FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weinstein Guilty

Weinstein Guilty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Harvey Weinstein has (finally!) been found guilty for sexual assault! Although I believe some women jumped on the band wagon with this, the guy exploited his position in power which should never have happened or happen again!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So Harvey Weinstein has (finally!) been found guilty for sexual assault! Although I believe some women jumped on the band wagon with this, the guy exploited his position in power which should never have happened or happen again!

"

It will always happen. People exploit others and use their power for gain.

Sadly he appeared to be the archetypal example of a seedy man, who wasnt challenged and who's arrogance gave him what he wanted.

He wont be the last, but at least he's been found out.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I thought he’d be found not guilty as the jury kept asking to review evidence & have taken so long to reach a verdict.

A good result for those he abused

J x

"So Harvey Weinstein has (finally!) been found guilty for sexual assault! Although I believe some women jumped on the band wagon with this, the guy exploited his position in power which should never have happened or happen again!

It will always happen. People exploit others and use their power for gain.

Sadly he appeared to be the archetypal example of a seedy man, who wasnt challenged and who's arrogance gave him what he wanted.

He wont be the last, but at least he's been found out."

Exactly. I knew he could do it as there was a lot of women who unfortunately would do pretty much anything to succeed and he exploited it. He definitely won’t be the last man or women even to do this, but at least he’s been made an example of.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

couple of interesting things here... he was found not guilty of the most serious charges (the ones involving violence) but was found guilty of charges against each of the women the NYDA brought charges up for....

also... this is the beginning... as california also have charges up against him and they basically get next shot!

"I thought he’d be found not guilty as the jury kept asking to review evidence & have taken so long to reach a verdict.

A good result for those he abused

J x"

It’s on bbc news. Guilty on 2 counts of sexual assault and a word you can’t put on here! X

Sadly it’ll happen over & over again - people often abuse positions of power for their own good. Look at our politicians, CEO’s, Actors, footballers.

Some people can’t handle all that power, some feel that everyone ‘belongs’ to them & no doesn’t mean no - it often means “Yes with a price”

He’s got off with the ‘main charges’ still has a few more to go to him - of which could lock him up for 25 years. But I imagine a guy like that, will serve 2 years & be out in no time! Or maybe not because of the #MeToo movement generated from him.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"

I mirror your sentiments, although this isn't a time to mention jumping on the band wagon. This phrase is too often used to dismiss claims of people who have been abused by those in power. He's been found guilty after all this time thank goodness.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Glad he's been found guilty.

Abuse of power will always be around whether in business, the entertainment world or just relationships.

What doesn't help is the number of people who see sleeping with the boss, shagging a celebrity or hopping in to bed with someone in power as a means of getting on in life. It encourages those in those positions to see it as a route to easy sex and gives others seeking fame and fortune the wrong idea of how to achieve it.

It's a double edged sword.

A

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully it strengthens the movement for accountability where it belongs. With harassers and perpetrators.

How the fuck can they divide that r**e thing into different classes, r**e is r**e isn't it?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 24/02/20 22:08:53]

On a mooch

"How the fuck can they divide that r**e thing into different classes, r**e is r**e isn't it?"

Just like they have different levels of murder, I think it’s all based on severity / intent, but agree it is what it is no need to split it

"How the fuck can they divide that r**e thing into different classes, r**e is r**e isn't it?

Just like they have different levels of murder, I think it’s all based on severity / intent, but agree it is what it is no need to split it "

That's the first time I've ever heard of it having different categories

On a mooch

"How the fuck can they divide that r**e thing into different classes, r**e is r**e isn't it?

Just like they have different levels of murder, I think it’s all based on severity / intent, but agree it is what it is no need to split it

That's the first time I've ever heard of it having different categories "

I think, but could be wrong, that they are sometimes charged with level 1 but found guilty of level 2 which would carry a different sentence maximum

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A sad day that shows the horrors of what's likely a tiny part of his vile history.

Uf it helps to clean up a part of the world, then great.

By *eastAndTheHarlotCouple  over a year ago

Hartlepool

This is going to piss some people off but I think the whole abuse of power thing just downplays the actual crimes against women.

Yes he pressured women with job offeres but that's not r*pe. They made a deal and regretted it but they knew what they were going and could have said no.

The real victims are the women who were Dr*gged. The women who he gave no choice to. the ones who where genuinely assaulted and robbed of their rights to consent.

I'm glad those women got justice today.

"This is going to piss some people off but I think the whole abuse of power thing just downplays the actual crimes against women.

Yes he pressured women with job offeres but that's not r*pe. They made a deal and regretted it but they knew what they were going and could have said no.

The real victims are the women who were Dr*gged. The women who he gave no choice to. the ones who where genuinely assaulted and robbed of their rights to consent.

I'm glad those women got justice today."

His behaviour was predatory and an abuse of his position.

Hartlepool

"This is going to piss some people off but I think the whole abuse of power thing just downplays the actual crimes against women.

"

I'm not saying it wasn't but calling it r*pe makes light of what he actually did.

Those girls could say no.

The real victims couldn't.

I'm not saying it wasn't but calling it r*pe makes light of what he actually did.

The real victims couldn't. "

Jeez...they were all victims

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

This verdict has restored a little of my faith in humanity. I was hoping to see him found guilty on more of the charges, but I hope the Judge is not lenient with sentencing!

Hartlepool

"This verdict has restored a little of my faith in humanity. I was hoping to see him found guilty on more of the charges, but I hope the Judge is not lenient with sentencing!"

They're not finished yet. He has more charges to face. He's been held in custody until sentencing anyway so it's not looking like they'll be lenient.

Ar the minimum, it is mandatory of 4 years for the New York charges. He will be sentenced March 11. California is next, if he makes it. He is playing his mobility scooter hard.

Considering that the jury and victims in the NY were traumatized during testimony at having to describe his fucked up dick from too many botched erectile implant surgeries and shots (I believe one victim said his penis looked intersex and deformed) the California cases will now have precedent and history to go on.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The real victims couldn't.

Jeez...they were all victims "

None of these indignities, abuses, or crimes should be minimised or swept under the carpet.

» Add a new message to this topic