FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit showdown

Brexit showdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Continue here. It is heating up as it is few months left and it seems that boris wants to undermine the divorce treaty, unless the bloc agrees to a free trade deal by october 15, what do you think will happen? I cant see them getting a free trade deal from it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Continue here. It is heating up as it is few months left and it seems that boris wants to undermine the divorce treaty, unless the bloc agrees to a free trade deal by october 15, what do you think will happen? I cant see them getting a free trade deal from it."

Thanks Shag

Any Brexiters care to answers Fabios two questions from the previous thread?

"Continue here. It is heating up as it is few months left and it seems that boris wants to undermine the divorce treaty, unless the bloc agrees to a free trade deal by october 15, what do you think will happen? I cant see them getting a free trade deal from it.

Thanks Shag

Any Brexiters care to answers Fabios two questions from the previous thread?"

Yw pal. I have copied it and pasted it here as well:

"Okay can I ask people prepared to leave without a deal / wto rules 2 questions.....

1) would you be happy to break the good Friday agreement to get what you want?

2) since the government have made the admission that the internal market bill would breach international law.... is it something you would be happy to do to again get what you want

I think the dangerous thing is that the next time someone talks about human rights you lose all the high ground to talk international law if you aren’t prepared to adhere to it yourself"

"Continue here. It is heating up as it is few months left and it seems that boris wants to undermine the divorce treaty, unless the bloc agrees to a free trade deal by october 15, what do you think will happen? I cant see them getting a free trade deal from it.

Thanks Shag

Any Brexiters care to answers Fabios two questions from the previous thread?"

After your post on the last thread about the British all being liars and having no morals, which has now been removed i see, why would any British person bother answering.

Thanks Shag

After your post on the last thread about the British all being liars and having no morals, which has now been removed i see, why would any British person bother answering."

Please show me where I said all British people were liars?

Thanks Shag

After your post on the last thread about the British all being liars and having no morals, which has now been removed i see, why would any British person bother answering.

Please show me where I said all British people were liars?"

Oh and by the way I'm British too. That's why object to being given a bad reputation by those who supposedly represent me.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Thanks Shag

After your post on the last thread about the British all being liars and having no morals, which has now been removed i see, why would any British person bother answering."

So you're ok with the intentional breaking of international law, reneging on agreements and undermining a peace agreement but that is beyond acceptable able for you?

Thanks Shag

So you're ok with the intentional breaking of international law, reneging on agreements and undermining a peace agreement but that is beyond acceptable able for you?"

Just for the record I never said the things I have been accused of saying. Yes I think our government is giving us the reputation of dishonourable people. Yes I think it's a shame the majority of our people chose to vote for a proven liar. Did I say all British people were liars and of low moral fibre certainly not. So despite all the criticism I've levelled at our government fab has mysteriously chosen to remove the one thing that I'm being misquoted on? How convenient.

The irony is not lost on me that the act of defending honesty has required such a blatant untruth. Classic actually

Thanks Shag

So you're ok with the intentional breaking of international law, reneging on agreements and undermining a peace agreement but that is beyond acceptable able for you?"

I never said I was OK with it at all did i, that is your assumption, as it happens NO i don't think its right at all, neither should be reneged on or broken.

Thanks Shag

Please show me where I said all British people were liars?"

As I said it has been removed from the previous thread otherwise I would show you.

Thanks Shag

As I said it has been removed from the previous thread otherwise I would show you. "

Please quote my exact words where I supposedly said ALL British people are liars?

Thanks Shag

As I said it has been removed from the previous thread otherwise I would show you.

Please quote my exact words where I supposedly said ALL British people are liars?"

Actually I need to apologise to you, i have just been looking at the screenshot to try post it and i realised it was not you that posted it but someone else with a very similar avatar to you. So once again I apologise and am sorry for my mistake. I will take a trip to specsavers before I post again

Thanks Shag

Please quote my exact words where I supposedly said ALL British people are liars?

Actually I need to apologise to you, i have just been looking at the screenshot to try post it and i realised it was not you that posted it but someone else with a very similar avatar to you. So once again I apologise and am sorry for my mistake. I will take a trip to specsavers before I post again "

Thanks for being man enough to admit your mistake. I really respect that you have done so publicly. In fact you have proved that whoever said those things is wrong.

Thanks Shag

Actually I need to apologise to you, i have just been looking at the screenshot to try post it and i realised it was not you that posted it but someone else with a very similar avatar to you. So once again I apologise and am sorry for my mistake. I will take a trip to specsavers before I post again

Thanks for being man enough to admit your mistake. I really respect that you have done so publicly. In fact you have proved that whoever said those things is wrong.

"

I am glad you accept my apology, i feel such a dick. We do need a face palm emoji on here though, well i do anyway

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Get a room you two

Seriously, its always good to recall proper apology and to accept itinerary the spirit it is given....reflects well on both of you.

East Lancashire

Receive......dont know how recall got in there.

Thanks Shag

I am glad you accept my apology, i feel such a dick. We do need a face palm emoji on here though, well i do anyway "

Don't feel bad really. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I am very critical of how we are being represented overseas so I can understand how the mixup occurred. No umbrage taken in fact you have earned my respect.

Reading today's paper it seems that walking away without a deal might be the best course of action. Why?

Because the EU reaction to BJs Machiavellian ways might be legal repercussions at best and sanctions or even military actions at the unthinkablely worst.

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel...

Let's look on the bright side

Just survived a huge covid down turn so the next Brexit shock at say 5 to 10% downturn in GDP wont seem to bad will it ?

"Let's look on the bright side

Just survived a huge covid down turn so the next Brexit shock at say 5 to 10% downturn in GDP wont seem to bad will it ?"

Not next to, on top of. A fall in GDP on top of a fall in GDP.

"Reading today's paper it seems that walking away without a deal might be the best course of action. Why?

Because the EU reaction to BJs Machiavellian ways might be legal repercussions at best and sanctions or even military actions at the unthinkablely worst.

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel..."

Here's a radical idea. Perhaps the best course of action is to avoid retaliatory sanctions, legal or military action against us by honouring the agreement we made. You know, the one people voted for in the general election. The oven ready one. The one we were all told was a miracle of diplomacy.

Its just mad enough to work.

"Let's look on the bright side

Just survived a huge covid down turn so the next Brexit shock at say 5 to 10% downturn in GDP wont seem to bad will it ?"

Now that you put it that way...

It's like losing one arm and being happy that you're only losing the fingers on the other arm

Who would be worried that gdp will fall? We have a fantastic deal with Japan, nothing will change

"Who would be worried that gdp will fall? We have a fantastic deal with Japan, nothing will change "

That's fantastic. Some negative economist was saying that if were lose 2 million jobs in October through furlough ending we will probably face the biggest depression ever.

But what that economist doesn't know is that WE GOT BREXIT done! Ok... so at that stage Boris would have signed anything you stuck under his nose. And did.

"Who would be worried that gdp will fall? We have a fantastic deal with Japan, nothing will change

That's fantastic. Some negative economist was saying that if were lose 2 million jobs in October through furlough ending we will probably face the biggest depression ever.

But what that economist doesn't know is that WE GOT BREXIT done! Ok... so at that stage Boris would have signed anything you stuck under his nose. And did. "

Yes. He did, but after a month he might change his mind and break a deal. He has no problem with that

"Reading today's paper it seems that walking away without a deal might be the best course of action. Why?

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel..."

It looks like that there might not be a deal with the usa as they are seeing how britain is treating the eu and dont respect it agreement they have with them.

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel...It looks like that there might not be a deal with the usa as they are seeing how britain is treating the eu and dont respect it agreement they have with them."

Unfortunately, since the day when a clown became prime minister, no one takes UK seriously.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Military action? By whome?

Is this even a possibility

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel...It looks like that there might not be a deal with the usa as they are seeing how britain is treating the eu and dont respect it agreement they have with them.

Unfortunately, since the day when a clown became prime minister, no one takes UK seriously. "

You are right there noone does that.

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel...

Is this even a possibility"

Well I have read one article speculating about using the Navy to protect our fishing areas and another about the EU blockading the Irish Sea...

Wars have been started over less.

Consider the American oil embargo on Japan that forced them into WWII and the Cuban Missile Crisis...

milton keynes

Well I have read one article speculating about using the Navy to protect our fishing areas and another about the EU blockading the Irish Sea...

Consider the American oil embargo on Japan that forced them into WWII and the Cuban Missile Crisis..."

Oh so not an actual consequence of it but possibly a consequence of a consequence if that makes sense. Can't see the EU blockading the Irish sea especially as they don't have a navy and aircraft can fly straight over them

Consider the American oil embargo on Japan that forced them into WWII and the Cuban Missile Crisis...

Oh so not an actual consequence of it but possibly a consequence of a consequence if that makes sense. Can't see the EU blockading the Irish sea especially as they don't have a navy and aircraft can fly straight over them"

Well Boris is using the threat of the sea being blockaded as justification for his bill.

I don't know what our military strengths are. I do that up intil recently we were part of the Galileo project and were kicked out. As you will know satellites are a crucial part of modern warfare.

All I know is we don't want to go there.

In other news:

The veteran Tory MP Sir Roger Gale has said he believes the government should “kill” the UK Internal Market Bill and “start again”.

He said: “It is damaging internationally, it is damaging to our reputation, it’s damaging to our honour and our credibility as a nation and I cannot support it.”

And I say hear hear!!!

milton keynes

Oh so not an actual consequence of it but possibly a consequence of a consequence if that makes sense. Can't see the EU blockading the Irish sea especially as they don't have a navy and aircraft can fly straight over them

Well Boris is using the threat of the sea being blockaded as justification for his bill.

I don't know what our military strengths are. I do that up intil recently we were part of the Galileo project and were kicked out. As you will know satellites are a crucial part of modern warfare.

In other news:

The veteran Tory MP Sir Roger Gale has said he believes the government should “kill” the UK Internal Market Bill and “start again”.

He said: “It is damaging internationally, it is damaging to our reputation, it’s damaging to our honour and our credibility as a nation and I cannot support it.”

And I say hear hear!!!"

I'm not sure Boris was meaning a physical blockade but not seen much of it so take your word for it. Yes we no longer are in Galileo so still using the US system we have for many years successfully. The UK is also making its own new system. France is the only EU country with any real power. The German military is in a Woeful condition. Perhaps Spain will send another Amanda. Personally I don't think its likely at all

Perhaps just having increased tarrifs etc is the best outcome we have on the table. But then maybe that's the we are supposed to feel...It looks like that there might not be a deal with the usa as they are seeing how britain is treating the eu and dont respect it agreement they have with them.

Unfortunately, since the day when a clown became prime minister, no one takes UK seriously. You are right there noone does that."

Also uk needs a trade deal more than the eu does.

Derry

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

I'm not sure Boris was meaning a physical blockade but not seen much of it so take your word for it. Yes we no longer are in Galileo so still using the US system we have for many years successfully. The UK is also making its own new system. France is the only EU country with any real power. The German military is in a Woeful condition. Perhaps Spain will send another Amanda. Personally I don't think its likely at all"

The only person using the term blockade is Boris. The real issue is the Withdrawal Agreement which effectively puts a customs border between NI and the UK. The WA was negotiated under Johnson. T May preferred to see the UK remain in a customs union with the EU than have an internal customs border. May's deal was voted down 3 times in parliament. The issue of N Ireland was the only sticking point in the WA. In order to secure a WA Johnson had to agree to Customs border otherwise the UK would have exited the EU with no deal at that stage. Boris signed the WA, refused to let parliament fully scrutinise and debate the WA. He campaigned and won on his 'oven ready deal'

Objectively the NI protocol is bad deal for the UK and N Ireland, but stupid games win stupid prizes. Now when it's coming to the crunch, Johnson is simply reneging. Using a term like blockade is intended to rally the faithful behind him. A response for the EU will be in the form of fines and sanctions.

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

I'm not sure Boris was meaning a physical blockade but not seen much of it so take your word for it. Yes we no longer are in Galileo so still using the US system we have for many years successfully. The UK is also making its own new system. France is the only EU country with any real power. The German military is in a Woeful condition. Perhaps Spain will send another Amanda. Personally I don't think its likely at all

The only person using the term blockade is Boris. The real issue is the Withdrawal Agreement which effectively puts a customs border between NI and the UK. The WA was negotiated under Johnson. T May preferred to see the UK remain in a customs union with the EU than have an internal customs border. May's deal was voted down 3 times in parliament. The issue of N Ireland was the only sticking point in the WA. In order to secure a WA Johnson had to agree to Customs border otherwise the UK would have exited the EU with no deal at that stage. Boris signed the WA, refused to let parliament fully scrutinise and debate the WA. He campaigned and won on his 'oven ready deal'

Objectively the NI protocol is bad deal for the UK and N Ireland, but stupid games win stupid prizes. Now when it's coming to the crunch, Johnson is simply reneging. Using a term like blockade is intended to rally the faithful behind him. A response for the EU will be in the form of fines and sanctions."

Hence why I said I don't think he meant it in a physical way in my post. I was a bit unfair to the Spanish though. They have thousands of pedalos. They could chain them together along the Irish sea

Derry

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

Objectively the NI protocol is bad deal for the UK and N Ireland, but stupid games win stupid prizes. Now when it's coming to the crunch, Johnson is simply reneging. Using a term like blockade is intended to rally the faithful behind him. A response for the EU will be in the form of fines and sanctions.

Hence why I said I don't think he meant it in a physical way in my post. I was a bit unfair to the Spanish though. They have thousands of pedalos. They could chain them together along the Irish sea"

Sanctions will be better than pedalos. Not really sure how the Royal Navy will help against trade sanctions.

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

Hence why I said I don't think he meant it in a physical way in my post. I was a bit unfair to the Spanish though. They have thousands of pedalos. They could chain them together along the Irish sea

Sanctions will be better than pedalos. Not really sure how the Royal Navy will help against trade sanctions."

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo line

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

Sanctions will be better than pedalos. Not really sure how the Royal Navy will help against trade sanctions.

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo line"

Maybe a fleet of condolas from Venice will sneek up the Thames

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo lineMaybe a fleet of condolas from Venice will sneek up the Thames "

What I said was

"Well Boris is using the threat of the sea being blockaded as justification for his bill"

For the record when Boris Johnson says something I automatically assume it's a lie until proven otherwise.

All I'm saying is that he's certainly upped the rhetoric. Are we still referring to them as our European friends? Wonder if we will soon be known as the defendant?

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo lineMaybe a fleet of condolas from Venice will sneek up the Thames

What I said was

"Well Boris is using the threat of the sea being blockaded as justification for his bill"

For the record when Boris Johnson says something I automatically assume it's a lie until proven otherwise.

All I'm saying is that he's certainly upped the rhetoric. Are we still referring to them as our European friends? Wonder if we will soon be known as the defendant?"

At the top of this conversation you did mention military action. That's what I was responding to

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo lineMaybe a fleet of condolas from Venice will sneek up the Thames "

Stealth gondola's maybe. They are a canny bunch

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

If you look back I was only responding to a claim of possible military action against the uk hence the pedalo lineMaybe a fleet of condolas from Venice will sneek up the Thames

What I said was

All I'm saying is that he's certainly upped the rhetoric. Are we still referring to them as our European friends? Wonder if we will soon be known as the defendant?

At the top of this conversation you did mention military action. That's what I was responding to"

At the "unthinkablely worst". I was laying out where the extremes lie not the likelihood of them happening. Sorry. My bad I wasn't clear.

I remember us having a protracted dispute over territory and sovereignty with Argentina...

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

Speaking of military action, does anyone remember the hostilities involving the British army for over 30 years in "northern Ireland" of all places

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

What I said was

At the top of this conversation you did mention military action. That's what I was responding to

At the "unthinkablely worst". I was laying out where the extremes lie not the likelihood of them happening. Sorry. My bad I wasn't clear.

I remember us having a protracted dispute over territory and sovereignty with Argentina..."

That takes me back the dispute with Argentina. They not tried that again

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

I'm not sure Boris was meaning a physical blockade but not seen much of it so take your word for it. Yes we no longer are in Galileo so still using the US system we have for many years successfully. The UK is also making its own new system. France is the only EU country with any real power. The German military is in a Woeful condition. Perhaps Spain will send another Amanda. Personally I don't think its likely at all"

They can send me another Amanda any day

East Lancashire

One side is angry and pointing out potential consequences.

One side is blustery and stoking rhetoric.

Will leave you all to decide which is which.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I think it's a shame the majority of our people chose to vote for a proven liar."

They didn't. Only 43.6% of voters backed his Party - which is part of the problem.

As Paul Weller said, in 1980:

What you see is what you get

You've made your bed, you'd better lie in it

You choose your leaders and place your trust

And their lies put you down and their promises rust

Nothing's changed. Nor, sadly, is it ever likely to - for the better, anyway.

How can it, if you can get a majority of seats in the HoC, when over half the voters didn't want you in power?

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

What I said was

I remember us having a protracted dispute over territory and sovereignty with Argentina...

That takes me back the dispute with Argentina. They not tried that again"

Do you remember other protracted disputes over territory much closer to home?

Gloating over past wars is the type of mentality that has you lot in this mess that you are in

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

What I said was

Gloating over past wars is the type of mentality that has you lot in this mess that you are in

"

Gloating?

I've lived through 2 wars and that was 2 wars too many thanks.

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

It was the first time you made me laugh, positively of course

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

In other news:

And I say hear hear!!!

What I said was

"

Indeed but that was not what was mentioned. Argentina and the Falklands were which is what I answered

Does anyone realise what a divided nation we are?

On top of the usual politics we have, Brexit Stay/Leave, deal or no neal, covid restrictions/herd immunity, masks/no masks, bill/no bill.

As much as Nelson Mandela took a nation divided on every level, Boris Johnson has created a divide at every single junction.

As a result, instead of us standing together we are pitted against one another, at a time when we should be standing together shoulder to shoulder.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Does anyone realise what a divided nation we are?

On top of the usual politics we have, Brexit Stay/Leave, deal or no neal, covid restrictions/herd immunity, masks/no masks, bill/no bill.

As much as Nelson Mandela took a nation divided on every level, Boris Johnson has created a divide at every single junction.

As a result, instead of us standing together we are pitted against one another, at a time when we should be standing together shoulder to shoulder. "

Divide and rule

That's what tories do best.

[Removed by poster at 13/09/20 14:55:04]

"Does anyone realise what a divided nation we are?

As a result, instead of us standing together we are pitted against one another, at a time when we should be standing together shoulder to shoulder.

Divide and rule

That's what tories do best."

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Perhaps the preliminary report linking Covid and brain damage is true.

» Add a new message to this topic