FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Chrome Dictionary keeps popping up

Chrome Dictionary keeps popping up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tonker69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Every time I tap Home, Messages, etc, on the fab page, a pop up appears at the bottom of the android phone screen (and also on my tablet) giving the definition of the word Home!! ie "Where you live"....I cannot find the dictionary on chrome browser to delete or uninstall it. Is anybody else having this problem with Chrome? It doesn't happen with Firefox.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I only get the word synopsis come up if I hold the word on my screen. I'm using chrome. It'll be hiding in your Google or device settings. Type your specific device make & model into the search bar with the querie.

Blackpool

Ok thanks, will try that. It doesn't happen with Firefox, so I guess it is a chrome extension hidden somewhere, as you say.

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Chippenham

This is happening with our phones and driving us crazy, we are android.

Blackpool

I'm still trying to solve this problem. Nothing on youtube! I've uninstalled Chrome and am using Firefox now.

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

Me too.... I've Been through every setting on my phone (samsung 10) I've been on Google...its driving me mad... it only pops up on this site...

Wonder why

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

"Me too.... I've Been through every setting on my phone (samsung 10) I've been on Google...its driving me mad... it only pops up on this site...

Wonder why"

It seems like it's part of Chrome on Android as it happens on my OnePlus toom I haven't found a setting to disable it as yet either. It's happening because you are selecting the word by clicking it and then does a search based on the selected word and pops up the results.

To minimise the issue (and your frustrations), when you tap the button, try to click on the image itself rather than the word (ie tap the house picture on the Home button rather than the text 'Home' on the Home button). This seems to work on all the buttons

Blackpool

I have updated Chrome on my Sony experia ultra xa and then I uninstalled it. I have now re- installed it and fingers, legs, everything crossed its got rid of the cursed dictionary pop up!!

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

"Me too.... I've Been through every setting on my phone (samsung 10) I've been on Google...its driving me mad... it only pops up on this site...

Wonder why

It seems like it's part of Chrome on Android as it happens on my OnePlus toom I haven't found a setting to disable it as yet either. It's happening because you are selecting the word by clicking it and then does a search based on the selected word and pops up the results.

To minimise the issue (and your frustrations), when you tap the button, try to click on the image itself rather than the word (ie tap the house picture on the Home button rather than the text 'Home' on the Home button). This seems to work on all the buttons "

Thanks for the advice xx has there been an update then on android?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

chrome was rubbish deleted it now

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

Wonder why

To minimise the issue (and your frustrations), when you tap the button, try to click on the image itself rather than the word (ie tap the house picture on the Home button rather than the text 'Home' on the Home button). This seems to work on all the buttons

Thanks for the advice xx has there been an update then on android?"

Chrome is updated on a frequent basis by Google. I'm not sure when this 'feature' started happening though, it's been like this on my phone for quite a while when browsing Fab. This also happens for me on some other sites too, but also some other sites require a long press to select the word instead - it's weird.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Is happening with me and also the dropdown box that normally has autocorrect suggestions is still there but completely blank. If I click on a space words appear in the text box but I can't see them until I've clicked on a blank space in the dropdown box. Very confusing even to describe!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Is happening with me and also the dropdown box that normally has autocorrect suggestions is still there but completely blank. If I click on a space words appear in the text box but I can't see them until I've clicked on a blank space in the dropdown box. Very confusing even to describe! "

Switch off predictive text. These are suggestions and if you clicked on them would add to your sentence.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I like predictive text though, I've used it in the same format for years, it just has started showing the same box but blank instead of suggestions

» Add a new message to this topic