FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > Aldridge airport

Aldridge airport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lutandhubby OP   Couple  over a year ago

west midlands

i wouldn't go over there just yet. we have just had a letter from Aldridge police!. there is a camera on the lamp post opposite the entrance recording peoples reg numbers and sending the registered keeper a letter saying your car, (reg number) was seen in a area where sexual activity has been reported!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Shame no one would be willing to challenge this "assumption" using data protection laws in court.

The police are supposed to investigate and prosecute crime, so is it possibly outside thier consent to assume and send letters to what could be innocent people simply parking there.

They have no evidence of actual or intent and therefore making assumptions which in itself may be unlawful unless the camera also recorded activities, although it sounds like it is there for NPR.

Is it not innocent until proven guilty in this country?

It is a crime to park in a car park. It might be worth a call to Data Protection in Poynton to see if they have abused data held by the DVLA to send an "unfounded accusation" via post to a registered keeper.

By *ka_tessandjoeCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Expecting one then apart from that there's a travellers incampment on the back field so not worth going over this weekend guys

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm guessing that they could state that it's an informational notice, rather than assuming any intent on the part of the people who have parked there.

Is it a local authority camera, such as a council that's providing car park services? They'll probably have a get-out that they are used to monitor, for the safety and protection of the public, or similar nonsense. I'm guessing that there wasn't much, if any crime and they installed it due to sexual activities. Perhaps a local resident could submit a freedom of information request, to discover why it was installed.

They'll perhaps claim antisocial behaviour, following complaints from nosey neighbours there.

Did the letter insinuate that you were there for sexual activities, or just mention that it's occurring?

The police probably have a getout for data collection, for the purposes of crime management, I'd guess.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

There are a lot of Data rules covering police activity and would be curious to see wording of the letter.

By *hrisy69Man  over a year ago

chester/hawarden

"i wouldn't go over there just yet. we have just had a letter from Aldridge police!. there is a camera on the lamp post opposite the entrance recording peoples reg numbers and sending the registered keeper a letter saying your car, (reg number) was seen in a area where sexual activity has been reported! "

Always some one trying to spoil the fun

By *SA WalsallMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Which entrance was this?

By *erlin1309Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Is this place still a no go then guys please

By *SA WalsallMan 14 weeks ago

Walsall

Must be in the evening you get a letter, I’ve parked up during the daytime to have lunch never had a letter

» Add a new message to this topic