Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Oh yes.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Public version released at 10am."
,,! I wonder what time , day , week , month ,year it would have been published if Cummings & Johnson had successfully installed Chris Grayling ( if at all )

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Tik-tok, tik-tok...

I wonder how long...

By *rSinCityMan  over a year ago

London

Who cares? They are reporting basic and general information like "Uk top target for Russia". Oh yes, it couldnt be more unspecific and general info

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Didn't even investigate Brexit interference?

here

Report available in full - online - read it and decide for yourself.

Or you could wait for the hacks to reinterpret it ...

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Didn't even investigate Brexit interference?"

Small beer.

liverpool

Did he give an explanation on why it wasn't published before the election?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Did he give an explanation on why it wasn't published before the election?"

Apparently he lied. I know who'd have thunked it

liverpool

"Did he give an explanation on why it wasn't published before the election?

Apparently he lied. I know who'd have thunked it "

No!!!

Surely not?

liverpool

Gmnt refusing an enquiry

Just full of surprises today

here

An enquiry into the contents of the report would achieve what exactly?

liverpool

"An enquiry into the contents of the report would achieve what exactly? "

Nothing whatever obviously.

I mean the pm has just blatantly lied so obviously nothing to see here.

Is there anything this gmnt would actually do you could even be mildly critical of?

Can't see what difference an enquiry would make, its quite obvious the Russians have been meddling or trying to, in our domestic politics for quite a few yrs an the current government and the last couple before it have not investigated properly how much effect the Russians have had, even the report itself states there is insufficient evidence to prove how much difference it made in any of the elections or referendums held in the last decade so I can't really see how an enquiry would change that, just take up a lot of time and waste a lot of money that would be better spent elsewhere certainly at this current moment in time. Just my opinion but there it is.

liverpool

"Can't see what difference an enquiry would make, its quite obvious the Russians have been meddling or trying to, in our domestic politics for quite a few yrs an the current government and the last couple before it have not investigated properly how much effect the Russians have had, even the report itself states there is insufficient evidence to prove how much difference it made in any of the elections or referendums held in the last decade so I can't really see how an enquiry would change that, just take up a lot of time and waste a lot of money that would be better spent elsewhere certainly at this current moment in time. Just my opinion but there it is."

Maybe find out why the gmnt sat on it and did nothing?

Why johnson lied about it?

Why the allegations of tampering with Brexit where totally ignored?

If the tampering had any effect on the result?

liverpool

As an aside if anyone was in any doubt about the level of disengagement in this country,have a look at the Russia thread on the main forum

The committee highly recommended conducting a report into why Russian interference was not looked into with regards the Brexit vote and other events. So, you clearly know better than the committee??

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The amount of apathy on this issue is shocking. Why bother have an enquiry? Because with investigating we can gauge the methods and extent of interference, thereby giving us the information required to combat it in the future. Or do people just want Britain to close it's eyes bend over so Russia can fuck us?

I feel a lot of it is concern that the legitimacy of the recent political successes will be questioned, but really that's small beer. We're not going to re-run the brexit referendum, or the last general election but maybe we can do something to ensure a foreign state doesn't interfere too much in our next big political decision.

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

It'll achieve something that the government doesn't want it to achieve. I wonder why...

"The amount of apathy on this issue is shocking. Why bother have an enquiry? Because with investigating we can gauge the methods and extent of interference, thereby giving us the information required to combat it in the future. Or do people just want Britain to close it's eyes bend over so Russia can fuck us?

I feel a lot of it is concern that the legitimacy of the recent political successes will be questioned, but really that's small beer. We're not going to re-run the brexit referendum, or the last general election but maybe we can do something to ensure a foreign state doesn't interfere too much in our next big political decision."

Tribalism again....'we won, nothing to see here'. It's totally undermining everything in this country

uk

"The amount of apathy on this issue is shocking. Why bother have an enquiry? Because with investigating we can gauge the methods and extent of interference, thereby giving us the information required to combat it in the future. Or do people just want Britain to close it's eyes bend over so Russia can fuck us?

I feel a lot of it is concern that the legitimacy of the recent political successes will be questioned, but really that's small beer. We're not going to re-run the brexit referendum, or the last general election but maybe we can do something to ensure a foreign state doesn't interfere too much in our next big political decision."

exactly this! If the Russians interfered in 2014, then they surely interfered in 2016, 2017 and 2019. What's going to happen in 2024? Whose really controlling our democracy because it's certainly not the people.

What I really can't understand is the very same people who banged on about democracy don't seem to care that there is evidence that it has been interfered with at least once. As long as they believe that they won. Morons.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

For you nothing, because you’re happy with Brexit and everything the clowns in charge do or have done.

"An enquiry into the contents of the report would achieve what exactly?

For you nothing, because you’re happy with Brexit and everything the clowns in charge do or have done. "

Allegedly, these people love this country. So much so, they don't want to know if their democracy is being undermined by a foreign power. Unbelievable

"Can't see what difference an enquiry would make, its quite obvious the Russians have been meddling or trying to, in our domestic politics for quite a few yrs an the current government and the last couple before it have not investigated properly how much effect the Russians have had, even the report itself states there is insufficient evidence to prove how much difference it made in any of the elections or referendums held in the last decade so I can't really see how an enquiry would change that, just take up a lot of time and waste a lot of money that would be better spent elsewhere certainly at this current moment in time. Just my opinion but there it is.

Maybe find out why the gmnt sat on it and did nothing?

Why johnson lied about it?

Why the allegations of tampering with Brexit where totally ignored?

If the tampering had any effect on the result?"

I get where u are coming from but the report already states there is insufficient evidence to support how much if there meddling had a effect so I can't see how an enquiry will change that, as regards why the government,and not just this one,Cameron and May are also guilty here,has sat on it for so long does need answering i agree but I also think in some ways its obvious why certain people would want this sat on and I don't think a expensive enquiry is needed to prove or show this, seems like there's a lot of fat cats in the Lords chamber that would not have wanted it out. Also I don't think it was just brexit that was ignored it was all of it by sounds of it from the report,indy ref,main elections and brexit.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

What a waste of time and money,now Scotland having an enquiry,pathetic.

What can e do about tell naughty Putin off and he will say it is not true.

Invite him here and spank his bum.

We must be vigilent but protesting and moaning is a waste of time,governments have done the right thing.

liverpool

The fact that the gmnt are refusing an enquiry tells you all you need to know.

liverpool

"What a waste of time and money,now Scotland having an enquiry,pathetic.

We must be vigilent but protesting and moaning is a waste of time,governments have done the right thing."

A waste of time a foreign power interfering in an election and our gmnt doing nothing.

Rightio

uk

We must be vigilent but protesting and moaning is a waste of time,governments have done the right thing."

So we just accept interference in the democracy you hold so precious!

What we can do is investigate votes in 2016, 2017 and 2019 to find out what was done and how we can prevent it in the future so that we can be sure that our elections are truly democratic. That's what you want isn't it? Democracy?

The government withheld an inquiry into interference in Brexit? Why would they do that?

It's not about Putin. It's about rooting out people in power who are taking money to undermine our democracy, from both parties.

Also, it can help us to protect our systems and tighten up procedures so it will not effect future elections and referenda as much.

It's funny how all the Brexiteers are so vehemently against an enquiry.

liverpool

We must be vigilent but protesting and moaning is a waste of time,governments have done the right thing.

It's not about Putin. It's about rooting out people in power who are taking money to undermine our democracy, from both parties.

Also, it can help us to protect our systems and tighten up procedures so it will not effect future elections and referenda as much.

It's funny how all the Brexiteers are so vehemently against an enquiry."

Weird isnt it?

Derested Brussels teling us what to do but quite happy for Russia to interfere

And how does this tie in with all those Russian donations?

here

"Can't see what difference an enquiry would make, its quite obvious the Russians have been meddling or trying to, in our domestic politics for quite a few yrs an the current government and the last couple before it have not investigated properly how much effect the Russians have had, even the report itself states there is insufficient evidence to prove how much difference it made in any of the elections or referendums held in the last decade so I can't really see how an enquiry would change that, just take up a lot of time and waste a lot of money that would be better spent elsewhere certainly at this current moment in time. Just my opinion but there it is."

I agree

The main conclusion of the report is really how much HMG has underestimated the Russian threat - a threat which the report doesn’t describe.

is there anything else we didn’t know already?

"Can't see what difference an enquiry would make, its quite obvious the Russians have been meddling or trying to, in our domestic politics for quite a few yrs an the current government and the last couple before it have not investigated properly how much effect the Russians have had, even the report itself states there is insufficient evidence to prove how much difference it made in any of the elections or referendums held in the last decade so I can't really see how an enquiry would change that, just take up a lot of time and waste a lot of money that would be better spent elsewhere certainly at this current moment in time. Just my opinion but there it is.

I agree

The main conclusion of the report is really how much HMG has underestimated the Russian threat - a threat which the report doesn’t describe.

"

Ermm, the names of those who are being paid to undermine our democracy??? Both parties remember...

liverpool

I agree

Ermm, the names of those who are being paid to undermine our democracy??? Both parties remember..."

Why was it suppressed?

The extent of the brexit tampering?

Why was it initially ignored?

uk

I agree

"

The UK government actively avoided investigating despite credible suggestions of interference in the Scottish referendum.

Can you not see a problem with this?

liverpool

I agree

The UK government actively avoided investigating despite credible suggestions of interference in the Scottish referendum.

"

The Tory party could gas the poor and people on here would call it tough love.

here

I agree

"

I don't think this was a conclusion in the report, it was mentioned in the news conference? - HMG have refuted the claim that they actively avoided investigating claims of interference... so i guess the ensuing days of news interpretations and analysis will tell us more...

I agree

I don't think this was a conclusion in the report, it was mentioned in the news conference? - HMG have refuted the claim that they actively avoided investigating claims of interference... so i guess the ensuing days of news interpretations and analysis will tell us more..."

So worrying, attitudes like this.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Weird isnt it?

And how does this tie in with all those Russian donations?"

Well if Russia did decide to help the Scottish vote for inderpendance they made a pretty crap job of it anyway

I did read somewhere that the Russians interfered in the 2019 general election by leaking dodgy government shenanigans they didn't want us to know about.

here

I agree

I don't think this was a conclusion in the report, it was mentioned in the news conference? - HMG have refuted the claim that they actively avoided investigating claims of interference... so i guess the ensuing days of news interpretations and analysis will tell us more...

So worrying, attitudes like this. "

I think a comment on here referencing gassing the poor is a far more worrying attitude than my questions of accuracy and suggesting there will be more analysis to follow in the next few days.

I agree

I think a comment on here referencing gassing the poor is a far more worrying attitude than my questions of accuracy and suggesting there will be more analysis to follow in the next few days.

"

Not really, because I'm starting to think you would actually defend literally anything this government does. It's scary your blind tribalism

here

I agree

Not really, because I'm starting to think you would actually defend literally anything this government does. It's scary your blind tribalism"

I'm allowed to ask questions.

I agree

Not really, because I'm starting to think you would actually defend literally anything this government does. It's scary your blind tribalism

"

I never see you question anything, you just defend your team to the death. You are an intelligent fella and it baffles me how you have come to this.

uk

I agree

I don't think this was a conclusion in the report, it was mentioned in the news conference? - HMG have refuted the claim that they actively avoided investigating claims of interference... so i guess the ensuing days of news interpretations and analysis will tell us more..."

Correct, that's an opinion.

I find it unbelievable that a government wouldn't want to investigate off it's own back so I can only draw the conclusion that they didn't want to because it wasn't in their interests. Also, if they don't believe there was interference, why delay the report?

I really don't see how people can still defend everything that this government does. They could commit mass genocide and they would still have backers on this forum.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Well, whatever you make of the report's findings, they will either be acted upon, or they won't.

If they aren't, you'll have to wonder if that's because your government is incompetent and incapable of learning; or if it's the way Putin wants it.

At a minimum, it would be a good start to close down the "laundromat". They could do that - if they're prepared to put the interests of the country before the interests of their rich friends.

Not something they would normally do; but neither is spending billions of pounds to keep millions of people in a job.

Here's a second opportunity for them to do the right (non-Tory) thing.

here

I agree

I never see you question anything, you just defend your team to the death. You are an intelligent fella and it baffles me how you have come to this."

Questions are easy to spot, there will be a punctuation mark "?" at the end of the sentence.

You agree?

uk

Weird isnt it?

And how does this tie in with all those Russian donations?Well if Russia did decide to help the Scottish vote for inderpendance they made a pretty crap job of it anyway"

Yes, they did a crap job compared to the one your glorious leader is doing now. He is tearing the union apart all on his own...

liverpool

I agree

I never see you question anything, you just defend your team to the death. You are an intelligent fella and it baffles me how you have come to this."

Some people get a kick out of defending the indefensible

I agree

I never see you question anything, you just defend your team to the death. You are an intelligent fella and it baffles me how you have come to this.

Questions are easy to spot, there will be a punctuation mark "?" at the end of the sentence.

You agree?"

But you never ask any. You just nod in agreement like a little dog.

here

I agree

You agree?

But you never ask any. You just nod in agreement like a little dog."

You haven't answered the question

I agree

You agree?

You haven't answered the question "

And then resort to smileys instead of explaining why you have adopted the ludicrous position of not wanting an enquiry to stop further degradation of our democracy. You should be ashamed of the position you find yourself in, it's bordering of traitorous. I don't actually believe you do love your country at all.

And I know you were one of those who hated 'Commie Corbyn'....now the irony of you effectively wanting a cover up to protect dirty Russian money and Russian meddling....oh the irony!!

Edinburgh

I agree

You agree?

You haven't answered the question "

What question? You mean when you asked if there was anything in the report that we didn't know already?

Yes there was. I suggest you look into it.

here

I agree

You agree?

What question? You mean when you asked if there was anything in the report that we didn't know already?

Yes there was. I suggest you look into it."

There isn't anything in the report that we didn't know before - its certainly not the document some thought it was going to be...

Of course the extent to which the government have underestimated the threat from Russia is certainly an important point of discussion. I havent said differently.

Ps. the question that wasn't answered was the one that I asked "do you agree that a question is easy to spot as there is punctuation "?" at the end of the sentence?

Edinburgh

I agree

You agree?

There isn't anything in the report that we didn't know before - its certainly not the document some thought it was going to be...

Of course the extent to which the government have underestimated the threat from Russia is certainly an important point of discussion. I havent said differently.

Ps. the question that wasn't answered was the one that I asked "do you agree that a question is easy to spot as there is punctuation "?" at the end of the sentence?

"

So we've learned the extent to which the government have underestimated the threat is greater than previously thought? Glad you've confirmed there's at least one thing new in there

As for your second question, I hope it's not illustrative of the level of discussion which you are capable of. The answer, if course, is yes. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion you may have had over the issue

here

I agree

You agree?

So we've learned the extent to which the government have underestimated the threat is greater than previously thought? Glad you've confirmed there's at least one thing new in there

As for your second question, I hope it's not illustrative of the level of discussion which you are capable of. The answer, if course, is yes. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion you may have had over the issue "

At least you acknowledge I do ask questions thanks

Edinburgh

I agree

You agree?

As for your second question, I hope it's not illustrative of the level of discussion which you are capable of. The answer, if course, is yes. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion you may have had over the issue

At least you acknowledge I do ask questions thanks "

Haha! Happy to provide you with that validation

liverpool

Call me old fashioned but when a prime minister is accused and proven to have lied to the country,you would expect some sort of consequence?

Silly me.

You would have thought that after establishing a link between the influx of russism money and the highest levels of gmnt,there would be some sort of questions asked.

Maybe..just what is this money buying?

You would think wrong.

Birmingham bloke...deffo Russian bot

[Removed by poster at 21/07/20 17:54:05]

This guy probably hates the prospect of parliament being able to vote on any prospective trade deals, over the moon that it was voted down.

Dead against an enquiry into dirty Russian money, dodgy Lords and the fact the government utterly failed in it's duty with regards to national security.

That's what these people have done to this country, made it an utter joke.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/20 19:06:40]

By *ellowyellowXMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Shock horror. Big nations look to influence other countries. Complete waste of time and money.

liverpool

"Shock horror. Big nations look to influence other countries. Complete waste of time and money."

Course it is..corruption..lying..perversion of a democratic vote.

Nothing to see here.

liverpool

"This guy probably hates the prospect of parliament being able to vote on any prospective trade deals, over the moon that it was voted down.

Dead against an enquiry into dirty Russian money, dodgy Lords and the fact the government utterly failed in it's duty with regards to national security.

That's what these people have done to this country, made it an utter joke. "

It's what the people voted for.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"This guy probably hates the prospect of parliament being able to vote on any prospective trade deals, over the moon that it was voted down.

That's what these people have done to this country, made it an utter joke. "

Hopefully HM opposition can do something with this. I've tried to defend this shower but it's hard to see where we are heading.

The irony is that the current set of policies if that's what they can be called are more labour than even labour... Throwing money at anything and everything, shying away from anything controversial and certainly anything that requires firm leadership and a complete neutering of policing and enforcement.

Not made any easier by the country being in the midst of the biggest crisis in the last 75 years but please opposition....do something to hold them to account.

liverpool

That's what these people have done to this country, made it an utter joke.

Hopefully HM opposition can do something with this. I've tried to defend this shower but it's hard to see where we are heading.

The irony is that the current set of policies if that's what they can be called are more labour than even labour... Throwing money at anything and everything, shying away from anything controversial and certainly anything that requires firm leadership and a complete neutering of policing and enforcement.

Not made any easier by the country being in the midst of the biggest crisis in the last 75 years but please opposition....do something to hold them to account. "

What are they throwing money at exactly?

They are about as far removed from a proper labour gmnt as humanly possible.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Shock horror. Big nations look to influence other countries. Complete waste of time and money."

Oh those damm Russians. You can't trust them

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i know right the uk have never helped overthrow giverments or wrecked other peoples countrys eh.nah we in the uk are whiter than white.we would never try to influence anyones elections we jst go in and destroy peoples counteys for no good teason.iraq anyone?

liverpool

"Shock horror. Big nations look to influence other countries. Complete waste of time and money.

i know right the uk have never helped overthrow giverments or wrecked other peoples countrys eh.nah we in the uk are whiter than white.we would never try to influence anyones elections we jst go in and destroy peoples counteys for no good teason.iraq anyone?"

We do it in the name of democracy.

borehamwood

"Shock horror. Big nations look to influence other countries. Complete waste of time and money.

i know right the uk have never helped overthrow giverments or wrecked other peoples countrys eh.nah we in the uk are whiter than white.we would never try to influence anyones elections we jst go in and destroy peoples counteys for no good teason.iraq anyone?

We do it in the name of democracy. "

hh

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha yea iraq and libya are much better and safer than they used to be hahahahhaha.

liverpool

hh

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha yea iraq and libya are much better and safer than they used to be hahahahhaha."

I was being ironic

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Lionel .you are ..

skerries

[Removed by poster at 22/07/20 08:57:08]

skerries

Maybe the British government should seek help from mr trump to sort out the Russians. Lol

hh

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha yea iraq and libya are much better and safer than they used to be hahahahhaha."

Whoosh....went over your head..

borehamwood

woosh. have no intrest in what you have to say

By *shrop_cpleCouple  over a year ago

Ceredigion

This is an interesting point that emphasises the sheer hypocrisy of The West. Take the blatant U.S. meddling in the Ukraine at the time of the Maidan protests. Nuland handing out cookies, supporting their poster boy the boxer Klitchco, and also Yatsenyuk ("Yat's is our guy" - direct qoute).

Strange (and churlish) we are so affronted when we suspect other nations of playing our dirty game too.

liverpool

"This is an interesting point that emphasises the sheer hypocrisy of The West. Take the blatant U.S. meddling in the Ukraine at the time of the Maidan protests. Nuland handing out cookies, supporting their poster boy the boxer Klitchco, and also Yatsenyuk ("Yat's is our guy" - direct qoute).

Strange (and churlish) we are so affronted when we suspect other nations of playing our dirty game too. "

It's like that bit on blackadder.

German spies..dirty underhand krauts with their filthy tactics

British spies..brave chaps.. fighting for king and country

» Add a new message to this topic