FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Male hernias!

Male hernias!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xperiencedSwinger OP   Man  over a year ago

Stonehaven

Any guys have any experience of this? A few weeks ago, I discovered during my shower that I have developed a "lump" in my lower right abdomen. I'd a fair idea that it was a hernia (house alterations at present means lots of heavy lifting!!), so trotted off to the GP for confirmation. He confirmed it, and sent me to hospital to see a consultant. The consultant spent some time checking me over (and not in the way that I like!!) and stunned me when he said that I had THREE hernias - 2 X inguinal ones (one of which I had noticed) and an umbilical one as well!! I'd hit the jackpot!! I'm slim build, so was very surprised at this diagnosis. However, all will be operated on via keyhole surgery in one operation.

My main concern is that it doesn't interfere at all with my sex life in the future as that's really important to me. Can anyone tell me what, if any, effects they have experienced?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Keep an eye on it but the best thing you can do is get an appointment with a GP they will give you the best advice.

Stonehaven

Thank you. I know to watch for any pain, and am just waiting on getting the op done soon.

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"Thank you. I know to watch for any pain, and am just waiting on getting the op done soon."

You do that its intestines breaching the muscle wall you need to keep an eye out for. Good luck hope you get an opp soon.

By *cplsMan  over a year ago

Nr Waltham

I had a left inguinal hernia 25 years ago, 9 months later my baby was born.

It will slow you down for a bit, mine was very painful post op and still aches is I do a lot of abdominal straining. very neet 6" scar and 3 children and 19 years on here speaks volumes for its effect on your sex life.

Best of luck.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah you will be fine mate I've never had any problems with mine

Stonehaven

Stonehaven

"Any guys have any experience of this? A few weeks ago, I discovered during my shower that I have developed a "lump" in my lower right abdomen. I'd a fair idea that it was a hernia (house alterations at present means lots of heavy lifting!!), so trotted off to the GP for confirmation. He confirmed it, and sent me to hospital to see a consultant. The consultant spent some time checking me over (and not in the way that I like!!) and stunned me when he said that I had THREE hernias - 2 X inguinal ones (one of which I had noticed) and an umbilical one as well!! I'd hit the jackpot!! I'm slim build, so was very surprised at this diagnosis. However, all will be operated on via keyhole surgery in one operation.

My main concern is that it doesn't interfere at all with my sex life in the future as that's really important to me. Can anyone tell me what, if any, effects they have experienced? "

My fella had the same a couple of years ago , whilst awaiting surgery got the hernia belt to hold it in which made it more comfortable to live with . Had keyhole surgery a great success has no problems what so ever . Regarding affecting sex life during and after didn’t have any problems. He did watch a YouTube surgery film of the operation & very interesting what went on . Note once had the operation your nether regions will turn purple due to bruising but does pass after a few days , basically don’t worry all will be fine

Stonehaven

Thank you for the warning about the bruising!! I hadn't thought of that. Am having to use s hernia support at the moment. Not as sexy as a suspender belt in a woman, though!!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Had a hernia repair done when I was 19. Had a mesh repair. It’s nice and simple mate. Did mine playing footie. Great scar bit tender for a while so take it easy.

I had one and it healed itself but it obviously wasnt too bad

Mine was in my groin

Stonehaven

"Any guys have any experience of this? A few weeks ago, I discovered during my shower that I have developed a "lump" in my lower right abdomen. I'd a fair idea that it was a hernia (house alterations at present means lots of heavy lifting!!), so trotted off to the GP for confirmation. He confirmed it, and sent me to hospital to see a consultant. The consultant spent some time checking me over (and not in the way that I like!!) and stunned me when he said that I had THREE hernias - 2 X inguinal ones (one of which I had noticed) and an umbilical one as well!! I'd hit the jackpot!! I'm slim build, so was very surprised at this diagnosis. However, all will be operated on via keyhole surgery in one operation.

My main concern is that it doesn't interfere at all with my sex life in the future as that's really important to me. Can anyone tell me what, if any, effects they have experienced? "

Literally just found the same lower right abdomen..

Drs here we come...

By *oah VailMan  over a year ago

Dover

I had a similar shower discovery after doing some serious DIY about ten years ago. Trip to the doctor’s, then a scan confirmed it.

Surgery waiting times at that point were eighteen weeks, but I was offered the option of going on a cancellation list, which I took. Actually had my surgery after about six weeks. Took about six or seven weeks to recover, but I was conscious of it for quite a long time afterwards.

I found that it got progressively more uncomfortable in the weeks between first noticing the lump and the surgery, so I was pleased to not have to wait the full eighteen weeks.

As for my sex life? No issues to report as far as the hernia is concerned.

By *ir Cum SizzedMan  over a year ago

Malton

Had one many years ago, never had any pain with it. Had it operated on and been fine ever since.

By *awtybikerMan  over a year ago

Barnoldswick

Had one in my early 20s, it stopped me from passing my medical to go into the RAF. I had keyhole surgery about 6 months later. Was able to drive my car a week later, and travelled to New York 3 weeks after the op. And I’ve never had any more problems with it.

By *iving GirthMan  over a year ago

Fareham

Just had one done in November, it’s a routine op, in and out in 4hrs, like a bloody conveyer belt. They recommend 2 weeks off work, I had 3. Regards to sex life I was back on it after my 3rd week. Best of luck, don’t stress be fine

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

I had mine done years ago but was the old mesh repair , keyhole surgery was just starting to be used and is a lot quicker healing process as opposed to the old way where I had about a month off. As regards to sex life no problems what so ever

Great reading that its pretty simple, ive just discovered mine and as yet causing no issue, has anyone had one for a period of time before having surgery/ or not at all?

Stonehaven

I had inguinal hernia repairs done on both sides last May. The one on the right was the most prominent lump. I hadn't noticed the left hand one! Both repaired at once in a 3-hour operation via keyhole. Masses of bruising afterwards from belly button downwards (cock and balls as well)!! So be aware of that but mostly cleared in a week. Discomfort after the operation wasn't too bad at all and settled after a few days. 9 months on and I've totally forgotten all about it!! No pain or discomfort at all. So much better than having to wear a support. Anyone worried about the operation should know that it is well worth going through. Sex??!! It's brilliant!! No discomfort there either and all is in full working order!!

» Add a new message to this topic