FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Politics

Politics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Should they teach it at school?

I'm assuming they still don't?I did it at a level.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We did a subject called modern studies which brushed upon politics a bit.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/07/20 15:01:18]

Bristol

Not taught in school. Even worse, History is optional after year 9. It makes it easier to manipulate the plebe.

liverpool

"Not taught in school. Even worse, History is optional after year 9. It makes it easier to manipulate the plebe."

V true.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/07/20 15:16:05]

Bristol

"Not taught in school. Even worse, History is optional after year 9. It makes it easier to manipulate the plebe.

V true."

French Revolution is not in the syllabus anymore. You never know. It might give people ideas.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

It may not be taught in schools but it is certainly influenced in schools! And those that move on to further education will no doubtedly be taught and influenced by teachers that have a certain political leaning.

Bristol

"It may not be taught in schools but it is certainly influenced in schools! And those that move on to further education will no doubtedly be taught and influenced by teachers that have a certain political leaning. "

Really? Try to talk about politics or about anything remotely political in school these days and you’ll be properly told off.

liverpool

"It may not be taught in schools but it is certainly influenced in schools! And those that move on to further education will no doubtedly be taught and influenced by teachers that have a certain political leaning. "

How is it influenced exactly?

Bristol

"It may not be taught in schools but it is certainly influenced in schools! And those that move on to further education will no doubtedly be taught and influenced by teachers that have a certain political leaning.

How is it influenced exactly?"

It’s well known that Maths teachers or Science teachers always brainwash their teachers by talking very subtly about politics and the need of a Labour gvt. And nobody ever notices it.

Blackpool

"It may not be taught in schools but it is certainly influenced in schools! And those that move on to further education will no doubtedly be taught and influenced by teachers that have a certain political leaning.

How is it influenced exactly?"

.................................I seem to remember not to long ago about a 15 year old school boy getting alot of stick at school for looking at the Ukip website and teachers reported him to the police. Do you think they would have done that if he had been checking out Jeremy corbyn? I think not!

liverpool

How is it influenced exactly?.................................I seem to remember not to long ago about a 15 year old school boy getting alot of stick at school for looking at the Ukip website and teachers reported him to the police. Do you think they would have done that if he had been checking out Jeremy corbyn? I think not! "

Link?

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

I wish i had done politics at A level, for some reason i have always been amazed how politicians present themselves and mostly seek to better their own interests - rather than - the people they are supposed to represent.

Anyone that hasn't seen it must watch " yes minister " on youtube from the start!

Bristol

How is it influenced exactly?.................................I seem to remember not to long ago about a 15 year old school boy getting alot of stick at school for looking at the Ukip website and teachers reported him to the police. Do you think they would have done that if he had been checking out Jeremy corbyn? I think not! "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Should they teach it at school?

I'm assuming they still don't?I did it at a level."

Yes they sould I studied it and glad I did,it amazing to me how many people have no grasp of politics and the British constitution.

I have A level in this pity not more have really studied the subject to a minimal standard.Surely if you can vote you should have a grasp of the subject and not just if you like there face or not or your parents told you how to vote.

upton wirral

"I wish i had done politics at A level, for some reason i have always been amazed how politicians present themselves and mostly seek to better their own interests - rather than - the people they are supposed to represent.

Anyone that hasn't seen it must watch " yes minister " on youtube from the start!"

Brilliant programme and said to be very true to the real worl d of politics

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

yes _mmablu

It is supposed to be near the knuckle - the jist that the ministers dont have a clue what they are doing - and are led by the under secretaries - permanent secretaries ?

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Should they teach it at school?

I'm assuming they still don't?I did it at a level."

They can only fit so many subjects into a timetable. I would be happy to see it replace PE.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Not taught in school. Even worse, History is optional after year 9. It makes it easier to manipulate the plebe."

Twas ever thus. Mind you, it would have left me with the choice of home economics or woodwork. I prefered geography.

Blackpool

How is it influenced exactly?.................................I seem to remember not to long ago about a 15 year old school boy getting alot of stick at school for looking at the Ukip website and teachers reported him to the police. Do you think they would have done that if he had been checking out Jeremy corbyn? I think not!

Link?"

............. Do I really have to make a Link? I seems critical thinking is also being erdicated from education, more so universities and further education.

Bristol

How is it influenced exactly?.................................I seem to remember not to long ago about a 15 year old school boy getting alot of stick at school for looking at the Ukip website and teachers reported him to the police. Do you think they would have done that if he had been checking out Jeremy corbyn? I think not!

Link?............. Do I really have to make a Link? I seems critical thinking is also being erdicated from education, more so universities and further education. "

I think he just wanted a link that proves your dodgy example is true and not bullshit.

liverpool

Link?............. Do I really have to make a Link? I seems critical thinking is also being erdicated from education, more so universities and further education. "

Well either you have made or up.or its straight from the pages of the daily mail.

Link?............. Do I really have to make a Link? I seems critical thinking is also being erdicated from education, more so universities and further education.

Well either you have made or up.or its straight from the pages of the daily mail."

It was on the news but the school and teacher said it was a miss understanding, and was looking into it. But the story died. Sometimes teacher's over step the mark but they are only human.

When exactly should be taught as politics? Is it the democratic process on how election works and how legislations are made? Or is it about teaching different political and economic leanings like libertarianism, liberalism, conservatism, communism, capitalism etc.? Or is it about what each party did in the past?

upton wirral

"When exactly should be taught as politics? Is it the democratic process on how election works and how legislations are made? Or is it about teaching different political and economic leanings like libertarianism, liberalism, conservatism, communism, capitalism etc.? Or is it about what each party did in the past?"
All this and more

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Yes absolutely.

It was called modern studies when I was at school.

Unfortunately it was only available from 3rd year and above.

By that time the general consensus was nobody cared for it. A bit like religious studies.

Looking back it was probably two of the most significant subjects that have had a continuing theme in my life.

upton wirral

"Yes absolutely.

It was called modern studies when I was at school.

Unfortunately it was only available from 3rd year and above.

By that time the general consensus was nobody cared for it. A bit like religious studies.

Looking back it was probably two of the most significant subjects that have had a continuing theme in my life. "

Yes I agree allmost as important as the 3 R's.

I think it should be tought a bit later in life as it was with me.

If we are to stay a democratic country people need to be educated

» Add a new message to this topic