FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > There must be one lady, surely?

There must be one lady, surely?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How hard can it be to find a lady in Birmingham who wants a free night out tonight? I have a spare ticket for a gig in Brum. My regular Fab date can’t make it for family health reasons, and I’d rather not see it go unused. Just an NSA social.

The artist is Morgan James from New York. Look her up on YouTube. Fans of Postmodern Jukebox should know of her.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes its the way it goes

I really hope you find someone to go with doll.

Eve. X

By *ucy LewdWoman  over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

I would imagine because we have been cultured into the idea that receiving gifts from a man means that we owe him - especially if we are not friends with him. And on a swing site, the implication is that we owe him with sex.

If you're just after some company, why not ask your Facebook friends or a colleague? Why are you looking on a swingers site?

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Good luck op, sounds like a fun night.

North Oxfordshire

And if you'd just rather see the ticket used rather than it going to waste... why does it have to be a woman that goes with you? Why not a man?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"And if you'd just rather see the ticket used rather than it going to waste... why does it have to be a woman that goes with you? Why not a man?"

Yeah go on get him

"I would imagine because we have been cultured into the idea that receiving gifts from a man means that we owe him - especially if we are not friends with him. And on a swing site, the implication is that we owe him with sex."

Motive is not wasting a ticket.

"If you're just after some company, why not ask your Facebook friends or a colleague? Why are you looking on a swingers site?"

Yep. Doing that too. First come first served.

"And if you'd just rather see the ticket used rather than it going to waste... why does it have to be a woman that goes with you? Why not a man?"

Because it’s my ticket and my personal choice. I’m not critical of your choices.

North Oxfordshire

"And if you'd just rather see the ticket used rather than it going to waste... why does it have to be a woman that goes with you? Why not a man?

Because it’s my ticket and my personal choice. I’m not critical of your choices. "

I'm just saying... if it was truly 'no strings attached' then it wouldn't matter if it was a woman or a man, because you wouldn't be hoping to get laid from it...

"And if you'd just rather see the ticket used rather than it going to waste... why does it have to be a woman that goes with you? Why not a man?

Because it’s my ticket and my personal choice. I’m not critical of your choices.

I'm just saying... if it was truly 'no strings attached' then it wouldn't matter if it was a woman or a man, because you wouldn't be hoping to get laid from it..."

Any more Thought Police out there?

North Oxfordshire

I'm just saying... if it was truly 'no strings attached' then it wouldn't matter if it was a woman or a man, because you wouldn't be hoping to get laid from it...

Any more Thought Police out there?"

I'm not being 'the thought police', I'm just pointing out why women might not want to go.

If you had advertised it equally to both men and women but only picked a woman to go with, you might have had more luck...

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

I think it’s a shame I’m not free!

Hope someone lovely accepts and you have a great night

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'm just saying... if it was truly 'no strings attached' then it wouldn't matter if it was a woman or a man, because you wouldn't be hoping to get laid from it..."

He may simply prefer the company of women!! I prefer the company of men too!

Any more Thought Police out there?

I'm not being 'the thought police', I'm just pointing out why women might not want to go.

If you had advertised it equally to both men and women but only picked a woman to go with, you might have had more luck... "

It's his preference, I hear women on Fab talk about it all the time.

North Oxfordshire

"

It's his preference, I hear women on Fab talk about it all the time. "

I have no problem with preference at all - I'm merely pointing out why on a sex site it might feel like he's expecting sex from the date.

I'm not saying that the OP is expecting sex, or if he has any ulterior motive at all. But sometimes things can come across in a way that we don't intend.

Just listened to her on Spotify , a lot of good covers, but a nice honest voice.

"

I have no problem with preference at all - I'm merely pointing out why on a sex site it might feel like he's expecting sex from the date.

I'm not saying that the OP is expecting sex, or if he has any ulterior motive at all. But sometimes things can come across in a way that we don't intend."

As who knows the social may go to a play meet in time to come.

If I were closer, freebies work for me plus I love music.

I hope you find someone nice and enjoy your evening

North Oxfordshire

"

I'm not saying that the OP is expecting sex, or if he has any ulterior motive at all. But sometimes things can come across in a way that we don't intend.

As who knows the social may go to a play meet in time to come. "

Exactly! But the OP says that he's not expecting that to happen, so therefore it shouldn't matter.

"

Exactly! But the OP says that he's not expecting that to happen, so therefore it shouldn't matter. "

No but like i said. Who knows if they click anything could happen

Cardiff

Any more Thought Police out there?"

Guilty take him away.

"Just listened to her on Spotify , a lot of good covers, but a nice honest voice.

"

It’s looking like you and me then, MrBee

North Oxfordshire

"Just listened to her on Spotify , a lot of good covers, but a nice honest voice.

It’s looking like you and me then, MrBee"

To be fair, he'd totally be my first choice.

It’s looking like you and me then, MrBee"

I said I liked her voice, not yours. .

*im messing with you.

By *oubyLoverWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

If he wants to spend the evening in someone’s company, even if not play, it’s entirely his choice.

OP if I was closer I’d take you up on it, you have a great profile. Hope you find someone.

...Up on the Downs

"

Exactly! But the OP says that he's not expecting that to happen, so therefore it shouldn't matter. "

Unless he just prefers the company of women. .....

Aww I'm local to you, but not free tonight

He may simply prefer the company of women!! I prefer the company of men too! "

I was about to say that

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

"

I'm not saying that the OP is expecting sex, or if he has any ulterior motive at all. But sometimes things can come across in a way that we don't intend."

I take it it's a no from you then

i wonder if a woman posted this, would it matter

North Oxfordshire

"

I take it it's a no from you then"

Actually, if I'd had more money I'd proberbly have been well up for it.

"

Actually, if I'd had more money I'd proberbly have been well up for it."

It’s a free night out. Come on, it would be great if you’d join me. I’ll pay your train ticket for you. Seriously.

North Oxfordshire

"

It’s a free night out. Come on, it would be great if you’d join me. I’ll pay your train ticket for you. Seriously. "

No thank you. I believe in paying half otherwise I'd feel obliged to make it up to the other person in other ways.

"

It’s a free night out. Come on, it would be great if you’d join me. I’ll pay your train ticket for you. Seriously.

No thank you. I believe in paying half otherwise I'd feel obliged to make it up to the other person in other ways."

You wouldn’t be obligated or obliged at all. The Internet is watching. How about you buy your own drinks?

By *eviantdeliteWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Because it’s my ticket and my personal choice. I’m not critical of your choices. "

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"

No thank you. I believe in paying half otherwise I'd feel obliged to make it up to the other person in other ways."

"

No thank you. I believe in paying half otherwise I'd feel obliged to make it up to the other person in other ways.

You wouldn’t be obligated or obliged at all. The Internet is watching. How about you buy your own drinks?"

im sure i saw a no thank you just

North Oxfordshire

"

You wouldn’t be obligated or obliged at all. The Internet is watching. How about you buy your own drinks?

im sure i saw a no thank you just "

Indeed.

Cheltenham

So many women on here assume things.....or read into things something that is not ....I am almost ashamed to be a woman at times.....and wonder why so many have had such messed up life experiences to make them so cynical.....

Cardiff

"So many women on here assume things.....or read into things something that is not ....I am almost ashamed to be a woman at times.....and wonder why so many have had such messed up life experiences to make them so cynical..... "

Even the bit where he said 'NSA Social' got ignored.

Awe If I was still in Birmingham I possibly would have gone. I like NSA socials. I’ll ask a few of my Birmingham based friends if they are interested - maybe you should offer it to men as well so people know that it’s definately just a social nothing else your after

North Oxfordshire

"Awe If I was still in Birmingham I possibly would have gone. I like NSA socials. I’ll ask a few of my Birmingham based friends if they are interested - maybe you should offer it to men as well so people know that it’s definately just a social nothing else your after "

No no, he doesn't want to go with a man. Only women. And we're messed up for reading anything into that.

Cheltenham

"Awe If I was still in Birmingham I possibly would have gone. I like NSA socials. I’ll ask a few of my Birmingham based friends if they are interested - maybe you should offer it to men as well so people know that it’s definately just a social nothing else your after

No no, he doesn't want to go with a man. Only women. And we're messed up for reading anything into that."

Oh for heavens sake get over yourselves.....

"Awe If I was still in Birmingham I possibly would have gone. I like NSA socials. I’ll ask a few of my Birmingham based friends if they are interested - maybe you should offer it to men as well so people know that it’s definately just a social nothing else your after

No no, he doesn't want to go with a man. Only women. And we're messed up for reading anything into that.

Oh for heavens sake get over yourselves....."

"Awe If I was still in Birmingham I possibly would have gone. I like NSA socials. I’ll ask a few of my Birmingham based friends if they are interested - maybe you should offer it to men as well so people know that it’s definately just a social nothing else your after "

He wants to spend an evening in the company of a woman.

Why is anyone reading anymore into than that is beyond me...

Cheltenham

Why is anyone reading anymore into than that is beyond me... "

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Indeed."

Yeah but come on you said you'd be well up for if you'd had more money,then when told he'd even pay your train fare you backpeddled like heck!

Maybe some posters just can't let an opportunity to bash a man pass......

Cheltenham

"

Indeed.

Yeah but come on you said you'd be well up for if you'd had more money,then when told he'd even pay your train fare you backpeddled like heck!"

Ha ha yes she did....busted!!

Cheltenham

"Maybe some posters just can't let an opportunity to bash a man pass......"

I think that is it....I really do....and why I am saying it is a shame life experiences have taught them to be so cynical....

North Oxfordshire

"

Indeed.

Yeah but come on you said you'd be well up for if you'd had more money,then when told he'd even pay your train fare you backpeddled like heck!"

I didn't backpeddle - I pointed out that I preferred to be able to pay half. And as you noted, I said that I didn't have the money to be able to do that.

I'm not the kind of person who likes everything to be paid for me, I prefer to pay my own way so that I don't feel like I owe anyone anything.

There's often threads on here whinging that women don't pay half of the expenses on a date, and yet when a woman expresses that she would prefer to do that, somehow she is in the wrong and 'backpeddling'?

North Oxfordshire

"Maybe some posters just can't let an opportunity to bash a man pass......"

I've personally not seen any 'bashing' on this thread. Perhaps some posts were removed?

Cardiff

Does she sing a song called 'Sorry' or am I thinking of someone else?

Cheltenham

"Maybe some posters just can't let an opportunity to bash a man pass......

I think that is it....I really do....and why I am saying it is a shame life experiences have taught them to be so cynical...."

My playmate put a genuine post on yesterday and he got all sorts of strange “advice”.....all from women who seem to spend their life being keyboard warriors

"

It’s a free night out. Come on, it would be great if you’d join me. I’ll pay your train ticket for you. Seriously. "

Offer withdrawn.

Cheltenham

"Maybe some posters just can't let an opportunity to bash a man pass......

I've personally not seen any 'bashing' on this thread. Perhaps some posts were removed?"

You would make a good politician...

Cheltenham

"

Offer withdrawn. "

Don’t blame you my friend....why would you want to spend an evening in the company of someone who was trying to second guess you every move

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Indeed.

Yeah but come on you said you'd be well up for if you'd had more money,then when told he'd even pay your train fare you backpeddled like heck!

I didn't backpeddle - I pointed out that I preferred to be able to pay half. And as you noted, I said that I didn't have the money to be able to do that.

I'm not the kind of person who likes everything to be paid for me, I prefer to pay my own way so that I don't feel like I owe anyone anything.

There's often threads on here whinging that women don't pay half of the expenses on a date, and yet when a woman expresses that she would prefer to do that, somehow she is in the wrong and 'backpeddling'?

"

Like I say backpeddling

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

A very generous offer OP, here's hoping you have a great evening

North Oxfordshire

"

Offer withdrawn. "

I mean, it's ok. I'd already said 'no thank you'. I would have assumed the offer was withdrawn the moment I said that!

North Oxfordshire

"

Indeed.

Like I say backpeddling "

How can it be backpeddling when you state the reason up front?

Why is anyone reading anymore into than that is beyond me... "

Ok and where was I bitching at him for it? I didn’t read the other replies... i said If I was Birmingham based still I would have gone and I said I would mention to my friends in Birmingham which I have done. It wasn’t reading more into it I was trying to add friendly advice. How about not jumping on other woman in a defensive fashion!!

North Oxfordshire

"

Ok and where was I bitching at him for it? I didn’t read the other replies... i said If I was Birmingham based still I would have gone and I said I would mention to my friends in Birmingham which I have done. It wasn’t reading more into it I was trying to add friendly advice. How about not jumping on other woman in a defensive fashion!!"

No no, we are clearly wrong here. Suggesting he open it to men so that he doesn't waste money is wrong!

How do I change the topic title to ‘Operation Yew Tree takes on guy who wants to take woman to see a singer’?

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Actually, if I'd had more money I'd proberbly have been well up for it."

Nope can't see in this answer where you said you like paying your way,that came later...

North Oxfordshire

"How do I change the topic title to ‘Operation Yew Tree takes on guy who wants to take woman to see a singer’?"

Woah! Nobody said anything about historic child abuse allegations!

North Oxfordshire

"

Nope can't see in this answer where you said you like paying your way,that came later..."

My apologies - I think the 'if I had more money' covered that from the start, for it suggested that I didn't feel I had enough money to cover my expenses for the evening.

"

Woah! Nobody said anything about historic child abuse allegations!"

Yet. But there’s still time.

North Oxfordshire

"

Woah! Nobody said anything about historic child abuse allegations!

Yet. But there’s still time. "

Jimmy Saville was a bad man.

"Jimmy Saville was a bad man."

He probably only ever invited women too.

Cheltenham

Ok and where was I bitching at him for it? I didn’t read the other replies... i said If I was Birmingham based still I would have gone and I said I would mention to my friends in Birmingham which I have done. It wasn’t reading more into it I was trying to add friendly advice. How about not jumping on other woman in a defensive fashion!!"

I am not the defensive one my dear.....if you feel I am being defensive then you need to look at the way you read things.....yet again!!

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Nope can't see in this answer where you said you like paying your way,that came later...

My apologies - I think the 'if I had more money' covered that from the start, for it suggested that I didn't feel I had enough money to cover my expenses for the evening."

No it didn't,hence the backpeddling comment.

North Oxfordshire

"Jimmy Saville was a bad man.

He probably only ever invited women too. "

Oh man... I think we know that it's been proven that he abused children.

Cheltenham

"Jimmy Saville was a bad man.

He probably only ever invited women too. "

North Oxfordshire

"

My apologies - I think the 'if I had more money' covered that from the start, for it suggested that I didn't feel I had enough money to cover my expenses for the evening.

No it didn't,hence the backpeddling comment."

My apologies. I will make sure that I am more articulate in the future when saying that I don't have enough money to do things like this. I will ensure that I express that it's for the reasons that I prefer equality of payment rather than anything else. Would that please you?

I think people need to stop making assumptions.... OP is merely wanting some nice company on a night out after unfortunately being let down, nothing sinister or underhand at all!

She is amazing live.... powerful voice!!! I am seeing Postmodern Jukebox in February, hope she is going to be there!

Hope you find somebody to take OP!!

North Oxfordshire

"

Hope you find somebody to take OP!! "

Perhaps you could go with him!

Ok and where was I bitching at him for it? I didn’t read the other replies... i said If I was Birmingham based still I would have gone and I said I would mention to my friends in Birmingham which I have done. It wasn’t reading more into it I was trying to add friendly advice. How about not jumping on other woman in a defensive fashion!!

I am not the defensive one my dear.....if you feel I am being defensive then you need to look at the way you read things.....yet again!!"

yet again... are you confused my reply wasn’t to you. Seen you like to cause trouble in a few threads and think you need to brush up on your own reading skills!

Op I hope you do get something sorted and I have mentioned it to me Birmingham based friends as I clearly stated in my reply

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

My apologies. I will make sure that I am more articulate in the future when saying that I don't have enough money to do things like this. I will ensure that I express that it's for the reasons that I prefer equality of payment rather than anything else. Would that please you?"

Immensely thankyou . It's rather tiresome when one feel's they have to justify everything isn't it!

Cheltenham

"I think people need to stop making assumptions.... OP is merely wanting some nice company on a night out after unfortunately being let down, nothing sinister or underhand at all!

She is amazing live.... powerful voice!!! I am seeing Postmodern Jukebox in February, hope she is going to be there!

Hope you find somebody to take OP!! "

"

Perhaps you could go with him!"

He’s a man. You’re finding it really difficult to reconcile that I have a preference for female company aren’t you?

North Oxfordshire

"

He’s a man. You’re finding it really difficult to reconcile that I have a preference for female company aren’t you? "

I just really would hate to see your ticket go to waste.

North Oxfordshire

"

My apologies. I will make sure that I am more articulate in the future when saying that I don't have enough money to do things like this. I will ensure that I express that it's for the reasons that I prefer equality of payment rather than anything else. Would that please you?

Immensely thankyou . It's rather tiresome when one feel's they have to justify everything isn't it!"

No, I don't find that particularly tiresome. I see it as a personal failing that I didn't make myself clear enough in the first place.

"

Immensely thankyou . It's rather tiresome when one feel's they have to justify everything isn't it!

No, I don't find that particularly tiresome. I see it as a personal failing that I didn't make myself clear enough in the first place."

Surely you’re finding it tiring continuing to contribute to a thread where you are giving no value??

North Oxfordshire

"

No, I don't find that particularly tiresome. I see it as a personal failing that I didn't make myself clear enough in the first place.

Surely you’re finding it tiring continuing to contribute to a thread where you are giving no value?? "

Nope, I'm finding it far more stimulating than doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

No, I don't find that particularly tiresome. I see it as a personal failing that I didn't make myself clear enough in the first place."

"

He’s a man. You’re finding it really difficult to reconcile that I have a preference for female company aren’t you? "

I too would want female company I’m OP’s circumstance, company of the opposite sex is generally more engaging!

I know it’s hard to grasp but.... even though we are on a swinging site it doesn’t mean we need to relate everything to something sexual!!

"

I know it’s hard to grasp but.... even though we are on a swinging site it doesn’t mean we need to relate everything to something sexual!! "

Some people only ever have one thing on their mind, and thus tar all others with that same brush.

I said NSA in my first post, and that’s what I meant, although some claim to know my thoughts better than I do.

"

I know it’s hard to grasp but.... even though we are on a swinging site it doesn’t mean we need to relate everything to something sexual!!

Some people only ever have one thing on their mind, and thus tar all others with that same brush.

I said NSA in my first post, and that’s what I meant, although some claim to know my thoughts better than I do. "

Maybe they should ensure to do the lottery then

Hey euphoria205, fancy being my last resort.

"

Indeed.

She doesn't want him to pay for her. Is that so hard to understand?

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Indeed.

She doesn't want him to pay for her. Is that so hard to understand?"

We've had that conversation and she’s apologised,move on. Don't derail the thread anymore than it has been.

North Oxfordshire

"

Indeed.

We've had that conversation and she’s apologised,move on. Don't derail the thread anymore than it has been. "

Yes, I truly have atoned for my sins.

"

Indeed.

We've had that conversation and she’s apologised,move on. Don't derail the thread anymore than it has been. "

well I beg your pardon that the thread was moving faster than my appalling signal was able to keep up with...I wasn't aware that someone had died and made you the queen of fab...I consider myself suitably chastised your majesty

"Hey euphoria205, fancy being my last resort. "

Would love to if I wasn’t otherwise engaged... I actually have a meet

Update:

No actual taker for tonight yet, but some friend requests, and others expressing an interest in doing something another time. One guy on the backburner, to keep everyone happy.

Thanks for your participation.

Cheltenham

"

I said NSA in my first post, and that’s what I meant, although some claim to know my thoughts better than I do. "

Cheltenham

"

Surely you’re finding it tiring continuing to contribute to a thread where you are giving no value?? "

By *aisyDDWoman  over a year ago

North West

I'd go if my other half let me but bet he'd be grumpy about it ??

"I'd go if my other half let me but bet he'd be grumpy about it ??"

I’ll meet you at New Street Station.

By *aisyDDWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I'd go if my other half let me but bet he'd be grumpy about it ??

I’ll meet you at New Street Station. "

I'm the original eternal single so it's Sod's law I've got a fella now

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

OP I hope you have a great night out, even if you do end up going by yourself.

If you were closer to me and I was feeling a little less under the weather I would have taken up your offer. It's rare for me to be able to go out and enjoy live music.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"

Indeed.

We've had that conversation and she’s apologised,move on. Don't derail the thread anymore than it has been.

well I beg your pardon that the thread was moving faster than my appalling signal was able to keep up with...I wasn't aware that someone had died and made you the queen of fab...I consider myself suitably chastised your majesty"

You are forgiven,now pop back down to the servant's quarter's before you are given your notice!

...Up on the Downs

This was amusing! I go to gigs with fab buddies all the time, I even let them wine me and dine me sometimes too. Quelle domage!

» Add a new message to this topic