FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Flounce

The Flounce

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I’ve been here too long; cease to be surprised when I see the same things recurring on the forum (different names, same stories) and either I have become fussier or I have finally learned that I am worth a bit more than splash and dash offered to me.

There are few things I want to get off my chest before I leave you all:

1. Reverse snobbery – I had never experienced this until joining Fab. It’s a peculiar thing, especially when coupled with accusations of ‘envy’ – sometimes in the same post!

2. Polarised politics – Fab opened my eyes to politics discussed in a way that is alien to me. I used to enjoy political debates but as the discourse has become more polarised, here and out there, it has become much harder to switch off from it on Fab. I appreciate the creation of a separate forum, it has helped avoid the worst of it but still people manage to bring party politics to the lounge. For those who naively decry identity politics I suggest you have a long hard look at the world. All politics is identity politics.

3. Racism – I’ve given up trying to explain what racism is and I won’t bother here now – I’ve covered it enough on Fab. Everyone is a little bit racist (some considerably more than others). If you’re claiming you aren’t racist in any way, shape or form please just look at your own casual thoughts, decisions and the language you use. If that fails to help you see what I mean then take the Harvard bias test (Project Implicit). It is skewed to the USA but the results will hold up for the UK too. I am dog tired of reading white people tell me just what they think of me and calling me racist for calling out their racism. I am the worst thing in the Fab and online world: an old uppity woman of colour. I’m also tired of the fetishising of colour.

4. Misogyny – Roll up, roll up! Here every day. It has shocked me how much I have seen from other women.

5. And the other isms and phobias – Well, where there is one the others seem to want to keep it company. I could write a treatise on all that I have seen on Fab but I know there are others better placed to cover the other subjects.

6. Words and grammar – I love words. Using long words isn’t a crime and I know I have learned new words simply because someone used a word I hadn’t come across before. Equally, correcting grammar can be done in a helpful way or in a mean way. Years ago, I explained to a forumite why ‘should/would/coud of’ was incorrect. No one had ever told them. In 20 years or so ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ will be considered correct, I am sure, but we’re not quite there yet.

Onto sex, or lack thereof; I get very few messages that aren’t variations of FAF, most not as polite as that. I don’t have much luck when I send the first message. The reason for being here is to try and have enough sex to help satisfy my libido. The creativity with ages and photos has meant that I have had meets where I have been slack-jawed at what was in front of me. Or, my more common experience of being second, third or lower on a potential meet list and I only find out when I check in that the meet is still going ahead. I’m a great (maybe adequate) one-off, scratch-the-itch fuck but not more than that.

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”

I have stayed so long because of the kindness I see, and experience, from time to time. I have stayed for the socials and friendships. I have stayed for the discussions, the joint telly and national events. I have stayed because I am bonkers and Fab has shown me that I am not as bonkers as I might sometimes think. I have stayed because I think I can do it another way and I will suddenly appear more alluring, more interesting and will finally get that MMF I have been trying to arrange for nearly 5 years.

I want to thank Rugby for remembering the anniversary of my son’s death – that level of kindness touched me at a time I needed it.

Mr Man has been longest standing friend here. I love him so please turn the light out when he asks you to so that he can sleep.

Thank you for your kindness to me and if you have been one of those who have taken pleasure in poking me with a shitty stick I hope you never forget which end has the shit on it.

I promised I would keep my profile open all year. I will keep that promise and may even reply to the good, the bad and the ugly responses to this before I hide. I will slip away when you’re not looking. Or change my mind and be back in a year.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

TLDR Version:

I’m more than a bit bonkers. I’m the common denominator so, it’s me not you – except where it’s you!

Thanks for the socials, telly, games and occasional sex.

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best. I really loved meeting you at the MLS and thought you were great fun. If this place isn't working for you then do what you need to do xxx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry to see you go. And more sorry given what you've written here, because it deserves a standing ovation.

Here's to Lickety.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Dreadful puns and double entendres that people slip in

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ll miss you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Aww I will miss you Lickety, you was lovely and welcoming to me at my first STP. I wish you luck in your future endeavours, and hope you find what you’re searching for. Take care of yourself x

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

So long and thanks for the stockings

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

We have never spoken but I have really enjoyed your thoughts, input.

I wish you all the very best. You know where to find this wonderdul, crazy forum family if you miss us.

Take care Belle x

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Ah your input, your lovely way with words, your common sense and your way of lighting up a room with or without a battery box down your top will be missed by this Northern bird.

Love and luck to you dear Lickety x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Lickety, thank you for everything. From being there when I really struggled with no pressure, to listening to my ramblings about work and Adonis belts. Your wise words and recommendations have been much valued and appreciated. You once said to me that I was exactly someone's type and that's really stuck with me. Not because of who it was about but because it came from you. You saw something in me I didn't at the time and helped me find confidence again. Also, I've never had someone guess my profession accurately before! Still tickles me to this day. Stay as sharp and as switched on as you are.

You're a wonderful friend and an amazing woman, it's a real pleasure knowing you. I truly hope you find what makes you happy and all that you deserve.

xx

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Do what is best for you Lickety, where ever your journey takes you, take care and all the best.

Haven’t known you long my sweet but it’s been a blast. Human nature will not change and your list was probably valid 20 years in the past and will still be relevant 20 years in the future.

Hope you find what you need my lovely.

Fuck the haters don't leave

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Lickety I will miss you! Your warm heart and kinds words will stay with me. I enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you. I will miss your comments on the forums and your smiles at the socials. You are a wonderful person inside and out. I wish you the absolute best xx

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Blimey... I'd only just got back and now you're gonna split.

I wish you fair sailing and happy times.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Now this is a shame

Wishing you all the best. Was lovely to meet you at the MLS x

Laters

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Dear lovely Lickety you are legendary and I am sure that you will be remembered with great affection from anyone who has met you.

I personally feel so very sad that you have decided to call it a day and my fingers are crossed that after a break you'll return as ebullient, educated and cheerful as ever or I hope you will!

Thanks for the memories and all the very best wishes for the future. Xx

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

That’s a long winded way to ask for a pity fuck

Always enjoyed reading your posts, so hope you come out of lurkination at some point- if not, have a ‘so long- and thanks for all the fish’ as a leaving gift

All the best for the future! I've really enjoyed discussing things in the forum with you (and backing you up when I can!).

I'm in

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I'll be sad to see you leave. Was a blast discussing Bake Off with you x

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I wish you all the very best Lickety.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I’ve been here too long; cease to be surprised when I see the same things recurring on the forum (different names, same stories) and either I have become fussier or I have finally learned that I am worth a bit more than splash and dash offered to me.

There are few things I want to get off my chest before I leave you all:

1. Reverse snobbery – I had never experienced this until joining Fab. It’s a peculiar thing, especially when coupled with accusations of ‘envy’ – sometimes in the same post!

2. Polarised politics – Fab opened my eyes to politics discussed in a way that is alien to me. I used to enjoy political debates but as the discourse has become more polarised, here and out there, it has become much harder to switch off from it on Fab. I appreciate the creation of a separate forum, it has helped avoid the worst of it but still people manage to bring party politics to the lounge. For those who naively decry identity politics I suggest you have a long hard look at the world. All politics is identity politics.

3. Racism – I’ve given up trying to explain what racism is and I won’t bother here now – I’ve covered it enough on Fab. Everyone is a little bit racist (some considerably more than others). If you’re claiming you aren’t racist in any way, shape or form please just look at your own casual thoughts, decisions and the language you use. If that fails to help you see what I mean then take the Harvard bias test (Project Implicit). It is skewed to the USA but the results will hold up for the UK too. I am dog tired of reading white people tell me just what they think of me and calling me racist for calling out their racism. I am the worst thing in the Fab and online world: an old uppity woman of colour. I’m also tired of the fetishising of colour.

4. Misogyny – Roll up, roll up! Here every day. It has shocked me how much I have seen from other women.

5. And the other isms and phobias – Well, where there is one the others seem to want to keep it company. I could write a treatise on all that I have seen on Fab but I know there are others better placed to cover the other subjects.

6. Words and grammar – I love words. Using long words isn’t a crime and I know I have learned new words simply because someone used a word I hadn’t come across before. Equally, correcting grammar can be done in a helpful way or in a mean way. Years ago, I explained to a forumite why ‘should/would/coud of’ was incorrect. No one had ever told them. In 20 years or so ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ will be considered correct, I am sure, but we’re not quite there yet.

Onto sex, or lack thereof; I get very few messages that aren’t variations of FAF, most not as polite as that. I don’t have much luck when I send the first message. The reason for being here is to try and have enough sex to help satisfy my libido. The creativity with ages and photos has meant that I have had meets where I have been slack-jawed at what was in front of me. Or, my more common experience of being second, third or lower on a potential meet list and I only find out when I check in that the meet is still going ahead. I’m a great (maybe adequate) one-off, scratch-the-itch fuck but not more than that.

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”

I have stayed so long because of the kindness I see, and experience, from time to time. I have stayed for the socials and friendships. I have stayed for the discussions, the joint telly and national events. I have stayed because I am bonkers and Fab has shown me that I am not as bonkers as I might sometimes think. I have stayed because I think I can do it another way and I will suddenly appear more alluring, more interesting and will finally get that MMF I have been trying to arrange for nearly 5 years.

I want to thank Rugby for remembering the anniversary of my son’s death – that level of kindness touched me at a time I needed it.

Mr Man has been longest standing friend here. I love him so please turn the light out when he asks you to so that he can sleep.

Thank you for your kindness to me and if you have been one of those who have taken pleasure in poking me with a shitty stick I hope you never forget which end has the shit on it.

I promised I would keep my profile open all year. I will keep that promise and may even reply to the good, the bad and the ugly responses to this before I hide. I will slip away when you’re not looking. Or change my mind and be back in a year.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”

"

It's December, I'm hiding as per.

I've only logged on for one reason; your flounce.

Long awaited, deeply worded and said with conviction.

You know my thoughts, you know my feelings, (I've told you enough times) you have my very best wishes for all that life outside of Fab brings you.

My friend.

Thank you again.

I'll miss you.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"That’s a long winded way to ask for a pity fuck

"

I'm hoping that you weren't aiming that comment at my post? If you were then you might want to look at my profile and then rethink who needs the pity fuck!

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"That’s a long winded way to ask for a pity fuck

I'm hoping that you weren't aiming that comment at my post? If you were then you might want to look at my profile and then rethink who needs the pity fuck! "

Pull your neck in, this thread isn’t about you....I hadn’t even noticed your existence on it

Bravo with an emphatic applause.

Inspired.

Letting go is the hardest thing ever I've found. Those who do it are on a journey, and I think yours will touch many.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I'm hoping that you weren't aiming that comment at my post? If you were then you might want to look at my profile and then rethink who needs the pity fuck!

"

That was lovely... really touching

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I’m truly sorry you’re leaving. It was a pleasure to chat with you at the mls and you absolutely radiate warmth and integrity. You’re a beautiful human and I hope you find what you’re looking for. X

By *lap.n.tickleCouple  over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

Awwww lickety I'm going to miss you so very much. I still remember the kindness you shown me when I 1st joined all them many many years ago. Some legends will live on and you sweet are definitely 1 that will never die in my mind. I wish you luck and good health my friend. Bladey xxxx

Dearest Lickster,

Thank you. Thank you for many things.

Your time for one, you take time to not only reply to people but to explain your replies. You give reason, and reason gives understanding.

Thank you for your caring. It's easy to tell it's authentic and that means a lot to many.

Thank you for your sharing. Your openness is heartfelt and I'm certain many many people have felt less lonely knowing they're "not the only one" over lots of different things.

Thank you for your humanity. You remind me to be a better person when I've got my cunt head on.

Thank you for being welcoming, understanding, brutally honest when needed, you're a good human Lickster, thank you for being you

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

xx

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

You're nice.

I definitely enjoyed the times that we were in the same room together.

You're wrong about politics though. All politics is class politics.

The personal is political.

As you were.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Op I love you, sadly you don't

All the best, LS. We never talked much, but you seemed nice.

Thanks for the kind messages on here.

Mavis got a bun fight. I want one too.

Fab needs a mass delete button for photos.

Yes, I was hoping for a pity fuck. Where's my fucking pity fuck, eh?

I flaunted my bits and got 3 Fabs. I'm clearly rubbish at this.

Get over yourself love!

By *omesticflightMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Totally on-board with your 6 points. I do despair with a lot of the forum I see.

Keep on keepin' on

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Thanks for the kind messages on here.

"

Who's Mavis?

Also, you buy pasties. I admire that in people.

"Thanks for the kind messages on here.

"

*flings Chelsea buns*

I'll give you a pity fuck if you give me one. Warning: it will be crap.

"Get over yourself love!"

Thank you. You and the other two I could predict keep it real.

I'll flounce my way and keep it within the rules.

A sad day. There aren't many level headed people on here. I'll miss your comments. All the best. X

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Always go your own way. It's the route to peace.

Rather hope you decide to stay. No reason other than anyone who can write so eloquently with such insight and passion should be seen heard and allow their words to flow freely....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Peace and love Lickety, the site will be a little bit poorer without you..

I hope that 2020 is he year you find some peace and can move forward. Will always remember you for the shoes.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Oh kindred spirit. Your words are apposite and well said. I adore you. Let’s meet up for some tea and cake this coming year. X

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You're my dream fab co-user Lickety, I respect you and trust that you will do what's right for you. Thank you for sharing these thoughts and for being you amongst us. I'm very touched, thank you so much.

Don't be going just yet, there's a Rap Battle coming in about a week and I promise I'll use lots of big words as usual...

B

Wishing you all the very best and much happiness Lickety. It’s my loss that we never had and I didn’t endeavour to create the opportunity to meet up. I’ll miss your candour, clarity of thought and valuable contribution to the forum. Go well.

Laters good luck

I read everything you wrote in the opening post - I will miss you even though I've only just come back - I remember you with great fondness for being an articulate kind beautiful woman and I don't want you to leave - is there a chance if I start a petition you would stay?? xx

» Add a new message to this topic