

I know 100% my poor eating habits are due to baggage from my childhood. I wish to god I could get help to work through that, because I know it would help my health in so many ways.

So while all you fatty haters sit and take the piss, just try and remember, no one is perfect and whilst all you see is a fat lazy good for nothing... there is so much more going on inside someone’s head! "

Have you asked for counselling?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Another program focusing on fat people and making us all feel shit about ourselves... like society doesn’t do a good enough job already. What pisses me off the most is that you don’t see programs belittling Anorexia and making those people suffer. Just because they are seen as frail and helpless they get left alone and given help. Us fatties get ridiculed and told to eat less exercise more... yeah like we don’t try!!!

So while all you fatty haters sit and take the piss, just try and remember, no one is perfect and whilst all you see is a fat lazy good for nothing... there is so much more going on inside someone’s head! "

Nobody on this thread has taken the piss.

I saw the second programme last night and came away from it more informed about the genetic causes of obesity.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I have an obese BMI score, the program showed how different obese people viewed themselves and others. It was a different take on the typical documentaries on the subject. I agreed with some of the people and disagreed with others. The part of genetic predisposition was well handled and informative.

Haven’t watched it but I will.

I don’t often feel judged for being overweight, but I haven’t always been so body confident and happy in my own skin.

Ten years ago I went through a gastric band operation. It worked, I lost five stone. I looked great, felt great.

Then I had my daughter, put all the weight back on, complications with the band meant it was then useless to me.

However, I still look great, I still feel great. I’m happier and sexier than I’ve ever been in my life. Men are either attracted to me or they’re not. I’m picky, I’m not attracted to all of them !

I’m in good health, though obvs I know losing weight would make me fitter, but I walk my dog every day, work, and run around after a five year old.

Happiness, I guarantee you, is not about size or shape. It’s a cliche but women really have to get over this, support each other, not judge each other, and just hold their heard up high !!!

"Haven’t watched it but I will.

I don’t often feel judged for being overweight, but I haven’t always been so body confident and happy in my own skin.

Ten years ago I went through a gastric band operation. It worked, I lost five stone. I looked great, felt great.

Then I had my daughter, put all the weight back on, complications with the band meant it was then useless to me.

However, I still look great, I still feel great. I’m happier and sexier than I’ve ever been in my life. Men are either attracted to me or they’re not. I’m picky, I’m not attracted to all of them !

I’m in good health, though obvs I know losing weight would make me fitter, but I walk my dog every day, work, and run around after a five year old.

Happiness, I guarantee you, is not about size or shape. It’s a cliche but women really have to get over this, support each other, not judge each other, and just hold their heard up high !!!"

Heads, although we can be in a heard !!

"

Happiness, I guarantee you, is not about size or shape. It’s a cliche but women really have to get over this, support each other, not judge each other, and just hold their heard up high !!!"

I agree

I haven't seen the programme either - I hope it gives some insight on why people are overweight.

It will hopefully teach people that it isnt as simple as stop fucking eating

I don’t think the programme was in any way aiming to shame or ridicule. It was very informative and the group seemed to be supportive of each other. One lady actually openly spoke about having similar issues from childhood that you refer to, and a difficult relationship with food from a young age. I thought it mostly handled quite sensitively.

"Has anyone else watched this?"

Is it on iplayer? Can't find it on Sky.

"Has anyone else watched this?

Is it on iplayer? Can't find it on Sky."

It’s was on BBC2 last night if that helps

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Haven’t watched it but I will.

Happiness, I guarantee you, is not about size or shape. It’s a cliche but women really have to get over this, support each other, not judge each other, and just hold their heard up high !!!

Heads, although we can be in a heard !!"

Hey you can be big or smaller and be /feel sexy.....its a very complex subject obesity ....but having lost 4 stone since May by changing diet but eating well ..it has proved to me its a lot about of how you feed yourself and make little changes ....everybody comes in different shapes n sizes .....it would be a boring world if we was all the same lol....xx

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Its interesting in how they address some issues but not others and how some justified weight and others who were irritated that they were knocked for wanting to lose weight. I really felt for the guy with diabetes and some were saying not to bother the man had health issues he should have been supported not knocked.

"Has anyone else watched this?

Is it on iplayer? Can't find it on Sky.

It’s was on BBC2 last night if that helps "

Thanks

"Its interesting in how they address some issues but not others and how some justified weight and others who were irritated that they were knocked for wanting to lose weight. I really felt for the guy with diabetes and some were saying not to bother the man had health issues he should have been supported not knocked."

I found the range of views within the group quite interesting too - like when one lady said she didn’t want to know her the outcome of her genetic test as she didn’t want “another excuse to do nothing about my weight”, whereas others found it comforting and reassuring. One thing I felt it did really well was portray the emotional side of things and how a person’s relationship with food can be so complex and tied up in early life experiences. This is the main reason I watched it - it relates very closely to the type of work I do.

i really liked the guy who had surgery and the guy who had lost weight, I have type 2 diabetes so found it really interesting as well as a bit emotional! The young girl who was body positive was delusional in my opinion, she was rude and obnoxious !

"i really liked the guy who had surgery and the guy who had lost weight, I have type 2 diabetes so found it really interesting as well as a bit emotional! The young girl who was body positive was delusional in my opinion, she was rude and obnoxious ! "

Was she the one who was talking about putting everyone into categories and saying her body was “more privileged” because she had the lowest BMI of the group? Yeah, gotta say I didn’t warm to her ...

"i really liked the guy who had surgery and the guy who had lost weight, I have type 2 diabetes so found it really interesting as well as a bit emotional! The young girl who was body positive was delusional in my opinion, she was rude and obnoxious !

Was she the one who was talking about putting everyone into categories and saying her body was “more privileged” because she had the lowest BMI of the group? Yeah, gotta say I didn’t warm to her ... "

That’s the one! It was when she said ‘I hope Jed doesn’t go on a diet!’ The guy had decided he wanted get himself healthier ffs she should have wished him well x

"i really liked the guy who had surgery and the guy who had lost weight, I have type 2 diabetes so found it really interesting as well as a bit emotional! The young girl who was body positive was delusional in my opinion, she was rude and obnoxious !

Was she the one who was talking about putting everyone into categories and saying her body was “more privileged” because she had the lowest BMI of the group? Yeah, gotta say I didn’t warm to her ...

That’s the one! It was when she said ‘I hope Jed doesn’t go on a diet!’ The guy had decided he wanted get himself healthier ffs she should have wished him well x"

Yeah she did a good job of alienating herself. That other woman even got up and left the table when she was on a rant about her “privileged” body. Some people .....

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That’s the one! It was when she said ‘I hope Jed doesn’t go on a diet!’ The guy had decided he wanted get himself healthier ffs she should have wished him well x

Yeah she did a good job of alienating herself. That other woman even got up and left the table when she was on a rant about her “privileged” body. Some people ..... "

I think she probably had much deeper problems than anybody in that house.

Yeah she did a good job of alienating herself. That other woman even got up and left the table when she was on a rant about her “privileged” body. Some people ..... "

I hope Babs gets some help , I can really empathise with her ! You have a fantastic figure by the way

Yeah she did a good job of alienating herself. That other woman even got up and left the table when she was on a rant about her “privileged” body. Some people .....

I think she probably had much deeper problems than anybody in that house."

Most definitely! X

I think she probably had much deeper problems than anybody in that house."

100% agree. She was just trying to conceal them behind a facade, I felt, whilst others were able to be more open.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's an eating disorder . . . One mouth, two hands

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Watching episode 1 right now.

It is extremely interesting, especially with all of the views that are floating around the house.

I'd like to see if it changes my views on it at all based on the opinions of those going through it. I highly doubt it will be truely enlightening though due to it being made for TV, there is always a hidden agenda that supports one side over the other.

Fries?

Try again - F___"

fish

"Watching episode 1 right now.

It is extremely interesting, especially with all of the views that are floating around the house.

I'd like to see if it changes my views on it at all based on the opinions of those going through it. I highly doubt it will be truely enlightening though due to it being made for TV, there is always a hidden agenda that supports one side over the other. "

Let me know what you think

What channel? Can i watch it online?

"What channel? Can i watch it online? "

BBC2. I’m not sure if it’s available online yet...

"What channel? Can i watch it online?

BBC2. I’m not sure if it’s available online yet..."

Thanks. I will check it later

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Did you actually watch the programme?

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I watched this last night and so glad someone started a thread.

Victoria - uff. She is very passionate in what she believes in to the point where she is completely and utterly blinkered to reality. As a large body positive lady myself she makes me furious. Also if there was a drinking game for everytime she says fat positive I'd have been under the table in 10 minutes.

Other than that I like the mix of characters and their stories.

» Add a new message to this topic