FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Still having issues with who's near...

Still having issues with who's near...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ndoche OP   Woman  over a year ago

South East London

Thanks to ppl who tried to help when I posted before, but I don't think I was clear about the exact issue I had.

I know how to access the 'who's near' button, but when I go there it tells me it can't access my location. I have tried following the instructions there, but it didn't work. I have looked through my phone settings (huwawia p20) but nothing.

Anyone pls help? Wanna meet all you lovely locals!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I may be repeating some of what was said but have you tried with several web browsers, getting the same issue?

You'd need to ensure that from

Settings

Apps

Permissions

Your web browsers all had location permission, if you downloaded more browsers. Opera, Firefox etc could be tried out, if you've not tried others yet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've ñever been able to work out how this works. Normally I'd give my phone to someone who is savvy with these things, but would be awkward due to the nature of the site

"Still having issues with who's near... "

Move away from them then

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

My phone has the option switch Location on and off. It's on the drop down bar at the top along with WiFi, Torch, plane mode.... (I've got a Samsung)

By *ndoche OP   Woman  over a year ago

South East London

Thanks everyone. The funny messages made me laugh, the sensible ones helped! I'm gonna have to find someone trusted to help me with your advice.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I don't know the phone, by a quick look on YouTube suggests it's a pretty standard Android installation, using Chrome as the default browser.

Have you got the phones location on? e.g. If you go into Google Maps, does it show your location correctly?

If that works, then check whether the site has permission to get your location: in Chrome go to Fab and tap the ... (shown vertically) at the top right of the screen, then go into Settings, scroll down to Site settings, click on Location and see if Fab appears on the Blocked list. If it does, tap it and then tap Clear & reset.

Next go back to Fab and attempt to turn on Who's near. You should be prompted to allow permission.

I've the p10

Drag your finger down from the top And there should be a button saying location. Make sure it's blue

On the fab website there's the option to turn on who is near. Switch that on and it should work

I see you have hidden your profile so I can't screen print what to do. That may also have a bearing on why it's not working

Hope that helps

» Add a new message to this topic