FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The lockdown..

The lockdown..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Given Durham police as reported by the telegraph are saying cummings broke the rules in travelling to barnard castle..

Do people think others may now also do what they deem necessary as there will be no sanctions for him..

Will this further undermine the core message from the government?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

I think this one has been done to death.

He did wrong, we know that, but he has no empathy or humility, and brazen enough to take no notice of the country.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Given Durham police as reported by the telegraph are saying cummings broke the rules in travelling to barnard castle..

Do people think others may now also do what they deem necessary as there will be no sanctions for him..

Will this further undermine the core message from the government? "

It absolutely undermines a message that the government themselves had already trashed with the stay alert nonsense. Police are already reporting that members of the public are telling them “if it’s alright for Cummings...”

It suits those who care little for the wellbeing of others, including all our newly converted mental health crusaders, who strangely didn’t mention it much before it became the Daily Mail’s reason for ending lockdown!

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 13:30:51]

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

If the police say he broke the rules they should fine him then it settles it, if not I think the press need to give up on it and move on. Heard they were dropping fines to others because of it, if they fine him they can keep all those already in place. Think they should me means tested fines though as £100 to one could be a lot to pay where others wouldn’t care, needs to be an amount that hits home.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I think this one has been done to death.

He did wrong, we know that, but he has no empathy or humility, and brazen enough to take no notice of the country."

This...if I never the hear the mans name again it will be too soon

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Mods can you remove this please, I put it in the virus section as the question is about the effects or not on others perception and behaviours re the ongoing lockdown..

Now there's two similar threads running so can we chop this one please..?

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Given Durham police as reported by the telegraph are saying cummings broke the rules in travelling to barnard castle..

Will this further undermine the core message from the government? "

I think a lot of people are thoroughly pissed off, they won't follow guidelines. Even boris won't make it law that you have to self isolate, he virtually said that by not answering the question.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Mods can you remove this please, I put it in the virus section as the question is about the effects or not on others perception and behaviours re the ongoing lockdown..

Now there's two similar threads running so can we chop this one please..? "

» Add a new message to this topic