FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The lies about the EU

The lies about the EU

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy7 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Have a look at these headlines. They sum up Brexit and our gutter press.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/amp/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

get over it Thew good news has saved £72 billion by not contributing to the eu coronavirus fund according to german mep gunner beck.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"get over it Thew good news has saved £72 billion by not contributing to the eu coronavirus fund according to german mep gunner beck."

I wonder how long before the German electorate start asking why they are footing the majority of the bill.... and Ireland - 1% of the EU population have ended up being the fifth-largest net contributor to the covid bailout...

"get over it Thew good news has saved £72 billion by not contributing to the eu coronavirus fund according to german mep gunner beck."

Just another fake news from tabloids like The Sun

near ipswich

"get over it Thew good news has saved £72 billion by not contributing to the eu coronavirus fund according to german mep gunner beck.

Just another fake news from tabloids like The Sun "

Not at all gunner becks speech in the eu parliament yesterday and is on video for all to see but guess all you remainers wont even bother watching it asd does not fit your agenda.

Bristol

Amazing how the kwitters who would like the EU to be whiter than white don’t mind having hundreds of lies being used to sway people. You’ve got to love their sense of morals and honesty. The end justifies the means. It doesn’t matter how I get there as long as I get there. Classy!

Bristol

"get over it Thew good news has saved £72 billion by not contributing to the eu coronavirus fund according to german mep gunner beck.

I wonder how long before the German electorate start asking why they are footing the majority of the bill.... and Ireland - 1% of the EU population have ended up being the fifth-largest net contributor to the covid bailout..."

I wonder what this has to do with my original post and the link I posted.

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Saved 72billion . ???

Look up how much foreign aid you fools are giving to China above all countries .lol.

Also india .

China is a very rich country india has a space project nuclear programme .and their people are starving .

You guys should sort out your own business. And maybe look what mr trump is doing. Lol..

here

I wonder how long before the German electorate start asking why they are footing the majority of the bill.... and Ireland - 1% of the EU population have ended up being the fifth-largest net contributor to the covid bailout...

I wonder what this has to do with my original post and the link I posted. "

It wasn’t a reply to your post

I wonder how long before the German electorate start asking why they are footing the majority of the bill.... and Ireland - 1% of the EU population have ended up being the fifth-largest net contributor to the covid bailout..."

Apparently you don't understand the system of distributing this money.

Bristol

It wasn’t a reply to your post "

No but this has nothing to do with this thread so this is completely irrelevant. And on top of this it’s untrue.

skerries

You voted to leave esso get over it and move on .. really .this has been going on too long sick listening to it

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 12:06:45]

skerries

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 12:05:50]

here

Apparently you don't understand the system of distributing this money. "

Really? So Germany don't have 133 billion to contribute, and Ireland a 15 billion contribution to make?

skerries

GB voted to leave the EU. So get over it .so move on

Good or bad you made your choice . Going on too long .people are sick of it at this point

Bristol

ny chance to stick to what the topic is about? These ridiculous headlines full of crap for decades before telling us that democracy has won?

I know it is not easy to defend these headlines and all these lies or even to justify them but at least have a go instead of doing a Boris a change subject.

near ipswich

No but this has nothing to do with this thread so this is completely irrelevant. And on top of this it’s untrue. "

so guess you didnt watch his speech then i thought not.

Bristol

No but this has nothing to do with this thread so this is completely irrelevant. And on top of this it’s untrue. so guess you didnt watch his speech then i thought not. "

Nothing to do with this thread.

here

"GB voted to leave the EU. So get over it .so move on

Good or bad you made your choice . Going on too long .people are sick of it at this point "

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

No but this has nothing to do with this thread so this is completely irrelevant. And on top of this it’s untrue. so guess you didnt watch his speech then i thought not.

Nothing to do with this thread. "

Actually the Figure he quoted was Brexit has saved Britain €80 Billion NET roughly the sum the recovery fund would of cost Britain.

This is not Fake news.

This is at the beginning of Gunner Beck's speach to the EU parliament yesterday.

Bristol

No but this has nothing to do with this thread so this is completely irrelevant. And on top of this it’s untrue. so guess you didnt watch his speech then i thought not.

Actually the Figure he quoted was Brexit has saved Britain €80 Billion NET roughly the sum the recovery fund would of cost Britain.

This is not Fake news.

This is at the beginning of Gunner Beck's speach to the EU parliament yesterday."

near ipswich

"This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked "
Love the way some think they are so superior that if you have a different opinion you must have been brainwashed.

Bristol

"This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked Love the way some think they are so superior that if you have a different opinion you must have been brainwashed. "

Just another fake news from tabloids like The Sun Not at all gunner becks speech in the eu parliament yesterday and is on video for all to see but guess all you remainers wont even bother watching it asd does not fit your agenda. "

It is a big money game for every country and everyone can say whatever they want and it doesn't have to be based on facts. Like twisted bananas banned by the EU. Oh wait. One clown wrote about it

Now suddenly a German MEP is telling the truth? So how is it with this European Union?

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 12:25:00]

This is not Fake news.

This is at the beginning of Gunner Beck's speach to the EU parliament yesterday."

Another one who started to believe a German MEP. Hypocrisy

near ipswich

This is not Fake news.

This is at the beginning of Gunner Beck's speach to the EU parliament yesterday.

Another one who started to believe a German MEP. Hypocrisy "

So you watched it then? not fake news then you really should do a bit more reseach before dismissing everything you dont like as fake.

ROMFORD

This is not Fake news.

Nothing to do with this thread. "

It has everything to do with this thread as polishcouple claimed it was fake news.

This thread is about fake news.

Well actually it's true news!

Bristol

This is not Fake news.

It has everything to do with this thread as polishcouple claimed it was fake news.

"

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who.

"This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked Love the way some think they are so superior that if you have a different opinion you must have been brainwashed. "

Different opinion based on lies. How else to call it? 90% of those voting to leave had minimal knowledge of the EU based on fake news, of course.

This is not Fake news.

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who. "

I think a lot of people had already made there mind up which way they would vote over leaving the EU long before the referendum, I know I had, so I think its pretty hard to quantify how many were swayed one way or the other by the leave and remain campaigns, both were dishonest and full of lies in my opinion.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked Love the way some think they are so superior that if you have a different opinion you must have been brainwashed.

Different opinion based on lies. How else to call it? 90% of those voting to leave had minimal knowledge of the EU based on fake news, of course."

The Remain campaign had 10 months to get their knowledge across!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"This fake news looks like a brainwashing tool. And it worked Love the way some think they are so superior that if you have a different opinion you must have been brainwashed.

Different opinion based on lies. How else to call it? 90% of those voting to leave had minimal knowledge of the EU based on fake news, of course."

That has to win the gold medal for irony. Comedy gold at it's very best.

Person complaining about fake news makes up a completely fake number.

ROMFORD

This is not Fake news.

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who. "

This thread is titled The lies about the EU.

I was pointing out something was not fake news.

here

Different opinion based on lies. How else to call it? 90% of those voting to leave had minimal knowledge of the EU based on fake news, of course.

The Remain campaign had 10 months to get their knowledge across!"

... and also spent considerably more on campaigning than the Leave campaign ...

near ipswich

... and also spent considerably more on campaigning than the Leave campaign ..."

Yeah just shows they didnt have anything credible to put to the electorate to convince them.

ROMFORD

... and also spent considerably more on campaigning than the Leave campaign ..."

I always thought the Remain campaign never told the public the benefits of being in the EU (if any).

They just spent their time trying to scare people with doom and gloom if we dared to vote to leave.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

This is not Fake news.

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who. I think a lot of people had already made there mind up which way they would vote over leaving the EU long before the referendum, I know I had, so I think its pretty hard to quantify how many were swayed one way or the other by the leave and remain campaigns, both were dishonest and full of lies in my opinion."

1 told more lies than the other

liverpool

I always thought the Remain campaign never told the public the benefits of being in the EU (if any).

They just spent their time trying to scare people with doom and gloom if we dared to vote to leave."

Prob got a point there tbf.

They failed to get that mrssege across completely.

However they were up against the best part of 20 years brainwashing by the right wing media.

I think peoples minds were probably made up beforehand as the EU was portrayed as the cause of all our problems.

This is not Fake news.

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who. I think a lot of people had already made there mind up which way they would vote over leaving the EU long before the referendum, I know I had, so I think its pretty hard to quantify how many were swayed one way or the other by the leave and remain campaigns, both were dishonest and full of lies in my opinion.

1 told more lies than the other "

maybe one did, thats your opinion but even if one did does that make things any better, lying is lying is it not, but as I have said before I don't personally believe the campaigns made much difference i think most peoples views were already intrenched and there minds made up.

liverpool

This is not Fake news.

This thread is about the lies that we’re used to sway the referendum and discredit the EU, not quite about what was said this this week by I don’t know who. I think a lot of people had already made there mind up which way they would vote over leaving the EU long before the referendum, I know I had, so I think its pretty hard to quantify how many were swayed one way or the other by the leave and remain campaigns, both were dishonest and full of lies in my opinion.

1 told more lies than the other maybe one did, thats your opinion but even if one did does that make things any better, lying is lying is it not, but as I have said before I don't personally believe the campaigns made much difference i think most peoples views were already intrenched and there minds made up."

I think you are probably right.

Like I said since the early 90s the tabloids have been drip feeding us how evil the eu is.

I think the leave campaign simply tapped into this..sold a fairytale post Brexit wonderland and repeated ad nauseam a 3 word phrase that even the average sun reader could understand.

Hey presto.

Brexit.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

That's a lot of money. What would we have got in return?. I read most of the money was commuting from borrowing and the rest from existing funds. Now I see why some countries were not so happy with it

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

That's a lot of money. What would we have got in return?. I read most of the money was commuting from borrowing and the rest from existing funds. Now I see why some countries were not so happy with it"

More proof that Brexit is good for the UK

bournemouth

They just spent their time trying to scare people with doom and gloom if we dared to vote to leave.

However they were up against the best part of 20 years brainwashing by the right wing media.

I think peoples minds were probably made up beforehand as the EU was portrayed as the cause of all our problems."

Did they brainwash, tony Benn, corbyn, Dennis skinner too then, plenty of left politicians didnt like the eu and plenty of Tories do love it,

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 19:18:06]

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 19:22:21]

"Amazing how the "
REMAINERS
" who would like the EU to be whiter than white don’t mind having hundreds of lies being used to sway people. You’ve got to love their sense of morals and honesty. The end justifies the means. It doesn’t matter how I get there as long as I get there. Classy! "

liverpool

I think peoples minds were probably made up beforehand as the EU was portrayed as the cause of all our problems.

Did they brainwash, tony Benn, corbyn, Dennis skinner too then, plenty of left politicians didnt like the eu and plenty of Tories do love it, "

They didn't like the eu as they didn't believe in an overarching organisation.

The mail doesn't like the eu because it still thinks we have an empire.

milton keynes

That's a lot of money. What would we have got in return?. I read most of the money was commuting from borrowing and the rest from existing funds. Now I see why some countries were not so happy with itMore proof that Brexit is good for the UK"

Not small sums of money we talking about. If we were still a member and coughed up the 72 billion how much would we get back as our bit of the aid?

By *shrop_cpleCouple  over a year ago

Ceredigion

That's alright. The Irish only started paying in at all last year - probably because the U.K was leaving and it left the E.U. a bit short. Ireland joined in the 70's at the same time as the U.K. They haven't had it so bad really.

That's alright. The Irish only started paying in at all last year - probably because the U.K was leaving and it left the E.U. a bit short. Ireland joined in the 70's at the same time as the U.K. They haven't had it so bad really."

Ireland has been a net contributor for nearly the past decade.

EU membership is worth €40bn a year to us.

Even being a net contributor to the EU,we are well in credit overall

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

It really doesn't matter who says whatever.

UK leaving the EU was inevitable.

It should have happened years ago.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

That's alright. The Irish only started paying in at all last year - probably because the U.K was leaving and it left the E.U. a bit short. Ireland joined in the 70's at the same time as the U.K. They haven't had it so bad really."

Honestly if Ireland didn't have friends in Berlin and Washington, the UK would be still be practising Gunboat diplomacy towards it.

Ceredigion

That's alright. The Irish only started paying in at all last year - probably because the U.K was leaving and it left the E.U. a bit short. Ireland joined in the 70's at the same time as the U.K. They haven't had it so bad really.

Even being a net contributor to the EU,we are well in credit overall"

Well, that is not what the Irish PM said last year when giving a joint address with the hottie that is the Danish PM. Denmark of course was the third of the nations (UK, Ireland) that joined the EEC together. Varadka explicitly said during this address that Ireland had just made it's first EU contribution.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Is there any disquiet in Ireland about the size of their contribution?

Just curious to know.

Well, that is not what the Irish PM said last year when giving a joint address with the hottie that is the Danish PM. Denmark of course was the third of the nations (UK, Ireland) that joined the EEC together. Varadka explicitly said during this address that Ireland had just made it's first EU contribution. "

Net EU contributions for 2016/17/18 enclosed

in the article.

Surprised if Varadkar got it wrong

Well, that is not what the Irish PM said last year when giving a joint address with the hottie that is the Danish PM. Denmark of course was the third of the nations (UK, Ireland) that joined the EEC together. Varadka explicitly said during this address that Ireland had just made it's first EU contribution.

Net EU contributions for 2016/17/18 enclosed

in the article.

Surprised if Varadkar got it wrong "

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1081736/

bournemouth

How much are the net receipts received by Ireland since they joined ?

"Is there any disquiet in Ireland about the size of their contribution?

Just curious to know. "

Not much

No one likes handing over billions but the reality is that your part of a club and how you get ahead is through solidarity with your fellow members

EU membership has been very beneficial to Ireland

If anyone thinks there’s going to be an Irexit any time soon

They are sadly mistaken

Just curious to know.

Not much

No one likes handing over billions but the reality is that your part of a club and how you get ahead is through solidarity with your fellow members

They are sadly mistaken "

It’s not just Ireland , there is no way any other EU member will won’t to leave after watching the shit show the UK have made of it all. The UK leaving the EU has strengthened it not weakened it

here

Just curious to know.

Not much

They are sadly mistaken

It’s not just Ireland , there is no way any other EU member will won’t to leave after watching the shit show the UK have made of it all. The UK leaving the EU has strengthened it not weakened it "

I think you will find it is possibly even more difficult now for any of them to leave after the way in which the covid finance rescue package has mutualised debt across the 27 countries...

... and gives Brussels a tighter grip on the harmonisation of fiscal and tax regulation ...

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the 27 countries, and their electorate, as the dust settles

Just curious to know.

Not much

They are sadly mistaken

It’s not just Ireland , there is no way any other EU member will won’t to leave after watching the shit show the UK have made of it all. The UK leaving the EU has strengthened it not weakened it

I think you will find it is possibly even more difficult now for any of them to leave after the way in which the covid finance rescue package has mutualised debt across the 27 countries...

... and gives Brussels a tighter grip on the harmonisation of fiscal and tax regulation ...

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the 27 countries, and their electorate, as the dust settles "

Why would they want to leave anyway ? The UK has made its self the laughing stock of Europe . Maybe if the UK had negotiated the ‘easiest deal in history ‘ the EU would have been worried about it’s future but the educated and well informed members of the population knew that was never going to happen

Just curious to know.

Not much

They are sadly mistaken

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the 27 countries, and their electorate, as the dust settles "

You do realize that each of the 27 has a veto when it comes to national tax policy

The UK is gone and good luck to ye

Pining for further countries to leave the EU to justify Brexit is a just a tad innocent to say the least.

Just curious to know.

Not much

They are sadly mistaken

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the 27 countries, and their electorate, as the dust settles

You do realize that each of the 27 has a veto when it comes to national tax policy

The UK is gone and good luck to ye

Pining for further countries to leave the EU to justify Brexit is a just a tad innocent to say the least."

I am afraid that is the mindset of the Brexit voter. The EU is far from perfect but they have been brainwashed into believing it is the evil empire and can’t be content with the UK leaving , they will only be truly happy if the EU fails. They will be devastated and confused when the EU thrives without us

Ceredigion

"

I am afraid that is the mindset of the Brexit voter. The EU is far from perfect but they have been brainwashed into believing it is the evil empire and can’t be content with the UK leaving , they will only be truly happy if the EU fails. They will be devastated and confused when the EU thrives without us "

I think it is going a bit far to say that folk over here wish to see the E.U. fail really. A successful European economy is bound to draw us along too as a fellow geographic European nation - dependant of course on whatever trade deal is eventually hammered out. A strong Europe (I have always hoped) will serve as a bulwark against undue American pressures (De Gaulle, remember, always rightly saw the U.K. as a 'foot in the door' for the U.S.and did NOT want us 'in'in the first place) and, given enlightened leadership, hopefully the E.U. will build bridges (independent of U.S. wishes) with that other (now ostracised) great European power, Russia - where there is a great deal of trade to be done indeed. Worth noting again though, When the U.K. electorate voted during the 70s referendum, the eventual extent of European integration was NOT made plain to us the Great Unwashed. It simply was not. They/we were led to believe it was to be solely a trade agreement. Fast forward to a proposed European Army (in addition to continued membership of NATO), a common currency etc. etc., and here we are again in the U.K. contemplating a trade only relationship which will no doubt materialise eventually.

Europe is great - Vive le difference!

"

I am afraid that is the mindset of the Brexit voter. The EU is far from perfect but they have been brainwashed into believing it is the evil empire and can’t be content with the UK leaving , they will only be truly happy if the EU fails. They will be devastated and confused when the EU thrives without us

I think it is going a bit far to say that folk over here wish to see the E.U. fail really. A successful European economy is bound to draw us along too as a fellow geographic European nation - dependant of course on whatever trade deal is eventually hammered out. A strong Europe (I have always hoped) will serve as a bulwark against undue American pressures (De Gaulle, remember, always rightly saw the U.K. as a 'foot in the door' for the U.S.and did NOT want us 'in'in the first place) and, given enlightened leadership, hopefully the E.U. will build bridges (independent of U.S. wishes) with that other (now ostracised) great European power, Russia - where there is a great deal of trade to be done indeed. Worth noting again though, When the U.K. electorate voted during the 70s referendum, the eventual extent of European integration was NOT made plain to us the Great Unwashed. It simply was not. They/we were led to believe it was to be solely a trade agreement. Fast forward to a proposed European Army (in addition to continued membership of NATO), a common currency etc. etc., and here we are again in the U.K. contemplating a trade only relationship which will no doubt materialise eventually.

Europe is great - Vive le difference!"

The die hard Brexit voters definitely want the EU to fail , there are a number of them on here who will admit as much . The likes of Farage and his cronies will never be happy until the EU is destroyed, they are going to be very disappointed

Ceredigion

"

The die hard Brexit voters definitely want the EU to fail , there are a number of them on here who will admit as much . The likes of Farage and his cronies will never be happy until the EU is destroyed, they are going to be very disappointed "

They have no need to 'Die Hard' as you say. We have left the E.U.

What all Britons and (other) Europeans want and need now is a mutually beneficial trade agreement which will no doubt come. Otherwise 2000 years of statecraft and gallons of blood will have gone to waste.

Abandon those old trenches.

Europe is great, Britain is great - Vive le difference!

milton keynes

"

The die hard Brexit voters definitely want the EU to fail , there are a number of them on here who will admit as much . The likes of Farage and his cronies will never be happy until the EU is destroyed, they are going to be very disappointed "

I have not seen anyone wanting the EU to fail on here but don't read every thread. I sometimes see some say they think other countries may dabble with the idea of leaving but that's it. As someone that according to some on here is UN educated , racist, knuckle dragging far righter, little Englander I want a prosperous Europe.

"

The die hard Brexit voters definitely want the EU to fail , there are a number of them on here who will admit as much . The likes of Farage and his cronies will never be happy until the EU is destroyed, they are going to be very disappointed

I have not seen anyone wanting the EU to fail on here but don't read every thread. I sometimes see some say they think other countries may dabble with the idea of leaving but that's it. As someone that according to some on here is UN educated , racist, knuckle dragging far righter, little Englander I want a prosperous Europe."

Ironically, it's the ones who told you it was a good idea are more likely to think of you in that way.

"

I have not seen anyone wanting the EU to fail on here but don't read every thread. I sometimes see some say they think other countries may dabble with the idea of leaving but that's it. As someone that according to some on here is UN educated , racist, knuckle dragging far righter, little Englander I want a prosperous Europe."

I have not seen anyone calling you that on here? I am sure the more sensible and rational Brexit voters share your educated views, unfortunately there are other Brexit voters who are uneducated, racist, knuckle dragging, far right , little Englanders who want the EU to fail to validate their Brexit vote and to appease their xenophobic traits . You can tell who these people are when they start using the terms ‘the loony left’ and ‘we won, get over it’

"

They have no need to 'Die Hard' as you say. We have left the E.U.

What all Britons and (other) Europeans want and need now is a mutually beneficial trade agreement which will no doubt come. Otherwise 2000 years of statecraft and gallons of blood will have gone to waste.

Abandon those old trenches.

Europe is great, Britain is great - Vive le difference! "

Frictionless trade is dead now, no matter what deal is done. That's the real problem

I have yet still to hear a valid argument for leaving. The weight of evidence suggesting it will only be detrimental is overwhelming. There is not a deal available that will come close to what we had, this is fact now. All we can hope is that the damage is limited.

milton keynes

"

I have not seen anyone wanting the EU to fail on here but don't read every thread. I sometimes see some say they think other countries may dabble with the idea of leaving but that's it. As someone that according to some on here is UN educated , racist, knuckle dragging far righter, little Englander I want a prosperous Europe.

Ironically, it's the ones who told you it was a good idea are more likely to think of you in that way."

None of them ever insulted me. On here insults are all too common. Only a few days ago a poster who was called out for it openly said he does not care anymore and ANYONE that voted brexit and/ or Tory were worth insulting.

» Add a new message to this topic