FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump vs Twitter

Trump vs Twitter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Over 103,000 Americans dead on his watch; largely due to his ineptitude as a leader.

So, what's he concentrating all his energy on? Restricting freedom of speech - on his own favourite social media platform - just because they dared to call him out for making a claim that could not be verified as fact.

He's getting stuck into China for the legislation they intend to pass in Hong Kong, barring criticism of the CCP and its leadership (amongst other things). Morally, that's the right thing to do, if you believe dictatorship is wrong.

However, at the same time, in the land of the free, he's trying to take a massive shit on the 1st Amendment; making him even more like Xi, or Putin - neither of whom care for the lives of their citizens either - than any US President ought to be.

WTF happened, America?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Over 103,000 Americans dead on his watch; largely due to his ineptitude as a leader.

So, what's he concentrating all his energy on? Restricting freedom of speech - on his own favourite social media platform - just because they dared to call him out for making a claim that could not be verified as fact.

He's getting stuck into China for the legislation they intend to pass in Hong Kong, barring criticism of the CCP and its leadership (amongst other things). Morally, that's the right thing to do, if you believe dictatorship is wrong.

However, at the same time, in the land of the free, he's trying to take a massive shit on the 1st Amendment; making him even more like Xi, or Putin - neither of whom care for the lives of their citizens either - than any US President ought to be.

WTF happened, America?"

I think the USA is in a steep decline and is a divided nation due to the extreme rhetoric coming out of the likes of Trump. They are so busy infighting and claiming fake news if they have no argument that they are breaking up their long held unified strength.

Trump will claim victory on Covid as it didn’t kill two million Americans as feared.

My worry is we are letting Boris follow his lead and he too is happy to adopt lying as part of his control.

Where are the graphs showing the league table of deaths due to Covid? We are due a gold medal for taking top spot surely?

1 Billion items of PPE that turned out to be mops and buckets as well as counting individual gloves. That was blatant lies about the numbers of PPE being supplied.

We are beginning to expect and accept the lies.

Move over Trump we’ll be with you soon.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

It's wonderful Twitter started fact checking trumps lies, but they should have started doing it 4 years ago. This poorest excuse for a president has told over 18,000 lies so far and he's never going to quit.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the problem is if anyone else had made comments such as that they would have found themselves in "twitter jail" (been there once myself!) or been kicked off...

twitter has a weird problem is that righties think twitter is liberal leaning (it probably is!) but lefties thing righties get away with a lot more on twitter (again... they probably do!)

twitter in my opinion should have just kicked off trump years ago.... and because he knows they wont he has insinuated everything from racist material to murder!

i think twitter have gotten to the stage were they are thinking the flack is not worth having him online....

so the "fact checking" is one part... they have flagged up another of his posts this morning for "violent rhetoric".... and i think the point has come where they may well "cut him off".........

trump would go "off it" in twitter jail!!!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Imagine if he gets in again.

The worrying thing is we have seen similiar but more subtle attempts to silence criticism.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If places like twitter where not around Trump might not be president.

If ever I needed proof that I am right that twitter and facebook should not exist this is proof.

Trump to a greater or lesser degree is no different to others on this site,although has more readers than many due to his fame that existed before he became president.

The internet does a lot of damage to this world,more so than the virus,probably killed more people to in different ways

If you take Trump off Twitter you need to take thousands of others off to.leave him and others on twitter is a force for evil.

Ok it does a lot of good to,maybe you cannot have one without the other.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"If places like twitter where not around Trump might not be president.

If ever I needed proof that I am right that twitter and facebook should not exist this is proof.

Trump to a greater or lesser degree is no different to others on this site,although has more readers than many due to his fame that existed before he became president.

The internet does a lot of damage to this world,more so than the virus,probably killed more people to in different ways

If you take Trump off Twitter you need to take thousands of others off to.leave him and others on twitter is a force for evil.

Ok it does a lot of good to,maybe you cannot have one without the other."

I agree with you on Twitter, but would expand it to all Social Media. To an extent this site can be as intolerant sometimes. It isn’t the site though, it is the people using it. Hard to put the Genie back in the bottle sadly

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Imagine if he gets in again.

The worrying thing is we have seen similar but more subtle attempts to silence criticism."

That's what worries me most. The increase in the numbers of people, in the West, who would rather put up with that sort of shit and be comfortable in an autocracy, than live in a democracy where they have have the freedom to question injustice.

China, unfortunately, is a good example for the "Democracy isn't that great" brigade. Pre-Covid 19, Trump thought Xi was great (other than a trade spat they both largely backed away from). He's praised Putin and MBS; even Kim.

The truth is, he envies them their absolute power. It must have come as a shock to him that, as POTUS, you can't literally do anything you want. The fact that he still can't cope with that shows a level of denial we haven't seen since Berlin in 1945.

If you think that's an invalid comparison, then consider that we're talking about two men, both utterly self absorbed, caring nothing about the bodies of their citizens piling up around them, as they rant about how badly they're being let down.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"If places like twitter where not around Trump might not be president.

Ok it does a lot of good to,maybe you cannot have one without the other.

I agree with you on Twitter, but would expand it to all Social Media. To an extent this site can be as intolerant sometimes. It isn’t the site though, it is the people using it. Hard to put the Genie back in the bottle sadly "

» Add a new message to this topic