FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit - vote - democracy

Brexit - vote - democracy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

At the end of the day we are in the

" continent of Europe "

We have traded for millennia with everyone throughout the world and especially those close to us.... trade is older than that.

We the british public voted - the democratic result was that we dont want to be in a club where you pay billions and throw all of your fish uve caught back over board - whilst the french and spanish fishermen - keep all of the small fry - and dont get fined - We do.

Trade goes on it always has.

just a shame we have an embarrassing shower of shit Tory party - using it to play their games......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Trade will go on indeed.

At my firm we were recruiting but have stopped the process now.

Because we export large volumes to Europe we now have seven figure customs costs to stomach each year. That’s a lot of jobs not available but we have no choice because we’re getting the easiest deal ever with frictionless borders.

I have no issue with going along with the vote I just wish everyone knew exactly what they were voting for.

Before anyone says you should have prepared by now, for my industry we still have nothing in writing to explain our actual process. We’ve seen the general release but it doesn’t include us!

On the fishing point to conserve stocks. They should just ban all fishing in the breeding season. It’s that simple.

You don’t see a farmer send a pregnant cow off to be slaughtered while it’s still pregnant and the cow is only having one animal. The fish lays hundreds of eggs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"At the end of the day we are in the

" continent of Europe "

We have traded for millennia with everyone throughout the world and especially those close to us.... trade is older than that.

We the british public voted - the democratic result was that we dont want to be in a club where you pay billions and throw all of your fish uve caught back over board - whilst the french and spanish fishermen - keep all of the small fry - and dont get fined - We do.

just a shame we have an embarrassing shower of shit Tory party - using it to play their games......"

Why do Brexit supporters always harp on about fishing? To put it in to perspective , it is a tiny industry .The EU rules are unfair but leaving will harm the fishing industry far more than staying

redcar

Jackal 1

Before anyone says you should have prepared by now, for my industry we still have nothing in writing to explain our actual process. We’ve seen the general release but it doesn’t include us!

On the fishing point to conserve stocks. They should just ban all fishing in the breeding season. It’s that simple.

You don’t see a farmer send a pregnant cow off to be slaughtered while it’s still pregnant and the cow is only having one animal. The fish lays hundreds of eggs.

excellent point as above - there was no paper work/process ever implemented from our .Gov for every business to officially use - because our shower had nothing in place as far as official documents to file - they had 3 years to put in place plan B and C one decade of BS from our .Gov

And as for harping on - the E.U has rules for everything and if you live on the beautiful coast of hours all you see is boats and people who live locally who rely on this for their living.

As the post above suggests we should look after our ocean sea stocks sustainably we should set our own rules that factory ships cant sit on our sea borders and hoover up the sea flor & take any shellfish/fish.. size or age and destroy the cycle of our fish fishes life cycle to obtain sustainability

Alot of these factory ships should be banned - specially now with the way our oceans are going -

Small things are actually big concerns for us all......

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

The fishing industry represents less than 1% of our GDP. It sums the whole thing up. A big emotional fuss for an industry which is almost insignificant.

Also Britain is not a fish eating country. Of course we eat plenty of cod, haddock, salmon but that’s pretty much it. Have you even been to a French supermarket and seen the fish stalls? They have dozens of species in French supermarkets that you’d never see in a British fishmonger. What about educating the British consumers to eat these species?

Finally the British fishing float is tiny. There’s no way it could keep up with the demand if French or Dutch boats were not allowed here. Why is this gvt not encouraging more people to join the fishing industry if it knows that it will not give in on this? They’d be completely mad to fuck up so many businesses for the sake of a tiny industry.

Bristol

"Jackal 1

excellent point as above - there was no paper work/process ever implemented from our .Gov for every business to officially use - because our shower had nothing in place as far as official documents to file - they had 3 years to put in place plan B and C one decade of BS from our .Gov

And as for harping on - the E.U has rules for everything and if you live on the beautiful coast of hours all you see is boats and people who live locally who rely on this for their living.

As the post above suggests we should look after our ocean sea stocks sustainably we should set our own rules that factory ships cant sit on our sea borders and hoover up the sea flor & take any shellfish/fish.. size or age and destroy the cycle of our fish fishes life cycle to obtain sustainability

Alot of these factory ships should be banned - specially now with the way our oceans are going -

Small things are actually big concerns for us all......"

Good point but according to French fishermen when the scallop war was raging it is the British boats that catch them before they are big enough. Who to believe? I haven’t got a clue but why should we believe that the British fishermen are whiter than white? They maybe, they may not be.

The EU with its quotas managed to protect some species. 20 years ago the situation was critical for cod I seem to remember. It looks like the situation has improved now. Will Britain be as protective of its fish and not over fish? Who knows? I don’t know why I should trust British fishermen more than Dutch fishermen. Oh yes, I should because I’m British... Great!

Manchester

Sorry to say but the posts on UK fisherman are correct . We scream at the Europeans but our fisherman and especially the Scottish fleet were more than happy to catch small codlings and send them for fish meal to make pet food.

The use of blinders ( one net inside another ) to avoid the law was common and not until the U.K. & European scientists said your destroying your future did the fishermen start to listen.

Dutch beam trawlers ( and now some U.K. versions) scrape the sea floor to catch flat fish

In doing so they kill all the plant life and therefore the fish food chain.

I’ve seen the scans of the sea ned and the reason it’s so void of fish is there is no life to sustain them down there.

Years of over fishing and habitat destruction meant the fish had No chance.

To again show the quality of our leaders has always been poor.

In the Icelandic cod wars the Icelandic government offered the U.K. a large cod quota to catch inside their 200mile limit.

Our labour government particularly Roy Hattersley said it’s not enough.

The Icelandic’s then said Sod off and get nothing.

The quota offered per year was more than the U.K. fleet could catch in a year.

Again stupid people in power.

It’s not a big industry in terms of GDP but it’s food and as an island we certainly need some security there.

Don’t just give up on the industry. I know it’s not jaguar Land Rover but at least the jobs will stay here.

redcar

[Removed by poster at 25/07/20 11:19:06]

redcar

True as above

Would you trust this .Gov to look after anything and us ???

Even a true blue must be thinking how embarrassing BoJo is to us all & our leader Dom Co.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"The fishing industry represents less than 1% of our GDP. It sums the whole thing up. A big emotional fuss for an industry which is almost insignificant.

Also Britain is not a fish eating country. Of course we eat plenty of cod, haddock, salmon but that’s pretty much it. Have you even been to a French supermarket and seen the fish stalls? They have dozens of species in French supermarkets that you’d never see in a British fishmonger. What about educating the British consumers to eat these species?

Finally the British fishing float is tiny. There’s no way it could keep up with the demand if French or Dutch boats were not allowed here. Why is this gvt not encouraging more people to join the fishing industry if it knows that it will not give in on this? They’d be completely mad to fuck up so many businesses for the sake of a tiny industry. "

The fishing industry has been decimated to only 0.1% of GDP but if all the non British boats are not allowed to fish British waters, what is the potential growth? many of the species you talk of in the French and other European shops come from British waters.

The % GDP for many of British products/items looks low and will always look so as long as the financial sector has an unhealthy bias

More people would eat a lot more fish if it was not so expensive

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"More people would eat a lot more fish if it was not so expensive "

Now this is how we fix the worlds economy.

instead of raising taxes to increase salaries lets cut the costs of everything, by 25%. The only real suffering is by the very wealthy.

"More people would eat a lot more fish if it was not so expensive

Now this is how we fix the worlds economy.

instead of raising taxes to increase salaries lets cut the costs of everything, by 25%. The only real suffering is by the very wealthy."

I was thinking more along the lines of health as in eating less meat and eat more fish which would mean less meat production which would be less impact on land use, less methane ect.

We keep on being told to eat less meat and more fish but then make meat cheaper than fish

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"The fishing industry represents less than 1% of our GDP. It sums the whole thing up. A big emotional fuss for an industry which is almost insignificant.

Finally the British fishing float is tiny. There’s no way it could keep up with the demand if French or Dutch boats were not allowed here. Why is this gvt not encouraging more people to join the fishing industry if it knows that it will not give in on this? They’d be completely mad to fuck up so many businesses for the sake of a tiny industry. "

It seems the fishing is more emotive than financial given the size of the fleet. However although its true the fleet is now very small that's because of being in the EU. Before it was very large and maybe it can be again

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Makes me laugh if fishing is not important why are the eu so adamant that they want the fishing rights in uk waters?

Its not rocket science the french,spanish and dutch make a lot of money fishing in uk waters so no reason why we cant have a productive fishing fleet again after all i cant see them all stop eating fish.

Bristol

"Makes me laugh if fishing is not important why are the eu so adamant that they want the fishing rights in uk waters?

Its not rocket science the french,spanish and dutch make a lot of money fishing in uk waters so no reason why we cant have a productive fishing fleet again after all i cant see them all stop eating fish."

It’s not rocket science to understand that we were talking about Britain....

redcar

It raises the question that all sea and oceans should be protected alot more & not just ours.

The oceans have amazing eco systems.

Maybe Bozo Boris could be of some use after all......

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Makes me laugh if fishing is not important why are the eu so adamant that they want the fishing rights in uk waters?

Its not rocket science the french,spanish and dutch make a lot of money fishing in uk waters so no reason why we cant have a productive fishing fleet again after all i cant see them all stop eating fish."

The Eu made it a condition of allowing European fisherman access to British waters when Ted heath was keen to join. Then the same eu introduced the quotas because the waters were being over fished with all the eu boats.this decimated the British industry. Sadly I would not be surprised to see it used as a bargaining chip again in the negotiations going on now

Bristol

Its not rocket science the french,spanish and dutch make a lot of money fishing in uk waters so no reason why we cant have a productive fishing fleet again after all i cant see them all stop eating fish.

The Eu made it a condition of allowing European fisherman access to British waters when Ted heath was keen to join. Then the same eu introduced the quotas because the waters were being over fished with all the eu boats.this decimated the British industry. Sadly I would not be surprised to see it used as a bargaining chip again in the negotiations going on now"

Another thing the naughty EU is responsible of. Nothing wrong with the English fishermen who sold two thirds of their fishing quotas to european boats. The Scots didn’t.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

The Eu made it a condition of allowing European fisherman access to British waters when Ted heath was keen to join. Then the same eu introduced the quotas because the waters were being over fished with all the eu boats.this decimated the British industry. Sadly I would not be surprised to see it used as a bargaining chip again in the negotiations going on now

Another thing the naughty EU is responsible of. Nothing wrong with the English fishermen who sold two thirds of their fishing quotas to european boats. The Scots didn’t. "

The scots fishing industry has suffered horribly in the European rules. The industry does not like the foreign quota hoppers but its within the rules. This will end at the end of the year depending on any new deal

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

" continent of Europe "

just a shame we have an embarrassing shower of shit Tory party - using it to play their games......"

Yawn yawn yawn

Bristol

Another thing the naughty EU is responsible of. Nothing wrong with the English fishermen who sold two thirds of their fishing quotas to european boats. The Scots didn’t.

The scots fishing industry has suffered horribly in the European rules. The industry does not like the foreign quota hoppers but its within the rules. This will end at the end of the year depending on any new deal"

Not sure. This could end up in court I understand.

Manchester

Another thing the naughty EU is responsible of. Nothing wrong with the English fishermen who sold two thirds of their fishing quotas to european boats. The Scots didn’t. "

That’s because Hull and Grimsby fleets were large ships designed to fish Icelandic waters and off Norway and up to Russia. Scottish ships were smaller and fished nearer to the U.K.

The large ships had nowhere to fish economically so the licences were useless without a new fleet and there was no way the owners of those large fleets we’re going to turn down selling the ships and getting a second kick from selling the licence.

Grimsby and Hull had around 1000 deep and middle water ships when the fishing grounds were closed to them

At least 15 crew each plus all the engineers ashore along with service companies employed a lot of people . Gone overnight. Well done our useless government.

The Scottish and Cornwall fleets are very picture postcard but the real devastation and industry decline was in the Humber region so bollocks the Scots didn’t sell as their licences they just scooped the suit small fish insure as they always did just like the Spanish and the Portuguese they complain about.

One basket of cod from a Hull trawler would contain six fully grown cod one Scottish basket would contain around a hundred baby fish .

The Scottish fishermen were well known for hoovering small fish.

The EU didn’t kill the industry the industry lost its areas to fish and became the cottage industry you see in Scotland and Cornwall today so it’s GDP percentage dropped.

In case your wondering ships that weren’t scrapped were sold to places like Brazil or became oil standby ships. Oh and of course radio Caroline was an ex Hull trawler .

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

The scots fishing industry has suffered horribly in the European rules. The industry does not like the foreign quota hoppers but its within the rules. This will end at the end of the year depending on any new deal

Not sure. This could end up in court I understand. "

What will end up in court?

Manchester

Spelling was terrible on my post ... sorry

Inshore on the Scottish fleet and no idea where suit came from !

The trade will go on but with higher tariffs, you cant have the whole cake without the cherry.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It's not our fault that the the EU are feeling a bit scared about our leaving. But we have to let go of their hand/s at some point and let them make their own way in the World.

What was that Headline during the War:

"Fog in the Channel: Continent cut-off"

and now . . .

'Fog on the Channel Europe Isolated'.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's not our fault that the the EU are feeling a bit scared about our leaving. But we have to let go of their hand/s at some point and let them make their own way in the World.

and now . . .

"

Are they feeling scared?

"It's not our fault that the the EU are feeling a bit scared about our leaving. But we have to let go of their hand/s at some point and let them make their own way in the World.

and now . . .

Are they feeling scared?"

Yes I thought it was the other way around.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

and now . . .

Are they feeling scared?"

Terrified.

" continent of Europe "

just a shame we have an embarrassing shower of shit Tory party - using it to play their games......Yawn yawn yawn"

Are you tired again

and now . . .

"

Scared? Why would they be ‘scared’?

redcar

Yes trade will go on - spanish orange farmers have tons & tons of fruit & vegetables that will and have to be sold on the market.

The going rates for everything will be settled.

The paper trail needed for plan B & C

should have been in place 14 months ago?

» Add a new message to this topic