FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Vegans 3

Fab Vegans 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The previous thread got too big so starting another one.

A quick note: this thread is not only for vegans, and vegan fabbers have been happy to answer questions on veganism from people who are genuinely interested. What this thread is *not* for is people who just want to troll, or explain to us why we're wrong to be vegan, or to generally push their anti-vegan beliefs down our necks. I would respectfully ask anyone who meets any of the above criteria to enjoy the rest of the forum.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I went to Aldi today and was very impressed by their new vegan options - you can even get women's vegan trainers for £12!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve been a veggie for 35 years, slowly switching to a completely vegan diet. However just been diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes and find lots of stuff I now can’t eat.

"I’ve been a veggie for 35 years, slowly switching to a completely vegan diet. However just been diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes and find lots of stuff I now can’t eat."

Sorry to hear that. I firmly believe you have to put your health first - if your health means you can't be on a totally vegan diet then do what you can without beating yourself up over what you can't.

"I’ve been a veggie for 35 years, slowly switching to a completely vegan diet. However just been diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes and find lots of stuff I now can’t eat.

Sorry to hear that. I firmly believe you have to put your health first - if your health means you can't be on a totally vegan diet then do what you can without beating yourself up over what you can't."

It’s just getting my head round it all. I feel so much better for cutting dairy, I just at the mo have a little milk in my tea.

By *ucidityWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I went to Aldi today and was very impressed by their new vegan options - you can even get women's vegan trainers for £12! "

A lot of places are doing vegan shoes now! I got a great pair from M&S for a wedding last summer.

Wherever possible, I think it’s much more eco-friendly to buy vintage/second hand but it is fantastic to have more options available to us.

"I’ve been a veggie for 35 years, slowly switching to a completely vegan diet. However just been diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes and find lots of stuff I now can’t eat.

Sorry to hear that. I firmly believe you have to put your health first - if your health means you can't be on a totally vegan diet then do what you can without beating yourself up over what you can't.

It’s just getting my head round it all. I feel so much better for cutting dairy, I just at the mo have a little milk in my tea. "

Well if what you've done so far makes you feel better than that's positive already.

"I went to Aldi today and was very impressed by their new vegan options - you can even get women's vegan trainers for £12!

A lot of places are doing vegan shoes now! I got a great pair from M&S for a wedding last summer.

Wherever possible, I think it’s much more eco-friendly to buy vintage/second hand but it is fantastic to have more options available to us. "

I'm not sure it's that possible for me to find second-hand shoes sadly, although I did just get a pair repaired rather than buying new.

Nottingham

It’s just getting my head round it all. I feel so much better for cutting dairy, I just at the mo have a little milk in my tea. "

I found FB really good for support groups. I know it’s not what you suffer with but I have a few coeliac friends and the support groups were so helpful in finding them vegan alternatives and meal ideas.

At the end of the day though, the best advice will come from your doctor - a qualified professional - and you, you know what works best for your body.

Nottingham

"I went to Aldi today and was very impressed by their new vegan options - you can even get women's vegan trainers for £12!

Wherever possible, I think it’s much more eco-friendly to buy vintage/second hand but it is fantastic to have more options available to us.

I'm not sure it's that possible for me to find second-hand shoes sadly, although I did just get a pair repaired rather than buying new."

Shoes are tricky! Repairing can be really expensive when you’re on a budget too.

It’s definitely hit and miss with charity ships and footwear. I think I’ve just been lucky in the past.

It’s just getting my head round it all. I feel so much better for cutting dairy, I just at the mo have a little milk in my tea.

I found FB really good for support groups. I know it’s not what you suffer with but I have a few coeliac friends and the support groups were so helpful in finding them vegan alternatives and meal ideas.

At the end of the day though, the best advice will come from your doctor - a qualified professional - and you, you know what works best for your body. "

I have an appointment next week with a dietician so hoping that helps.

"

I have an appointment next week with a dietician so hoping that helps. "

Good luck!

The Aldi Thai Green Vegetable Potato Rosti Baskets are really nice

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The previous thread got too big so starting another one.

A quick note: this thread is not only for vegans, and vegan fabbers have been happy to answer questions on veganism from people who are genuinely interested. What this thread is *not* for is people who just want to troll, or explain to us why we're wrong to be vegan, or to generally push their anti-vegan beliefs down our necks. I would respectfully ask anyone who meets any of the above criteria to enjoy the rest of the forum. "

So people are excluded..

Perhaps ask admin for your own platform.

A quick note: this thread is not only for vegans, and vegan fabbers have been happy to answer questions on veganism from people who are genuinely interested. What this thread is *not* for is people who just want to troll, or explain to us why we're wrong to be vegan, or to generally push their anti-vegan beliefs down our necks. I would respectfully ask anyone who meets any of the above criteria to enjoy the rest of the forum.

So people are excluded..

Perhaps ask admin for your own platform."

Er...that's exactly the opposite of what I said. I respectfully *asked* people to be considerate, that's all. If you think being considerate is a negative thing, then...

Nottingham

So people are excluded..

Perhaps ask admin for your own platform."

Chelmsford

Are vegans individuals then fine..

A protest group then not so sure

By *aughtydrawerCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

We've just started as vegans. We started at New year. It's been much easier than I expected and got us cooking and trying a new range of meals which has been great.

Chelmsford

And if it's personal choice then happy days..

If it's a group of morons trying to influence and protest then sad days..

"We've just started as vegans. We started at New year. It's been much easier than I expected and got us cooking and trying a new range of meals which has been great. "

So cool ... some amazing resources available now.. Did you see the Bosh boys have a show on itv1.. Their Instagram channel is really good, worth checking out

Shout if you have have any Qs

Chelmsford

Followed by the How to supplement a vegan diet channel

"Followed by the How to supplement a vegan diet channel "

Hey Tom, you seem to have a lot of anger ... Wanna share??

Chelmsford

No anger but please take good medical advice before doing this please

Leeds

"No anger but please take good medical advice before doing this please "

There's so much medical evidence to support a plant based diet. Not to mention to ecological evidence that shows how good it is for the environment.

Leeds

"We've just started as vegans. We started at New year. It's been much easier than I expected and got us cooking and trying a new range of meals which has been great.

So cool ... some amazing resources available now.. Did you see the Bosh boys have a show on itv1.. Their Instagram channel is really good, worth checking out

Shout if you have have any Qs "

Aww thanks! I'll have to check them out. How long have you been began for?

"No anger but please take good medical advice before doing this please "

Oh the best

Thanks for being so concerned... You'll be very pleased to learn that my results from my most recent annual 360 health assessment were excellent.. My physio/health professional was very complimentary (said he was loves talking to people like me, makes his job very easy) and the GP took delight in 'reading' my blood results aloud.

My personal GP is almost vegan, as her daughters are vegan too...

Dr Greger's 'how not to die' is a great resource for the entire population, vegan or not, there are plenty of top tips and it is very accessible and written by a non-sponsored professional doctor

Let me know if you need any help or advice...I've never felt stronger, healthier or fitter..

Chelmsford

"No anger but please take good medical advice before doing this please

Oh the best

Thanks for being so concerned... You'll be very pleased to learn that my results from my most recent annual 360 health assessment were excellent.. My physio/health professional was very complimentary (said he was loves talking to people like me, makes his job very easy) and the GP took delight in 'reading' my blood results aloud.

Dr Greger's 'how not to die' is a great resource for the entire population, vegan or not, there are plenty of top tips and it is very accessible and written by a non-sponsored professional doctor

Let me know if you need any help or advice...I've never felt stronger, healthier or fitter..

"

Leeds

"No anger but please take good medical advice before doing this please

Oh the best

"

Great news! There's so many athletes turning to veganism now too, it's giving it such good exposure.

"We've just started as vegans. We started at New year. It's been much easier than I expected and got us cooking and trying a new range of meals which has been great.

Shout if you have have any Qs

Aww thanks! I'll have to check them out. How long have you been began for? "

I was veggie for 30 years... Vegan for 3-4 years...biggest regret... Why didn't i do it sooner... I definitely allowed other people - strangers, family + friends to keep barriers in place... My mum even told me i would die (.. And she genuinely believed it )

It was finally a video of live chicks on a conveyor belt ending in a shredding machine and a dairy documentary that convinced me. There is so much negativity and its pretty constant too lol.. but i understand why people find it so

hard ... Took me 47 years after all...

If i could be granted one wish, it would be to live in the future with like minded people

Chelmsford

I wish you all well in your quest.. organic veg is one thing and Frankenstein food is another

Leeds

"I wish you all well in your quest.. organic veg is one thing and Frankenstein food is another "

And what exactly is Frankenstein food?

Hubby is Vegan for health reasons, I’m doing veganuary and am generally vegetarian x C

Chelmsford

"I wish you all well in your quest.. organic veg is one thing and Frankenstein food is another

And what exactly is Frankenstein food? "

Have you seen what's in some of these supermarket so called vegan meals ?

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Tried Tesco chilled veggie Cumberland sausages yesterday...very good

Leeds

"I wish you all well in your quest.. organic veg is one thing and Frankenstein food is another

Have you seen what's in some of these supermarket so called vegan meals ?"

Yep. I eat them. What are you worried about? Besides, you didn't really answer the question... What is frankenstein food?

Have you seen what's in a pack of sweets? Or a cheap Iceland beef lasagne?

Chelmsford

Have you seen what's in some of these supermarket so called vegan meals ?

Yep. I eat them. What are you worried about? Besides, you didn't really answer the question... What is frankenstein food?

Have you seen what's in a pack of sweets? Or a cheap Iceland beef lasagne? "

Horsemeat usually but delicious all the same

Leeds

"Tried Tesco chilled veggie Cumberland sausages yesterday...very good "

Aldi do some cracking vegan sausages too.

Chelmsford

"Tried Tesco chilled veggie Cumberland sausages yesterday...very good

Aldi do some cracking vegan sausages too. "

My local butcher does great sausages too

Aldi do some cracking vegan sausages too. "

I like the Linda McCartney sausages.

I like the Linda McCartney sausages. "

Have you tried the chorizo and pepper Linda McCartney ones? They’re so good!

Have you tried the chorizo and pepper Linda McCartney ones? They’re so good! "

I've got a thing for the Richmond ones at the moment, they are amazing!

I've got a thing for the Richmond ones at the moment, they are amazing! "

Ooooh I haven’t tried those yet, they’re on my list to try!

Also, I have worked out when making a Bolognese/lasagne type dish, to get a meaty flavour, marmite works a treat. Just wanted to pass this on to everyone it’s a game changer

Have people tried the M&S Plant Kitchen range? I have a junk-food meal of Dirty Fries and 'Not' Chicken Nuggets

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I've got a thing for the Richmond ones at the moment, they are amazing!

Ooooh I haven’t tried those yet, they’re on my list to try!

Also, I have worked out when making a Bolognese/lasagne type dish, to get a meaty flavour, marmite works a treat. Just wanted to pass this on to everyone it’s a game changer "

I add mushroom stock and marmite. Mushroom stock is a bitch to get hold of but it tastes soooooo good!

Chelmsford

Is Marmite safe ?

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

"Is Marmite safe ?"

Yes

Chelmsford

Vegimite ?

"Vegimite ?"

Apparently... You like it?

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

I've been getting in to tempeh - my Sainsbury's has started stocking it. Marinated in peanut butter, lime, agave syrup, chilli, ginger, soy - excellent in a stir fry! Has a bit more ooomph than tofu (although on the tofu topic, mashing it up and frying it with salt, turmeric, oil, herbs makes a decent enough alternative to scrambled egg - brunch is my favourite meal and I've been struggling!).

Chelmsford

Tempeh will try

Recommendation: the Co-op Gro Sticky Toffee Pudding is gorgeous 20 seconds in the microwave and it's hot and tasty.

Also...NOMO Salted Caramel Easter eggs...hmmm...

Aldi pizzas (frozen section)... Fucking A. !!

By *nto My ArmsMan  over a year ago

Herts/London

Fry's chicken and mushroom pie from Tesco.

Like Campbell's cream of mushroom meets roast chicken crisps in flavour. I liked.

"Fry's chicken and mushroom pie from Tesco.

Like Campbell's cream of mushroom meets roast chicken crisps in flavour. I liked. "

Yum... I love Frys.. Their 'peppered steak' pies are amazing .. My (meaty) friend said they were more meaty than meat

By *ammyhartMan  over a year ago

hull

Vegan power ???? Best thing I have done

» Add a new message to this topic