FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > New Act of Parliament:- the Cummings and goings act

New Act of Parliament:- the Cummings and goings act

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0 Shades of Red OP   Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

To be passed this afternoon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Need to go for a drive to a local beauty spot to test my eyesight before I read it.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The Poke has the scoop on the next changes:

Boris Johnson bans political subjects from Prime Minister’s Questions

May 29, 2020

Written by Chris Ballard

The Prime Minister is banning politics from PMQs in order to prevent ‘unfair’ lines of questioning.

At yesterday’s coronavirus press briefing Boris Johnson was forced to intervene to prevent his scientific and medical advisers answering ‘political’ questions about whether Dominic Cummings breached the rules of lockdown.

This sort of thing is a dangerous step towards political accountability – a trend that Boris is keen to nip in the bud as soon as possible.

“From now on, politics will be kept out of the House of Commons,” he explained.

“PMQs, in particular, should be completely free from the sort of political spiff-spaff the public is fed up with and has absolutely no interest in.

“So no questions about me or my work. Once I’ve done something political, we need to draw a line under it and move on. After all, I’m the Prime Minister and as such everything I do is extremely political.

“The economy? Political.

“Our response to coronavirus? Political.

“The fact that government advisers are allowed to operate outside the law, a phenomenon which highlights the appalling privileges enjoyed by the ruling elite? Jolly political indeed!

“The Leader of the Opposition can limit his questions to the weather, holidays, have you seen any good films recently – you know, polite barbershop style chitchat.”

In completely unrelated news, Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty and Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance will now both be permanently wearing face masks.

“It’s obviously because of the coronavirus,” explained Boris. “They’re both keen to adopt best practice wherever possible.”

“Mmph, mmph, mmph,” said the experts

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

ROBERT JENRICK NEEDS TO RESIGN AFTER HIS ACTIONS OVER PLANNING APPROVAL FOR ISLE OF DOGS WERE FOUND UNLAWFUL IN THE HIGH COURT AFTER IGNORING PLANNING ADVICE SO HIS TORY MATE WOULD BENEFIT BY SAVING FEES

HOW CORRUPT CAN A GOVERNMENT GET!!!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"ROBERT JENRICK NEEDS TO RESIGN AFTER HIS ACTIONS OVER PLANNING APPROVAL FOR ISLE OF DOGS WERE FOUND UNLAWFUL IN THE HIGH COURT AFTER IGNORING PLANNING ADVICE SO HIS TORY MATE WOULD BENEFIT BY SAVING FEES

HOW CORRUPT CAN A GOVERNMENT GET!!!"

Yes, I saw that.

There's a lot of stuff being slipped through around now.

He also had a little jolly during lockdown.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"The Poke has the scoop on the next changes:

Boris Johnson bans political subjects from Prime Minister’s Questions

May 29, 2020

Written by Chris Ballard

The Prime Minister is banning politics from PMQs in order to prevent ‘unfair’ lines of questioning.

At yesterday’s coronavirus press briefing Boris Johnson was forced to intervene to prevent his scientific and medical advisers answering ‘political’ questions about whether Dominic Cummings breached the rules of lockdown.

This sort of thing is a dangerous step towards political accountability – a trend that Boris is keen to nip in the bud as soon as possible.

“From now on, politics will be kept out of the House of Commons,” he explained.

“PMQs, in particular, should be completely free from the sort of political spiff-spaff the public is fed up with and has absolutely no interest in.

“So no questions about me or my work. Once I’ve done something political, we need to draw a line under it and move on. After all, I’m the Prime Minister and as such everything I do is extremely political.

“The economy? Political.

“Our response to coronavirus? Political.

“The fact that government advisers are allowed to operate outside the law, a phenomenon which highlights the appalling privileges enjoyed by the ruling elite? Jolly political indeed!

“The Leader of the Opposition can limit his questions to the weather, holidays, have you seen any good films recently – you know, polite barbershop style chitchat.”

In completely unrelated news, Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty and Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance will now both be permanently wearing face masks.

“It’s obviously because of the coronavirus,” explained Boris. “They’re both keen to adopt best practice wherever possible.”

“Mmph, mmph, mmph,” said the experts"

Sadly not too far from the truth...

» Add a new message to this topic