FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Hancock

Hancock

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Taking no prisoners in today's briefing. The Cummings story is getting old now. I still think DC should go but I'll leave that to the politicians of all parties to quickly sort it out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

He was asked if those people who were fined re childcare issues and reports he'll find out from the treasury.

Most of the other Cummings questions are simply old hat now.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Dont think it's going away.Its brought into sharp focus the power he has.

What spin dr gets his own press conference?

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

formby

"Taking no prisoners in today's briefing. The Cummings story is getting old now. I still think DC should go but I'll leave that to the politicians of all parties to quickly sort it out. "

He is a smarmy and arrogant just like Gove.

They are the weakest of men!

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

The questions remain so they'll continue unless something more significant occurs. It's unfortunately about the Sunday papers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looking like they are going to refund anyone who was fined if they had child care problems.

Feck me changing thier whole lockdown rules for one advisor...its true they havent got a brain between them in this goverment

"Taking no prisoners in today's briefing. The Cummings story is getting old now. I still think DC should go but I'll leave that to the politicians of all parties to quickly sort it out.

He is a smarmy and arrogant just like Gove.

They are the weakest of men! "

He might have those traits in his jobs, but that wasn't the man we saw at the press conference. His body language wasn't of an arrogant man.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Peston got the chop

"Dont think it's going away.Its brought into sharp focus the power he has.

What spin dr gets his own press conference?"

I thought someone had chopped your fingers off mate

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"He was asked if those people who were fined re childcare issues and reports he'll find out from the treasury.

Most of the other Cummings questions are simply old hat now. "

An interesting question because if people were stopped and they said they were travelling for child care it would show that DC is not the only one in the country who travelled for that reason.

ROMFORD

"Peston got the chop "

I thought that was funny.

"Peston got the chop "

He certainly didn't get a chance to keep asking questions. Hancock was polite and moved to the next question.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"He is a smarmy and arrogant just like Gove.

He might have those traits in his jobs, but that wasn't the man we saw at the press conference. His body language wasn't of an arrogant man. "

I would say that's precisely what we saw at thr Press Conference. Complete disdain for the ordinary person.

He might have those traits in his jobs, but that wasn't the man we saw at the press conference. His body language wasn't of an arrogant man.

I would say that's precisely what we saw at thr Press Conference. Complete disdain for the ordinary person."

I suggest you look at body language of different people in the media, the way he held himself as he walked to the table, the way he was sitting and shuffling papers... The man was not in his comfort zone, was not confident.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"He was asked if those people who were fined re childcare issues and reports he'll find out from the treasury.

Most of the other Cummings questions are simply old hat now.

An interesting question because if people were stopped and they said they were travelling for child care it would show that DC is not the only one in the country who travelled for that reason."

Nobody doubts that and they were right to be dealt with, however none of them were co creators of the lockdown rules were they?

By *9cumcum69Man  over a year ago

Llanelli/ South West

"Dont think it's going away.Its brought into sharp focus the power he has.

What spin dr gets his own press conference?"

He's thrown the gauntlet down at the press and from here on in, there will only be one outcome. His arrogance will be his undoing. Taxi for Dom

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

govt spokesperson has come out and said there will no "cummings clause" and the law will remain as it is.......

squashed that one sharpish!

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Hope all refunds include 6% per day interest as it your right to claim when owed money.

Courts are going to be very busy over the next few months - that's if, they still think there is a case to answer which now will be very hard to justify.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Much as it was distasteful that he not only travelled to Durham but I believe that he was at work whilst his wife was displaying symptoms ?

I could get over that if in actual fact he is the brains in the government

But surely even a total half wit wouldn't own up to driving with any sight defect, there must be a law broken there as it's as bad as d*unk driving and for that I really hope he gets sacked and consigned to a life of poverty

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hope all refunds include 6% per day interest as it your right to claim when owed money.

Courts are going to be very busy over the next few months - that's if, they still think there is a case to answer which now will be very hard to justify."

already said there will be no change in the law.......

I would say that's precisely what we saw at thr Press Conference. Complete disdain for the ordinary person.

I suggest you look at body language of different people in the media, the way he held himself as he walked to the table, the way he was sitting and shuffling papers... The man was not in his comfort zone, was not confident. "

Just because he didn’t look comfortable in the press conference doesn’t mean he’s not an arrogant man.

Also, who is to say he wasn’t coached on how to behave in order to elicit sympathy?

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I suggest you look at body language of different people in the media, the way he held himself as he walked to the table, the way he was sitting and shuffling papers... The man was not in his comfort zone, was not confident.

Just because he didn’t look comfortable in the press conference doesn’t mean he’s not an arrogant man.

Also, who is to say he wasn’t coached on how to behave in order to elicit sympathy?"

I suspect it will carry on for a while yet as the media want their blood and the opposition parties desperately need him gone so they don't have to come up against him again.

Also, who is to say he wasn’t coached on how to behave in order to elicit sympathy?"

I agree his whole message was to garner sympathy and your correct they had 3 days to concoct the statement and do the coaching...the only thing wrong with it was the guilty man was the only one with a so called brain out of the lot of them.

It's no wonder the statement was as bad as prince Andrew's

"Hope all refunds include 6% per day interest as it your right to claim when owed money.

Courts are going to be very busy over the next few months - that's if, they still think there is a case to answer which now will be very hard to justify.

already said there will be no change in the law......."

There is no need for a change in law, because from the beginning there was provision for childcare in exceptional circumstances... I knew at the time, as did some others.... Its not the governments faults people didn't read the detailed guidelines. The fact that people are going to be claiming money back on fines for travelling for child care shows many "broke" the rules anyway.... Should we be called for all those people who were fined to loose their jobs?

People are actually being very childish over this now, he proved that their was a clause in the guidelines, under that clause he made his decision... People must get over it now

There is no need for a change in law, because from the beginning there was provision for childcare in exceptional circumstances... I knew at the time, as did some others.... Its not the governments faults people didn't read the detailed guidelines. The fact that people are going to be claiming money back on fines for travelling for child care shows many "broke" the rules anyway.... Should we be called for all those people who were fined to loose their jobs?

People are actually being very childish over this now, he proved that their was a clause in the guidelines, under that clause he made his decision... People must get over it now "

The only change that came was for victims of abuse that would have vaguely made what he did lawful and that came in after the event.

But even so he did not fall into that change of the rules.

By *andy dickCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Here we go again WHY don't the PM and DC GROW a pair of BALLS and do the right thing PM sack him DC just GO

Now DC has the Police to look after him and WE the Public are paying for that with all of this HE SHOULD PAY FOR THAT

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

People are actually being very childish over this now, he proved that their was a clause in the guidelines, under that clause he made his decision... People must get over it now "

They broke the law and have been punished accordingly. Mr Cummings on the other hand, not so much. And before you shout CHILD CARE! CHILD CARE! I'm talking about the day trip, the testing eye sight excuse is just that, an excuse, he still broke the law, regardless of the excuse

ROMFORD

Honest question.

Are they guidelines or law?

"Honest question.

Are they guidelines or law?"

If you broke the rules you could get a fine...so that says it's the law.

narnia

"Honest question.

Are they guidelines or law?"

Act of Parliament.. Law

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

The government will hold out and hope the story disappears and dies a death, i doubt if he will resign and BJ does not want to sack him.

If he had apologised and resigned, and most likely be brought back in at some point I think they would have got away with that, but the whole story they have come up with has so many holes in it, and as for the eye testing drive, no comment.

milton keynes

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law"

My understanding to and the act includes what punishment can be handed out. As far as I am aware it is only fines

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

My understanding to and the act includes what punishment can be handed out. As far as I am aware it is only fines"

It's guidelines, not law.... When I was putting my safety plan in place for childcare for my children I spoke to the police and the social services. Social services reiterated to me that's they are only guidelines, and the police told me that they are dealing with each situation on a case by case basis... If it eas black and white law, the police would not have the discretion to deal with lock down breaches on a case by case basis. I was worried because the only safe solution for my kids, if I ended up in hospital Would have broken lock down rules, so I sought advice, and I read the detailed guidelines myself at the time

narnia

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

My understanding to and the act includes what punishment can be handed out. As far as I am aware it is only fines

It's guidelines, not law.... When I was putting my safety plan in place for childcare for my children I spoke to the police and the social services. Social services reiterated to me that's they are only guidelines, and the police told me that they are dealing with each situation on a case by case basis... If it eas black and white law, the police would not have the discretion to deal with lock down breaches on a case by case basis. I was worried because the only safe solution for my kids, if I ended up in hospital Would have broken lock down rules, so I sought advice, and I read the detailed guidelines myself at the time"

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2020/7/contents

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

It's guidelines, not law.... When I was putting my safety plan in place for childcare for my children I spoke to the police and the social services. Social services reiterated to me that's they are only guidelines, and the police told me that they are dealing with each situation on a case by case basis... If it eas black and white law, the police would not have the discretion to deal with lock down breaches on a case by case basis. I was worried because the only safe solution for my kids, if I ended up in hospital Would have broken lock down rules, so I sought advice, and I read the detailed guidelines myself at the time

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law.. "

Well then I guess someone should tell social services and the police that, because I was given the advice from them.... Although my enquiry was around child care, and the government guidelines does make provision for exceptional circumstances. So again it's about how it's interpreted

milton keynes

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

Well then I guess someone should tell social services and the police that, because I was given the advice from them.... Although my enquiry was around child care, and the government guidelines does make provision for exceptional circumstances. So again it's about how it's interpreted "

Maybe this is why SKS has not challenged the legality of what Cummings done. He is a legal expert yet surprisingly quiet when it came to the legal aspects of it all. I suspect he understands the rules and knows it can reasonably be interpreted in the way you was advised.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

The guy who.is the special advisor to the PM unelected and holds a press conference at 10 downing street breaks rules and driving laws and you say

People MUST get over it now.

Get a grip of yourself....he deserves to be sack and charged with being in charge of a vehicle whilst not fit to drive ....

That mob must lap people like you up....

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Cummings has made his career on the back of attacking “Elitism” and an out of touch Westminster “bubble.”

No irony then that he is literally unable to accept that he has done anything wrong because of the “important work” that he had and the “tricky situation” that he found himself in.

The guy simply cannot understand or accept the concept that his situation was not at all special / or unusual and millions of people ignored their own instincts in the same/similar/worse situations for the greater good of adhering to the guidance.

Because he can’t accept this - he is unable to comprehend the simple question of “what would happen if everyone behaved that way that you did?”

He can’t answer because he can’t empathise and he can’t empathise because he is the very definition of the “out of touch elite” that he has spent his career railling against.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Courts are going to be very busy over the next few months - that's if, they still think there is a case to answer which now will be very hard to justify."

6% per day?

Source please...

Northampton

".I suggest you look at body language of different people in the media, the way he held himself as he walked to the table, the way he was sitting and shuffling papers... The man was not in his comfort zone, was not confident. "

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I'll stand by my assertion.

He did not regret what he did, or show any remorse.

Put it this way, if it was Sadiq Khan who had done this.....every single person who is defending Cummings would literally be screaming for Khan to go. I think the Daily Mail would of spontaneously combusted!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Cummings was a man who thought he could flee the virus hot-spot of London, and go up to the cleaner North.

He got caught out. The excuses are poor. He's showing no regrets, Boris is standing by him and that's pulling him down as well.

However, do the Press think there's anymore mileage in this story? They queue up to ask banal and repetitive questions at press conferences, when they could be asking more probing questions. No wonder Matt Hancock swatted Robert Peston away in such a dismissive way.

liverpool

"Put it this way, if it was Sadiq Khan who had done this.....every single person who is defending Cummings would literally be screaming for Khan to go. I think the Daily Mail would of spontaneously combusted!"

Imagine if it was diane Abbott.

He should become an actor then.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I disagree. He hasn’t proved anything. He has come up with a long winded story of what he did ‘just in case’. I have read and re-read the guidance and I don’t see anything that states you can travel with symptoms ‘just in case’ to another town hundreds of miles away.

He broke the rules and it’s clear. The whole aftermath is shocking. Government finding every way to say what he did is ok when the masses don’t think it.

"Cummings was a man who thought he could flee the virus hot-spot of London, and go up to the cleaner North.

He got caught out. The excuses are poor. He's showing no regrets, Boris is standing by him and that's pulling him down as well.

However, do the Press think there's anymore mileage in this story? They queue up to ask banal and repetitive questions at press conferences, when they could be asking more probing questions. No wonder Matt Hancock swatted Robert Peston away in such a dismissive way.

"

They wouldn’t have to continue to ask those questions if Government dealt with the issue.

liverpool

People are actually being very childish over this now, he proved that their was a clause in the guidelines, under that clause he made his decision... People must get over it now

I disagree. He hasn’t proved anything. He has come up with a long winded story of what he did ‘just in case’. I have read and re-read the guidance and I don’t see anything that states you can travel with symptoms ‘just in case’ to another town hundreds of miles away.

He broke the rules and it’s clear. The whole aftermath is shocking. Government finding every way to say what he did is ok when the masses don’t think it. "

That's what an 80 seat majority gets you.

You can literally do anything you want and people will just shrug their shoulders.

He broke the rules and it’s clear. The whole aftermath is shocking. Government finding every way to say what he did is ok when the masses don’t think it.

You can literally do anything you want and people will just shrug their shoulders."

This is the bigger picture though. If a person can walk away from this as a government advisor clearly breaking the rules and supported by just a few then we are all stuffed.

liverpool

You can literally do anything you want and people will just shrug their shoulders.

This is the bigger picture though. If a person can walk away from this as a government advisor clearly breaking the rules and supported by just a few then we are all stuffed. "

He is immensely powerful..I think that's why the media are baying for blood.

I think the last few months have shown a lot of people simply dont care what the gmnt get upto.They will back them regardless.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Put it this way, if it was Sadiq Khan who had done this.....every single person who is defending Cummings would literally be screaming for Khan to go. I think the Daily Mail would of spontaneously combusted!

Imagine if it was diane Abbott."

and all the people who want cummings head on a pole would be backing khan or abbott lol

liverpool

"Put it this way, if it was Sadiq Khan who had done this.....every single person who is defending Cummings would literally be screaming for Khan to go. I think the Daily Mail would of spontaneously combusted!

and all the people who want cummings head on a pole would be backing khan or abbott lol "

Khan or Abbott would be out on their ear within seconds.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

and all the people who want cummings head on a pole would be backing khan or abbott lol

Khan or Abbott would be out on their ear within seconds."

hahaha alrite mate course they would all the rats do anythibg to keep there noses in the trough.oh there labour i fotlrgot there beyond reproach

and all the people who want cummings head on a pole would be backing khan or abbott lol "

See, that is where you are wrong. I'd say he had been a twat and have to go.

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

Well then I guess someone should tell social services and the police that, because I was given the advice from them.... Although my enquiry was around child care, and the government guidelines does make provision for exceptional circumstances. So again it's about how it's interpreted

Maybe this is why SKS has not challenged the legality of what Cummings done. He is a legal expert yet surprisingly quiet when it came to the legal aspects of it all. I suspect he understands the rules and knows it can reasonably be interpreted in the way you was advised. "

Maybe he's just biding his time, letting them dig a deeper hole / ditch.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That last half hour in front of the contrition mirror was the longest of his life!

Also, who is to say he wasn’t coached on how to behave in order to elicit sympathy?

He should become an actor then. "

It's not hard to teach people how to behave differently for an hour, unfortunately the smug grin that crept across his face as he was walking away let him down, as 'dupers delight' often does with sociopaths.

Factually wrong, sorry. The clause was added following representations from women's groups who are providing emergency accommodation to women and children fleeing domestic violence during the lockdown. It was actually added AFTER Cummings drove up to Durham. The press conference was an act from start to finish and full of lies. Current Criminal QC said it's the kind of dribble every criminal whose broken the law comes out with and former Ch Supt. in Durham says it wouldn't have convinced him if he'd been interviewing Cummings as an offender under caution. An act full of lies.

Northampton

"hahaha alrite mate course they would all the rats do anythibg to keep there noses in the trough.oh there labour i fotlrgot there beyond reproach"

I presume you're not a Labour voter. However, anyone can objectively see that Abbott was treated horrendously.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

Maybe this is why SKS has not challenged the legality of what Cummings done. He is a legal expert yet surprisingly quiet when it came to the legal aspects of it all. I suspect he understands the rules and knows it can reasonably be interpreted in the way you was advised. "

Starmer is also not a halfwit.

He is leaving this as a people Vs BoJo/Cummings and not getting directly involved politically.

BoJo/Cummings tried to make it people Vs Parliament. They split the country on Brexit which nobody much cared about before.

Now they have set the tone they are seeing the consequences themselves.

"

What about this? The grapevine states the fines won't be reviewed?

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

"Peston got the chop "

Matt Handjob shat it from the follow up question and cut him off.

Coward of a man.

milton keynes

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

Maybe this is why SKS has not challenged the legality of what Cummings done. He is a legal expert yet surprisingly quiet when it came to the legal aspects of it all. I suspect he understands the rules and knows it can reasonably be interpreted in the way you was advised.

He is leaving this as a people Vs BoJo/Cummings and not getting directly involved politically.

BoJo/Cummings tried to make it people Vs Parliament. They split the country on Brexit which nobody much cared about before.

Now they have set the tone they are seeing the consequences themselves."

Starmer is intelligent and very much a legal expert. I thought originally D.C. saying he acted legally was a mistake as starmer would soon point out he did not act legally. I am surprised starmer has been so quiet on the legal aspect

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Starmer is intelligent and very much a legal expert. I thought originally D.C. saying he acted legally was a mistake as starmer would soon point out he did not act legally. I am surprised starmer has been so quiet on the legal aspect"

wont need to if Durham police do their job properly... if fact he probably has a better insight than anyone being a former head of the CPS/DPP

i don't think it will take that long for them to "crack" the bernard castle story....

question then becomes do the Met then look at the Original Trip....

"Honest question.

Act of Parliament.. Law

UK Coronavirus Act 2020

Act of Parliament, law..

Now they have set the tone they are seeing the consequences themselves.

Starmer is intelligent and very much a legal expert. I thought originally D.C. saying he acted legally was a mistake as starmer would soon point out he did not act legally. I am surprised starmer has been so quiet on the legal aspect"

I think Starmer is waiting until PMQs also there is an old saying that you ‘never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake ‘

milton keynes

"

Starmer is intelligent and very much a legal expert. I thought originally D.C. saying he acted legally was a mistake as starmer would soon point out he did not act legally. I am surprised starmer has been so quiet on the legal aspect

wont need to if Durham police do their job properly... if fact he probably has a better insight than anyone being a former head of the CPS/DPP

i don't think it will take that long for them to "crack" the bernard castle story....

question then becomes do the Met then look at the Original Trip...."

I agree he has a better insight into it thats why I am supprised in his silence. maybe he is awaiting the police response first.

» Add a new message to this topic