FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Minister resigns over cummings

Minister resigns over cummings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Albeit a junior one, will there be others or are they too welded to their cars and agenda of brexit to grow a set..?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Albeit a junior one, will there be others or are they too welded to their cars and agenda of brexit to grow a set..?

"

The top ministers won’t quit, they don’t have the guts or the integrity. It is bad news for Boris and his boss though

in Lancashire

"Albeit a junior one, will there be others or are they too welded to their cars and agenda of brexit to grow a set..?

The top ministers won’t quit, they don’t have the guts or the integrity. It is bad news for Boris and his boss though "

Keeps it in the spotlight..

Wonder if he'll send boris out for three in a row looking like he's forgotten what Dom told him to say briefings later?

Cummings is now a bit of a liability. People will not forget this. Boris probably isn't that happy, people see him now as a PM by proxy!

"Cummings is now a bit of a liability. People will not forget this. Boris probably isn't that happy, people see him now as a PM by proxy!"

It is a lose lose situation for Boris, if he stays he will be seen as weak and a puppet, if he leaves he will be exposed as being weak and a puppet .

"Cummings is now a bit of a liability. People will not forget this. Boris probably isn't that happy, people see him now as a PM by proxy!

It is a lose lose situation for Boris, if he stays he will be seen as weak and a puppet, if he leaves he will be exposed as being weak and a puppet . "

It's almost as if he wasn't up to the job....oh!

"Cummings is now a bit of a liability. People will not forget this. Boris probably isn't that happy, people see him now as a PM by proxy!

It is a lose lose situation for Boris, if he stays he will be seen as weak and a puppet, if he leaves he will be exposed as being weak and a puppet .

It's almost as if he wasn't up to the job....oh!"

I know, but he got an 80 seat majority in the GE so he must be great

"Cummings is now a bit of a liability. People will not forget this. Boris probably isn't that happy, people see him now as a PM by proxy!"

I disagree. I think people will forget. It will go into the mega pile of shit the Tories have done, lied about, fucked us over. People will still vote for them no matter what.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"

Anyone who thinks Douglas Ross has done this out of integrity, or not wanting to appear a hypocrite, knows nothing of Scottish politics. Few people who contribute to these forums will even be aware of him.

It's unlikely his resignation will affect Westminster politics, or weaken Boris in any way. After all, when Sajid Javid resigned on a point of principle, it had no effect.

If it's an attempt to improve the Tory Party's standing in Scotland, it won't work.

If he turns out to be the first pebble in a landslide, it'll be his only significant contribution to politics.

Hopefully, he wasn't asked to fall on his sword - believe me, it's the kind of thing he would do for his leader.

I disagree. I think people will forget. It will go into the mega pile of shit the Tories have done, lied about, fucked us over. People will still vote for them no matter what."

I don’t think so, this won’t be going away anytime soon and if there are more revelations it will run and run. The press hate him, he will be a marked man from now on, any indiscretion will be highlighted.

I disagree. I think people will forget. It will go into the mega pile of shit the Tories have done, lied about, fucked us over. People will still vote for them no matter what.

I don’t think so, this won’t be going away anytime soon and if there are more revelations it will run and run. The press hate him, he will be a marked man from now on, any indiscretion will be highlighted. "

Maybe you're right. But it feels like we have 100s of these moments where we think: "fuck, people are going to have to think twice before voting Tory again". But never seems to make much difference.

I don’t think so, this won’t be going away anytime soon and if there are more revelations it will run and run. The press hate him, he will be a marked man from now on, any indiscretion will be highlighted.

Maybe you're right. But it feels like we have 100s of these moments where we think: "fuck, people are going to have to think twice before voting Tory again". But never seems to make much difference."

That’s true, but only the deluded and brain washed will not see this fiasco for what it is. Many people voted for the tories because they didn’t like Corbyn and because of Brexit , both those reasons have gone . If Starmer can avoid any press smear campaigns and continues to deliver the Tories will lose the next GE

Ayr

Some people will forget it; or, more likely, choose to ignore it.

In any case, given the way things are, there isn't going to be an early GE. The reasons/excuses for delaying it are plentiful.

So, you've probably got the best part of four years of Shitshow plus Cummings, or Shitshow minus Cummings.

Still a shitshow - and with the good chance of a no deal Brexit being the glitter the turd is rolled in.

Douglas Ross giving up his day job won't change any of that.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Another non story

"Another non story"

Not with regards to coming elections in Scotland...

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Some more Tory MPs are saying what Cummings did was unacceptable. That's about 20 or so now (unless some of them were convinced by yesterday's shit show).

Meanwhile, other Tory MPs are saying no one cares about this apart from 'the lefty media'. Pretty funny stuff really. Can tell which ones Cummings owns and which ones have some backbone.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Some more Tory MPs are saying what Cummings did was unacceptable. That's about 20 or so now (unless some of them were convinced by yesterday's shit show).

Meanwhile, other Tory MPs are saying no one cares about this apart from 'the lefty media'. Pretty funny stuff really. Can tell which ones Cummings owns and which ones have some backbone.

"

Backbone, or an eye on the future? Possibly a symptom of the internal power struggles within the Tory party. What happens when Boris falls (as he inevitably will).

They are not so obvious as those in the labour party, but they, of course, go on.

Ayr

This is from the BBC Have Your Say comments, regarding Douglas Ross' resignation.

"31. Posted by Middle Englander

2 hours ago

Why should a man of principle like Mr Ross have to quit and a man with no principle like Dominic Cummings be allowed to remain in his post?"

It's not an untypical comment but it is inaccurate.

Douglas Ross is not a man of principle; he's a Tory MP - and he didn't have to quit, he chose to.

He's still an MP. Still part of that 80 seat majority. He hasn't done anything honourable.

Certainly, were he to give up his seat, a by-election loss to the SNP would make no difference to UK politics.

Nothing has happened here, other than, for a brief moment, he's kidded people on he has a spine. He really doesn't.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Douglas who?????

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

If Labour can't win the next GE after all this then they never will. They will not get a better chance. It's like the government are saying here you go all the ammunition you will ever need.

I have not voted Labour since the nineties but will consider it assuming SKS comes up with decent policies

"If Labour can't win the next GE after all this then they never will. They will not get a better chance. It's like the government are saying here you go all the ammunition you will ever need.

I have not voted Labour since the nineties but will consider it assuming SKS comes up with decent policies"

I don't see how it his makes any difference. It probably doesn't make it in the top 100 worse things they Tories have done in the last 10 years.

milton keynes

"If Labour can't win the next GE after all this then they never will. They will not get a better chance. It's like the government are saying here you go all the ammunition you will ever need.

I have not voted Labour since the nineties but will consider it assuming SKS comes up with decent policies

I don't see how it his makes any difference. It probably doesn't make it in the top 100 worse things they Tories have done in the last 10 years."

Wow am surprised you don't think it will make a difference. Looks like I should forget changing to Labour if they can't win they are doomed to being in opposition for ever

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I don't see how it his makes any difference. It probably doesn't make it in the top 100 worse things they Tories have done in the last 10 years.

"

Yes, in the scheme of things it hasn't actually affected anyone in any way (apart from possible infection, but there isn't and will never be any evidence on that).

It's revealed their lying and nasty ways, again, for the nth time.

But I do like this latest...

https://fullfact.org/health/cummings-blog-coronavirus/

Wow am surprised you don't think it will make a difference. Looks like I should forget changing to Labour if they can't win they are doomed to being in opposition for ever"

Vote form whomever you wish.

Just don't see how this, the 827th worst things the Tories or Boris Johnson has done, will make any difference to Conservative voters.

Yes, in the scheme of things it hasn't actually affected anyone in any way (apart from possible infection, but there isn't and will never be any evidence on that).

https://fullfact.org/health/cummings-blog-coronavirus/"

That's pretty funny.

milton keynes

Wow am surprised you don't think it will make a difference. Looks like I should forget changing to Labour if they can't win they are doomed to being in opposition for ever

Just don't see how this, the 827th worst things the Tories or Boris Johnson has done, will make any difference to Conservative voters.

"

I have voted for both conservative and Labour in the past. Like many I judge from what I see at the time. I would consider Labour but they need to convince me.

It's shocking in my view that Labour supporters are not more positive as like I say they will not get a better chance.

I think you are mistaking me for someone that only ever votes for one party regardless. If I'm wrong in that of course I apologise

in Lancashire

https://fullfact.org/health/cummings-blog-coronavirus/

That's pretty funny."

Martha Carney on World at one covered it, as she said if this part of what he stated yesterday is false what else could also be?

I have voted for both conservative and Labour in the past. Like many I judge from what I see at the time. I would consider Labour but they need to convince me.

It's shocking in my view that Labour supporters are not more positive as like I say they will not get a better chance.

I think you are mistaking me for someone that only ever votes for one party regardless. If I'm wrong in that of course I apologise"

No, I noticed that you mentioned you voted for Labour or Conservative in the past.

I am not a labour supporter, so can't comment on their positivity or not.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I have not voted Labour since the nineties but will consider it assuming SKS comes up with decent policies"

4 years is a long time when a lot of people have the attention span of a gnat.

milton keynes

I think you are mistaking me for someone that only ever votes for one party regardless. If I'm wrong in that of course I apologise

No, I noticed that you mentioned you voted for Labour or Conservative in the past.

I am not a labour supporter, so can't comment on their positivity or not."

Oh well looks like they will just have to get used to opposition

Ayr

"Oh well looks like they will just have to get used to opposition"

Yep. As long as those dumb-assed frogs never learn from their mistake and keep giving the scorpion a lift.

milton keynes

"Oh well looks like they will just have to get used to opposition

Yep. As long as those dumb-assed frogs never learn from their mistake and keep giving the scorpion a lift."

It's sad in a way as Labour used to be a proud party with ambition

Yep. As long as those dumb-assed frogs never learn from their mistake and keep giving the scorpion a lift.

It's sad in a way as Labour used to be a proud party with ambition"

Are you suggesting that it's Labours fault that people are too easily persuaded to vote against their own interests?

milton keynes

Are you suggesting that it's Labours fault that people are too easily persuaded to vote against their own interests?"

Not at all I'm suggesting labour or at least many of its followers have given up already and are already making excuses for the next GE.

As said before I have voted for them before so up for considering it again. However they need to convince me so will be keen to see SKS policies

Are you suggesting that it's Labours fault that people are too easily persuaded to vote against their own interests?

Not at all I'm suggesting labour or at least many of its followers have given up already and are already making excuses for the next GE.

As said before I have voted for them before so up for considering it again. However they need to convince me so will be keen to see SKS policies"

Fair enough. I don't see Labour or their supporters making excuses. I see over confidence.

milton keynes

As said before I have voted for them before so up for considering it again. However they need to convince me so will be keen to see SKS policies

Fair enough. I don't see Labour or their supporters making excuses. I see over confidence. "

A common excuse is its a long time until the GE people will forget . Like people will forget this lol. Anyway its labours job to remind people and capitalize on it. Another common excuse is some people will vote conservative no matter what. While that's true the same can be said for all parties. It's the ones that are open minded that parties should try to convince. I personally am open minded but have to confess I would prefer a party and followers that have confidence in themselves. Also think that if a party looses as well as seeing how the opposition won they need to examine why they lost. Not an easy process but vital

Fair enough. I don't see Labour or their supporters making excuses. I see over confidence.

A common excuse is its a long time until the GE people will forget . Like people will forget this lol. Anyway its labours job to remind people and capitalize on it. Another common excuse is some people will vote conservative no matter what. While that's true the same can be said for all parties. It's the ones that are open minded that parties should try to convince. I personally am open minded but have to confess I would prefer a party and followers that have confidence in themselves. Also think that if a party looses as well as seeing how the opposition won they need to examine why they lost. Not an easy process but vital"

I don't really understand that attitude of some people (not necessarily you), who seem to think that winning the election is the end game.

Surely doing the right thing for the country, specifically for the citizens of the country, should be the only thing that matters.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority with that one.

milton keynes

A common excuse is its a long time until the GE people will forget . Like people will forget this lol. Anyway its labours job to remind people and capitalize on it. Another common excuse is some people will vote conservative no matter what. While that's true the same can be said for all parties. It's the ones that are open minded that parties should try to convince. I personally am open minded but have to confess I would prefer a party and followers that have confidence in themselves. Also think that if a party looses as well as seeing how the opposition won they need to examine why they lost. Not an easy process but vital

I don't really understand that attitude of some people (not necessarily you), who seem to think that winning the election is the end game.

Surely doing the right thing for the country, specifically for the citizens of the country, should be the only thing that matters.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority with that one. "

I understand what your saying but sadly until a party wins an election they can't put into place anything to help anyone. No party can change things unless they hold power. Sometimes they can influence but to make real change they need to win elections

» Add a new message to this topic