FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Password in plain text

Password in plain text

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urreylover OP   Man  over a year ago

Guildford

This observation has been made with both android kit-kat and lollipop with the firefox beta browser in private window. Using the same browser and configuration, I have not encountered the same issue with any other site. It appears to be the mobile site (not checked with desktop site).

On launching the login page, the first entry to the password is correctly obscured with asterisks. However, if the password is incorrect, the password is displayed in plain text and the keyboard defaults to an initial capital. I suspect that on the initial error the password is reconfigured as a normal dialogue box, in which case any text entered may be remembered by the system.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's a deliberate site feature I believe.

Not sure what you mean by it bring recognised by your computer because it's in plain text, my Google Chrome recognises any password whether obscured or not and asks if I want it to be remembered or not not.

By *urreylover OP   Man  over a year ago

Guildford

The ability to remember passwords is a standard feature. The stored passwords are encrypted. What I refer to is that if the password was faB5w1ngerz and it was entered in the password dialogue box when set as plain text, the phone may present that as an available predicted text option for any other feature (such as text messaging) as soon as you type the first two characters.

» Add a new message to this topic