FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anybody work for RM or the post office?

Anybody work for RM or the post office?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple  over a year ago

Brizzle

I posted a parcel 1st class recorded almost 10 days ago, that’s not arrived yet.

Unfortunately the tracking receipt has vanished, so I can’t track its movements, however I can’t believe that even though I have the senders address, the PO I used, day & time etc they have no record on their system, is this correct & can they not help me with a tracking number?

The recipient is very patient but I can’t prove I posted it, or remember how much I paid. (I know if I’ve underpaid it takes ages for a card to be sent, but that would be the PO’s fault) I know it’s a difficult time atm & still have faith it might turn up.

One last thing if the parcel couldn’t be delivered & a card was not issued, could the recipient not go to his sorting office & ask if anything’s been returned, he says without a tracking number they’d laugh at him!

I think I’m fighting a losing battle unless you know otherwise.

TIA.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Don't work for them but our postman to?d is that things are taking much longer at the moment so you might be lucky.

Brizzle

Yes there’s every chance it’s been delayed, going to wait till the weekend & then probably have to go down the compensation route if it’s still missing.

I know if I sort it today the parcel will turn up tomorrow (Sod’s law)!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If your sent it Signed for (what used to be recorded) then it's not tracked, it's only a signature on delivery. Your branch is correct, there is no way to retrieve the Signed for number the system doesn't work like that.

If you sent it Special Delivery (silver label) then it is tracked. But again the system doesn't allow you to retrieve the number but the office can get it off the daily print off of special deliveries.

In either case the onus is on you not to lose your proof of postings.

Brizzle

So as I expected I’m screwed but not in a nice way, btw I didn’t lose the tracking receipt her indoors did!!

» Add a new message to this topic