FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tell me who

Tell me who

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackem5555 OP   Man  over a year ago

bishop auckland

Will somebody please tell me WHO would have done everything perfect due to the pandemic,no country in the world has got it right but as a NHS worker most of the fucking bullshit put out by the media is totally politically biased against the government like them or not,just think about what might have happened has Corbin been brought to power,please no left wing rants just a honest answer to a honest question

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

To true mate its a great platform to bash the government if you support another political party and still bitter that they lost.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"Will somebody please tell me WHO would have done everything perfect due to the pandemic,no country in the world has got it right but as a NHS worker most of the fucking bullshit put out by the media is totally politically biased against the government like them or not,just think about what might have happened has Corbin been brought to power,please no left wing rants just a honest answer to a honest question"

I don't think anyone would have been 100% perfect given the fact that this hasn't happened in our lifetime and being a new virus there is so much to learn,I do however think some other countries have handled it better and been better prepared.

The main thing is for the government to admit when they have got it wrong, been far more open and transparent and learnt from other countries that are clearly doing a more efficient job.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Will somebody please tell me WHO would have done everything perfect due to the pandemic,no country in the world has got it right but as a NHS worker most of the fucking bullshit put out by the media is totally politically biased against the government like them or not,just think about what might have happened has Corbin been brought to power,please no left wing rants just a honest answer to a honest question"

They will be here soon enough

"To true mate its a great platform to bash the government if you support another political party and still bitter that they lost. "

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Now the Cummings thing has basically been put to bed. I noticed that the puppetmedia have now jumped onto the so called experts who have decented with the pace of the un lockdown timetable.

Glad to see they have dropped the mask fearmongering BS for the time being though....

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Couldn’t of said it better myself ... this is on the job learning at its worst ... trying to accommodate 65 million people is no easy task at best .... hey thanks, yr doing a great job

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

An honest answer, I wouldn't expect any government anywhere to get everything right, mistakes will be made

However honesty begins with admitting to your mistakes and apologising, being transparent and not lying or trying to cover them up; denying you've made mistakes, or refusing to talk, discuss or explain about them.

This will only erode public confidence in a government no matter what their political beliefs are.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I love the way people put up a political post and then say dont let get this get political.

Cromer

In your private message to me (which wasn't necessary) you said the government had admitted mistakes and apologised on many occasions, can you tell me what they have said they have done wrong please as I must have missed it.thanks

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

What's the question? Which country got things better?

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

New Zealand have practically got it right. Low death rate and "has all but eradicated" the virus.

Cromer

"What's the question? Which country got things better? "

No, I think the question actually was 'why are the media blaming the government for things when Corbyn would have been worse?' just worded differently

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"To true mate its a great platform to bash the government if you support another political party and still bitter that they lost. "

Only about 30% of those eligible to vote voted for Boris so the other two thirds could have an axe to grind.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How do we know Corbyn would have been worse ?

Tonbridge

"Will somebody please tell me WHO would have done everything perfect due to the pandemic,no country in the world has got it right but as a NHS worker most of the fucking bullshit put out by the media is totally politically biased against the government like them or not,just think about what might have happened has Corbin been brought to power,please no left wing rants just a honest answer to a honest question

New Zealand have practically got it right. Low death rate and "has all but eradicated" the virus."

With their population density and geography, their R number probably never got much above 1 before they locked down.

Cromer

"How do we know Corbyn would have been worse ?"

Nobody does, it just seems to be a running theme amongst those who don't like the government being criticized

Blackpool

Corbyn, would have been on the phone to hezbollah asking for advice

By *abyblueeyescoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 13:55:28]

By *abyblueeyescoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hastings

"How do we know Corbyn would have been worse ?"

Because he’s an incompetent idiot....

Blackpool

On a serious note, I think there will be a lot of heat around the Cheltenham _estival and the Liverpool football match, figures in have already shown hotspots and hospital uptick in those areas,

Central

"What's the question? Which country got things better?

No, I think the question actually was 'why are the media blaming the government for things when Corbyn would have been worse?' just worded differently "

Thanks.

Op We employ the government, they serve us. It is thus appropriate to hold them all to account, in our democracy.

As others have said, this has been fairly novel, so there's been limited prior experience and learning on the job. We thus should expect little to be perfect but also for full honesty and transparency.

The media is generally supportive of this government and has been since 2010. Murdoch is a staunch supporter. The Telegraph and Mail groups the same. The BBC is too frightened to criticise, as they don't want further income cuts. That's a huge proportion of the media that are supporting the government that serves us.

Germany had fairly parallel infection progression to us, if you go to March. Then both countries altered drastically. South Korea, New Zealand, Australia and others have managed things differently and got different results.

No individual country can be slow to learn and adjust its approach. The UK had a head start, as it practiced an epidemic rehearsal within months of the real thing. Supplies, sourcing, staffing, key workers etc were all covered. It was rehearsed as a novel flu epidemic, that could have been like the Spanish flu. Unfortunately we didn't revise many things afterwards that were shown to be areas for improvement.

I am critical of all parties and countries overall. Their jobs are to serve the citizens.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"who would have done everything perfect"

A silly way of putting it; no one could have been perfect.

Would a Labour government have done better? I have no idea. No one does. It's a waste of time to discuss - and just seems like a distraction tactic.

If the government has made mistakes, it's important to recognise that so we can learn lessons.

Blandly ignoring reality doesn't help anyone (other than the politicians who made the mistakes).

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Exactly, its hypothetical.

How do we know any other leader couldn't have done better or worse than Boris.

You can only make a judgement/ comparison on the actual performance of the Boris with P.M.s of other countries who are dealing with Covid in similar circumstances.

Albeit because of UK Covid lag we should be learning from best practice / mistakes in other countries, and be doing better than them.

Central

Whilst this is the Virus section, if op wanted a political discussion, it would likely be better in the Politics section.

Leeds

"How do we know Corbyn would have been worse ?

Because he’s an incompetent idiot...."

But it would be Kier Starmer in charge, not Corbyn

near ipswich

"Whilst this is the Virus section, if op wanted a political discussion, it would likely be better in the Politics section. "
It is the political section.

Blackpool

It's been moved to politics section

The problem lies in this ridiculous exceptionalism that permeates this country. How many times did we hear '5th biggest economy' during the whole Brexit thing. 'Easiest deal in history'...'they need us more than we need them'....blah blah blah.

Problem is, this virus has exposed how far we have fallen behind the likes of Germany, hell, even Greece dealt with it way better than us. Boris said this county was one of the best prepared with the best testing facilities....utter shit. We even got notice of how bad it would be from Italy. The notion that we are still somehow leading the world in anything is in tatters.

This is why people criticise the government. 9 years of austerity, this virus and this shower of incompetent fuckwits have led to where we are now and they are still insisting Brexit is gonna go well. Jesus, they can't even get an effective tracing and tracking system going.

It's not a right or left issue, it's the fact we have all been let down by governments of all parties. Just so happens this lot are really shockingly incompetent. I don't know what it will take for some to admit it.

near ipswich

But it would be Kier Starmer in charge, not Corbyn"

No it wouldnt, corbyn was leader of the opposition in the last election and still would be if he had won.

Central

"Whilst this is the Virus section, if op wanted a political discussion, it would likely be better in the Politics section. It is the political section. "

It was initially in the virus section and got moved just after I posted that

London

Deaths yesterday across Europe:

Spain 2

Italy 87

Germany 24

France 52

Turkey 28

Belgium 42

Sweden 84

Portugal 14

Ireland 6

Poland 13

Romania 13

Hungary 8

Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Irrelevant, hypothetical, comparing him with what any british politician might have done.

If you must make comparisons with Boris's actual performance, then do it against leaders/ prime ministers of other countries who have also been dealing with Covid virus.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Will somebody please tell me WHO would have done everything perfect due to the pandemic,no country in the world has got it right but as a NHS worker most of the fucking bullshit put out by the media is totally politically biased against the government like them or not,just think about what might have happened has Corbin been brought to power,please no left wing rants just a honest answer to a honest question

New Zealand have practically got it right. Low death rate and "has all but eradicated" the virus.

With their population density and geography, their R number probably never got much above 1 before they locked down."

Ok, your point being what, they locked down too early??

liverpool

No, I think the question actually was 'why are the media blaming the government for things when Corbyn would have been worse?' just worded differently "

But it's not political.

Cromer

No, I think the question actually was 'why are the media blaming the government for things when Corbyn would have been worse?' just worded differently

But it's not political."

No absolutely not political

liverpool

As has been proven a million times it's a pointless exercise and just a rather pitiful attempt to let the current shambles be in any way accountable.

Seeing as we have one of the highest death rates in the world. I feel like it's appropriate to ask questions of the government.

If over 30,000 people dying doesn't make you want to ask questions, then maybe you need to consider why you're anger has so easily been diverted to the media instead of those in charge of this situation?

However if it helps you to speculate about how well people you don't like would be doing. Work away. I don't think Ronald McDonald would be much cop right now as PM.

But it would be Kier Starmer in charge, not CorbynNo it wouldnt, corbyn was leader of the opposition in the last election and still would be if he had won."

How would Mr Blobby be faring? Maybe we could debate that instead instead of looking at what the actual government are actually doing in real life?

And Johnson and co aren't? Lolololololol

Thanks for that. Your utter naivety and blind hero worship have made my day. Lol.

Tonbridge

With their population density and geography, their R number probably never got much above 1 before they locked down.

Ok, your point being what, they locked down too early??"

My point is that they had an easy job bridging the spread back down to zero because it was barely spreading in the first place.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

But it would be Kier Starmer in charge, not Corbyn"

Had Corbyn had won the last GE why do you think starmer would be PM?

"

Seeing as this is an entirely fictional scenario, surely people can make up anything they like?

It's just more bullshit to distract from how badly the actual government is performing.

Leeds

"

It's just more bullshit to distract from how badly the actual government is performing."

Good answer

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Seeing as this is an entirely fictional scenario, surely people can make up anything they like?

It's just more bullshit to distract from how badly the actual government is performing."

Corbyn being PM and dealing with this is hypothetical of course.

Starmer being PM if corbyn had won the GE is most curious. Maybe he planned to stand down straight after winning lol

London

Ok, your point being what, they locked down too early??

My point is that they had an easy job bridging the spread back down to zero because it was barely spreading in the first place."

Might have been an easier job, but they made it even easier by not entertaining the idea of going for herd immunity like we did, thus losing valuable time.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

This is as apt for trying to stop press questions as much as the opposition"

"The Poke has the scoop on the next changes:

Boris Johnson bans political subjects from Prime Minister’s Questions

May 29, 2020

Written by Chris Ballard

The Prime Minister is banning politics from PMQs in order to prevent ‘unfair’ lines of questioning.

At yesterday’s coronavirus press briefing Boris Johnson was forced to intervene to prevent his scientific and medical advisers answering ‘political’ questions about whether Dominic Cummings breached the rules of lockdown.

This sort of thing is a dangerous step towards political accountability – a trend that Boris is keen to nip in the bud as soon as possible.

“From now on, politics will be kept out of the House of Commons,” he explained.

“PMQs, in particular, should be completely free from the sort of political spiff-spaff the public is fed up with and has absolutely no interest in.

“So no questions about me or my work. Once I’ve done something political, we need to draw a line under it and move on. After all, I’m the Prime Minister and as such everything I do is extremely political.

“The economy? Political.

“Our response to coronavirus? Political.

“The fact that government advisers are allowed to operate outside the law, a phenomenon which highlights the appalling privileges enjoyed by the ruling elite? Jolly political indeed!

“The Leader of the Opposition can limit his questions to the weather, holidays, have you seen any good films recently – you know, polite barbershop style chitchat.”

In completely unrelated news, Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty and Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance will now both be permanently wearing face masks.

“It’s obviously because of the coronavirus,” explained Boris. “They’re both keen to adopt best practice wherever possible.”

“Mmph, mmph, mmph,” said the experts"

West London

Corbyn is not Prime Minister and he will not be running again so utterly pointless distraction.

The governments of: Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Norway, The Czech Republic, Slovakia Portugal and Greece, amongst others, have all, managed to do significantly better.

So there are very probably a few British people who also could have done. Not Conservative ones though because any who were competent, regardless of if their policies are palatable or not, were purged.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

purged?i thought mist of them either didnt run at the last g.e or lost there seats

West London

"purged?i thought mist of them either didnt run at the last g.e or lost there seats"

Most did not fight there seats.

A lot of them had the whip removed.

Why do so many experienced MPs retire at once?

There was, and is, no place for them in the party anymore.

Constructive dismissal is still dismissal.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"purged?i thought mist of them either didnt run at the last g.e or lost there seats

Constructive dismissal is still dismissal."

im guessing they quit as they knew boris was goung to win the GE and knew there dream of remaing in the e.u in some form was finally going to be over

How do you know?! He didn't get the job?! The "he would've been worse" argument is as ridiculous as "well such and such did this" when whoever they voted for does something shitty...pointless and not at all helpful

West London

"purged?i thought mist of them either didnt run at the last g.e or lost there seats

im guessing they quit as they knew boris was goung to win the GE and knew there dream of remaing in the e.u in some form was finally going to be over"

Many of them were ambivalent about the EU.

They walked away after they fought the litigation of Parliament with the dodgiest of pretexts.

Essentially the suspension of democracy to benefit an individual's political requirements.

You look at it any way you like. but there is nobody of any experience or consequence in the party.

What "luck" for BoJo/Cummings eh?

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

No one can be perfect lol, I'm not an SNP supporter but Sturgeon has impressed the hell out of me for her handling of this I have to say.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Now the Cummings thing has basically been put to bed. I noticed that the puppetmedia have now jumped onto the so called experts who have decented with the pace of the un lockdown timetable.

Glad to see they have dropped the mask fearmongering BS for the time being though.... "

I take it you mean it's been "put to bed" by the statement that he'll resign in due course

West London

im guessing they quit as they knew boris was goung to win the GE and knew there dream of remaing in the e.u in some form was finally going to be over

Many of them were ambivalent about the EU.

They walked away after they fought the litigation of Parliament with the dodgiest of pretexts.

Essentially the suspension of democracy to benefit an individual's political requirements.

You look at it any way you like. but there is nobody of any experience or consequence in the party.

What "luck" for BoJo/Cummings eh?"

Prorogation*

» Add a new message to this topic