FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Junk mail

Junk mail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why are postman still delivering junk mail, surely it’s essential mail only ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Then they can get home and safe earlier.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How would they know what is essential mail?

Barclays sends me credit card offers that I’m not interested in but they appear in an envelope

if you mean the flyers we get the post office are paid to deliver them by the advertising company. As it’s probably under a contract I’m sure they wouldn’t want to pay the money back.

Is it necessary for us...nope

Necessary for the post office...yes

"How would they know what is essential mail?

Barclays sends me credit card offers that I’m not interested in but they appear in an envelope "

Leaflets for pizzas etc, really not hard.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Why are postman still delivering junk mail, surely it’s essential mail only ? "

Because Royal Mail tell us we have to!

Bedworth

RM are proving little or no ppe for staff. Social distancing is not happening as depots aren’t big enough, sorting is still being done shoulder to shoulder. Some depots don’t even have soap in the toilets! Out on delivery there are now no places to go to the loo and wash hands as they’re all closed. RM have stopped the majority of van sharing and stopped signatures on pda but that’s the only safeguards postal workers have.

Boris is sending out 30million letters. People are going nuts ordering shite online and it’s as busy as Christmas. From Thursday this week we will be handling the collection and return of covid19 testing kits that nhs staff are self administering. Staffing levels are about 30% down due to self isolating, shielding and childcare issues (they class us as key workers but we’re not being given childcare places).

All this and RM are still making us deliver bloody door2door leaflets! We still have to treat them as if they were addressed mail!

"RM are proving little or no ppe for staff. Social distancing is not happening as depots aren’t big enough, sorting is still being done shoulder to shoulder. Some depots don’t even have soap in the toilets! Out on delivery there are now no places to go to the loo and wash hands as they’re all closed. RM have stopped the majority of van sharing and stopped signatures on pda but that’s the only safeguards postal workers have.

Boris is sending out 30million letters. People are going nuts ordering shite online and it’s as busy as Christmas. From Thursday this week we will be handling the collection and return of covid19 testing kits that nhs staff are self administering. Staffing levels are about 30% down due to self isolating, shielding and childcare issues (they class us as key workers but we’re not being given childcare places).

All this and RM are still making us deliver bloody door2door leaflets! We still have to treat them as if they were addressed mail!"

But your all doing a brilliant job , thank you , just please no more pizza leaflets

"RM are proving little or no ppe for staff. Social distancing is not happening as depots aren’t big enough, sorting is still being done shoulder to shoulder. Some depots don’t even have soap in the toilets! Out on delivery there are now no places to go to the loo and wash hands as they’re all closed. RM have stopped the majority of van sharing and stopped signatures on pda but that’s the only safeguards postal workers have.

All this and RM are still making us deliver bloody door2door leaflets! We still have to treat them as if they were addressed mail!"

I started the thread cause all of yesterday’s mail was junk, I just thought it was so unfair to make the postman come to my house for no reason.

Bedworth

All this and RM are still making us deliver bloody door2door leaflets! We still have to treat them as if they were addressed mail!

I started the thread cause all of yesterday’s mail was junk, I just thought it was so unfair to make the postman come to my house for no reason."

Absolutely! Our union are trying to get them stopped but no joy so far. Pizza leaflets and farmfoods are bad enough but some of the leaflets are quite distasteful given the circumstances, imagine the distress a funeral leaflet may cause.

» Add a new message to this topic