FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Unwanted Malware

Unwanted Malware

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My laptops been running fine since I downloaded itunes and my laptop slowed down then it started to auto download spam and programs it doesnt need and it was like the firewalls not working so I updated my antivuirs software and turnt the firewall back on then the blue screen came on screen and restarted itself its stopped auto downloading programs which was fine but now I can't remove the program files x is it worth to get my back up disk to make sure that there's no viruses or spyware? And has anyone else had this problem?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My laptops been running fine since I downloaded itunes and my laptop slowed down then it started to auto download spam and programs it doesnt need and it was like the firewalls not working so I updated my antivuirs software and turnt the firewall back on then the blue screen came on screen and restarted itself its stopped auto downloading programs which was fine but now I can't remove the program files x is it worth to get my back up disk to make sure that there's no viruses or spyware? And has anyone else had this problem? "
download malware bytes and run it ,its free

I can't download much as its got a small memory and just dont want something it dont need x I want to make sure there's no harmful malware on the laptop as its sentimental to me cuz its oldish and I've had since 2006 lol x

Try Hitman Pro it's free for a trial period.

"I can't download much as its got a small memory and just dont want something it dont need x I want to make sure there's no harmful malware on the laptop as its sentimental to me cuz its oldish and I've had since 2006 lol x"
do it in safe mode

hit f8 several times when starting the lap top up

I've boot scanned and updated antivirus software still not removed a program called TV advertes I tried all most everything to remove the program x it staying its archive corrupted when in scan mode x I don't want to right over with my back up cd it cuz ile lose all my game data as i can't save that on a data stick or email x

Try removing it from programme files, sometimes it's hidden so you may have to search. You may also need to remove it from programmes and the recycle bin.

That's what worked for me when i got some kind of advert virus.

"I can't download much as its got a small memory and just dont want something it dont need x I want to make sure there's no harmful malware on the laptop as its sentimental to me cuz its oldish and I've had since 2006 lol x"
malware bytes is free and can be run offline

iv tryed doing that it does nothing x its worked for the rest of programs but not that one program x

i've already got avast for antivirus software as it runs well with windows defender which has a free firewall normally works but i downloaded a virus so my fault that for not updating it before hand x

By *ranthamThroatMan  over a year ago

Grantham.

have you tried rolling back Windows to a Restore date / point before the problem came up?

Malwyre bites is the best thing to use

iv sorted it now service pack wasn't updated and framework now updated laptops working better, i've used avast since i got laptop and i prefer avast, malwarebytes not worth downloading x

Virus software is a waste of time. Only works with old virus. I cab create a 100% fud virus. Fully undetectable. They only real way to stop them is to never download anything unless 100% truested. Also switch off active x and java. Around 70% of computers are infected. Even more so if you have teenagers that use your pc.

Its not a waste you need to protect the PC with software or it would go slow and slower if you don't put software x my laptops its on windows vista but its runs faster then my mums windows 7 cuz I've looked after it and not put crap on laptop x x

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Malwarebytes isn't anti-virus software though. As the name suggestrs it is anti-malware. Something you need in addition to AV.

By *ichy99Man  over a year ago

cardiff

as its been said above malwarebytes ISNT antivirus software like avast or avg etc it purposely looks for malware that installs itself either via a backdoor from visiting sites or from programs installed where toolbars are also installed

most antivirus will do malware scans but i have found them not nearly as good as malwarebytes, it is always best to have both installed on the machine, recommended antivirus is nod32

Grantham.

"Its not a waste you need to protect the PC with software or it would go slow and slower if you don't put software x my laptops its on windows vista but its runs faster then my mums windows 7 cuz I've looked after it and not put crap on laptop x x "

Actually you need to NOT download rubbish so your machine won't run slow, even or more importantly you are if you are running XP or Vista.

Your machine is likely running slow because your graphics card can't cope with the games you play, or your don't have enough RAM installed IMHO.

iv downloaded itunes then it kept auto downloading but i think it was fac3book that give me the virus by clicking on one of the ads, i can't restore system i've tryed F8, i have avast and windows defence as i haven't update them theres only gaming content on the laptop i wanted to keep as i do like my minecraft and sims yes im 22 but theres 65yrs playing games on fac3book x

i'm on my 2nd hard drive, ram upgraded, 3rd battery, 5th charger and restored and dropped it, i've had it 8yrs, the clock battery needs replacing in a few months and probably motherboard in less than 2yrs anyway.

i've asked for a laptop or money towards to get a new one for christmas hopefully i get one x

Grantham.

"iv downloaded itunes then it kept auto downloading but i think it was fac3book that give me the virus by clicking on one of the ads, i can't restore system i've tryed F8, i have avast and windows defence as i haven't update them theres only gaming content on the laptop i wanted to keep as i do like my minecraft and sims yes im 22 but theres 65yrs playing games on fac3book x

i'm on my 2nd hard drive, ram upgraded, 3rd battery, 5th charger and restored and dropped it, i've had it 8yrs, the clock battery needs replacing in a few months and probably motherboard in less than 2yrs anyway.

i've asked for a laptop or money towards to get a new one for christmas hopefully i get one x "

Hope you get your present, deffo sounds like your machine is a tad ancient and can't cope with your downloads, good luck

Argos are great for inexpensive up to date laptops.

i'm not fan of argo or windows 8, i'll go where i got my old laptop from, i just want a decent windows 7 where it could last 5yrs x

Grantham.

"i'm not fan of argo or windows 8, i'll go where i got my old laptop from, i just want a decent windows 7 where it could last 5yrs x"

Well having had a desktop for about 15 years and had lots of problems with XP and Vista updates resulting in "black screen of death" I must say that since I bought this laptop from Argos 5 years ago I have not had the same issues, hence my mentioning them, I now have Win 7 and in all that time only had to reinstall Win 7 twice, so I would say that I am VERY happy with what I bought from them and no longer have update issues as I did XP or Vista

If anyone asks me to repair their desk top or laptop I refuse if it is running pre Win 7. Waste of time for me.

mine was on xp before it was vista i think its older then what pc world were saying it was x my uncle tryed to upload to windows 7 to many times which buggered the original hard drive before i went on a computer course since iv taken to a repair shop or fixed it myself x

i've got a xp desktop thats the same age but the internet cards gone everytime i put it online it kicks the other devices off router x

i don't like mending my own laptop but i'm happy to fix anyone else's tho x

Grantham.

"mine was on xp before it was vista i think its older then what pc world were saying it was x my uncle tryed to upload to windows 7 to many times which buggered the original hard drive before i went on a computer course since iv taken to a repair shop or fixed it myself x

i've got a xp desktop thats the same age but the internet cards gone everytime i put it online it kicks the other devices off router x

i don't like mending my own laptop but i'm happy to fix anyone else's tho x

"

Honestly, if still running XP or Vista see if you can save all your files and make sure they will run on WIN 7 before you get a new machine. ( I.E run Compatabitity)

My Externald drive was XP but can't run it on 7. nor can my digicam.

Some sound advice was given in the very first post
" download malwarebytes and run it ,its free"

Failing that download Avira rescue disk (ISO) and burn it to either a CD or use unetbootin and use that to put the ISO onto a USB

Boot into the BIOS or select the boot option for the CD or USB and run the default option to scan and remove any viruses ir finds

By *ornyMalexMan  over a year ago

tipton

Download combo fix from bleeping computer and run it

I have found CCleaner an effective anti-malware tool. Free, very small foot print and efficient. It always gets very good feedback on the various sites, and it never seems to miss anything on my PC or Laptop. My daughter came round complaining her Lapto was running sluggish and was barely usable, I ran CCleaner and gave it her back, she said it was running almost as fast as when she bought it

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I have found CCleaner an effective anti-malware tool."
I don't think that CCleaner makes any claim to be either anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software! It will help protect your on-line identity by cleaning cookies and also improve performance by cleaning cache and temp Internet files.

"I have found CCleaner an effective anti-malware tool.I don't think that CCleaner makes any claim to be either anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software! It will help protect your on-line identity by cleaning cookies and also improve performance by cleaning cache and temp Internet files."

My bad, I was thinking on the wrong thing. Happens when you are tired and desperately in need of sleep. You are Correct, CCleaner is not the anti malware. I actually use a combination of CCleaner and AVG to keep my systems good. I did mean to say AVG, don't really know how I messed up there

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Is malware ever wanted??

» Add a new message to this topic