FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > 2nd GPS location and privacy

2nd GPS location and privacy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So does the 2nd GPS info, 'right' now, show up if your phone is on but you're not logged in... obviously with your location activated? If so that's damn invasive!

Would switching my location settings off stop that?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oolstewieMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"So does the 2nd GPS info, 'right' now, show up if your phone is on but you're not logged in... obviously with your location activated? If so that's damn invasive!

Would switching my location settings off stop that?"

Good question. Would be interesting to find out the answer as never thought of that before.

[Removed by poster at 18/03/19 15:13:00]

Everyone said we were nuts back in my hardcore activist days when we were wary of GPS and would take the batteries out of phones to stop them listening in on us!! #Orwell

By *k_intriguedCouple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I'm fairly sure it's only able to get your latest location when you load a page from the site, or at very least have the site open. I don't know the exact mechanism, but I think now permissions would have to be requested (and agreed to) to track location when not logged in.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You could set it to request GPS location permission each time for the site, rather than a blanket default approved permission. This way you would be active in each and every attempt to gain it. Your postcode would be the default data, in the absence of mobile GPS. Your phone settings should have the options to configure it as always yes, no or to request your agreement.

"You could set it to request GPS location permission each time for the site, rather than a blanket default approved permission. This way you would be active in each and every attempt to gain it. Your postcode would be the default data, in the absence of mobile GPS. Your phone settings should have the options to configure it as always yes, no or to request your agreement. "

Hmm, mine was a standard yes or no covering all of chrome. So annoying. Which reminds me to get a second sim!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"So does the 2nd GPS info, 'right' now, show up if your phone is on but you're not logged in"

No. It doesn't work like that. The location only updates when you're actively using the site (assuming you have the who's near thing turned on).

If you're worried just turn it off.

Admin x

Thanks. I'll do that.

"So does the 2nd GPS info, 'right' now, show up if your phone is on but you're not logged in

No. It doesn't work like that. The location only updates when you're actively using the site (assuming you have the who's near thing turned on).

If you're worried just turn it off.

Admin x"

I more meant does that location disappear when I switch my phone off despite not being logged in?

The other solution is to block those that pester for replies or appear to observe my moves! Creeptastic!

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic