near me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kyeguy OP   Man  over a year ago

portree

keeps showing me people in london ,im in isle of skye near 1000 mile away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

You need to check where your phone thinks you are!!

If I look at your profile, I see:

310+ miles away

(410+ driving)

Right now:

They are on mobile, 200+ miles away

TomTom thinks Warrington to Portree is 408 miles, so that bit is correct.

However, you phones location is only 200+ miles away from me. Turn off Who's Near and turn it back on. Check that the reported location is actually Portree (around 57.412, -6.192).

portree

hi it says im at 51.4 something

Warrington & Glasgow

Which would be Central London!

Have you been recently?

If you go into the Maps or GPS application on your phone, does it show Portree or London?

portree

nope not been there ,after a week of having me in right place today says im in glasgow ,still not left skye

Warrington & Glasgow

At the moment, you appear to have Who's Near turned off since I'm not seeing the "Right now:

They are on mobile, 200+ miles away".

But I can think of 3 possible reasons for the Who's Near problem:

1) Your phone THINKS it's in a different physical location to where it really is. This could be caused by poor GPS reception. It's also possible that if you're using A-GPS, and your phone network has been undergoing repair, as mentioned in the other thread, that this is leading to a false location. You'd be able to see this when you go into the Maps or GPS application on your phone, which we already checked, so I'm guessing that isn't the problem.

2) Your phone knows where it is, but the browser you're using is picking that up wrongly and passing the wrong location to Fab, which seems to be the case here, since you saw the 51.4 Latitude on the Who's Near page. I'd suggest trying another browser and see if you have the same problem.

3) The browser is passing the correct location to Fab, but the Who's Near page is generating random distances. Admin would be able to check the location that your browser is passing, to rule this out.

For information, which phone are you using? Someone with the same phone may be able to suggest a solution.

» Add a new message to this topic