FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Nearby?

Nearby?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm just having my first go seeing who's near having become a supporter. I'm getting results from Northern Ireland, the Isle of Mann and the North of England! North of England is bad enough an I'm a good swimmer but there's a sen locking me from Irish and Manx members. And by what definition is 150 miles 'nearby'?

Seriously needs narrowed down.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sea blocking that should say.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've not found it too bad but have found the distance varies between the mobile app and desktop version by about 10 miles. Can make a difference when arranging time to meet with someone or even whether it's viable.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I've not found it too bad but have found the distance varies between the mobile app and desktop version by about 10 miles. Can make a difference when arranging time to meet with someone or even whether it's viable."

Desktop app shows distance between postcodes as entered by user.

Mobile who is near uses actual gps co ordinates from your phone and the other users phone.

So they will definitely show different distances

Admin x

"I've not found it too bad but have found the distance varies between the mobile app and desktop version by about 10 miles. Can make a difference when arranging time to meet with someone or even whether it's viable.

Desktop app shows distance between postcodes as entered by user.

Mobile who is near uses actual gps co ordinates from your phone and the other users phone.

So they will definitely show different distances

Admin x"

thanks that clears that up. guess i'm still a dummy when it comes to modern technology.

Folks - I'm struggling to get this nearby feature to work on my phone? I have my gps and settings altered to allow websites to get my phones location but i get the "we cannot access your phones location" (or words to that effect)...

Any ideas?

» Add a new message to this topic